[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best build engine game? And possibly the finest single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Blood_logo.jpg (18KB, 291x350px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_logo.jpg
18KB, 291x350px
Is this the best build engine game? And possibly the finest single player FPS of all time?
>>
Oh come on. I just want to discuss a classic
>>
source code when
>>
go to sleep grandpa. you're scaring the kids again
>>
DOOM is better
>>
is this worth $5?
>>
>>388896451
Never, but BloodGDX is doing fine.
>>
>>388896013
I always thought that this was a duke nukem 3d clone.

just like redneck rampage and a few other fpses.

There was so many games in the late 90s and I never managed to play them all because I was a poorfag. I still have to play Outlaws, redneck rampage, Take no Prisioners and many other games ;_;
>>
>>388897079
>inb4 not a REAL source port
>>
>>388897058
>is this worth $5?
Do you like build engine shooters? Duke, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage, etc? Then you'll probably like Blood then. It's basically the horror film equivalent to DOOK's action movie or Shadow Warrior's kung fu flick.
I'm not big on Duke or other build engine shooters (more of a Doom person myself) but Blood is toptier imo. Damn fast and has some great weapons, enemies, levels, and humor.
>>
File: 4d6cefbeb0227116_1674.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
4d6cefbeb0227116_1674.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>388896451
thanks for reminding me
>>
>>388897013
After playing Blood Doom just feels like completely inferior. Worse artstyle, worse sound design, worse weapons, worse combat, worse level design, more difficult, etc... Blood is the pinnacle of the build engine era and it shows. Being able to crouch and jump adds so much.
>>
>>388897167
Not a real source port but it is the next best thing.
>>
>>388896013
Blood had such perfect sound design for the sounds of the guns to the screams of the enemies, everything just sounded great. I feel like it doesn't get praised enough for it.
>>
>>388896013
Just re-installed this, i missed it, its my favorite classic fps
>>
>>388897979
It was released too close to Shadow Warrior. People saw "muh cheesy ninja one liners" and ate that shit up. Despite it being inferior in literally everyway to Blood. Still a great game but Blood is a genuine masterpiece.
>>
>>388896013
I'm putting together a windows 98/dos pc just to play this and dark forces properly. so PUMPED
>>
>>388898375
This.
The mechanics and weapons of Blood are god tier.
>>
>>388897387
yes. im too much of a faggot to bring myself to spend $5 on something id know id enjoy
>>
>>388896013
It's up there with Half life 1 and Halo 2
>>
>>388896451
>>388897079
>>388896451
>>388897079
>>388897167
BloodGDX is pretty much a perfect port, anyone who complains about it is fucking retarded.

Down to the physics and everything.

>>388896013
Yeah it's one of my all time favorite games. I think it's honestly miles better than any other build engine game, Duke is definitely second best though.
>>
>>388896013
Yes
Yes
>>
>>388898816
>Halo 2
Good taste. Delta Halo is probably my favorite level in any FPS of all time. Halo 2 Co-op is possibly the funnest thing I've ever experienced.
>>
>>388898929
>BloodGDX is pretty much a perfect port, anyone who complains about it is fucking retarded.
>
>Down to the physics and everything.

Yes, and it's probably the best we'll ever get too.
Luckily the guy behind it is dedicated to improving it as much as possible.

I've been playing a shitload of BloodGDX the past couple weeks and loving every minute.
>>
>>388896013
I mean it's way the fuck up there. Glad to see it's getting a bit of resurgence in popularity; Blood was nowhere to be seen on /v/ as recently as three years ago.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.