[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever met up with friends you made online in real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: friendsplayinggames.jpg (52KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
friendsplayinggames.jpg
52KB, 852x480px
Have any of you ever met up with friends you made online in real life before?

I've done it once recently and had a great time hitting up a LAN Center with them playing CSGO until nearly 2 in the morning.

The closest I can remember having a vidya event like that was having a LAN partyin a friend's garage playing WoW and CS 1.6.
>>
When I was 15 or something I remember adding friends I met on Xbox Live on Facebook.
>>
My last girlfriend about a decade ago
>>
I met a 14 year old girl and her dad called the police on me.
>>
>>388872610
Omfg lol
>>
>>388872610
Sorry to hear, anon.

>>388872554
Also sorry to hear, was she at least a decent human being in the real world as opposed to online?

>>388872503
Sounds nice, I imagine you're still friends then?
>>
>>388872974
>was she at least a decent human being in the real world as opposed to online?
Even better
>>
File: 647a731.jpg (99KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
647a731.jpg
99KB, 1200x630px
Yes, one of my best friends I met in WoW. Also made many lasting friends through him.
>>
>>388872974
Yeah I like her alot. I didn't know she was 14 at the time she just happened to live near where I work and play Soul Calibur so I was like yeah let's hang out.
>>
>>388873046
Well good on you for finding that connection.

>>388873048
Congrats to you as well.

Another thing I should mention, did you guys go by your online handles in the real world or just call eachother by name?

I went back and forth personally, depending on whatever felt right at the point in time.
>>
>>388873173
Well isn't that a kicker, and being into the best 3D fighter in the market no less!
>>
>>388873289
Well my friend had his RL nickname as his character name so that was easy.

Everyone else just called eachother whatever, either their name or in-game nickname.

My in-game name became my nickname now, with everyone he introduced me to it spread like a disease.
>>
>>388874052
Sounds like a good ol' time.

Kinda like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlpsdPqufnM

Just a bunch of buddies having a great time even with the ventrilo harassment going on.
>>
Ive met lots of people online and hung out with them. Its pretty great meeting people with common interests.
>>
File: 1497052498445.gif (2MB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1497052498445.gif
2MB, 670x503px
Nope, but my dad has. My father use to be part of a delta force clan that was mostly irl friends and a couple other dudes that joined them over time.

One of those guys lived far upstate in the mountains, a couple of hours drive, and one of the things all the guys in the clan loved and did together was hunting and fishing. He was inviting my father and me and my sister up to come and hang out with his kids and explore.

We went up for a couple of days and it was a ton of fun, an incredibly kind and respectful family who had a nice home tucked out of the way with nobody close and a nice little pond a quarter of a mile from the home. ( frozen at the time because we went up during the winter)

After we went back home, the guy really wanted to join my father going fishing down at the shore, and they ended up setting a weekend up so the guys from the clan could all get together and have fun.

Unfortunately, when he was not even 20 minutes away, he ended up hitting a tractor trailer that suddenly slammed his breaks, killing him instantly.

It was a damn shame, if only he never met them he would still be alive today, enjoying life in his home tucked away where nobody could bother them. I felt really bad for his kids and wife, they really really enjoyed the company we gave them when we visited, and then they were left without a father.

I was really looking forward to going back up when the weather was warmer so we could do some swimming, but that day never came.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.