[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games you never really understood the love for >basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1335.png (883KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1335.png
883KB, 567x800px
Games you never really understood the love for
>basically a Sonic 1 remake with the only "original" level being Wacky Workbench
>weird level design
>cool-looking bosses that die in 1-3 hits
>mostly good music for EU that I never got to hear as a kid, weird music for US
I played 3&K before it so maybe I was just spoiled by it but even going back I don't see why people thought it was so great outside of the music.
>>
I liked the US soundtrack.
>>
I hated the US soundtrack.
>>
Sonic CD is a curio at this point. Still worth playing though, but only through the Taxman remake. Mania and 3&K will always be the best Sonic games.
>>
OUR GUY™, Christian Whitehead, prefers the level design of 3&K.
>>
>>388843359
EHR EH EH
EHR EH
EHR EH
EHR EH EH
>>
>tfw thinking this was the best sonic game was one of your first ever contrarian opinions on the internet
yeah it's pretty subpar
>>
>>388843470
Having played the PC port I can absolutely agree with you although they honestly should've put in Final Fever.
>>
>>388843585
>contrarian

Kill yourself already holy shit
Is that the new meme word?
>>
>>388843187
I like Sonic CD. The rest of you, git gud.
>>
>>388843470
>3&K
>not Sonic 3 Complete
>>
>>388843517
Explains why mania's is so bland.
>>
>>388843854
CDfags, everybody.
>>
Sonic CD is still my favorite Sonic. I'm glad though, that contrarians that say retarded shit like "Sonic was never good, except for CD" are finally being outed as retards.
>>
File: IMG_0901.png (284KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0901.png
284KB, 385x385px
>>388843781
>git gud
>at one of the easiest Sonic games outside of Sonic's Schoolhouse
>>
>>388843929
Well it's the only thing that can explain why so many complaints of the game are related to difficulty.
>>
>>388843761
>New meme word
How new are you?
>>
>>388843786
Sonic 3 Complete then. Don't be pedantic.
>>
>>388843994
Name 1 hard Round
>>
>>388844131
Getting to the goal is extremely easy, and collecting all the emeralds is fairly easy. But the latter task seems too hard for most millennials unfortunately. So they blame the game in their usual style.
>>
i liked the good future gimmick, and i liked both the eu and na soundtracks. easily my most nostalgic sonic game. the ufo bonus stage thing was always meh however.
>>
>>388844296
*teleports behind you*
Pssh nothin personnel kid
>>
File: IMG_1336.png (35KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.png
35KB, 200x175px
>>388845063
shit
>>
>>388845131
Mania's UFO special stage is the much better version of CD's.
>>
File: 1316368078846.gif (484KB, 450x265px) Image search: [Google]
1316368078846.gif
484KB, 450x265px
Fuck Wacky Workbench
>>
Because it's better than Sonic 1 and has a unique but fun approach to level design as well as tons of replayability?

I love it, personally.
>>
>>388843187
If you honestly think CD is a 1 remake you've never played it
>>
>>388843187
the controls were arse compared to 2,3&k. muh sonic 1 engine and feel...

other than that is isn't bad.
>>
>>388845131
Am I the only one who fucking loved the UFO stages? They're my favorite bonus stage. The background are top tier, and the feeling of hitting multiple UFOs one after the other is the closest to hands free orgasm I've ever been. You just just don't understand how the perspective works in that kind of 3D, so you always fuck it up. You niggers didn't grow up with space harrier.
>>
>>388846148
Nah, CDs special stages are better than most.
>>
>>388846148
CD UFO and Blue Sphere were my favorite special stages before I played Mania UFO, which is now my favorite.
>>
>>388843187
I liked the idea of travelling in time to get different variations of levels. It also has a cool OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9bN8JBwk_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2w2v_kgzWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJXKoubh9sQ
>>
>>388846237
Blue sphere is better than Sonic 1's for sure, and it provides more of a challenge than 2 or 3d blast which is how things should be for emeralds, but fuck me did it just seem uninspired and boring. I realize it's a technically good stage, but the music, sounds, and speed of it are all pretty annoying to me. My biggest complaint about Mania is how many blue sphere stages there are. I would have much rather replaced them with CD's special stages, then keep UFO chase as the emerald stages.
>>
>Level music
JP/EU OST > US OST

>Theme song
Sonic Boom > Toot Toot Sonic Warrior
>>
>>388843546

It's HUEHUEHUEHUE you fucking newfag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW_50pH00e4
>>
>>388846697
>Sonic Boom > Toot Toot Sonic Warrior
No way, Toot Toot is much better in quality and fits the game perfectly
>>
>>388843187
Yeah, I don't feel like the boss battles get enough shit, everyone always complains about the shitty level design instead. Like 3 of them are more like minigames than actual battles : The pinball one where all you need is to get to the top, the conveyor belt one where you just need to hold "right" for a few seconds, and Metal Sonic which is a race (glad Sonic Mania changed that one up). The rest are actual boss battles but they're too simplistic and anti climatic.
>>
>>388843253
>>388843359

FIGHT!
>>
Was Sonic CD the only mainline game in the series to have a Time Attack mode, where you're just racing for time instead of points?
>>
>>388846148
doing time stone runs of the game is fun.
>>
>>388843470
Sonic 3 fucking sucks. There are no redeemable levels in it.
>>
>>388843187
This fucking game. I'm a huge fan of almost everything square shat out during the SNES era, but I will never understand what people see in this one.
>>
File: Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg (77KB, 393x269px) Image search: [Google]
Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg
77KB, 393x269px
>>388848498
forgot pic
>>
My main complaint is that finding the badnik generators a a huge chore, and since there are 4 versions of a level and only so many signposts, I almost always never get to see all versions of a level in one playthrough. I wish the Time Trial mode in the iOS version would let me speedrun non-Present stages.
>>
File: image.jpg (486KB, 2048x1224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
486KB, 2048x1224px
the level design in classic Sonic games in general is retarded. They aren't designed to be hard or fun. They're just made to be annoying as fuck and leave you paranoid.

>cool a spring into a loop
>run head on into spikes
or
>oh shit a free life
>cant stop the momentum so now you're blocked off from it
Seriously, they're meant to be infuriating and I don't know why people enjoy it. Don't say it's so you don't hold right because there's no way you can react to that shit first playthrough. You could play it slow like Mario but the platforming is lackluster and you only have ten minutes to finish the level
>>
>>388845879
Palmtree Panic = Green Hill
Collision Chaos = Spring Yard
Tidal Tempest = Labyrinth/Marble
Quartz Quadrant = Marble
Wacky Workbench = Scrap Brain
Stardust Speedway = Star Light
Metallic Madess = Scrap Brain
>>
>>388846697
I agree other than the boss theme for EU. Collision Chaos Bad Future is pretty good though.
>>
>>388848779
Its called learning a stage you mongoloid. All Sonic 2D games are built on successive replays so you get better and better.
Don't pretend you find everything in Bing Bing Yahooworld in one play
>>
>>388848585
I like how there's metal sonic hologram projectors that mean absolutely nothing and have no purpose on the game other than making the flickies appear
>>
>>388849069
>Collision Chaos Bad Future is pretty good though.

The American or Japanese version?
>>
>>388849092
Artificial length in the worst way. Game needs to be fun the first time for me to want to play it again, numbskull.
>>
>>388848585
>I almost always never get to see all versions of a level in one playthrough.

I think that's the point, to increase replayability.
>>
>>388843585
>back then the game was relatively unknown
>contrarian opinion was to love it
>game became more accessible
>contrarian opinion is now to hate it
>>
>>388849186
They probably had both the robot generator and the Metal Sonic hologram as requirements to get the good future, but decided that was too much of a pain in the ass, so they just made destroying the robot generator the requirement, and made the Metal Sonic hologram just a thing to make cute animals appear.
>>
>>388848982
This is quite a s t r e t c h
>>
In terms of music,

Bad Future > Present > Past > Good Future
>>
>>388843585
Ha so I'm not the only one who claimed CD was my favorite just be be special? Nice.
>>
>>388849254
It's plenty of fun the first time if you just slow the fuck down, speed is a reward and you have to earn it.
>>
>>388849254
That's your own fault
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.