[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what's wrong with this again? I understand that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: acu.jpg (114KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
acu.jpg
114KB, 460x215px
So, what's wrong with this again?

I understand that it was shitty at release because of the bugs and the companion app but, at the same time:

>bugs have been mostly fixed, only got stuck in terrain once in about 10 hours of play
>initiate chests or whatever they're called no longer depend on external app
>dead kings looks like good stuff and it's free
>modern day plot is like 10 minutes of the whole game, haven't been that interested in that personally
>after about 15 minutes into the game you can do whatever you want, the game assumes you're already familiar with the series, which is good
>feels like brotherhood but set in france
>missions have more open space and room for movement in them instead of set path
>visually speaking it's pretty sweet to look at
>armors and items are sylish
>story feels alright for an ac title, main protagonist is likeable

So it's basically ACII/Brotherhood but with better graphics, no modern day story bullshit, better combat and parkour. Which is, at least personally, what I've always wanted. And many people said before that all they want is a pseuo-historical simulator where they get to assassinate big names from the past. And I feel that it delivers in this aspect.

In the end, bugs being mostly dealt with and chests being all unlocked from the start, what's the reason it's been so hated for?
>>
>>388925850
>I like to get fistfucked
>>
>>388925850
like i said in an earlier post
it's unoptimized garbage, my computer can't handle it more than 10 min before over heating and having the blue screen
>>
>>388926432

That, so far, I have not personally had problems with.

But again, other than the bugs/optimisation which made it run for most people why is it still not considered among the best?

I've seen everybody circlejerk over Black Flag because hurr durr pirates, yet Unity was everything good about AC2/Brotherhood brought in one game.
>>
Because it has shitty launch and unfinished. I do admit the game is attempted to change some things for good, but the reaction was negative enough that we got Syndicate instead.

Hopefully Origins re-fix the franchise again but I doubt it.
>>
>>388925850
mostly story
>>
>>388926729
Origins looks more like RPG, by that I mean diablo 2 clone with pretty graphics and stealth.
Unity tried that direction but was toor estrictive with numbers/levels, and detective side quests were great. But narrative was so bad, game tried to make you care less and less with each chapter.
>>
>>388926729

In that case what made Syndicate good or at least better reviewed?

True, a shitty release will greatly influence the buyers but that state in which the game is at the moment make it, at least for me, the best one in the series.

Origins has a setting that I have zero interest in, unfortunately.
>>
>>388926432
get a better pc than something made in 2004 and get better cooling solution you dumb fucking cunt
>>
>minimum requirements to run the game at 15fps at medium settings is the BEST card that came out 2 years before and which costed 600$ at launch
Its some retarded ubisoft social experiment.
>>
>>388926942
>Origins has a setting that I have zero interest in, unfortunately.
But you like a bunch of frogeaters killing each other? To each his own I guess.
>>
>>388927023
I ran it on 770 at 45fps, it was alright.
>>
>>388927023

What? I have an R9 280x and can run it at 40-60 with high settings, FXAA

>>388927049
What's the catch with frog eaters? I'm asking because I'm assuming it's a pun on the french but i'm not familiar with it
>>
>>388926942
No, they mistook the negativity as "every Unity's gameplay decisions are shit". Syndicate combat is worse and the RPG elements are bullshit, London isn't just fun enough to parkouring, and instead of stripping down non-assasins elements like in Unity, they bloated it again with useless shits.

The reason why it got better reviews was because it was polished, at least. It still low for a AAA game (78 metacritic score, IIRC)
>>
I liked itand i got it a little after release .
>>
>>388927049
t. nigger
>>
I still play Unity from time to time these days but there's a lot of things wrong with this game (Syndicate is much worse though).
>the crash around the Pantheon district still happens and no patch will ever come for it
>Dead Kings is a pretty dull slog through uninteresting underground areas
>no hand-to-hand combat, weapons have very little distinction from each other aside from stat increases (AC 2 had throwable heavy weapons and spears, blunt weapons knocked enemies out instead of killing them, etc.)
>projectile weapons have weird hit detection to them
>plot ends up being inconsequential as fuck, goes nowhere, barely uses the French Revolution backdrop, has a few massive plot holes and focuses too much on Arno being a selfish and dumb fucking prick
>Arno is also unlikable as fuck. Connor was dumb but he still managed to be more endearing than Arno is. He's just a plain, selfish fuck that's just sarcastic and angsty to everyone
>>
>>388925850
didn't play it but my main complaint with these games is that since AC2 they all feel too samey while at the same time being buggy af. You'd think after so many years of doing the same game slightly differently they'd be able to atleast make it a stable experience. I downloaded some AC4 DLC standalone with PS+ and it crashed like 6 times in my playthrough and that was a short playthrough. And god did i hate the optional objectives in missions.
>>
>>388927023
Fake news. ran it at a consistent 50fps in medium with a 760
>>
Ran like utter shit, bugs out the ass at release.
Who the fuck cares if they fixed it later on ? In the end it's just another ass creed.
No one cares and neither should they.
>>
>>388925850
>aside from having an astronomically bad launch what went wrong?

does anything else have to go wrong anon? first impressions matter. releasing the game unfinished gets it terrible word of mouth which is historically the most important form of marketing. Codename STEAM would be remembered as one of the best 3ds games if we could have retrys on game launches, all it's problems were fixed in a patch like a month after launch, but nothing can save a failed takeoff
>>
Nowadays it's pretty alright gameplay wise. It's still asscreed but one of the better.
I'd say the biggest flaw is the story which is just so utterly bad and uninteresting I don't know how they even managed that. They had the fucking french revolution and somehow decided to put all of that in the background to co-op missions and focus on one of most pointless and boring iteration of the "secret societies fight each other" plot that for some reason has to be in every game even nobody likes those.
>>
it's fucking garbage, that's the problem
>>
>>388929683

That's fair enough regarding the release, I was more interested in how the game is seen as today.
>>
>>388929871

I don't see co-op as such a bad idea if the missions are interesting. Are there any people left playing the game that I can at least duo with? I reckon that would be fun.
>>
>>388925850
>what's wrong with this again?
I'll try.
>protagonist is nothing special
>reduction of weapon options
>optional objectives in missions are still terrible
>weapon/armour stats are OK but are lacking a lot
>enemy AI detecting stealth is horridly done

Other than that it's an OK AC game. Slightly better than 3
>>
File: ACUnity animation momentum.webm (2MB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
ACUnity animation momentum.webm
2MB, 960x640px
I found climbing to be terrible. It's just too automated compared to the grid system of AC2. Also buildings are too far apart which makes it boring, and the animations don't feel natural, you suddenly gain a boost of speed when doing some jumps as in pic related, which feels terrible. Stealth is just trash with guards always looking elsewhere, missions are terrible, no good side content, everything about story and characters is dogshit and the list just piles on.

The only good things about Unity are the graphics and more challenging combat. The rest is as bad if not worse than AC3. It's an awful good looking game.
>>
>>388930492
then reread my post, the game is seen as a buggy mess by all the people who didn't buy it, and since they didn't buy it their opinion of it will never change
>>
>>388931615
ubi not lowering the price to acceptable levels doesn't help either
>>
>>388932735
it's not worth playing this turd even for free
>>
>>388925850
NOUS ÉTIONS
LES ROIS
ET MERDE
>>
Arno is just terrible as a character. He's Ezio without understanding what made Ezio fun and he's Edward before he got his act together mixed into one which means all he does is want to bang Elise and when he's not banging Elise he's getting completely hammered and wasting his life away in self pity.
The entire story itself is terrible, everything from when Mirabeau dies until the end is ridiculous because of several reasons.
>Arno somehow convinces the Assassin Council to let Elise go despite her being the prime suspect and being a Templar Grand Master on the word of Arno.
>Arno then proceeds to kill a Templar and absorb his memories through his blade somehow which he then presents as evidence that Elise didn't do it and that there's another murderer afoot.
>So then Arno is told to go research it.
>He then kills pisspot man.
>Now not only have two Assassins died while Elise was near the council but they're still not going after Arno because...
>Arno just says he got attacked by pisspot man.
>The council is lenient again for whatever reason but tells Arno enough is enough and not to delve any further.
>Proceeds to then run around everywhere and kills Templars while Elise ran unchecked by the council, and then when Arno is finally asked about this he brings up the absorbed memories for a third time but this time he's reprimanded for it and kicked out.
>Wallows in his own self pity.
>Only after this do we finally meet the actual big bad, 1 hour from the end of the game.

There's also the problem of just the sheer amount of chests you need to deal with and locked doors if you want 100%, co-op missions require you to run them three times and split up from the group if you want the points for your upgrades, and even now after all the patches it's still buggy (Clipped into like five walls and fell through the map twice in about 80 hours).

Keep in mind I enjoyed it as well after hearing nothing but garbage about it, but it has a good chunk of problems.
>>
>>388934873
also don't forget the ending
>oh, looks like we already won this fight hundreds of years ago!
as if to say thanks for playing but you ultimately wasted your time.
>>
Ehh, if I'm being completely honest with myself, the game's state at release absolutely soured my opinion more than it probably should have
That said, there are a few minor nitpicks that I had:
>modern story is practically non existent, had you play as "a consumer who was totally hacked by the assassins u guize!"
>the whole point of following Arno (locating the Sage's body) was for naught (he's dead and his DNA is unusable. Whoops!)
>the leaders of the Assassin Brotherhood are just there to be naysaying douches
>removal of the iconic death speeches, replaced them with "AND THEN YOU TOTALLY SAW HIS MEMORIES"
>first game with microtransactions
>the massive, thousand-person crowds were ugly and didn't feel right
>see-through-walls eagle vision
>>
>>388926531
dunno, i guess their first experience with it was so shit they decided to not play it again
either that or they hate frenchies
>>388926964
sorry bud but if it can't run on an average gaming pc, the game is shit
>>
>>388925850
I don't get how Syndicate gets a free pass even fucking praise when unity exists
>>
>>388938285
Story was more interesting, dedicated stealth button, a more relatable/recognizable setting, playing as two separate characters, missions were more varied and more fun, "special" assassinations were more challenging and more fun
>>
>>388937891
>had you play as "a consumer who was totally hacked by the assassins u guize!"
nobody mentions how in cutscene you are talked to like to a child, that dialogue was the worst in the whole AC franchise
>>
>stuck in a single town
>story takes precedence over the rest of the game
>said story diminishes relevance of the revolutionary setting in favor of OMG forbidden love between enemies!
>minimal relevance to overarching plot. "Whoops, turns out he was dead and irrelevant!"
>Main character is a watered down Ezio with all the wrong priorities.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.