[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the greatest MMO ever conceived. It will never be r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
This is the greatest MMO ever conceived.

It will never be released, or will otherwise fail after release.

http://fraghero.com/a-videogame-which-allows-your-character-to-grow-old-and-die/
>>
How will BRs destroy this one?
>>
I give it a week until there's a Nazi empire
>>
>>388879778
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head, OP. It will be released, but it'll fall quite short of what they originally intended.

To be fair, the people who bought into the game are mostly delusional. I see a lot of similarities between Elyria and Star Citizen. The forums are a fucking joke, they've got backers on the official forums posting about coding AI for horses so they can react to smell or coding geneology so your descendents can develop diseases and other utterly useless garbage that could not and should not be in a video game.

I'd be pretty happy if we just got a decent medieval sandbox where I could build simple things like houses, grow vegetables in a field somewhere and occasionally go out on hunts in the forest.
>>
>>388881149
>I'd be pretty happy if we just got a decent medieval sandbox where I could build simple things like houses, grow vegetables in a field somewhere and occasionally go out on hunts in the forest.

You fool, this game is supposed to be the most extremely complex and skill based MMO ever made!!!1111
>>
File: piggy.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
piggy.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>388881981
>your character will last 6 months at a bare minimum
>12 months if you play well
>$15 a month to play World of RNGcraft for one month
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (672KB, 498x342px) Image search: [Google]
tenor[1].gif
672KB, 498x342px
>>388882182
>$15 a month to play for one month
>>
>>388882396
>he didn't play Ultima Online

kids these days baka
>>
>>388881981
>>388882182
>>388882382
>>388882396
To simplify it for you, you have a soul and a body. The soul lasts forever, but your body does not. When the body dies, you have to pay to put your soul into another body. If you're good at the game you should only have to pay the subscription fee once or twice a year.

Apparently the soul will gain experience separate from your body so that when you transfer it after death your new body will naturally be better at things you did before (ie, if you were a blacksmith in your last life you'll be better at picking up a hammer and banging it on an anvil in your new life than the average person)
>>
>>388881149
Are there any sandbox MMOs like that? Not counting UO or RS, of course
>>
>>388879778
Lmfao at the wall of impossible to fulfill promises in that article.
>>
>>388883683
Not really, my man. Sandbox games have gone the way of the dodo. There are a few in development right now but it's all the same shit. They're underfunded, ran by incompetent but opportunistic conmen and they all aim their sights way too high.

Anything a sandbox game can do can be done better in another genre. Open world RPGs, survival sims, city builders.
>>
>>388879987
Get with the times; Chinks are the new plague.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.