[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody ever talks about the Scribblenauts games. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_3310.jpg (56KB, 360x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3310.jpg
56KB, 360x323px
Nobody ever talks about the Scribblenauts games. What's the opinion here?
>>
Only game I can think of where you can make a "Stinky Sambo"
>>
>>388854019
Great games.
The developer studio died unfortunately.
>>
I did my undergrad in physics and I remember all of us students being stoked they actually had a thing for the LHC that opened a black hole.
Great game, too bad it was never expanded upon.
>>
>>388854019
Really cool and unique set of games. I can't think of a single game that feels just like it, and there aren't many limitations once you hit the games that add adjectives. Unlimited was my favorite just because of how much freedom it gave you.
>>
The first one is great because it's more like an action game. The later ones are not as good. Just casual puzzle shit.
>>
>>388854603
yeah first is good then it turned it to this shitty franchise scribbelnauts heroes and all that, it never added any real new mechanics after number 1
>>
>>388854019
Bad if you play them just to do the missions

Fun as fuck if you play them to fuck around
>>
File: 1474356423179.png (955KB, 819x498px) Image search: [Google]
1474356423179.png
955KB, 819x498px
>>388854282
>>The developer studio died unfortunately.
What a shame. I'd easily put 5th Cell up there with the best DS developers.
>>
>>388854968
Super I thought was good due to adjectives.
>>
File: plankton.png (274KB, 556x546px) Image search: [Google]
plankton.png
274KB, 556x546px
>>388854019
Just played through the collection a few days ago. First game is pretty good, but rough around the edges. Super is really great, but a lot of the puzzles have weird, oddly specific solutions.

Also, the collection is way buggier than the standalone version of each game. My 3DS crashed while playing it, like, twice.
>>
I played the first one, it was neat but most levels could be beaten by giving yourself wings and a weapon. I have Unmasked but I have not played it yet.
>>
File: 2hu questions you.png (113KB, 525x550px) Image search: [Google]
2hu questions you.png
113KB, 525x550px
>>388854019
I have the Scribblenauts collection cart (Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts on one cart).
Haven't really done much with it, should I drag it out of my small backlog and play it? All I remember doing was going into free play and making a portal, going through, trying to go back, then the game crashed.
>>
>>388854019
I like em
>>
>>388854019
people talked alot about it when it came out for pc some time ago

fuck my life i just looked it up and it was fucking five years ago
>>
File: 1499706756288.png (1MB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1499706756288.png
1MB, 1080x1288px
>>388856445
by gum, you're right
>>
>>388856086
I'm considering going back and finishing them up myself.
>>
>>388856445
Scribblenauts is almost a decade old
>>
File: 1490161318560.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1490161318560.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>388856882
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: Drawn_to_Life_coverart.jpg (34KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
Drawn_to_Life_coverart.jpg
34KB, 300x269px
I always mix up Scribblenauts with Drawn to Life.
>>
The concept is just so batshit crazy I still don't really believe these games exists and actually do what they say they do despite having played all of them
>>
>>388857572
Right? It seriously is impressive
The addition of adjectives fucking blew me way
>>
File: OSNWAYD.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
OSNWAYD.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>388854019
>concoct elaborate solution
>pile up objects
>slight bump sends everything flying
>say fuck it and beat every mission with God, helicopter, and rope
>>
File: 5thLogoSmall.png (3KB, 63x66px) Image search: [Google]
5thLogoSmall.png
3KB, 63x66px
So what are they doing now?
>>
File: FEiAgxh.gif (16KB, 679x521px) Image search: [Google]
FEiAgxh.gif
16KB, 679x521px
>>388854019

i hate this game with a burning passion

you see, i used to be a member of neogaf (i know, i know, i didn't know a better place to talk about vidya) and this game was shilled HARD on neogaf under the promise of being the ultimate "YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING" game

even before neogaf became the moronic den of pedophilia,SJW and tolerance that is known today, it was a place full of passive/aggresive retarted fanboys who would eat anyone alive that went against the group, of course this was a sandbox game on DS so the writing for this not being up to the par was all over the wall

but that didn't stop the shilling, and lo and behold, you can even summon the neogaf logo on the game, and if you write "post 217" you'll get a painting depicting the comment of an user who said he summoned a time machine to get a dino in order to fight zombies (which admitelly sounds pretty cool) as ultimate proof of the game "YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING" quality

the actual game was okay, you can't do everything in the game, most item barely interact with each other (everytime two things fight each other they just clank each other like dolls and it's super lame) a lot of puzzles are just about moving stuff which makes "rope + jetpack" the two most used words and more often than not the game feels like "write the word i'm thinking" than the amazing sandbox game they shilled on that shitty hole for years, the original game also has terrible control, you accidentaly click on a spot and it sends maxwell into the nearest lava pool or shit like that
>>
Great games.
First one was great for introducing the concept but is dated now.
Super scribblenauts is the best in the series because it has the best puzzles and added adjectives.
Scribblenauts Unlimited has shitty puzzles but a item creator and on PC it's has workshop support which makes it worth a bit of fucking around.
Unmasked was a cash in
>>
Super Scribblenauts was the first and last game I went to a midnight release for. It coincided with the release of some big-name military game that I can't remember so something like 90% of the people there were there to pick up that, I ended up huddling up with the other people that were there to get Scribblenauts, I think all of us left with the dumb "headphones" you got as a pre-order bonus, they were really just earmuffs with two little loops for holding a pair of cheap earbuds, wore them anyway.
Super is still the best one, too, Unlimited is ironically really limited and doesn't actually add anything new beyond custom object and avatar creation.
>>
>>388858642
And neogaf has an actual object in one of the games (the logo)
>>
File: 1482466930642.jpg (86KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1482466930642.jpg
86KB, 600x612px
>>388858560
They're basically dead, unfortunately.
>>
File: maxwell.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
maxwell.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
I liked Unlimited a lot.
Improved the graphics and fixed the movement mechanics
Too bad Unmasked wasn't that great
>>
File: 1503830445215.jpg (128KB, 419x483px) Image search: [Google]
1503830445215.jpg
128KB, 419x483px
What were your most used words, /v/?
>wings
>rope
>shrink ray
>bag
>mind control device
>black hole
>>
>>388859592
>>388858847
Is Unlimited really not better than Super? Would you guys mind going into a little more detail about what makes it inferior? I haven't played Unlimited.
>>
>>388861957
It's really disappointing. The overworld and menu navigation is nearly impossible and there isn't a single interesting level. They worried too much about giving the levels locational context and didn't let the challenges breathe and get interesting
>>
>>388861957
Doesn't really use the fact that it was on things that weren't a DS, areas are still pretty small, levels are now usually based in the "open world" bits so the puzzles aren't as in-depth, which is saying a lot, doesn't really add a whole lot new and there's less gameplay content compared to Super, you can beat it and get all the achievements in a day.
>>
>>388861817
Dead Lion.
>>
Oh man the physics in the original game were super fucked up.
I remember making levels where I tied a starite to a whole mess of large vents glued to each other, so that it would "push" on itself and fly.
Also there was a game crashing glitch involving a corpse, glue and a lightning rod.
Good times.
>>
>>388861817
Insectile
Bomb
>>
Combine those two elements together to create a new building:
Bear + house.
Solution: A FUZZY HOUSE.
Fuck you, Scribbletwats.
>>
First game was an amazing concept ruined by the fact that 99% of missions could be completed with a helicopter and some rope.

Second one and Unlimited were pretty fuckin dope though. 'specially with steam workshop on the latter.

Never played any of the others.
>>
>>388854408
>Great game, too bad it was never expanded upon.
>>388854968
>it never added any real new mechanics after number 1

super was all about the fact that you could add adjectives to items now
>>
>>388857249

I only discovered scribblenauts because I was googling the devs of that game after I got it dirt cheap in a secondhand store in like 2007 or so.

Pretty fun though I don't remember ever making anything especially cool in the game despite all the chances to draw stuff.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.