[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are racing games for autists? Why would you want to spend twenty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Are racing games for autists? Why would you want to spend twenty minutes doing ten laps? What's the appeal with doing one hour endurance races? Why do the achievements make you do the most boring shit over and over? How can anyone endure playing these? They get boring fast.
>>
actually it's the games that you like that are boring as fuck
>>
>>388843926
/thread
>>
>>388843729
PvP
>>
>>388843729

>>388843729
Why do you care OP?
>>
>>388843926
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
>>
>>388843926
I like a huge variety of games. Racing on circuit tracks gets incredibly boring in games like Forza. It's the same ten tracks over and over in career with different cars and multiple laps. Same shit tracks every two years since 2005.

At least with Mario Kart it's fun and dynamic since you have weapons. Dirt 2 was decent because it has offroad tracks that go from point to point. You are always kept in focus. Forza I don't even know I'm racing after a while.
>>
>>388843729
Personally I prefer arcade styled racing games. My favorites are RR7, RR-T4, and Split Second.
>>
>>388844579
I will say Forza Horizon is the saviour for racing currently (except the boring 2nd game). It is so engaging doing offroad races online and the street races that can easily be messed up if you're not paying attention.
>>
Nothing better than doing a solid lap on Nurburgring, which is 7-10 minutes depending on the car. If you don't understand the thrill of braking perfectly, hitting every apex, and blasting out of there to the next corner, you should probably just die.
>>
File: 1473074302218.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473074302218.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>388843729
Racing SIMULATORS are for autists.
Arcade racers however, are not. They're fun and to the point.
>>
Racing games had a peak much like FPS or RTS.

It was around the time of NfS3, N.I.C.E.2, Grand Prix Legends and obviously Grand Turismo 2.

Pure solid gameplay without any of the cinematic shit or pandering to subcultures.

In a way racing is also as dead as fligh sims or RTS.
>>
>>388845168

Meant GT3, GT2 is garbo.
>>
>>388844736
>Split Second
My nigga
https://files.catbox.moe/ck6w20.webm

I kinda miss it
>>
>>388844746

Sandbox racing games are pure trash. I also blane them for the decline of racing game quality. Id rather have one good well designed track than endless roads of boring vistas.
>>
>>388844746
>It is so engaging doing offroad races online
until some motherfucker knocks you into a tree, and you go from first place to last.
>>
>>388844940
>that sick shortcut
>he's still nearly last
wtf
>>
>>388845372
They're not. You do realize there are circuit tracks in Forza Horizon games? Plus you get nice long sprint races at high speeds. FH3 is probably the best racing game of the past decade.
>>
>no open world driving simulation games with NFS tier tuning

Feels fucking bad man
>>
>>388844940
lmao wipeout is literally a racing sim it's all about racing line and getting the right line (taking speed boost into account)
>>
>>388845585

The problem is they are not designed as engaging tracks but merely random roads on the world map.

Every "world map" racing game ive ever played has tghe most boring fuckign tracks imaginable.
>>
File: 1473683987334.png (91KB, 503x326px) Image search: [Google]
1473683987334.png
91KB, 503x326px
>>388845391
Given how WipEout has a lot of physics involved, and the ship fell flat on the track, the air drag slowed it down, and it ended up going slower by taking air than going down the track properly.
Still, WipEout has a lot of ridiculous shit in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCdJDNzfe0
>>388845630
WipEout is a technical racing game. It lets you go fast but you sure as hell gotta know how to turn if you wanna keep going fast.
>>
>>388845382
You can quite easily catch back up to those noobs. 90% of the time I win those offroad races because everyone decides to use supercars for offroad races and always overshoots corners. I've beat them multiple times with a Ford Transit in normal races too.
>>
>>388845610
>tfw no sequel to Street Legal Racing Redline

There's a Steam release but it's just a dolled up game from 2003.
>>
>>388845698
They're designed pretty well desu. I'm sure they create the roads with the idea of making them into good circuit races. Games like The Crew are pure trash though and should be avoided.
>>
File: 1481806785865.jpg (66KB, 852x470px) Image search: [Google]
1481806785865.jpg
66KB, 852x470px
>>388845630
Fuck are you talking about
Every racing game has a racing line, arcade or not.
>>
What we need is a cross platform racer that is free to play. Charge for car packs and other shit but keep the core game free. This way we can have an open world racer (ideally like Test Drive Unlimited) that will always have online players if they mesh in racers online into others single player experience. A lot of racing games are dead online I find.
>>
>>388845998
yeah but it doesn't matter in most cases just look at mario kart you don't take the racing line at all you just spam the drift button
and in a lot of arcade game you can just power through anything
>>
>>388846202
Anything that isn't a kart game is a racing game. Even fucking Burnout 3, the best racing game ever made, which forgives bad turns so much, will tell you to eat shit if you run a T-Bone straight into a wall.
Just because it needs you not to be a fucking braindead mongrel and know how to turn, doesn't mean it's a simulator.
>>
Sim racers are pretty much for people who like racing IRL. There's a lot of nuance to car customization and handling, the way you approach corners, etc. It is pretty niche, though.

Modern racing games have pretty much all gone sim or sim-like. The arcade racer as we know it is pretty much dead, which is kinda sad.

>>388844746
Seconding this. Forza Horizon 3 is the best racing game I've played in almost a decade.
>>388845698
FH3 actually has good tracks, though. I agree with your point about most open world racers - it was my biggest problem with Burnout Paradise - but the races in FH3 are, for the most part, well designed.
>>
Can we kickstart a Motorstorm reboot?

That series was great. Tracks with multiple routes, decent vehicle variety, killer soundtrack, I fucking miss it.
>>
>>388847668
I'm surprised Sony hasn't touched the series since Apocalypse. The first game was a great PS3 showcase, and had a novel approach to offroad racing.
>>
>>388847896

Maybe a little bit of tuning would make the series more palatable to the sim/simcade crowd, but otherwise it was great as an arcade racer.
>>
Arcade racing is boring shit

Sims are incredible. There is tangable difference between cars, staying on the track becomes meaningful effort, trying to catcg grip, neither understeering or oversteering, trying to keeo line, battles...
>>
>>388843729
Blur wasn't boring. It was like need for speed x mario kart. Very fun game
>>
>>388843729
I can play 8 hours straight of just F1 2016 practice sessions. How autistic am I?
>>
File: project gotham racing.jpg (194KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
project gotham racing.jpg
194KB, 1152x648px
The only game that i ever like it with laps and the same tracks and shit, this one had a core mechanic of doing some tokyo drift shit to receive "kudos" or the currency of the game, aside from this the other are Forza's games but only because they look fucking amazing.
>>
>>388849056
Got to get fast
>>
>>388848992
Blur was different, you either loved from the start or you not, it had very few cars and very tracks too.
>>
>>388844746
Yeah, Horizon 3 is fucking great. It still has enough detail in its driving model that it feels engaging and the differences between different cars are easily felt, but it also avoids that "goddamn, I've already driven this track a dozen times today" feeling. I can understand why some people like actual racing circuits, as they are more or less "perfect" challenges to drive, designed with far more balance and attention than anything in vidya, but I just personally can't appreciate that so much that it would offset the repetitiviness.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.