[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do PC gamers have higher standards in what they play compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: Uncharted2.jpg (469KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted2.jpg
469KB, 1280x720px
Do PC gamers have higher standards in what they play compared to consolefags?

Give me an example.
>>
>>388859940
demon's souls
>>
File: Talos mountains 01.jpg (571KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Talos mountains 01.jpg
571KB, 1920x1200px
Yes.
sub-30fps at sub-900p and no graphical options is NOT ideal now, and wasn't in 2007 either.
>>
File: IMG_5970.png (42KB, 606x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5970.png
42KB, 606x539px
Yeah, that's why mustards never pay for early access.
>>
>>388859940
60 fps is what I need.
>>
>>388859940
demon's sould
>>
>>388859940
I want to say yes but then I see people raving about one early access game after another and I start to doubt myself.

also people seem to love not having stuff like server browsers or even dedicated servers
>>
>>388859940
If your picture is anything to go by, then pretty much any game with gameplay.
>>
>>388859940
"higher standards" just translates into graphics fidelity faggotry, those kind of faggots that refuse to play a game for the way it looks.

PC is all about range of games, which is the largest if you include emulators each console generation just gets swept into PC increases it's library dramatically. Where as each console generation is just that generation. Consoles will never actually compete though, because a PC's existence is validated more than video games and some people in /v/ bang their fist in a shit fit to deny this.
>>
>>388860663
>Consoles will never actually compete though, because a PC's existence is validated more than video games and some people in /v/ bang their fist in a shit fit to deny this.

You lost the plot. We're talking about what PCfriends play compared to the console audience.
>>
yes, that's why I don't play anything and just shitpost all the time.
>>
>>388860663
>PC is all about range of games, which is the largest if you include emulators
You don't even need to include emulators and PC wins by default. Emulators and fan-made content, like total-conversion mods, just skyrocket the already towering behemoth of the PC game library even higher.

All this with yet another great benefit:
Vastly cheaper games. Where as major console blockbuster titles can still cost over 60 bucks two years after the release, the same game may have costed mere 50 at LAUNCH on PC, on the official channels. Which may be mere 20 bucks on CD-key sites, and later on -80% during Steam's and GOGs sales.
>>
Console fags don't notice frame rates. They also have no idea what aliasing/AO and draw distance are. The difference is jarring when you go back to playing console.
>>
Nobody plays CoD on PC or annual yearly releases arent that big compare to normieboxes
>>
>>388860663
>"higher standards" just translates into graphics fidelity faggotry, those kind of faggots that refuse to play a game for the way it looks.
not really, if you look at the top steam games most of them aren't really impressive to look at
>>
>>388860826
>We're talking about what PCfriends play compared to the console audience.
Not him, but I play a wide range of stuff.
From my old favorite console classics (Silent Hill, Zelda: OoT...), to some more or less major PC titles (Talos Principle, Rising Storm...). What ever I really feel up for, really.

>>388861097
>Nobody plays CoD on PC
Actually, people still play THE Call Of Duty, on PC.
>>
>Muh PC!
>Muh console!

Muh fuck right the hell off.
>>
>>388861186
>1000 people play vs 1million on ps4

thats like ant
>>
File: 1391469340338.gif (3MB, 304x332px) Image search: [Google]
1391469340338.gif
3MB, 304x332px
>>388859940
>this is the best looking console game of 2017
amazing, tell me more
>>
F.E.A.R. or Crysis, /v/?
>>
>>388861284
>Match Making VS custom dedicated servers
guess which one I'd rather take, any day or time?
Not to mention CoD's been absolutely shit after UO.
>>
>>388861449
FEAR
>>
>>388861312

That is uncharted 2 you dumb bitch.
>>
>>388861449
Crysis
>>
>>388861564
look again, newfag
>>
>>388861312
What a fucking retard holy shit I hope youre joking
>>
File: c.jpg (18KB, 246x243px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
18KB, 246x243px
you tell me
>>
>>388859940
Here, they pretend they do.
In reality, no. Every platform has some kind of cancer being accepted or disregarded, PC players are no exception
>>
>>388861634
Are you a fucking retard? It's Uncharted 2.
>>
File: yes_very_interesting.jpg (191KB, 520x474px) Image search: [Google]
yes_very_interesting.jpg
191KB, 520x474px
>>388859940
>Higher standards

No

Have a much higher entitlement-issue/privileged?

Yes
>>
>>388861012
>Console games stay at the same price for years
But that's completely and utterly incorrect anon
Nier Automata: $50 on Amazon (PS4), $60 on Steam
GTA V: $40 on Amazon (PS4), $60 on Steam
Ghost Recon Wildlands: $40 on Amazon (PS4), $60 on Steam
Watch Dogs 2: $33 on Amazon (PS4), $60 on Steam
Rise of the Tomb Raider: $36 on Amazon (you know which platform by now), $60 on Steam
Resident Evil 7: $40 vs $60
Friday the 13th: $40 vs $40
Prey: $30 vs $60
Black Ops 3: $50 vs $60
Pillars of Eternity Complete: $50 vs $100
>But those games suck
They're the most popular games on the Amazon PS4 storefront, that have a release on Steam and PS4 and have been released
>But muh steam sales and 3rd party CD keys
muh 2nd hand market, muh amazon sales and muh clearance bins
>>
>>388859940
Not in what they play, but they do have higher standards in how they are able to play games. In other words, there is a higher demand for customization and options.
>>
>>388862462
This is undeniably true. Even I accept it as a predominantly consolefag.
>>
>>388859940

Yes. Factors like

Not paying to play online in games where there are a lack of dedicated servers and it's P2P. If your game is running on P2P connections you really don't need a fee to cover costs of servers and even then server running costs are actually quite minimal.
Higher quality graphics and framerate
More compatible devices(arcade stick, racing wheel, flight stick, controller etc.) that are compliant across many different operating systems.
Backwards compatible library(for the most part) going back many decades ensuring a plethora of access to older games.
Higher customization with mods allowing new options in games
Ability to use unofficial patches/fixes to enable games to work that are no longer in support and also custom servers for games who have had their online support terminated.

I mean I can list more but these are just all the things that most consoles can't do or support.
>>
>>388862348
As a consolefag, a lot of those seem cherrypicked. I buy console games off Amazon, where I can even get them new for less than $20 after a little while, but Steam sales REALLY make them dirt cheap. Like, less than fucking $5. Steam wins when there are sales going on.
>>
>>388862348
>tfw still waiting for nioh and horizon zero dawn to go on sale

I was surprised to see bloodborne for $20, usually I don't buy games that aren't on sale but I made an exception for that.
>>
>>388863150
>Cherry picked
I literally looked through the first 5 pages of Amazon's PS4 section and filtered out exclusives (no comparison) and unreleased games. As an idiort I appreciate Steam sales, but most of the games I actually want to buy are 25% to 50% reduced which is comparable to eBay pricing
Also if you're a prime member you get 20% off all pre-orders / just released games so they're $48 a piece
>>
>>388863150
I haven't really played on consoles much these last 2 gens, but it seems to me like Sony is having quite a few sales and flash deals every now and then. How would you say those compare to Steam's?
>>
File: elsa_jean_9.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
elsa_jean_9.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>388861449
FEAR
>>
>>388862348
>But that's completely and utterly incorrect anon
it's not.
just earlier this year, I got RE7, day 1, for 28$, while the Steam release was above 50 and console versions 70 fucking dollars. And still are.

Same thing with MGS5 back in 2015. 35$ for the CD key, while others are paying 60-70 bucks for their copies.

The beauty of PC gaming is that you are NOT stuck with just one vendor.
>>
>>388863531
who is that? she looks cute
>>
Consoles still use discs in the year of our lord anno domini 2016+4-3
>>
>>388863452
But Horizon and Nioh have both seen price cuts my friend, the former has had a 1/3rd permanent(not just a weekly sale) reduction and the latter has admittedly only gone down by $8. You can get a copy through a 2nd party for $39 right now though

>>388863672
>And still are
Did you read my post m8? It's $40 right now new from Amazon, $31.50 from a second party. You might have to wait a few months but the point was that console game prices DO drop and those price drops are consistent and not tied to weekly sales.
>But 3rd party CD key sellers are still cheaper
Fair enough, but I was comparing Amazon to Steam. If you want to start throwing in 3rd parties then you may as well start looking at Craigslist, eBay, stock clearance etc
>>
>>388863529
idortfag here

PS4 sales can be pretty good but you won't getting new releases cheap, meanwhile on PC you can get new vidya cheaper even if you're only buying it from legit keysellers
>>
>>388859940

I would say the majority do not, but the vocal minority do. I have the money to pay for a top notch PC and I enjoy playing games at 1440/60+ fps but most PC players play on toasters, which means they're essentially playing at console levels or lower. That being said, I also own a ps4 and enjoy playing that with friends since most of them don't play anything on PC.
>>
>>388863835

She fucks blacks
>>
>>388861767
>>388861767
>>388861767

THIS
>>
>>388864389
what the fuck...
>>
File: hisoka.png (457KB, 509x576px) Image search: [Google]
hisoka.png
457KB, 509x576px
>>388859940
>Do PC gamers have higher standards in what they play compared to consolefags?

Some of the most popular games on PC is Dota 2 and PUBG.

So no.
>>
>>388864202
>You might have to wait a few months
And not at all on PC.
And PC games drop their prices too, at much faster rate. Same game on a console may literally cost 50 bucks at your typical store, years later, while it can be hovering around 20 (or less) on Steam or GOG at that point.
>>
>>388864567
>The prices don't drop
>Actually they do, here's some [PROOF]
>But you have to wait for the price to drop
Well... yeah? That doesn't really dispute what I'm saying, which is that console games drop in price over time

>PC games drop their prices too
Could you post some examples of recent or popular games that have dropped their price through Steam? I don't doubt you but the Steam Store like a lot of digital stores seems sluggish in adjusting RRP downward.

>Your typical store
Like the most popular store (aka) Amazon?
>>
>>388865073
>Could you post some examples of recent or popular games that have dropped their price through Steam?
Wanna list some games you'd be interested in?
As far as I know, all the constantly talked big hits of the past few years (TW3, DOOM, GTAV, RE7...) are already below 50% price from their originals. And in many cases, their PC versions also now contain all the DLC, for free / much cheaper than on consoles, where you may have to shell 35 bucks for some shoddy season pass.

>Like the most popular store (aka) Amazon?
No. Physical, local stores. You know, where most normies step into, pick up a game they are interested in, and walk to the cashier to pay & leave?
>>
>>388865634
Not to be a cock, but all the games you listed are cheaper on Amazon than on Steam. RE7 and GTA V haven't dropped in price at all, whereas the drop for both Doom and TW3 is equal to the drop for Amazon/Console. Can't really think of any big releases that I'd be interested in that are on both Steam and PS4 to be truthful. Titanfall 2, Forza Horizon 3 and Overwatch would be on both PC and console but not Steam and PS4.
>Physical, local stores
Again that's fair enough, as Gamestop and Best Buy are hardly renowned for sensible pricing. I would argue that a lot of normies do use Amazon though

Also not to be a shitter but I have to go as the gym is closing at 5 and I haven't gone yet today. Feel free to shoot me a Steam message if you want to talk about this some more later
>>
>>388866394
>as Gamestop and Best Buy are hardly renowned for sensible pricing. I would argue that a lot of normies do use Amazon though
Not outside of the Burgerland, where we also have a lot more concrete shops and stores. Not to mention even consoletards seem to buy more and more of their games digitally; I have a friend with PS4, and he literally has no game discs in his house.
>>
>>388863458
they changes it to only preorders now
>>
Not really, the majority of every player base plays shit.
>>
they have higher standards because they spend ridiculous amounts of money on them, obviously
>>
File: 1474312781803.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1474312781803.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>388859940
First person shooters.
>>
I am patiently awaiting the end times for consoles, which is hopefully what we're seeing on the horizon today.
I don't take issue with people preferring them, or thinking that 30 frames isn't a big deal, but it's shit when the PC market has to suffer at the hand the console market, getting games with graphics one decade removed from what they could potentially render (yet being so horrendously optimized that they still run at barely acceptable framerates), and game design that panders to neanderthals and people that don't even like games.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.