[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get the gunplay, weapon customization and level design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

>finally get the gunplay, weapon customization and level design perfected
>completely shit the bed with the writing, dialogue system, and by adding base-building and a voiced protag
Literally why? And why does Bethesda refuse to return to the west coast? Will the next Fallout combine the good parts of 4 with the solid RPG elements of 3 and NV? Is it finally time for a nu-Fallout game to take place within the NCR as it collapses? I have so many questions, Todd.
>>
the next fallout game will finally get something right while fucking up everything else
>>
>>388856152
>>completely shit the bed with the writing
I'll never understand this complaint. Bethesda games have literally never had good writing. You play them because they;re mod platforms.
>>
>>388856152
>completely shat the bed

FTFY because of what >>388856547 said
>>
>>388856547
At least 3 had funny and interesting side quests. 4 is legit just "go kill this guy/these things" and occasionally you get double crossed. Silver Shroud was one of the only enjoyable side quests, and you just walked around tiny-ass Goodneighbour for an hour listening to the radio.
>>
>>388856152
Why can't they just come up with something new already. I'm sick of Elder Scrolls and Fallout ass holes. Make some new fucking IP ass holes. We're swimming in the same shit for years damn it.
>>
>>388856780
Google "Starfield". I'm waiting for the perfect 3D Fallout game, like it says in the OP - the gunplay, creation and customization system and level design of 4, but with the actual RPG elements, open ended quests and ambiguity of 3 and New Vegas. Hopefully Todd has heard all the bitching about the aforementioned issues and Fallout 5 is fucking dank. Too bad we'll be waiting like 10 years to find out.

Also, the game.
>>
>>388856152
More like they turned it from mediocre to above average
>>
>>388857528
Calling what we had before mediocre is an insult to mediocrity.
>>
File: 1494720736341.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1494720736341.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>388856152
>Perfected
>>
>>388857234
>ambiguity of 3

What ambiguity? 3 had as much depth and substance as an after school special.
>>
>>388857234
You're the fucking problem bethesdrone, fucking idiot ass hole. Already you're making excuses for why the game sucks and "the next one will be better" WELL THATS WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT FALLOUT 4 WHEN 3 CAME OUT we want new IP so you fucking idiot ass hole can play in your mommas belly with Todd's modded dick and give us something GOOD damn it
>>
>>388856152
>the solid RPG elements of 3
Heh, good one.
>>
>>388856152

the poor quality of Bethesda's fallout games has nothing to do with their setting. i';m sure if Obsidian set a game on the east coast it'd be just as well crafted as NV

personally, I feel like if Bethesda just hired some talented writers and expanded their programming team most of their games' flaws would dissipate. I don't mind the skill system/gameplay changes to FO4 like most people, that shit doesn't really matter to me, all I want is better dialogue/no voiced protag + better graphics. I think the framework to FO4 was really quite good.
>>
>>388856152
>shit the bed by adding base-building
No, it's not. Base building perfectly fit fallout universe, kido.
>>
>>388856152
>why does Bethesda refuse to return to the west coast?
Even if the game is the best game that will be created in 10,000 years people will still criticize them because they're not Obsidian.
>>
>>388856547
Beth games generally have mediocre writing. FO4 doesn't make sense even on its own. Also
>gunplay
>weapon customisation
>level design
>perfected
What the fuck? Gunplay is an average FPS, weapon customisation sorely lacks unique upgrades and mostly relies on straight vertical upgrades and the level design is fucking rubbish. How could anyone find the world believable when a town has a handful of houses in it and is only a day's walk from the major city? Why would anyone have cars if the entire area has everything within walking distance from each other? Why are all the roads single lanes? The world is built like a theme park featuring a minituarised version of Boston.
>>
>>388858061
They'd have to create a game worthy of the title "best game" and they have not.
>>
>>388858083
Downtown area was great. Very claustrophobic feeling, and I loved the busted up elevated rail system.
>>
File: 1504200107646.jpg (124KB, 380x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1504200107646.jpg
124KB, 380x1434px
>>388858342
>>
>>388856152
>>finally get the gunplay, weapon customization and level design perfected

When did they do that?
>>
>>388859000
put fallout 3 below NV and that's pretty accurate actually
>>
>>388859119
Why? 3 got a better score than NV.
>>
>>388859225
because it's shit
>>
>>388859041
Gunplay is fantastic, I don't give a shit what you faggots say. Level design is up and down, but like >>388858534 said, the downtown area in 4 is a massive leap forward compared to 3 and NV. The weapon customization was good, not perfect, but still fun to play around with. Could use some tweaks and more options.
>>
>>388859315
The facts appear to disagree.
>>
>>388859315
Why are NVfags so obnoxious
>>
>>388859000
fallout 3 only got the bump because of the "transition to 3d meme" just like OOT
>>
File: 1497300562185.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1497300562185.png
8KB, 420x420px
>>388859376
>metacritic scores = better game
>>
>>388859337
The glowing sea was pretty cool also. Even if it was pretty empty.
>>
>>388859526
>excuses

>>388859529
And your opinion means more?
>>
>>388859526
OoT is a fucking masterpiece. inb4 nostalgia goggles, I bought it for 3DS a couple years ago and it was still incredible.
>>
File: 1502330321959.jpg (211KB, 632x1952px) Image search: [Google]
1502330321959.jpg
211KB, 632x1952px
>>388859694
>thinking anyone's opionon matters

>>>/neogaf/
>>>/9gag/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>Level design perfected

Beth dev 1: let's just put enemies everywhere with no rhyme or reason. Also let's make garbage the only valuable items in the game. That way most of their time is spent picking up trash.

Beth dev 2 : Not bad, but how do we make it even shittier?

Beth dev 1: "I know, let's make crafting pointless by dropping legendary loot. Also instead of making people craft different ammo we should just add magic stats like poison, freeze or fire to basic boring weapons."

Beth dev 2: "that's hilariously shitty and lazy. You deserve a raise."

Beth dev 1: Thanks. Do you think if we added freeze damage to the flamethrower it would be too obvious we think very little of gamers?

Beth dev 2: *Laughs*
Beth dev 1 +2: *Hearty laughter*
>>
>>388859701
Its not any better if not worse then MM or ALTP. It was just "REVOLUTIONARY".
>>
>>388856414
>next fallout game
>next bethesda game
lol
>>
>>388859902
>Also instead of making people craft different ammo we should just add magic stats like poison, freeze or fire to basic boring weapons."
Still upset about this. In the E3 video you see those are weapon attachments.
>>
>>388859973
I actually prefer Majora's, but you can sod off, lad. OoT is legend, and you will die a peasant's death.
>>
>>388859902
I unironically liked the Cryo flamer.
>>
>>388860163
t. Todd Howard
>>
>finally get the gunplay
it was ok, but hardly "perfected"

>weapon customization
the weapon customization system wasn't great. The mods for the stock/muzzle/barrel/and sights worked ok, although it often tended to be a straight upgrade path locked behind perks. The mods to the receiver were completely awful. It starts with Semi / automatic, and as you get more perks, you get like a dozen choices of Semi +X or automatic +X, with a capstone option of "convert weapon to some other caliber"

You can't go to an NPC gunsmith and get your shit upgraded for you for caps, none of the receiver mods cosmetically alter the gun, mods can be detached from guns, but you have to rebuild the gun back into stock configuration on install some other compatible mod for some reason in order to take a mod off, instead of just scrapping that shit for parts. It's their best effort to date, but some of the design choices are just baffling, or made necessary due to their retarded level scaling system.

>and level design perfected
The same big open world as usual, except with only like three real towns populated by NPCs with content, sparsely populated with the occasional enterable house or building, and a handful of skyrim-style dungeons that have a secret path from the end back to the entrance.

meh.

>completely shit the bed with the writing, dialogue system, and by adding base-building and a voiced protag

Yep.

Honestly, the idea of post-apocalyptic city building / the sims had always appealed to me, and I really wish it was any good in fallout 4, but it isn't. The settlers are dumb as a brick and don't even meaningfully interact with each other. Aside from mabye abusing the water purifiers and selling to your own vendors, there isn't too much point to it. The game limits how much supplies get stockpiled to some ridiculously low number, so you can't have a salvage colony raking in the scraps to fuel your empire. You can't levy taxes, settlements can't defend themselves without you,
>>
>>388856152
>gunplay, weapon customization and level design perfected
I don't even.
>>
OP here, "perfected" was a bit of a string word. What I meant was, the things I liked about Fallout 4 (the gunplay, the weapon system, the level design) were much improved over the previous titles, meaning I think it's a step in the right direction.

The glowing sea was really foreboding and hostile, like a post-apocalyptic game should be, and the downtown core was very labyrinthine and easy to get turned around in. These places felt much more memorable and than a lot of areas in 3 and NV. The constant loading screens of the DC ruins made the area seem disjointed, and the Strip in NV was hilariously small.

The customization system wasn't perfect, but I could see what they were trying to do, and it could've been downright great if they'd went all in with attachments, ammo crafting, etc.

I loved the gunplay, so I have no complaints there.
>>
>>388861326
>Weapon system
>Step in the right direction
>Just tiered upgrades

>Level design
>Step in the right direction
>Every. Single. Dungeon. Loops back on itself and leaves you at the exit faster than in Skyrim
>>
>>388861498
You can't tell me you didn't enjoy walking around the downtown area and then glowing sea. Both those areas felt truly apocalyptic.
>>
>>388861498
Like holy shit. I had to go through Hallucigen to get some chems for Vault 88 and the fucking boss chest with the McGuffin is literally right in the beginning area but on the other side of some collapsed stairs.
>>
>>388861650
Boston proper is mediocre as fuck. I was more amazed at the verticality.

Glowing Sea is completely devoid of anything of note and is less harmful than swimming in Swan's Pond. There's literally no loot of worth because everything is level scaled with the majority of it being Stimpacks and Radaway to make it easy for shitters to do the main quest.

Yes, the lighting and overall atmosphere is phenomenal but once that goes away so too does wanting to be there.
>>
>>388861498
>>388861670
Yeah it makes so much more sense when games give you a magic item to instantly leave the dungeon instead.
>>
>>388861650
downtown was alright, a fuckton better than fallout 3's at least.

I thought the glowing sea was awful, though. just this vomit-colored expanse filled with ultra-super mega mutant deathclaws and radscorpions, and only a handful of actual places of note.

Maybe I waited too long before trying to visit, but it wasn't really any sort of challenge, just a slog.

>>388861952
walk nigga, your legs ain't broke
>>
>>388856152
>why does Bethesda refuse to return to the west coast?

Because Bethesda is based on the East coast you dumb fool.
>>
>>388861650
The verticality was cool. However it was a retarded hell hole. There are raiders, super mutants and other shit 5 feet from each other with no fucks given about anything but you. 3 and NV had territory dedicated to things. Placed with care and reason. More so NV, but 3 still was mostly competent. 4 is a joke. The two towns are completely surrounded by death. That's fucking retarded. Even for Bethesda.
>>
>>388862443
>dislikes slogging through glowing sea
>likes slogging back through a completed dungeon
>>
>>388861326
Fallout 4 gunplay is shit. Have you never played a single non-Bethesda FPS before?
>>
>>388862604
I've played plenty of FPS games, and I still loved Fallout 4's
>>
Base building is one of the best things about the game.
>>
>>388862563
Downtown in FO4 is supposed to be like that Gunners guard places of note. Raiders set up to ambush caravans and Muties are there as a distraction. No one actually goes there and it's avoided by commonwealth citizens despite being a scavvers heaven for old world shit.
>>
>>388862858
Uh yeah sure, your desperate and retarded fan fiction makes zero sense.
>>
If base building had way more depth it would have been the perfect add.
Just imagine it being done right:
- Build high end settlement
- At first just attracts basic settlers, but much more rare and unique settlers start to show up if the settlement does really well.
- Rare/Unique settlers give certain questions.
- A high settlement rating can attract unique merchants with end game equipment, as well as unique stuff.
- Actual base defense fight with unique adds like Nightkin out of nowhere, legendary boss fights, hoards.

But yeah instead we got a brainless settlement builder and even at 100% settlers just complain and shit.
>>
>>388863274
Fanfic? It's literally said ingame. Your companions even constantly tell you.
Then again I don't expect anyone on /v/ to actually play those, just complain about them.
>>
>>388863471
Why would I play this Bethtrash when New Vegas is the best game of all time?
>>
>>388856152
jesus, what the fuck happened to /v/
>>
>>388863368

If they were to add all this, and then remove the rest of fallout 4, and then polish it up, I would be all over that shit.
>>
File: ClmobtzUkAEmmkH.jpg (127KB, 1200x1194px) Image search: [Google]
ClmobtzUkAEmmkH.jpg
127KB, 1200x1194px
>>388863617
>New Vegas
>best game of all time
>>
>>388863471
And it makes no sense. Hanging a lampshade on it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>388864434
You heard me, Todd.
>>
>>388856152
>gunplay, weapon customization and level design perfected
thats a tall tale. especially every point.
level design and customization were not even improved, customization in particular was basically copied from games like diablo, except without whatever little fun or originality there was in the original.
>>388856547
true, but it has gotten considerably worse to the point where it becomes a detractor when you play your modded game in the framework that is F4.
>>
>>388864553
you dont have to be todd to doubt that NV is the best game of all time, because it is still ostensibly a heavily modded Fallout 3.
a craftsman can do good jobs with flawed material, but it will never be as good as if he had had the best materials to work with.
replace "craftsman" with "cook" and "material" with "food" for an easy refutation of the point via a disapproving anime face.
>>
>>388865190
If you knew anything about the history of the Fallout series you would know that Fallout 3 is a travesty and Obsidian are the true saviors of gaming. Of course you probably can't see anything with that big Bethrsda dick in your mouth.
>>
>>388865190

Yeah, It's pretty laughable to call F:NV the best game of all time.

I'd argue, though, that it's a strong contender for the best 3D open world RPG of all time, at least. Granted, the genre these days is largely just Bethesda and worse.
>>
>>388865636
It's not even the best its own series.

>>388859000
>>
File: 1503968632447.jpg (73KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1503968632447.jpg
73KB, 640x631px
>>388866362

wew
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.