[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone still defending this, out of curiosity? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_2678.png (312KB, 300x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2678.png
312KB, 300x489px
Is there anyone still defending this, out of curiosity?
>inb4 thread devolves into roster bitching for the 500th time
>>
>>388905035
>No Hector
Wtf is this shit
>>
People defend Warriors/Musou gameplay?
>>
Did they seriously not add Ike or Roy? Haha good game
>>
>>388905035

Yes this game is the reason I bought a Switch.
Musou and Fire Emblem are some of my top favorite game series.

That retarded webm of Camilla's super being set off too early by a shit player doesn't mean the game is shit it just means /v/ does what it usually does and tries to find any little thing they can to make a game they dont want to be successful look worse than it is.

And I don't care if the "roster is shit" bc I liked both Awakening and Fates as well as the older FE games so I know I'm getting another Warriors game I know I would like regardless on top of with characters from other series that fit well in a Warriors type playstyle.
>>
>>388905414

>Did they seriously not add characters I only give two shits about because Smashfags convinced me they were good characters?

If this is what you think are good, notable Fire Emblem characters, kill yourself.
>>
>LITERALLY only Fateswakening characters and Marth

The guy in charge of this is a fucking idiot who should have listened to the other devs
>>
There was always going to be some hurt feelings over this game, but the devs really have gone out of their way to say every stupid thing they could possibly think of in interviews and in PR.

I mean, christ, you watch demo footage and hear "We're selecting 3 games so we don't have a swordfest", and then you see a demo where everyone is a sword user. It's not enough that people are already upset, they have to justify everything in the stupidest possible ways.
>>
>>388905035
Yes, there are actually people who think this shit looks decent. Tough most of the defense force are usually newfags in denial that there's more reason to this game being shit besides "muh Ike"
>>
Even if it had a good roster it looks pretty boring as far as Musous go. Might do the same like I did with Hyrule Warriors and pick it up for cheap down the line and once all the DLC is out.
>>
>>388905969
Apparently KT mentioned they were going to save extra characters from other games for the sequel. So there's 100% no reason to get this one.
>>
>>388905556
I mean it makes sense for the sake of selling the game. Most potential buyers only know Fire Emblem from Smash Bros or the 3DS titles. Few people outside a small group in Japan and a few western weebs ever played the SNES or GBA Fire Emblem games. How would pushing forgotten characters help Nintendo sell the game?
>>
I'm looking forward to it. I won't defend it, though. Rosterfags are not the kind of people you can reason with.
>>
>>388905275
Hyrule Warriors was fun.
>>
>FE x SMT
>Becomes KOWASHITAI
>FE x Musou
>Is just Awakening/Fates Musou

Are Fire Emblem crossovers just cursed or something?
>>
Friendly reminder that we're forced to eat this shit so a sequel with more classic characters is made according to the director.
>>
File: 1504231724841.png (700KB, 672x824px) Image search: [Google]
1504231724841.png
700KB, 672x824px
Why do we always complain about the roster instead of talking about how terrible the gameplay looks?
>>
>>388907207
KOWASHITAI is a pretty good game.

This one also looks pretty good in terms of respect to things like permadeath, weapon triangles, controlling many units and positioning them on different parts of the maps, some class-unique travelling (Pegasus Knights can travel up certain areas to take shortcuts through the map) etc.
>>
>>388905035
It's Dynasty Warriors with a different coat of paint. There's nothing to defend or argue about. Dynasty Warriors had like 15 games that were all exactly the same before you could even read and write to bitch about every CoD being the same.
>>
>>388907207
Eleonora's game was fine though. Textbook example of a pretty fun JRPG.
>>
>>388907635
Because it doesn't look terrible. Just mediocre and outdated. Like it literally looks like a mid-era PS3 musou rather than a current gen musou. They were apparently working on it even before Famitsu ran the "what musou crossover do you want" poll. Which for reference was two years ago, before even Hyrule Warriors Legends. It makes me wonder just how fucked the production for this game was and how many times it had to get put on hiatus for other projects. I'd guess it was probably originally supposed to come out on the Wii U before Nintendo killed it. Then there's other things like the original OCs needing to be redesigned because of Heroes.

The game just seems like it was a mess of internal turmoil. Hopefully an eventual sequel will be less of a clusterfuck and give a better game for it.
>>
>>388907635
I tried once, but it just devolved back to roster shitting.
>>
>>388907635
OK
>ugly graphics
>uninspired movesets
>terrible design decisions (let's make the two OCs use swords because we don't know how to make a tutorial that changes to suit that one could use an axe and the other a lance!)
>bad voice acting, no option to use Japanese voices
>that one treehouse bitch who was handling the gameplay exhibition at E3 and didn't shut the fuck up about waifus
>>
>>388907635
Because its a musou, theres literally nothing to discuss about
>>
File: 1503782601292.png (18KB, 105x116px) Image search: [Google]
1503782601292.png
18KB, 105x116px
>>388908278
>no option to use Japanese voices
I thought dual audio was confirmed.
>>
>>388908278
You mean didn't shut the fuck up about husbandos.
>>
>>388905275
Fun things are fun, nigger.
>>
>>388908480
Right, right. Dunno how I mistyped that.

>>388908453
A trailer at Gamescom said that the game would be in English only, so unless it's only the PAL region release I'm pretty sure it's English only in America too.
>>
File: 1495578215659.jpg (373KB, 1500x954px) Image search: [Google]
1495578215659.jpg
373KB, 1500x954px
Tharja when?
>>
File: FireEmblemWarriors-1[1].jpg (111KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
FireEmblemWarriors-1[1].jpg
111KB, 1000x563px
>>388908679
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1503992969915.jpg (40KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1503992969915.jpg
40KB, 320x240px
>>388908957
Stop laughing.
>>
What needs to be defended?
>>
>>388905556
Ike and Roy are the only other fire emblem characters people know because of smash, it would make sense to use them to advertise the game instead of OCs that casuals don't even know aren't actuall from Fire Emblem
>>
>>388906502
What a retarded thing to admit
>>
>>388905035
No, I gave up. I didnt even buy the switch that I planned to get for this and a few other games, but it doesnt even seem worth it anymore
>>
>>388909157
He is twisting their words. All they said is they'd like to make a sequel with characters from other games provided this one sells enough to warrant it.
>>
>>388906531
>>388909128

No. The fanbase of this game are people who bought. ACTUAL. FIRE. EMBLEM. GAMES. fucking retards.

You know, those games that exist that dont include Marth Roy or Ike and are selling way more copies and developing much larger fanbases than Marth Roy and Ike's games ever did and ever will?

But yes, because of Smash Bros, thats what the Fire Emblem Warriors crossover game needs, the characters that aren't relevant anymore to Fire Emblem games or its fanbase, but the ones that were in old Smash Bros games.

If the cover didn't tell you anything, the game is very clearly directed to current standing Fire Emblem fans. Its not really arguable. All the autists "no lyn no buy no hector no buy no ike no buy" you sperglords can just play your generic anime swordsmen in Smashbros and stop acting like your opinions hold any weight to literally anyone who has played one single actual Fire Emblem title.
>>
>>388909407

TL;DR: we arent in the days when Melee was new. Fire Emblem is now a top selling franchise for Nintendo. It has its own fans.

Warriors is a crossover game, for Fire Emblem Fans.
Smash Bros fans are not Fire Emblem fans.
And catering a Fire Emblem crossover game to people that don't even play Fire Emblem is beyond retarded.

Ike and ESPECIALLY Roy are not relevant to anyone except Smash Bros fans. They do not belong in this game at all.
>>
File: 20140619_saad.jpg (31KB, 428x376px) Image search: [Google]
20140619_saad.jpg
31KB, 428x376px
>Looks
From a visual perspective, it's not good. Most of the models and animations we've seen look like complete ass, like Camilla's static hair when she goes to flip it. Everything just looks off and like it was outsourced. I don't know exactly how powerful the switch is, but it has to do better than that. Maybe Nintendo isn't keeping them on as tight as a leash or something. Maybe it's co-designed with the 3DS this time. I don't know and I don't claim to know, but it sucks.

>no adventure mode
That's bullshit and I will not be buying for this reason alone. That's like where 90% of the content in HW was and why I have so many hours in it. The promise of challenge in maps with ever increasing difficulty. There's nothing to do in musou once story mode is done but adventure mode because the requirements and tasks keep having enough variations to keep playing. You beat story mode so you can get all the weapons you can from there before you move onto the meat of the game in adventure mode. Replaying story mode in HW for the skulltula were a pain in the ass, I can't imagine how bad it would be here when it's the only thing you can do.

>roster
I'm perfectly fine with only 3 games, because if they were to go only popular characters it'd be nothing but blue haired sword lords bar Hector and Ephiram. It gives the excuse to flesh out the games they're putting in, rather than just the main character or two from ~11 games. Yet as I type this the only characters for Fates are royals, taking no advantage of the narrowed down selection to make a shuriken or dagger user like Jakob or Kagero.

Why did it have to be like this?
>>
>>388905667

My thoughts exactly.
>>
I just want to mash buttons, so I'll buy this just like I've bought every other musou game. It's something brainless to do.
>>
>>388909407
>>388909756
nice no true scotsman faggot have a facebook meme
>>
>>388909362
>If everything goes well and people enjoy the game, it would be great to make a sequel where we could offer many of the other characters that people have been hoping will show up in the game.
I see. Sounds like their logic was pander to the most popular crowd first to get enough demand for a sequel where they could then make it the game they originally wanted with older more obscure characters. Doesn't seem the reception went as planned, though.
>>
>>388905035
I am. I was very cool on Hyrule Warriors until I got my hands on it, but I've got both versions and put at least 100 hours into it total. Fire Emblem looks like more of the same, but with some more tactical elements (command mode taking into account enemy weapon types, and weapon advantages seem pretty severe) so I'm sold despite the mediocre roster.

The roster will improve over time, just like HW's. The one possible deal breaker is that I haven't heard of an adventure mode replacement yet.
>>
File: 1496288337106.jpg (261KB, 959x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1496288337106.jpg
261KB, 959x1271px
>>388907207
Monkey's Paw is real when it comes to FE
>>
>>388907324
Reminder the director doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
it's probably butchered due to also being on the 3DS, by the looks of the gameplay even on the Switch version there are never more than 10 or so enemies on the screen.

3DS ruined Smash and now it'll ruin this game.
>>
>>388908679
I don't even think it's funny to laugh at Tharjafags at this point
>Game based around the cast of 3 entries
>90% of each game's cast still has no chance in hell of being in
It's depressing. Imagine liking Henry or Vaike or Gregor, and thinking "maybe they have a chance of being in this game!" I mean shit, Fates's cast is already confirmed to just be royals and probably Azura. Maybe they'll go for interesting picks for DLC, assuming they don't go full retard and start adding characters outside of the 3 games they picked (because who the fuck's gonna buy a full price game just to buy DLC that lets them play as red haired Marth?)
>>
>>388905035
>inb4 thread devolves into roster bitching for the 500th time
Why the fuck else would you play a Warriors game, for the gameplay? Because that looks even worse than the roster.
>>
>enjoyed Awakening and Fates Conquest
>only appealing characters on the roster are Axe Lissa and Takumi
>>
>>388908242
Even the ps3 musous had better movesets than Warriors. I don't why all the attacks are just hyper attacks from SW4. SW4 had hyper and normal attack strings. Warriors' attack strings just look horrible.
>>
>>388909407
What about people who bought every Fire Emblem game that came out in the West, and also played the Japanese only games? I mean, FE3 still remains the highest selling FE game in Japan, unless you count the three Fates games as one, and despite that, FE3 will get less representation than Fates and Awakening.
>>
File: 1486843879983.png (11KB, 481x95px) Image search: [Google]
1486843879983.png
11KB, 481x95px
I'd like to hold onto hope that we could get anybody cool from Shadow Dragon, but we're just gonna get the most boring shit like Tiki, Caeda, Gordin, and fucking Draug because they just have to pick the most absolute boring characters they could possibly think of from the small selection of games they limited themselves to.
>>
all i wanted was a game where i can 1v1 people with fire emblem characters

and charlotte
>>
>>388907767
>>388907909

The game wasn't that great, pretty average as far as games in the genre go. There was basically little to no meat on the bone to chew on. Everything in it was pretty superficial; sidequests, dungeons, battles and upgrades really didn't have much to them and and even less consequence.
>>
>>388914901
>Fates/Awakening all limited to early characters
>if they stick to that for SD there's no chance of the Whitewings (inc. Minerva) or Camus, and even Ogma/Navarre/Barst might be out of the question
I'd love if they announced fucking, Camus, Hardin and Lorenz as part of the "we're important in Mystery!" gang.
>>
>>388905035
>hey guys lets bitch and moan in horrible negativity and probably hopefully consolewar shitpost too
>inb4 people actually start talking about the game.
>>
>>388905035
why im going to buy and enjoy it nothing to defend
>>
>>388905436
your are fucking cancer
>>
>Really like musou games
>Enjoy fire emblem

And yet I can't get hyped.

It look like shit
The animations are laughables
The special attacks anims looks both bland of weak
No special feature other than the weapon triangle, no innovations at all.
Crappy roster
It's from a strategy game and there's not even a hint of strategy involved.

I'm sad because I really wanted it to be good.
>>
>>388905275
>People defend Warriors/Musou gameplay?
simplistic yes. but still fun nonetheless.

so its cool if you dont like it but nothing really wrong with simplistic fun ya fag.
>>
File: 2016-anime-expo-01.png (37KB, 2419x508px) Image search: [Google]
2016-anime-expo-01.png
37KB, 2419x508px
>>388907207
Kowashitai had the unfortunate timing to release it near pic related, which is a weeaboo mecca, and a good majority of the catered audience were prioritizing their finances and time on that con.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.