[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this game get so much shit here? I can't find many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: sonic-cd.png (883KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-cd.png
883KB, 567x800px
Why does this game get so much shit here?
I can't find many faults with it other than some shoddy level design here and there
>>
Because it's really fucking hard and complicated. I consider it the best one.

The level design is great. The people who designed the levels are fucking assholes, but the level design is logical and on point.

Also JP soundtrack best soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjb2asrjv-o
>>
File: sanic.png (1MB, 996x1290px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
1MB, 996x1290px
I like it.
>>
It's the best Sonic game.
>>
File: 1324629454417.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1324629454417.gif
2MB, 300x264px
>>388900278
>The level design is great.
It's a clusterfuck and you know it. In fact, the CD levels in mania are the weakest.
>>
Considering that "level design" is pretty much half of a 2D Sonic game and it pretty much defines how fun said game really is, a "shoddy" design certainly isn't an easy to ignore issue.
Also, Sonic fans are autistic kids and CD is battleground of one of their favorite debates, "gotta hold left fast vs gotta platform slow".
>>
>>388900278
People say the level design is confusing. But something tells me they're thinking of Wacky Workbench, which is the worst zone out of all the Sonic games.
>>
>>388900820
Why does Lego Sonic have human feet?
>>
>>388900667
I prefer the US soundtrack but WORK THAT SUCKER TO DEATH is a tune I prefer over to the US's equivalent.

Speaking of the US soundtrack, just going to drop this kino right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRcR0v6I_w8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5L8B7SPR3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYTedTVAdeY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl61PYDyhA
>>
>>388900278
The bosses are easy as fuck and the level design just plain sucks, the only thing the game really has going for it is the soundtracks.
>>
>>388900970
People say it's confusing because you can't hold right to win beyond the first 2 or 3 zones. You actually need to navigate your way through them, and even backtrack if you're trying to get a good future and the good ending.
>>
>>388900278
because they play it wrong then say the level designs sucks, i know i was one of them
>>
>>388900278
Got this game on Steam, I actually really like it. Probably my favorite Sonic game next to Mania. Only thing that sucks is the bosses.
>>
>>388901223
I agree with you. But Wacky Workbench is the zone that really makes doing that stuff a pain and I think might be the level that gets people hating on this game. But that's my guess anyway.
>>
>>388901446
What about Collision Chaos Zone
>>
>>388900278
It's a meme, I guarantee you most people complaining haven't actually played it. There are people who actually think the level design is convoluted
>>
File: 1503977222969.png (399KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503977222969.png
399KB, 854x480px
>>388900278
The fundamental approach to the level design is very different from other Sonic games. How much you like the game comes from your ability to recognize the distinction (as opposed to just thinking it's shit) and then leveraging your enjoyment with the other games.

I like CD quite a bit, and the Taxman remake did breathe a lot more life into it. I would still say 3&K and Mania are easily better and that 2 edges it out. It's better than 1.
>>
File: 1495172230071.png (97KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495172230071.png
97KB, 250x250px
The momentum to get to the Past is bullshit at times. Some levels give you a nice spot with 2 springs on each side, but it gets really obnoxious when they don't.
Finding all the Metal Sonics is fucking annoy. I made a good future already. Whats the point?
Wacky Workbench is a shitty stage. Though I remember the momentum spots not being a huge issue.

Overall, I have more fun playing it vanilla like I do with most of the games.
>>
>>388900970
Wacky Work Bench is a high IQ zone only plebs hate it. Also best Sonic song right here: https://youtu.be/o_TdXuR1aNM

>>388901105
Sonic has always been weak in the boss department.
>>
>>388901105
And that awesome animated intro.
>>
>>388902876
And the time travel gimmick is fun regardless of the level design
>>
File: sonic wait.gif (13KB, 45x60px) Image search: [Google]
sonic wait.gif
13KB, 45x60px
Only retarded faggot plebs think the level design is bad.
>Wacky Workbench
So people don't see that it's a level where there is a floor that sends you up and each of the mechanics in the level (like having floating pods and higher places) are designed around this. If the level has a main idea and every part of the level was made to complement this idea how can people say "lol level design is random/bad" when that was supposed to be the point of the whole "level design" school of thought?
It seems that now when you dislike or have trouble on a level the way to go is to blame it on "game/level design" as if that made your opinion more objective.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.