[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you bought War of the Chosen? It fixed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 33

File: xcom-2-3[1].jpg (182KB, 1902x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom-2-3[1].jpg
182KB, 1902x1080px
Why haven't you bought War of the Chosen?

It fixed literally everything.
>>
>>388923991
what's new?
>>
>>388923991
Playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Sonic Mania, WoW, and Hearthstone, which is keeping me busy. Will get WotC when it goes on sale or I find myself needing it and willing to pay full price.
>>
File: 1333079209347.png (305KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
1333079209347.png
305KB, 383x500px
>>388923991
Because it is $40.
>>
I pirated it, its pretty good
>>
>>388923991
I ain't buying it, I'm pirating it and putting over my bought XCOM2. After the DLC pass I'm not giving them any money no more.
>>
Don't waste my time isnt updated yet ?
Come on breh
>>
>>388924253
can't say I'd blame you.

I waited until a big sale before I got 2+DLC so it only cost me 50 CAD. I'm pre-ordering only because Firaxis have never fucked me up the ass when it comes to expansions or DLC so far. Also ACG said it's legit.
>>
>>388924395
just enable the beta strike shit or whatever it is called, makes the game bearable
>>
>>388924815
Don't Waste My Time doesn't affect timers, it speeds up the animations in the game so actions don't take forever.

Soldiers carrying downed team members are unbearably slow and things like evacuating take forever.
>>
File: 1469517353381.png (72KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
1469517353381.png
72KB, 265x294px
>>388923991
>the main problem with the game was that there was only one global doomsday timer
>so we went and added three more
>>
>>388923991
Can i get a quick rundown of the guy on the left?
>>
>>388925038
Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour. Voiced by Nolan North.
>>
File: 1480373968263.png (84KB, 425x431px) Image search: [Google]
1480373968263.png
84KB, 425x431px
Playing Mario Rabbids now since I'm pretty busy with university starting up again, and you can just pick up the Switch and play for 20 minutes at a time.

I'll get this in a few weeks when things settle down and I have a full weekend to play.
>>
File: 1503153153259.png (1MB, 1000x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1503153153259.png
1MB, 1000x1512px
>>388923991
Cause it's a glorified mod.

>pay $40
>start the new "expansion"
>play same campaign again

l m a o
m
a
o
>>
>>388923991
Not really. It added some variety but also a lot of retarded design decisions.
>>
>>388924395
I beg to differ.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620600092
>>
>>388923991
Let me see, so I bought the base game for I think discounted 49€ back then at GMG
Now you want me to shell out another 40 (LOL) bucks for DLC just because "it fixed literally everything"

No. I realize 2k has to recoup their losses inflicted by battleborn but come the fuck on. Ill buy this DLC when it's 20 bucks or less during steam sales
>>
Waiting for long war 2 to be updated for it.
>>
>>388926738

Basically this. Buying games on release is a bad investment now, much better to wait for them to get all their DLC and go on sale.
>>
>>388927135
I blame the industry themself for this. I caught myself holding off with certain games because I know they'll get a lot of DLC and buying the "GOTY" edition with everything included is the better deal. Exceptions to this are games I really am passionate about, the ones that I cannot wait to play, but these are very few these times
>>
>>388923991
While I'm impressed with the amount of content added and the performance fixes, I'm just not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

Maybe it's because there's too much shit to manage now on the strategic layer. Fatigue, soldier bonds, covert ops, faction reputation, chosen, there's so many fucking prompts every time I try to scan a fucking site for some supplies it feels like ages before I can finally get to the next mission.
>>
It's good but not worth 40$. Not by a long shot.

Damn jews.
>>
>>388923991
Got my hands full with Lon War right now.
>>
File: 1496429149702.jpg (2MB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1496429149702.jpg
2MB, 2048x1367px
>>388923991
how much playtime did it add?
did it make the game harder or easyer?
how are the new classes?
how are the new enemies?
worth 40€ or wait for sale?
>>
>>388923991
>bought
>some_laughing_reaction_image.jpg
>>
>>388927591
The new enemies are alright. An advent flamethrower dude. An advent psi soldier. A shadow that creates a copy of one of your troops. None of them are particularly difficult to deal with.

Then there are the chosen which are 3 mini bosses. They are annoying as shit and can screw up an entire mission if they decide to drop in at the wrong time. You can't kill them permanently until you do a very difficult mission for each (I'm talking plasma weapons with elite troops) so you have to contend with these assholes for most of the game.

The new soldier classes are a little bit better than regular soldiers but not by much. One of them falls off hard late game.

Overall I think the early game was made significantly harder, mostly because of the chosen. They will one hit kill low level troops and cause an easy squadwipe if you still have other aliens active.
>>
>>388923991
What does it fix?
>>
>>388928145
Is the perfomance better or not
>>
>>388929123
Everything. Can't you read?

But seriously it fixes a lot of the issues. Loading times for one. It introduces a lot of different types of missions where timers make more sense. Adds more options to deal with avatar buildup.
>>
>>388923991
>Have to buy 'DLC' to fix a game I already own because the devs are incompetent

That's not even considering the fact that it doesn't even fix XCOM 2 itself.
>>
>>388929223
When going into a mission it loads nearly instantly. The voiceover has barely started.

Game still suffers from line of sight bullshit though.
>>
>>388926586
thanks anon, i can start playing for realsies now
>>
>>388929405
>line of sight bullshit though.
Huh?
>>
>>388924138
>>>388923991 (OP)
>Because it is $40.
It may be still around $30 on gmg ( got mine for 28) and Amazon had a big and honored it being sold at $10

Capatcha:avenue central
>>
>>388923991
Enjoying it so far.

My only complains is that i have has 2 crashes in 20 hours so we are likely beta testing before console.

So skip Iron man until patches drop.

Other than that its really good. Mid level is where the biggest challenges are. Like just getting magnetic weapons, hitting an alien base that has a chosen and an alien lord guarding it.
>>
>>388929443
>run one soldier to a new area
>nothing happens
>then run him back to the exact same spot he started from, taking the exact same route
>trigger a pod
Shit like that
>>
>>388929541
Oh yeah I feel you
>>
>>388925513
This. I want a new fucking campaign.
These kind of expansions would make sense if the game was more of a sandbox, but the story driven design kills my mood.
>>
Phoenix Point when?
>>
>>388929540
>Hitting alien bases
>Before getting plasma weapons
With the new faction system, you can stall the avatar project for a good couple of years using just the reduce progress resistance mission
>>
>>388929540
>hitting an alien base that has a chosen and an alien lord guarding it.
You are explicitly told that the place is guarded by a ruler. If you think it's a good idea to assault that, while on top of it the base is located in chosen territory, then you only have yourself to blame m8.
>>
I bought it and I'd be really pissed if I'd bought the vanilla version also. Luckily I got it cheap on a Steam sale.
People who got the original at full price basically bought half the game with huge performance issues and if they want the full game now they need to pay again for the fix.

Honestly, this should be illegal.
>>
Godbless creamapi
>>
>>388929689
The gameplay of PP looked like hot garbage.
>>
>>388928145
"little bit better" lol.
Skirmisher can solo missions on a good map without leaving the shadow mode. Templar with full 3 focus and upgraded blades + reaper can kill so much shit in one turn you would cry in vanilla. Skirmishers are ... meh, but still good.

If anything it made the game significantly easier. You can reduce the avatar timer, get intel, loot, PCSs, mods, promotions, everyfuckingthing from the ring covert ops.

Still worth the price if you like Firaxis like I do.. But its still Xcom 2. If I hear "almost Xcom 3 level of content" one more time, I will choke a marketing person.
>>
If 2K wants my money that badly, they should port The Darkness to PC.
>>
>>388929801
>>388929705
Oh i didn't know. i am nearly done my blind play, but covert missions are randomized right? because i did not see avatar reduction missions till mid game
>>
>>388929968
*Reaper. Fuck captcha servers and having to retype shit.
>>
>>388929985
Avatar reduction missions are near-guaranteed once you get all factions to moderate influence.
>>
>>388930109
that's probably my mistake right there. Spread my covert ops evenly.
>>
>>388930109
I'm still in the early game but can you delay the avatar forever? Can you stretch the game out super long?
I fucking love grinding.
>>
File: 1504119664996.jpg (82KB, 666x658px) Image search: [Google]
1504119664996.jpg
82KB, 666x658px
>>388923991
>paying for patches
>>
>>388930221
Yes. Just do the coverts ops to locate the chosen strongholds (you dont need to find the entrance) and you will get plenty of -2 to timer missions you can send your people on.

The ring is so OP it should probably be your first building.
>>
>>388923991
im waiting for the winter sale to give it the price it deserves
>>
How the hell did they vastly improve the load times for this expansion but the vanilla game still runs like shit?
>>
>>388930306
Good news. In XCOM(2012) I think I played for 10 in-game years before doing the final mission. Just repeating UFO crashes over and over again.
>>
>>388929968
Reaper is good for sneaking and objectives, sure, but a ranger will accomplish almost the same thing while having shotgun damage and 2 items instead of a glorified pistol and a claymore.

Don't get me wrong I used my reaper to great effect early-mid game because of her "remote detonation" skill or whatever it's called. 12 damage from environmental objects is nothing to laugh at but it's highly situational.
>>
>>388930417
because you're paying for a patch that's not rolled out to the vanilla game
>>
>>388923991
Because all my shit is broken and the only thing I have right now is a phone and a 12 year old laptop.
So either pander to my laptop, Jake, or gib me money to fix my machine.
Also I thought you'd turn SPARKs into terminators what the fuck man you just gave them weapon mods
>>
>>388930806
>you just gave them weapon mods
Which helps significantly to cover for the SPARKs biggest disadvantages.
>>
>>388923991
Are MEC soldiers back yet?
>>
I wish i could farm the lost for more xp.
>>
>>388930962
While ignoring the not biggest disadvantages?
>>
>>388930418
Thats a bit too much, I like to play until I have everything best on every soldier and every reasearch and such done. There was enough time to do that in vanilla 2 already.
I also like to play with one of each class in my squad and always adjust it through mods depending on how many class mods I'm playing with
>>
>>388931067
You can. I've had troops level up from killing the lost.

They do give XP, just significantly lower than the other enemies.
>>
>>388930306

This literally cannot be overstated. The ring is beyond op and should without a doubt be your first building. Then just have covert ops missions running nonstop. Dont ever not be doing some type of covert ops because theyre just so good
>>
>>388931108
Such as?

All I ever wanted for my sparks was better accuracy and bigger clip size.
>>
if i own the base game but never played it, should I buy this expansion before playing it? or is this something that I should get after playing the base?
>>
>>388931141
I forget to buy the xp buff so i could probably have gained a level for my lower ranked soldiers by now.
>>
File: 1461874434598.gif (2MB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1461874434598.gif
2MB, 500x377px
>playing on ironman
>one bad turn and i lost half of my squad and the other half has 2~3 hp left
>dont feel like playing anymore
>>
>>388931320
So don't play ironman if you can't deal with that?
>>
>>388930491
Ranger doesnt get like 5 chances to get back into concealment, has shit aim at long ranges and most importantly, to detect a Reaper, you have to be within 2 or something fucking ridiculous of him. Sure, ranger is better at fighting in general, but Reaper wins missions.

12 without a claymore kills entire pods early to mid game. With claymore mid to late game. And as I said, it depends on the map, sure, but there is more than enough shit to blow up.

Reaper + dont start the timer until you lose concealment order = easy missions no matter what. I sense big nerfs incoming.
>>
>>388931382
But savescumming makes me feel like a cheating casual
>>
>>388931320
>playing ironman
there's your problem
>>
>>388931215
All I ever wanted for my SPARKs was to find a way to not be cross-eyed with some corrective glasses and not have paper armor. At the very least they could've allowed them to use PCSs or something.
>>
>>388931232

I would honestly say play the base game on easy/normal first. Beat it, then play the expac.

Only reason i say this is because the expac adds a ton of shit. Like theres something always going on especially early game and it might feel super overwhelming and xcom2 already feels overwhelming especially when compared to xcom1
>>
>>388931435
don't save scum individual shots or turns, just save scum in the case of catastrophic failure.
>>
>>388928145
>None of them are particuarly difficult to deal with
Maybe it's the fact i play on beta strike but my near squadwhipe and actual squadwhipe against the purifier and spectre beg to differ
>>
>>388923991
>It fixed literally everything
Really? Did it bring back the TU system instead of the retarder 2 actions per turn?
Fuck off.
>>
Templars >Skirmishers >>>> Reapers

Templars are way too fun, especially when one can get Bladestorm. Their skills revolving around reversing position with your squadmates/ enemies is good.

Skirmishers have some crazy skills and mobility.

Reapers are only good as scouts or for starting ambushes, though Banish with the final upgrade it gets can nuke a pod from quite some distance away.
>>
>>388925513
>that pic
But kebab religion orders them not to hit women in the face. Hiting guts and stuff is an ok but not the face.
>>
>>388931716
i really need to use my templar and skirmisher more but reapers are too useful for my play style.
>>
>>388931584
Must be. Purifier is a wasted space in a non-modifier game and I am happy to see him in any pod. Literally 2 damage at worst if my medic isnt dead.

Spectre is a cunt, but unless he runs off somewhere really far, I havent had problems with him either.

Then again, I dont play on legendary anymore since I just dont have time, so that might also be a factor.
>>
>>388931384
But that's just it. Reaper's good for missions with difficult timers. That's their thing and why you bring one.

But if you assault a blacksite or have a retaliation mission, I would never bring one because her firepower is shit and her damaging abilities unreliable.
>>
>>388931384

Reapers are meh past early game though, even with claymore upgrade. Like the other anon said, they pretty much have a glorified pistol for a weapon and this is a big issue in late game as you face tanky ayys. I dont know why youd compare a reaper to a ranger btw, but i will say that the only thing ive been using my reaper for past mid game is just scouting. Also while they wont typically get caught, if they do, which does happen quite a bit to me, it activates so many pods its a huge risk.
>>
>>388931716
Your ranking reflects their combat prowess, sure. But I have 5 other dudes to kill shit on my team. But only one Reaper can walk into the objective, do it, walk back and not even sweat.

Is it just me who was disappointed that Templars get no into mission, well neither do Skirmishers, not really, and there are no "story" missions that go deeper into their motivations?

Dunno, seems like a waste to me.
>>
>>388931584
Fucking how?

The purifier needs probably two turns before it's close enough to deal damage and it's pathetic damage at that. In fact sometimes it seems to deal no damage at all (cover, maybe?)

The shadow does literally no damage on its first action. It will just dash to one of your guys and incap him and create a shadow clone. If you kill the shadow your soldier insta revives and still gets 2 actions like normal.
>>
I want it but it sounds like the Chosen ruin the game so I might just leave it until I'm less casual. No need to drop another 40 bucks for another dick up the ass.
I also just bought the PS4 version a few weeks ago since the PC version ran like shit and always crashed on the final mission when there were like 50 aliens on map
>>
>>388931815
You can solo a blacksite with a reaper. Walk to the X-4 point, make sure nothing is around, plant it, reenter shadow, evac. Could have done it several times, but hey, not killing shit means no points and no promotions. But its certainly an option if you get fucked on a previous mission.

>>388931937
I am comparing it to a ranger because a dude I was replying to compared them.

And scouting is he most important thing in this game if you dont want to trigger 5 pods and cry because you dashed one space too far. So yeah, you are right, not a powerhouse, but I prefer to take one with me to fight smart, not hard.
>>
>>388931794

Templar is weak as fuck unless you get bladestorm. Then you just sit in the middle of a pod with parry up and rack in the kills. No bladestorm though, might as well bring in a different class. I thought skirmisher was super weak but the pull ability alone getting you some easy kills is amazing. You can get easy an skulljack due to this as well. They get better late game since you have more firepower.
>>
>>388932220

Chosen ruin the game by giving you literally godtier weapons if thats what you mean.
>>
>>388932335
i have no idea if my templar will get lucky on skill rolls. How easy/hard is it to get a new one so it can get bladestorm?
>>
>>388932270
>you dont want to trigger 5 pods
But that's what you will likely do if you place an X4 charge or do a similar action. And those missions still require you to kill every enemy on the map so you will make it harder on yourself.
>>
>>388932495
>easy/hard is it to get a new one
Covert missions. So really easy, but RNG dependent.

Not sure if you can get them from scanning events with soldier reward.
>>
>>388932495

Need to have high faction rep with them and pray to rng gods that you can do a covert ops to get one. So its actually pretty difficult due to this. I dont know why they made it random instead of always being up after youre high on faction rep but thats how it is. Without bladestorm on a templar im not sure you want one on your team, might as well use a ranger at that point because the volt ability is garbage, sure you have parry i guess but with a ranger you can just shotgun from range and not be in a terrible position. Not to mention you dont need to gain focus to actually hit hard with a ranger.
>>
>>388932592
Fairly sure you dont have to kill anything to counter a dark event for example, you just need to do the main objective and exfil, even if there is a "kill all" objective on the mission. Killing all the shit is there just to recover bodies and other loot and is not mandatory if you dont have the manpower to do it properly.

And since there is no timer on blacksites, you can sit there for few rounds and have them move away. Hell you can even trigger them, it doesnt really matter, all you need is to move somewhere where you are not flanked and activate Shadow again.
>>
>>388924075
This
I been playing poe, darkest dungeon, sonic, sfv, gg and ffxiv. So many games have gotten good updates recently in short in time, planing a iron man run on wotc after I complete some games
>>
>>388925513
her first face expresion reminds me of B^U
>>
>>388928145
>It's a lost horde mission
>The chosen shows up

>It's a retaliation mission
>The chosen shows up

As it stands I'm developing a serious case of Zaeed massani coming out of the early game.

I did have a fucking amazing mission where I had full map oversight due to a sitrep, and managed to destroy the target without even going out of cover.
>>
>>388933004
To be fair only the assassin is really dangerous. The Warlock is a pain only in retaliation missions and the Hunter is a joke anywhere.
>>
>>388933004

>tfw no zaeed mod

Also it tells you if a chosen will show up in the mission anon. Theyre a joke anywaym
>>
>>388923991
do they fix the "trigger pods and they get a free move right up your flank" shit?
>>
>>388923991
>It fixed literally everything.

it did not fix the bullshit that makes you miss most of your shots
>>
>>388931232
I would hold off on getting WotC for awhile. The base game already has a lot you need to wrap your head around through a couple playthroughs; WoTC adds so much more shit you need to balance with things like the Avatard project that you'll easily get overwhelmed as a new player.

The base game has plenty enough to keep you preoccupied for awhile. Just play that for now, hell, play it and see if you even like the base game first.
>>
>>388933139
Not really, although they mostly just find cover, as they did before.

But there is a resistance order that makes them lose 1 action on the next turn if you trigger them during your turn.
>>
File: XCom2 2017-08-31 23-30-03-56.png (67KB, 376x200px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2017-08-31 23-30-03-56.png
67KB, 376x200px
Why?
>>
>>388933309
people playing ironman
>>
>>388931981
Yeah story wise I wish they would've done more with the new factions, I could beat WotC but I'm just delaying it so I can fuck around with it some more. I purposely let the Assassin attack the Avenger just because I wanted to see the new defense mission. Overall, I enjoy the story they added revolving the Chosen but I wish the new factions got some more.
>>
>be doing pretty well in campaign
>haven't lost many, most of my roster is lieutenant or above
>get new guerilla mission
>OLO SPECIAL MODIFIER: YOU CAN ONLY BRING SERGEANTS OR LOWER
>What the fuck.
>can't even deploy a squad of 6, only have 4
>whatever, I need those 150 supplies and I got plasma rifles so let's at least try
>ambush first pod, kill 2 out of 3 ayys, muton left standing
> A WILD CHOSEN APPEARS
>alt+f4
What an unexpected, bullshit modifier
>>
>>388933309
>Hey rookie, why dont you charge that Sectopod? Gonna be fine, we promise.

>>388933350
I thought about letting her attack me, but she is really annoying in missions and can actually kill your guys, so I just nailed her ASAP.

Another thing thats kinda meh is that the Chosen final battle is the same for every single one. Just different map layout. Kinda cheap desu.
>>
>>388933309
Does this work in conjunction with the "free resistance rookie" order you get?

Mite b gud
>>
The Assassin's movement range is basically the entire map, right?
That whole "can move after attacking and fly across the map to safety thing" aka Bending Reed is really, REALLY fucking annoying
Also they use Shadow, not Conceal, making telling where they are even more annoying
>near map-range line attack that dazes everyone hit
NIGGERS
>>
File: Poster_009.png (436KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_009.png
436KB, 720x1080px
>>388923991
>templar is just a better sword ranger
>reaper is just a better scout ranger
>skirmisher is kinda boring, his gimmick being to do multiple actions in one turn, which was the gimmick of the SPARK, too
>bondmate system causes retarded friendly fire when one of the pair dies
>chosen assassin just runs straight at you with her melee attack, like the lancer
>chosen warlock stands in the back of the map and makes explosive zombies, like the sectoid
>>
>>388933851
>>bondmate system causes retarded friendly fire when one of the pair dies

This is the most annoying shit in the game. Who fucking does that?
>My mate just died, better hose the other people I am with with bullets!
>>
>>388933782
It's not. She's got quite a bit mobility but it sometimes still takes her 3 turns to get to me if she spawned on the other side of the map.

She also beelines towards you so all you need is a battlescanner and some heavy duty explosives.
>>
>>388931768
It orders them not to drink either but they do it inside anyways cause allah cant see it thay way
>>
>>388934017
Battlescanner doesn't break her stealth, though?
I've thrown it where she is before and it's done nothing.
Then the camera follows the spot where I threw it on her turn.
>>
>>388933782
they get shadow mode? I thought they just had invisibility. god I hate the stealth system in xcom 2, it makes so little sense.
>>
>>388933004
>>388933116
Let the dead rest in peace, anons. Zaeed has killed enough aliens and humans to last several lifetimes.
>>
>>388934258
What she has is basically conceal. If you get close enough (like 4-5 tiles) you will decloak her just by being near her.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it would surprise me if battlescanner doesn't work.
>>
File: AAA publisher fap material.png (28KB, 625x205px) Image search: [Google]
AAA publisher fap material.png
28KB, 625x205px
>>388923991
Didn't fix their shitty price policy you fucking shill. Some people just want to own the goddamn complete game for a reasonable price.
>>
>>388923991
>buying games
lmao
>>
>>388933116
there is a voicepack on the workshop idk about a model though
>>
>torrent ETA: 25 d

jdimsa
>>
>>388933958

>doesnt know the definition of panic

Anon..
>>
>>388934716
well those 56 NIGGABYTES aint gonna download themselves
>>
>>388923991
>First Blacksite Mission
>Decide to kill two birds with one stone and Skulljack a captain
>Forgot it spawns a Codex
>Chosen Assassin spawns as awell
>FUCKING MUTON patrols into me too
>End up having to fight 2 Purifiers, 2 Vipers, like 10 fucking troopers and a few Stun Lancers along with 3 goddamn mechs.
>Reinforcements with a priest spawn in as soon as I grab the sunny d
>3 guys at 1 health, trying to get to extraction
>Pic related on the enemy turn.
Holy fuck
>>
>>388923991
>bought
>>
Do you have to start a new game if you wanna play it?
>>
>>388934795
You done goofed up
>>
>>388934732
if you were trying to sound smart you just accomplished the opposite
>>
>>388934732
If you think people that panic turn 90 degrees to the left, to a guy they have been serving with and pull the trigger on him, then you have the wrong word.

Do you think soldier never panic IRL? Ofc they do. And friendly fire is a thing. But not to the extent in XCOM, where it doesnt make any sense.
>>
>>388933851

>templar is just a better sword ranger

But thats wrong. Youre right on Reaper but honestly scout ranger was a gimmick. Skirmisher is a better Spark by a mile. Bondmate system is random on what happens, they can hunker, go on a rampage or yeah even do friendly fire its not always friendly fire.

Chosen assassin doesnt just run at you, she has a psi wave ability as well, warlock is stupid though but really annoying.
>>
>>388935038
I made it out with no causalities and a lot of promotions, but my guys are fucking injured for a long damn time.
>>
>>388935063
Did you know what most rookies deployed in combat intentionally shoot high so as to miss their enemies and avoid killing them?
>>
>>388934795
You dun goofed like 4 times in that story my friend.
>>
>>388935157
So, just like Xcom then?
>>
>>388929975
They have
>>
>>388935058
>>388935063

what are video games
>>
>>388935154
At least you can use that time to train up your other dudes
>>
>>388933657

>tfw have free resistance guy + double agent advent guy

Honestly those advent grunts do work, especially if you get a lancer.
>>
>>388934795
i didn't do the first blacksite until way later with magnetic weapons and 2nd tier armor. i was fighting stronger enemies in skirmishes than what showed up there.
>>
>>388935624
I got conventional weapons breakthrough early on which helped out a lot, but yeah the challenge was thrilling.
Just when I thought I was fucked my guys pulled out some really good shots and criticals.
>>
>>388923991
because I got the mario version instead because I would rather play with friends
>>
>>388933782

Her movement is basically the same as your own soldiers, maybe with +3 mobility pcs at most. the move after attacking is only annoying if you dont have a ranger/templar to keep up
>>
File: 20170831205913_1.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170831205913_1.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
I-Im having fun guys..!
>>
>>388935914
>Caring about lost
Protip
Pistoolllllsssss
>>
>>388935914
that actually was a fun mission when i did it because it was nothing but lost
>>
>>388935976
yup. now that Reapers are boss snipers. pistol snipers are for fallen maps
>>
>>388925513
Its enough imo. Its worth the price tag.
>>
>>388925513
there are more of those comics but where can i find them
>>
>4 man squad
>run into specter and 2 sneks
>chosen arrives
>chosen dazes one dude
>sneks wraps 2 others
>specter Shadowbounds last guy
>dazed guy take a shot to save wrapped guy.
>miss
>chosen takes dazed guy.
>rest of squad die in stasis attacks.

FUCK. But still neat.
>
>>
>>388936471
How are you running into specters and to a lesser extent vipers when you only have a 4 man squad?
>>
>>388936146
I dont like that Reapers are basically super snipers, Skirmishers feel like they are different enough from rangers but Reapers are just better snipers
>>
>>388923991
Too busy playing the superior X-Com mod X-Piratez.
>>
>>388936593
How are they super snipers when they only get like half the damage and are unable to equip items like bluescreen rounds?
>>
File: 1463998733729.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1463998733729.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>>388923991
>still runs like ass
>still didn't remove savescumming
>>
>>388933116
There is zaeed voicepack and maybe sometime in the future that dude who ports over me3 models will add him too

I'm waiting on EDI body the most since head and voice are already done
>>
>>388936757
>>still runs like ass
But it doesn't. It actually loads really quickly.

Perhaps you should upgrade your pentium 3.
>>
>>388936757

You could you know.. simply not save scum?
>>
>>388936928
>Perhaps you should upgrade your pentium 3.

Why? Not worth it. The PC is a dead system with no worthwhile exclusives. The few there are is not worth upgrading for.
>>
>>388935478

No, they haven't. You're thinking of The Darkness 2. The first game is only available on the 360 and PS3.
>>
File: 1503888324647.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1503888324647.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>388936593

>Reapers are just better snipers
>Doing half damage is better simply because of the stealth mechanic
>>
>>388937016
>You could you know.. simply not save scum?

I'm not a person that intentionally plays worse because the game was poorly designed.
>>
>>388936754
>>388937095
My bad, I literally just started and didnt know their damage falls behind or that they cant use specialized ammo.
>>
>>388937140
It wasn't obvious when their starting rifle had 3-4 range?
>>
>>388937140
They are great early, but they fall off midgame and are borderline worthless lategame (from a damage perspective anyway)
>>
>>388937140

They can use specialized ammo if you get lucky and can unlock the ability, but if rng is against you then no you cant use ammo. Their damage falls behind as soon as you get mag weapons, sure they have the claymore which is forever useful but youll end up only using reapers for scouting later because theyre fucking amazing for that and typically finishing off people so they dont get revealed 100%

But yeah early game Reapers are amazing.
>>
>>388933452
>SPECIAL MODIFIER: YOU CAN ONLY BRING SERGEANTS OR LOWER
now that's artificial difficulty is I ever heard of it
>>
What happens when chosen get's maxed knowledge? It's gameover? I have no idea whenever I should rush the stronghold before it happens.

I still have no fucking idea what spectres do since I kill them right away.
>>
>>388935505
things that are supposed to be entertainment, not frustration
>>
>>388936559
Forgot to build Guerrilla tactics school. Got too into exploring new content.
>>
>>388937936
One mans frustration is another man walk in the park.
>>
>>388937859
Well it's easy to counter if you keep a few sergeants around but if you don't know that modifier exists and so haven't prepared for it, that can be a campaign ender right there.
>>
>>388937936

If you are genuinely getting frustrated at xcom, you should turn off your computer, step away, go outside and rethink your life. Even stupid shit like friendly fire due to loss of a teammate isnt frustrating, its nothing but another thing you have to deal with and xcom is a game where you deal with contingencies and make the best of a bad situation.

Not even going to bring up how fucking stupid you are for getting in the situation where you lose a squadmember in the first place, but still, get some perspective.
>>
>>388937883
I heard you get an avenger defence mission different from the "standard" one.

I've been letting the knowledge bar build up on the assassin but the last bar barely moves so it will take like half a year.
>>
File: virginironman.png (356KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
virginironman.png
356KB, 2518x1024px
Just for you guys; 12 hours in MSPaint.
>>
File: 1454871172232.png (319KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454871172232.png
319KB, 640x360px
>>388923991
>40 eurodollars
>>
>>388925513
>stays quiet after a good slap
Fucking perfect
>>
>>388938438
It's an expansion. How old are you?
>>
>>388937883
Spectres charge one of your guys in melee and incapacitate them (instantly regardless of HP or dodge chance). This also creates a "shadow copy" of your soldier. This copy has the same abilities as your soldier so it could potentially be a disaster on the next turn (explosives, psi abilities).

If the specter dies, so does the copy. If the copy dies, your soldier wakes back up and has a full turn.

Specters are a joke really. Bottom of my priority list until they incap someone.
>>
>>388938563
Doesn't matter. I won't drop 40€ on it
>>
>>388938196
Deep.

>>388938328
chance of you not being born with autism: 99%
>thats' life, bby
>>
>>388938335
If it's not a gameover then that's neat, delaying avatar project turned out to be a non-issue so you can probably play indefinetly without using mods.

I heard they were supposed to nerf dlc alien rulers, still feels the same. Oh well gotta abuse those frost nades on grenadier and ranger melee attack with bladestorm.
>>
File: 3bait5me.jpg (61KB, 649x491px) Image search: [Google]
3bait5me.jpg
61KB, 649x491px
>>388937098
>>
File: bloodandwinecover.jpg (192KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bloodandwinecover.jpg
192KB, 1920x1200px
>>388923991
>40 dollars for a glorified patch

No thanks. Pic related was only 20 bucks and actually added a substantial amount of content.
>>
>>388938786
>If it's not a gameover then that's neat
It better not be. It takes over half a month to do all the covert ops missions to reveal their lair.

I wonder if the knowledge of the other 2 chosen builds up when you haven't discovered them yet.
>>
>>388938786

Are frost nades that good? Ive used them like once and they simply broke out of it by using 1 ability movement or whatever so I guess its good but Chosen seem to have 2 moves + 1 ability/attack per turn, or it seems that way rather so didnt feel like it did anything. I know it was my fault for not killing them in that one turn but was in a bad position because loltunnels map
>>
>>388938947

Ive yet to discover the third chosen, mainly because im taking my time even though its october but I dont think their knowledge builds up.
>>
File: 1501394256080.gif (1MB, 284x490px) Image search: [Google]
1501394256080.gif
1MB, 284x490px
>Pick up supplies from Lost city
>Go in, kill purifier/advent officer. purifier explosion alerts a lost swarm
>Assassin shows up, and then a viper/stun lancer pod activates
>Assassin beams in
>Viper and stun lancer fuck around with Lost on their turn
>Kill them, then the lost
>Assassin shows up a turn later right infront of my dudes before I fuck her into escaping

I thought this game was meant to be hard.
>>
>>388932075
Beta strike means the purifier has those two turns to reach you, and the spectre incapacitating your soldier is enough to fuck you over even without the clone, not to mention the increased health means you can't kill the spectre or the clone quickly
>>
>>388938406
I've often thought that if I could pick any superpower then I'd want to be able to savescum in real life.
Just think of how helpful it could be.
>>
>>388939124
>I thought this game was meant to be hard.
only if you play ironman legendary, anything else is tutorial mode for plebs
>>
>Bought Shen's Last Gift along with Alien Rulers to spice up the DLC even more
>Apparently the narrated mission where you get the SPARK bot isn't used and you get instantly access to the robot
well that fucking sucked
>>
>>388939308
You have to disable "integrated DLC" when starting a campaign if you want to play those two special missions (shen's gift & alien hunter)
>>
>>388939308
Is it just me or is the spark really expensive? It's difficult to get one early game
>>
But ayo hol up. You guys are telling me that this DLC instead of adding a new campaign just clumsily craps extra stuff onto the main campaign effectively retconning all my hard work before?
>>
>>388939308

>Lacking reading comprehension

you didnt check the box did you retard?
>>
>>388939373
quite retarded that the game doesn't explain that
>>
>>388939429
Spark is shit now that you have skirmisher anyway. It's basically the same but you don't have to invest any resources in the skirmisher.
>>
>>388939001
My first encounter with viper king on blacksite went like this:
>VIPER KANG wraps skirmisher
>grenadier moves forward
>ruler reaction - squeeze more alien hybrid lemons
>frost nade on them both = frozen for 3 turns
>ruler reaction eats 1 turn
>ranger with the axes whacks the king
>melee attack only causes 1 ruler reaction
>skip turn for rest of soldier
>kang thaws out and runs into cover
>ranger follows with a melee which ends up causing a stun
>bladestorm triggers afterwards on ruler reaction
>kang runs to the portal like a bitch
Frost nades are extremely good, like psi-op stasis but better.
>>
>>388939504
I've heard they're useful in beta strike since they can tank a lot of damage
>>
>>388939436
Yes, although I wouldn't say it "clumsily craps extra stuff" onto there. It's actually surprisingly well put together.
>>
Firaxis playtesters need to be fucking fired ASAP. The bugs are out of this fucking world.
>>
How do I build skirmisher, lads?
>>
>>388939556
I'd rather kill ayys than tank damage and get 15 days infirmary/repair time.
>>
>>388939663
The foundry
>>
>>388939691
I meant skills
>>
>>388927426
I agree compltely. I still love it though.
>>
>>388939730
I somehow missread that as spark lol
>>
>>388939662
What bugs you encountered? Only had one so far myself in a few dozen hours of gameplay.

An alien grenade blew up a roof and my troops stayed floating in the air. Couldn't move them anymore but could still shoot things in range.
>>
>>388939510

Oh my bad i thought we were talking about chosen not rulers. I do feel like its weak on rulers as well honestly but there really isnt anything better. Also ive had the fucking stupid viper asshole wrap my ranger on the first try, i pretty much got fucked and ended up restarting the mission
>>
>>388939690
You can't kill them quickly enough to avoid damage in beta strke though
>>
>>388939663

Seems pretty straight forward especially with the new level up system.
>>
>>388939841
You will overall still take less hits and get less infirmary time if you focus on killing shit as fast as possible.
>>
>>388939954
Yeah but having a tank to take the hits so you don't have to worry as much helps (I assume I haven't got a spark yet in my beta strike campaign)
>>
>>388940034
If you're playing beta strike you don't have to worry as much in the first place. Your troops will never get oneshot.
>>
>>388939806
Infrequent random crashes, consistent crashes on Covert Actions results screen, general pod fuckery that has been an issue since EU, UI glitching out on equipment select, a few freezes after turns (luckily solved by pressing End Turn), elevation and LoS fuckery (thankfully not as abysmal as vanilla XCOM2), camera following invisible Chosen making them easy as fuck to track (unless this is a feature?) and most annoying of all pods not even bothering to move when spotted meaning they're left exposed for me to kill.
>>
>>388923991
It didn't fix the game being a cakewalk after the first two months. They made early game harder tho
>>
>>388939839
I honestly hoped they would remove the ruler reaction on movement since it's rather bullshit. Templars and rangers are pretty much mandatory to deal with this shit.
>>
>>388940112
Yeah but they get shot more
>>
>>388929608
Just turn the story missions off, its sandbox then
>>
>>388940262

Yeah I agree. reaction on movement is utter garbage.
>>
Seems like a steep price to pay for fixes for things that shouldn't need to be fixed this long after release. And it still doesn't even fix the base game. Maybe during the Xmas sale, or next summer probably.
>>
>>388923991
i prefer openxcom and xcom apocalypse especially after the travesty that is enemy unknown
>>
>>388938947
Thet don't progress unless you discover them. I killed hunter and warlock then i found assassin and she had 0 progress on her shit. She had some extra skills tho
>>
>>388940596
k
>>
>>388940745
corporate shill
>>
>>388923991

Mostly because I have a huge backlog of games. Plus, I'm hoping that a sale will occur sometime between then and now.

Also hoping that custom body mods and armor mods get more developed by that time, too.
>>
File: 1434746814359.gif (3MB, 303x333px) Image search: [Google]
1434746814359.gif
3MB, 303x333px
>>388923991
>It fixed literally everything

No. No it did not because this new xcom was fucked since the outset because of the way it handles the most basic mechanics of the game.

1.Stealth is retarded because no matter where you are or what you're hiding behind or doing, the second one person is seen every alien knows exactly where every other character is. This is not being "alerted" this is gaining instant psychic knowledge of things they cannot possibly know.

2. When you find an enemy group they always ALWAYS get a free turn to run around and get into a good position. This means that not only do they have a massive numbers advantage but they have an unbeatable strategic advantage. No matter how careful you are, the enemy can just pull a free move out of its ass and flank you as soon as you trigger them. This effectively means you can never surprise an enemy and they always act as though they are surprising you.

3.The game is just plain glitchy and broken as hell even updated like it is. People still shoot through 4 walls to hit your units who are in high cover. Flanking shots from 10 feet away still have absurdly low hit chances. Missions are still annoying ass mix of timed bullshit and escort missions, the two most hated kinds of objectives in games.

It is all still a shitty, casualized and unpolished version of the original Xcom and adding some fucking super powered aliens and humans DOESN'T FUCKING FIX THESE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS YOU SHILLING PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
>>
>>388941123
Original Xcom is an overrated glitchy mess with no sense design decisions.
>>
>>388924138
>>388924138
lurk moar newfag

Legitimate expansion packs were always this price and provided good amout of content

Its only recently that the industry went to DLC, where you spend twice as much to get the same content. You would end up buying 4-6 dlcs to reach XCOM2:WotC levels, each probably being the industry standard of 12-20 buck each.

Somehow, the industry jews convinced cucks like you that taking it in this ass is a good thing. Firaxis is doing a good thing by bringing expansions back.
>>
>>388940596
EU/EW wasn't fun the way classic x-com was fun but I still enjoyed it, its basic gameplay loop was solid even if it was clearly made for people who thought x-com was scary and too hardcore. By contrast, any fun you have with XCOM 2 has to be clawed from its death grip. It's one of the most hostile sequels I have ever played, it's like they decided the best way to change things up from the previous game was replace every fun thing in it with a letter addressed to the player reading "how about no, faggot". Also it runs like shit while barely looking better than EU/EW.
>>
>>388937021
Are you serious? Then dont bitch about it running like shit, when you are playing on a celeron.

I have 2 years old sort of high end at the time and the only times I get any problems is on maps with like 80 killed lost.
>>
>Play on hardest difficulty
>Disable timers
>Suddenly the game's quality is increased tenfold
>>
>>388941237
>Overrated glitchy mess
And yet it was far more functional than this current game. AP allowed for a much more logical use of time and when I found a fucking alien it didn't use its time traveling bullshit powers to LOLNOPE its way behind me. I could move and shoot and move again if I had the AP and I wasn't forced to spend my every mission escorting some cunt or racing towards some piece of shit doodad that would explode or broadcast or start or stop after 6 turns.

X-com was micromanagy and slow and had big problems but the fundamental gameplay worked and worked well. Unlike this new incarnation that is broken at its very core.
>>
>>388940818
>b-b-but muh skill bogeyman!!

every time.
>>
>>388940818
k
>>
>>388941598
>AP system was perfect
>Let me turn 45 degrees
>Whoops cost me the AP I needed to shoot
>Oh look the enemy 20 degrees to my side can't be fired at because I lost LOS
>Okay maybe I'll kneel and...fuck outta AP
>Okay other guy go here and fuck no energy left stopped halfway
>I still have AP left maybe I can...nope 1 AP short of reloading
>Also ignoring the enemies get to cheat anyway if you take your time in the OG games
>>
Can someone tell me what the balance changes that WotC made to Alien hunters and Shen's DLC
I can't find anything about it

If you integrate the other 2 DLC then you get the balance changes but you can't do the mission
If you just activate the 2 DLC then you can do the missions but you don't get the balance changes.
Just what were these balance changes?
>>
>>388942443
SPARK has a little better accuracy and can use gun attachments, and I thin kanother point of armor maybe?

rulers won't react to reloading or movement outside their LoS, and they guard certain facilities
>>
>>388923991
>Fixed literally everything
>you can still see birds floating on the map
>you get hit, see the damage and said animation play 3 years later
>combat protocol animation is garbage
>if a bond companion is hit the other freak out and may die like a bitch

I can go on all day...
>>
>>388936757
No, it runs smooth now.
That's on you buddy not the devs.
>>
>>388923991
>bought
hello marketer
>>
File: 1483146852493.jpg (46KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483146852493.jpg
46KB, 462x500px
>>388923991
Worth it or Not?
>>
>>388938696
Honest question, what does it feel like being out of touch with prices in this day and age?
I know you're not buying it cause you're a poorfag just genuinely curious.
>>
>>388923991
I'm poor until late September. How is the torrent?
>>
>>388939504
Shit sparks are saving my legend campaign right now, they don't get tired which means i can use them whenever, they can eat a lot of damage and don't get panicked dazed or any shit like that, they're vastly improved now compared to vanilla btw.
>>
How do i deal with the new doomtimers?
>>
>>388940118
yeah you PC is busted bro, i've been playing nonstop max settings and i'm yet to have a single crash.
>>
>>388944274
Your game runs faster so if you've got long load times yes.
>>
>>388940262
git gud you garbage
you have a fuckton of tools to deal with them
>>
>>388940818
k
>>
File: latest[1].png (3MB, 1344x1522px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3MB, 1344x1522px
*Gets free turn*
>>
>>388941441
>Be shit brainlet
>Make game substantialy easier
>Suddenly the game quality is increased tenfold
>>
>>388939445
It says nothing about the mission being disabled, only that it's balanced after the new expansion. The way it's worded means that you either get the original experience or the balanced one.
>>
>>388945309
>muh repeater exploit
does exploits make you feel pro and hardcore? that's just sad.
>>
>>388945693
No not repeaters, but if that's the extent of your "strategy" i give up, you're braindead.
>>
File: 1504225807927.jpg (518KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504225807927.jpg
518KB, 1920x1080px
>>388945526
>Grenadier or Spark shreds your armor
Who's my bitch now cunt?
>Uses Haywire or Capacitor Discharge
What now?
>>
>>388945596
>insult other people's skill at strategy games
>just rehashes tactics and exploits he saw beagle use on youtube
lmao. if you were so good at strategy how come you're not a chess grandmaster yet? because you're just another plebeian that's why.
>>
>>388945953
epic
simply... epic
>>
>>388945821
what do you give up, retard? you haven't done anything but call people idiots so far
>>
File: 1435517913488.gif (899KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1435517913488.gif
899KB, 540x540px
>>388945206
thanks senpai, i bought it on a cheap steamkey site
>>
>>388946051
epic comeback
>>
The steam mods are banning anyone that says anything bad about the expansion, damage control to the max!
>>
>>388945596
>Implying
Rushing in and hoping odds don't fuck you over isn't strategy, it's not like Overwatch is worth a damn in this fucking game anyways.
>>
>>388941123
>When you find an enemy group they always ALWAYS get a free turn to run around and get into a good position

Scenario A) The enemies are already waiting in cover at random, mostly optimal choices against you to keep the game challenging.

Scenario B) The NPCs have a little cutscene before Scenario A happens.

There is no difference, but this still confuses retards into believing the enemies get free moves.
>>
File: proofs.gif (87KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.gif
87KB, 255x255px
>>388946305
>>
>>388946339
Uh... overwatch is just one piece in the whole game... try using the other "pieces" to your advantage while keeping the rules of the game in mind, it's not that hard, frustrating and punishing but not omg ultra hard to beat L/I.
>>
>>388941123
Your whole second point is fucking retarded. How about surprising the dumb cunts with the other five guys with full moves hiding behind your spotter?
>>
>>388946396
>There is no difference
except there is... because it allows the enemies to close in, making it easier to melee. and they tend to spread out around your units, too, making it harder to flank them.
>>
>>388946526
I do. Doesn't stop from making some missions unbeatable even though you've played as tactically as you can just because you waste an extra turn finishing a pod off due to bad luck.

It's not hard, it's not interesting, it's just fucking frustrating. The game already has plenty of reasons to be more aggresive. I can't fucking believe they've still haven't added focused Overwatch like that one mod, where you have to select a narrow cone for your soldiers to shoot at if an enemy wanders in, it was literally perfect.
>>
File: homr3.png (577KB, 570x567px) Image search: [Google]
homr3.png
577KB, 570x567px
>kill a horde of lost
>gatekeeper shows up
>uses gateway
>15 psi zombies at once
>>
>>388946604
we're talking about xcom 2 here baby, you can't use the creeping tactic in most missions
>>
>>388946932
You absolutely can in 90% of cases though.
>>
So the cheapest offer I can find is 35 merkel bucks. Someone point me to a better key site which is not piratebay.
>>
>>388947015
and lose the mission due to not getting to the objective in time? awesome tactic
>>
>>388947187
Not only are most mission timers feasable while creeping (unless you're doing a hack x without a Specialist like the mong that you are), you can also be aggresive while creeping. Do you even play the fucking game?
>>
File: pissed.png (84KB, 423x431px) Image search: [Google]
pissed.png
84KB, 423x431px
>>388923991
>this game sucks, what the fuck have you done? everything's broken!
>oh, sorry about that loyal fans who've bought and supported our games for years, how about we fix that for you
>oh cool, than-
>for $40
>>
>>388947396
So is this the new ebin troll where we pretend they didn't add a metric fuckton of new content on top of fixing the broken shit?
k
>>
>>388947369
>mission timers feasable while creeping
now this is just poor trolling
>>
>>388924075
This
>>
TORRENT WHERE
>>
>>388947676
It's the jewish paradox model where all the content balances and non-gamebreaking bug fixes are bundled in dlc so the goyim have to purchase them
>>
>>388947913
Oh now you HAVE to purchase it?
Alright ok.. cool.
>>
>>388947728
>Dash guy into decent cover
>Spot a pod
>Move the rest of the team to supress/get a cheeky kill or two then finish them off on the next turn while advancing
Or you can just take six mimic beacons and steamroll the game. Truly a tactical genius.
>>
Becuse xcom 2 is garbage
The devs couldn't program difficulty, so the nerfed overwatch by filling the game with bullshit, hidden RNG and timers when they could of just made overwatch less effective.
>randomly placed mini bosses that are ridiculously op
>most normal aliens have a bullshit attack
>lancers
>stealth is pointless becuse timers
>20% shots hit more often turn 50% shots
>the background RNG , timers and some of the aliens set a meta that sucks all the fun and stratgey out if you don't want to lose inside of 5 months
>>
File: 1504099484301.jpg (50KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
1504099484301.jpg
50KB, 900x562px
>>388948553
>"alright everyone here's our bridge it's cool and new and it's gonna be just epic you know so go ahead and buy it"
>on release the bridge has major gaps and nobody can cross it without risking falling into the river
>"don't worry guys we got this BRIDGE REPAIR dlc here it's OPTIONAL so it's okay you don't HAVE to buy it just cross the bridge without it if you're poor lol"
>>
>>388947802
skidrow
>>
>>388948734
I never really overwatch crawled, I dont really care if it was bullshit, it was a player strategy (for lack of a better word)
Building half the game around being sure you can't overwatch crawl was a stupid, but it's a fine game. Customization is fun
>>
>>388948745
tldr
>>
>>388923991
i'm a broke as nigga(white)?
>>
>>388948745
>architectural analogy
>>
File: 20170901132309_1.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170901132309_1.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
Just got it and Shen's last gift.
Now tell me, why don't you have any troops as good as Cave "Rhino" Johnson?
>>
>>388934981
Yes similar how to you chose Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within in the launcher with last XCOM
>>
>>388949930
Why not 'Lemon' ?
>>
File: ee3.gif (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
ee3.gif
2MB, 1360x768px
>>388950147
That was his default nickname, I've yet to change it.
>>
>>388947676
Broken shit should've been fixed in a patch, they can charge whatever for new content
>>
>>388949930
no fluorescent armor color/10
why even bother
>>
>>388950357
They fixed all the new shit in patches anon.
>>
>>388950357
But they already did before this expansion came out, also they're not charging you for fixes are they? That "my le charge 40 dlrs for fixing brokin gaem"s just le ebin trole at this point
>>
File: 1502149773381.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1502149773381.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>388950436
I'm trying to make them look like they'd actually want to stay stealthy.
Though I have plans for a squad of characters that all look like they do in the franchises they're from. But that's a while off. I just restarted.
>>
>>388950451
Well you got me there then. I was told the expansion fixed the loading times and thought that was packaged in with it equivalent to what EA does with the Sims. I've been waiting for it to be on sale and have had it on SSD so I probably didn't notice the speed difference
>>
>tfw run and gun sniper
not bad
>>
>>388938202
If you're early game, this shouldn't be a problem.

If you're midgame, its very doable, but difficult, but that's pretty much the whole point. You'll feel the strategic efgects of a skip so you need to weight your options or just, ya know, take a different guerrilla op.

If you're lategame, you should be steamrolling anyway, so load the team with rooks/specs, or just skip it. One tactical failure really doesn't matter at that point.

Stop being a whiney cunt and learn to adapt.
>>
>>388941259
So $40 can't be too much because you decide it?
>>
File: oxp12ahx_998474[1].jpg (120KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
oxp12ahx_998474[1].jpg
120KB, 1024x576px
>>388923991
Because this game did it infinitely better.
>>
>>388923991
Thinking of getting it on bundlestars for 34 euros
But i feel like it still too much money for its content

Should i anyway?
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.