[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is such a rich game. The locale is painstakingly realized.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 23

File: ALAN WAKE.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ALAN WAKE.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
This is such a rich game.
The locale is painstakingly realized.
The people feel like real humans with lives outside of being story characters.
The lore surrounding the lake is good spooky fun and the plot is easily one of the best in video games (inb4 some cynical faggot makes a "low bar" shitpost).
Barry is best bro.
The TV serial angle with the title drop at the end of every chapter is such a fucking release if you binge the game in one sitting and the musical interludes are some really good choices.
The only true blemishes are the glaringly bad facial animations, the kinda janky but very rare platforming, and the COMPLETE FUCKING LACK OF A FULLY FLEDGED SEQUEL I WANT TO DIE
>>
>Barry is best bro

He's annoying as fuck and poorly written. Other than that though Alan Wake is a great game, massively underrated.
>>
>>388927140
>annoying
He's in over his head and a greedy bastard but his loyalty is Al is still stronger than either of those feelings. He's a good guy.
>>
(((They))) did Bright Falls.
Spread the word.
>>
Yeah I love Alan Wake bro, you hit the nail on the head. Complaints about the repetitive gameplay are legitimate, but I was honestly so caught up in the story and atmosphere I didn't even mind.

Some really cool and dynamic spooks could emerge naturally when you turned the camera around into a taken in front of you. Very cool standalone expansion too, nail gun best gun.
>>
>>388927395

I agree with the complaints that its repetitive, but there are enough breaks and non combat areas in just the right places. Its the only reason i havent sold my xbox
>>
File: Bush Maze.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bush Maze.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>388927524
Simple as it was, the gameplay was highly effective at tension building in a fight.
Mashing the button to reload all of these single cartridge loading weapons faster was an excellent touch. I also really like Alan's dodge for some reason. It's half duck, half stumble and it just works for my brain.
>>
>>388927080
Duh it was in production for like TEN years.
>>
>>388927620
It's really quite a treat on PC. I really hope they get the silences to put it on Steam back.
The bonus materials include everything from the soundtrack and making of vidocs to extended story comics, the entire game's screen play, and even the fuck sheet music.

>>388927703
Worth it.
>>
>>388927905
How that came out was silences and licenses is completely lost on me....
>>
File: crying emoji mask.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
crying emoji mask.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
The biggest sin of all is that it ends on a cliffhanger that'll never get resolved and Remedy instead made the incredibly mediocre Quantum Break aka the most forgettable game ever made.
>>
>>388927080
Write an article about, homo erectus.
>>
>>388928014
Oh man is it really that bad? I was planning to play it once I finish up American Nightmare.
>>
>>388928014
Did you not play American Nightmare?
>>
>>388927080
Agreed, this is one of my favourite games. I'm still so fucking pissed they scrapped season 2.

I remember when I was staying at my dad's place and he, being a long time King fan, bought a used copy of it for his xbox somewhere and brought it home. We spent the entire night playing it and enjoying the hell out of it. Good times. Bought it for myself as soon as PC version appeared.
>>
>>388928162
No but I will be writing a review that will go in the best place it possibly can. My Steam page where no one will ever see it; as god intended.

>that painting in the window
>>
Reinstalling. Should I play with keyboard + mouse or a controller? Also, is American Nightmare worth the install, too? I figured I'd play it after finishing the main game and never did finish the main game.
>>
>>388928202
Its not bad, its just average and forgettable. It has some good moments but its overall just very bland, like watching a forgettable TV show, like a Fringe rip off. It doesn't have nearly as interesting an atmosphere or characters as their previous games, definitely a step down. That said if you like time travel stories and liked Remedy's previous games, I'd say its worth checking out because you might get something out of it.
>>
>>388928240
that wasn't a conclusion to the storyline though, it was just a spin off game meant to lead into Alan Wake 2, but it got cancelled
>>
File: Breaker.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Breaker.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388928468
Do the mouse. Hella responsive.
>>
>>388928597
Well I did already buy the damned thing during the summer sale. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.
>>
>You will never have a giant brawl with the Taken on a heavy metal stage to the blaring tune of CHILDREN OF THE ELDER GOD for the first time ever again
>>
>>388929015
The thing that really sucks is that the live action parts are only available for streaming at 720p, which is just retarded
>>
>>388929771
Wait. You have to STREAM parts of the story?
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: AlanWake 2015-05-24 14-47-26-89.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AlanWake 2015-05-24 14-47-26-89.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
But it's linear and has poor gameplay. Looks amazing, story holds up until near the end when it gets a bit ridiculous. Originally it was planned to be more open but I guess that didn't quite work.

I'd like a sequel but I'm not in rush to get one.
>>
>>388931870
>linear is bad
No.
>>
>>388932007
Well it's a large mountain town. I'd like to explore a bit
>>
>>388932134
>It's a massive alien ring world. I'd like to explore a bit.
>It's Moscow. I'd like to explore a bit.
>It's space ship. I'd like to explore a bit.
Honestly, my dude.
And even then, explore what? Where doesn't the game take you that you so badly want to go?
>>
>>388928240
american nightmare was literally just a dreamâ„¢
>>
>>388933293
Probably for the best. I enjoyed the camp, but I'm a faggot who prefers the moodier tone of the original.
>>
>>388927905
>It's really quite a treat on PC. I really hope they get the silences to put it on Steam back.
>>388927971
>How that came out was silences and licenses is completely lost on me....
dude are you having a fucking stroke?
>>
>>388928014
Guarantee you if they could have gotten Microsoft to fork over the money for it they would have preferred to do Alan Wake 2 over Quantum Break, but it didn't do well enough so they did what would get them a paycheck.
>>
>>388928468
>should I play a shooter with a mouse or a controller
ur dum
>>
>>388928890
Man the basics of the combat was so good, I loved the flow of dodging, draining shields, flashing just to stun so you can get some distance and shooting. I wish they had just developed it a little more.
>>
>>388933439
Looking back on that. Possiblyiadpfnasd'f
>>
>>388927080
I still want my money back for this piece of boring garbage. The soundtrack was the only good thing that come out of it.
>>
File: aw3.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
aw3.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>388933415
>>388927080
you really should disable the hud, it ruins screenshots
>>
>>388932372
The town at day
Rural Americana is such an underused setting. I'm interested in Far Cry 5 for that alone.
>>
File: 1504273908690.jpg (9KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
1504273908690.jpg
9KB, 300x194px
yeah but it's also scary
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.