[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ hates valve for not making games anymore >But yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1442650525200.jpg (218KB, 796x966px) Image search: [Google]
1442650525200.jpg
218KB, 796x966px
>/v/ hates valve for not making games anymore
>But yet Valve is making the fantastic PURE GAMEPLAY game Dota 2
>>
>>388860396
because /v/ is stuck in 3k mate.
>>
>>388860396
DOTA 2 is 4 fucking years old, faggot
>>
>>388860396
>press a button and something awesome happens
>fantastic
>>
File: korgothmad.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
korgothmad.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>388860396
MOBAs aren't games.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>388861820
Videogames are cool, right?
>>
>>388861903
I concur, but honestly, the people that are truly against the genre need to come together and pinpoint exactly what we do not like about it. Most of the time, you're talking to a reasonable person whose just been suckered in by a plethora of cheap incentives.
>>
File: 1360793250940.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1360793250940.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>388863002
>the people that are truly against the genre need to come together and pinpoint exactly what we do not like about it.

They don't because they can't.
>>
>>388863002
Honestly I don't find it that fun, and seeing it praised to hell and back and shitting on anyone that isn't sucking the genre's dick just makes me indignant. Usually passes after whatever thread in question though, and I just go back to not thinking about them.
>>
File: 1501150520260.png (181KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1501150520260.png
181KB, 303x311px
>>388860396
>PURE GAMEPLAY

It's really funny you say that about a game where 99% of the challenge is figuring out what all the fucking heroes and items do. Dota being a competitive game is a meme.
Also anyone who defends 6.82 or 7.00 is either an addict or a complete newfag who hasn't memorized everything yet.

Sincerely, an ex-dotafag.
>>
>>388863002
Okay, well let me start. Most of these are about Dota specifically, but some parts also apply to League in a general sense.

>The game has an execution floor of "potato" and most heroes don't go that far above that, with a couple of exceptions like Invoker or Meepo. Even then you'll be easily beaten by many heroes that can leisurely hit some combination of their buttons and kill you with zero effort even at equivalent net worth and level.
>Strategy is pretty shallow once you understand a few of the weirder mechanics. Once you realize what BKB works against and what it doesn't, you now know exactly when to build it and when not to. General macro decisions to be made are easily categorized into "farming", "gank hero", "force fight", and "split push". The only question from there becomes where this happens: lane, jungle, or Rosh. Warding in general changes this from a gamble into an easy decision and serves as a money sink for the least farm-dependent player on the team otherwise. Comeback gold and shrines make macro even more predictable, heavily discouraging PvP action outside of guaranteed-victory scenarios. PvE is absolutely trivial outside of Roshan and Ancients, and even then is largely about stutter-stepping properly and having enough actual damage/HP to do it.
>Hard counters are extremely hard. The game has way too many 9-1 and legit 10-0 matchups for its own good and uses draft as a crutch to compensate for that. This includes heroes that are otherwise strong all-around, e.g. Storm Spirit before he got gutted was still almost unwinnable and actually detrimental to his team against Anti-Mage. The worst effect of this is that you get unwinnable
>Unnecessary RNG elements out the ass. PRNG only reverts it to the "problem" that having RNG is supposed to solve in the first place, priming effects. Other mobas do this without RNG at all with no issue (good example: Samuro's crit in Heroes of the Storm).

I can elaborate more if you want. Just ask.
>>
>>388866942
>the worst effect of this is that you can get games that are lost at draft but still last 45+ minutes in spite of this

Typo, whoops. Same principle applies to a lot of the game really, it tends to not end long after the checkmate scenario happens, even worse in that what exactly to do to close out the game isn't always evident to all players even if it's actually trivial, so now you gotta herd cats or auto-lose despite winning for the last 30 minutes straight.
Also on items, most item builds are actually fairly rigid and more often than not just comes down to realizing what has best synergy with your hero, lets you stay alive, or speed up your gold/XP gain from PvE. It's not immediately obvious at first of course but it's pretty much the same every game outside of switchups for specific hero matchups, i.e. getting more hard lockdown for a Weaver or Slark or something.
Not to mention the fact that the game itself is balanced around the fact that you actually do have to completely disable players for 5+ seconds to kill them at times is really fucking dumb because there's very little playing around it for either side, it just depends on who has what items/abilities.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.