[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Design the setup and mechanics for an Ace Attorney / Danganronpa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: aavsdr.jpg (80KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
aavsdr.jpg
80KB, 1024x728px
ITT: Design the setup and mechanics for an Ace Attorney / Danganronpa crossover. If it can work with Layton, it can work here, right?
>>
>>388917078
Can I get a tl;dr on Ganganronpa? All I know about it is that there its anime as fuck
>>
>>388917154
Essentially, a bunch of High School kids each with a particular talent that sets them above the rest are put into a locked down school. Their goal is to kill another student to get out, but in order to do that they must also get away with it in a trial. The trials are presented in a similar form to ace attorney, but have a lot more minigames thrown in and are somehow even more crazy with murders than Ace Attorney.
>>
>>388917154
>talented high schoolers are trapped in their school
>to leave they have to kill another student and get away with it
>after a murder a class trial is held where they try to find out the culprit
>investigations to gain evidence for the trial
>trial begins
>if culprit is found then they get executed and everybody else gets to live. Otherwise culprit is free but everybody else is executed
And the ending always sucks, welcome to Danganronpa
>>
>>388917078
Easy

Just don't use anything DR related
>>
>>388917662
Also to add:
A perfect example of what happens when a dev doesn't expect a game to be successful and crippled himself then actually tried to continue a story he killed in the first game.

V3 was a step in the right direction(setting the game in another universe beyond the Hope's Peak arc) but still fucked up the ending so much the series is considered officially dead.
>>
I throw it out the window and ask Takumi to make a Ghost Trick/Ace Attorney crossover instead
>>
File: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2.jpg (143KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2.jpg
143KB, 510x680px
What if instead we took Sherlock Holmes, right.
Then made Watson a literal who and reveal that Sherlock Holmes' real partner was a Jap.
>>
>>388918297
>wanting to continue a game that had a perfect ending
Nah m8, I wouldn't mind cameos though
>>
>>388918778
Well yeah, if that ever happens I hope Sissel and Lynne and Missile just show up out of nowhere. It really was wrapped up perfectly.
>>
Would genuinely rather have PLvsPW 2 over that. Actually make it a VS game like it was originally planned to be plus bring in daughterfus Flora and Trucy too.
>>
>>388918324

it would better explain sherlock's opium addiction.
>>
>>388917078
If someone's in despair its usually the Butz.
>>
>>388917078
It's already happening. They added Larry Butz to DR already
>>
really though, would this work? Assuming the danganronpa side uses an older cast of characters.
>>
>>388918324
Dai Gyakuten Saiban
>>
File: dangan ronpa play.jpg (88KB, 839x431px) Image search: [Google]
dangan ronpa play.jpg
88KB, 839x431px
>>388917078
with a small pool of exceptions victims in ace attorney generally aren't allowed to have any personality otherwise their deaths would be too gruesome, so in this crossover there would likely be another witch trial twist where every execution is actually fake.
>>
>>388918246
Wait hold on, is V3'sending that fucked up ? no spoiler please
>>
>>388922330
It retroactively fucks up all the other games and gets pretty meta.

It pretty well executed though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.