[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to play games where basic mechanics are determined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault7.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault7.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any reason to play games where basic mechanics are determined by RNG? Seems pointless unless you just really enjoy frustrataion and/or save scumming.
>>
Git gud you cuckold
>>
RNG doesn't necessarily mean there's no skill involved, it just means you need a different set of skills - careful planning, risk assessment, etc.
>>
>>388880710
>t. person who hasnt beat it/used the wiki or other peoples info to beat it
>>
Figuring out how to deal with a shit hand can be fun sometimes.
>>
They're more satisfying at high-level play because even advanced players will have to compensate for unexpected bad luck.
>>
I'm someone who always has shit luck with RNG so no, it's not worth it.
>>
>>388880656
I prefer mission-based RNG games like Darkest Dungeon and XCOM to other RNG games like Grand Strategy

Both have a common strategy of just suffering through the early game in order to build up to the point where the RNG no longer matters, but at least with DD and XCOM you don't just lose a 30 hour game with one bad roll like in EUIV.
>>
>>388880756
It means it's a fucking excel sheet game and I can play that shit at work all day and actually make money from it.

Who the fuck would pay to do excel sheets for fun?
>>
>>388880932
>but at least with DD and XCOM you don't just lose a 30 hour game with one bad roll like in EUIV

EU4's like the easiet grand strategy game, when does this ever happen?
>>
I'm growing more and more tired of RNG mechanics like in X-COM (% to hit) and DD (random stress events). It usually just fucks you without a chance to save yourself and ends up not being fun at all. I do think that the two example games I noted have wrapped up their RNG in such a entertaining package that some of the frustration is alleviated, though.
>>
Can you imagine if when you swung your greatsword at a Tigrex in Monster Hunter you only had an 80% chance of landing the hit?
>>
>>388881054
>Who the fuck would pay to do excel sheets for fun?

I would if they still put games deep within the code of the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZfuwsvIFQ
>>
>>388880710
>git gud
>by rolling the dice every time you make an attack roll

ok pal
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.