[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else fucking hate these special stages? I'm on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: sonicmaniaspecial.jpg (109KB, 618x350px) Image search: [Google]
sonicmaniaspecial.jpg
109KB, 618x350px
Anyone else fucking hate these special stages?
I'm on the 5th one and it's so annoying, it controls like you're on ice.
>>
The 5th one is notoriously the hardest.

But, no, I like these. I actually want more.
>>
I wish they had an unlockable mode with new UFO stages
>>
>>388858259
>>388858150
>loving trash
>>
>>388858992
>being trash
>>
>>388858090
Once you're good enough to beat them all, they become easy as fuck on re-plays.

Remember that your goal is to catch the UFO, not to get as many rings as possible, and you should be fine.
>>
Jump on corners to change directions
>>
>>388858090
How can I cheese these? On the CD remake I used to always alt+f4 just before the time ran out so I can load up again right at the stage
>>
git
>>
They're the best Special Stages in Sonic.
>>
>>388858090
Special stages always controlled
Ike shit
>>
File: 1499498970044.gif (4MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499498970044.gif
4MB, 360x270px
>>388859968
Excuse me sir but that would be the Special Stages from Sonic Heroes.
>>
File: Joost.jpg (23KB, 367x523px) Image search: [Google]
Joost.jpg
23KB, 367x523px
>>388860132
Holy shit I don't remember those stages looking so bad.
>>
>>388859541
try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z1Hjtklq60
>>
This'll help you out, OP. I cheesed the fifth one with this method and I was laughing my ass off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z1Hjtklq60
>>
Would unironically buy DLC for more of these stages.
>>
>>388858150
I want more of them too. I would definitely play a whole game in that style
>>
I loved those stages, I wish they were harder and/or more plentiful
>>
The point is to make it a challenge. They could have made the physics applicable. But where would the challenge in that be?
>>
>>388860327
What do you mean? They look gorgeous.
>>
>>388860449
That's hilarious. Gotta go Slow to go fast.
>>
>>388858992
>>388858090
To be fair, they're the less shitty special stages so far.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnDMWh_veLk
>Update: For the PC release of Sonic Mania, the emerald now speeds up when you get close to it in Mach 1 state (I suspect that this will also be the case in the patch console versions will receive soon). It is still possible to grab the emerald (generally when cutting a corner), but not as easy to do so in some cases.
>>
>Learn the green hill locations for special rings
>get or fail stages
>finish green hill
>exit to menu
>try again
Almost pointless to learn the other locations beyond finding them for the 50 ring bonus after you get Super Sonic.
>>
>>388858150
The 6th is much harder, 5th is a cakewalk.
>>
Nah, I wish they would take some cues from these stages for the mainline 3-D Sonics.
>>
>>388861219
5 and 6 are actually the only 2 that gave me problems.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.