[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I was in a coffee shop, running away from home, when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: 2926420-20170226135601_1.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2926420-20170226135601_1.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>"I was in a coffee shop, running away from home, when I heard the news. Our hero, Jecht, gone, vanished into thin air!
>>
The last good FF.
>>
>>388837618
FFXV sure sucks. I wish they'd have remade X instead, not even super high budget like 7R
>>
File: 1504090004854.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1504090004854.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>388837876
>I wish they'd have remade X instead
Literally why?
>>
>>388838620
Dunno, just remake older games that are good rather than trying your luck with new engines and half finished concepts
>>
>>388837618
why is jecht on that building when he went missing years ago
>>
>>388837876
Why wouldn't they remake one of the better games in the series though?
>>
>>388839463
Because he was a big deal in Zanarkand which is in some weird cyclical, time stasis shit anyway and also a dream
>>
>>388837876
ily
>>
>>388839656
>also a dream
I should replay FFX sometime, its been like 15+ years. dont remember the dream thing
>>
>>388839982
Dream is a bad word for it. Zanarkand is basically a giant summon. Tidus is basically a summon. I dunno why they translated it as dream.
>>
>>388839487
Because that doesn't exist
>>
>>388839656
Zanarkand is the future
>>
>>388840060
Sounds interesting.
>>
Who the fuck was this narrator anyway?
>>
>>388840087
To each their own I guess. 10 isn't bad by any means but I think it's lower mid tier for me.

>>388840180
It's a decent plot. Not nearly as confusing as people make it out to be.
>>
>>388840060
The byline for FFX to me is "overcomplicated". Plot, setting, character designs. The reveal for Tidus is like ten times more elaborate than it needs to be to the point of being borderline incomprehensible.
>>
>>388840060
Dream Zanarkand is literally the Dream of the Fayth, it's an accurate translation
>>
>>388840346
I think most of the plot is fine. I agree the character designs are ass though, nomura needs to be reigned in at all times. The cutscenes are pretty over the top too like you said, they clearly wanted to flex the PS2.
>>
>>388839463
>why is jecht on that building when he went missing years ago
because the tournament Tidus is playing in is a memorial cup for Jecht.
>>
>tfw I never pulled off the 200 consecutive lighting dodges
>>
X was too easy to cheese. I cheesed it on my very first play through just by doing what I wanted to do.
Just level up Yuna's strength and speed, literaly cheese every encounter by summoning bahamut and smacking everyone to death. By the time I got to Jecht Yuna had like 5 turns before him on the turn order, I just summon bahamut, and melee him to death before he even gets a turn.
>>
>>388840165
Dream Zanarkand exists in the same time as the rest of Spira.
>>
>>388840436
I get it, but what they're actually doing is just summoning it. There was no need for all the dreaming metaphors, it just confused people.

Just call it what it is, it's a giant aeon. Tidus is an aeon.
>>
>>388840451
>I agree the character designs are ass though, nomura needs to be reigned in at all times
explain what makes them bad and post a good character design for comparison
>>
>>388840594
well of course it is. Zanarkand is in spira (in the future).
>>
>>388837876
Don't summon him anon, don't ruin an FFX thread
>>
>>388840624
If you have an ounce of literacy in you, you could see the shared metaphysical characteristics behind a "Dream" and "Dreamworld" and "Spirit" and "Spiritworld". It's not hard. FFX's plot is one of the least complicated 3D FF plots out there.
>>
>>388840643
Not him, but the outfits are extremely busy, especially Tidus and Auron. It's like looking at some sort of precursor to the "zippers and belts" debacle that is Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>388840643
Lulu wears a dress made out of belts. No one else in the setting wears anything like it. It's really jarring. Tidus wears a goofy asymmetrical outfit that looks awful. Wakka isn't that bad. In general though the outfits the people in the setting wear look ridiculous.

The outfits in all the SNES and ps1 games are much better imo. Cloud wears a SOLDIER uniform. and the rest of them just wear reasonable clothes.

Nomura has a habit of over-designing the shit out of everything. This appeals to some people but a lot of people also dislike it.
>>
Where did Jecht go?

I mean, you want me to believe the most epic story in Final Fantasy history happened on some accidental drunk training trip?

Who was Sin before Jecht? It had to be of some significance they sought Jecht purposefully to set the story in motion.
>>
>>388840910
Tidus' costume, and Lulu's belt web, are probably the worst it gets. Tidus has like 6 instances of that FFX logo on his person, and that is just too much.

Plus, the woven elbow-gauntlet thing is odd.
>>
>in a coffee shop
>running away from home

>in coffee shop
>running away

which was it Teedas
>>
>>388839168

Or just make new games that are actually good

Why replay a game twice when you know what will happen?
>>
>>388840227
A blitzball commentator obviously
>>
>>388841168
i want to be a blitzball when i grow up
>>
>>388839463
Because it's the Jecht Memorial Tournament
>>
>>388841168
Running away sometimes just means refusing to go to or be someplace. A child might be running away from home and be discovered at a playground.
>>
>>388841046
There have been like 5ish sins. They're all the made up of the final aeon used before them. They come back quicker every time and the first one was the most dangerous.

Sin is basically just armour used by yuyevon. I could be wrong but I think Jecht was picked up by mistake and Tidus was the one picked up on purpose.
>>
>>388841168
He was in the coffee shop as a rest stop from running away from home.
>>
>>388837786
> tidus
> good

He's the worst main character by fucking far. He alone ruined FFX
>>
File: 13c5qUd.jpg (1018KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
13c5qUd.jpg
1018KB, 1000x1500px
I love when people who haven't played FFX since they were a literal toddler try to explain the plot
>>
>>388841271
Jecht wasn't picked up by mistake.
>>
>>388841432
For me it was the ill-conceived final boss encounter that was somehow not designed with the anticipation of getting hit by absurdly over-powered summon attacks. You spend the whole game with this gigantic world destroying monster at your heel, and it turns out all you need to do is;
>>388840587
>>
>>388841180
Because games are more than their story. And while X is a great game, it is also a shit story.
>>
>>388841579
What about X-2's story?
>>
>>388841515
I'm the opposite. I love when people try to explain the plot to people that are just shit posting with false information.
>>
>>388837618
One of the few times the remaster actually vastly improved the soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWtekMB-GTU
>>
>>388841520
Jecht had entered Spira after coming upon Sin. According to the fayth of Ifrit, Sin swam in these waters to ease its pain on that day; as Jecht touched him, "he became real", and was washed ashore somewhere near Bevelle.

That's from the wiki. Can you recall when the game states jecht was picked up on purpose?

>>388841515
I love when people make somewhat vague passive aggressive statements.
>>
>>388841432
Nah his character growth from whiny fish out of water to self sacarifice is great, but of course you just want to play as a generic manly self-insert and never actually finished the game
>>
>>388841432
At least Tidus was somewhat integral to the plot. Vaan had no purpose after the first 2 hours.
>>
>>388841830
They're pretty similar actually Tidus influences the group, Vaan influences Ashe. Vaan is arguably the only reason Asche doesn't use the nethicite.
>>
>>388841664
Not only is X2s story bad, it makes X's story worse because of shuyin.
>>
>>388841909
Unlike Tidus, you could write him out of the story when baltheir shows up and nothing would be different except the "I'M CAPTAIN BOSH VON ROTSENBURG OF DALMASKA!"
>>
>>388841932
At least X2 gave a classic exp and job system. The jobs were just... I don't even know how to describe them.
>>
>>388842087
I just explained that you're wrong though. Penelo I agree could be written out. But Vaan has a more personal connection to Asche and is able to get through to her when the others couldn't. He's also rabanastran and he also lost a loved one in the war. I don't even like Vaan but people exaggerate how little he affected the plot.
>>
>>388842087
Besides Ashe none of the party matters in XII and Ashe herself has no real personality.
>>
>>388840910
>>388841119
>>388840972
I completely agree that Lulu's design is off but not the others. Most people on /v/ seem to have a hard on for muh simple yet elegant design and while I do like that style just because something is visually busier by comparison doesnt mean it's bad.
Tidus' design is supposed to look ultra futuristic/otherworldly, clothes being from Zanarkand and I'd say they succeeded in designing something that represented that.
Lulu's design on the otherhand doesn't really represent where she is from or fit in with anyone else from Spira as a whole, when comparing the other Spiran party members with their affiliates ie Rikku with the Al Behd, Wakka with Besaid and Auron and Yuna whith Bevelle.
The designs are a lot more thought out and cohesive than people give them credit for and to everyone who still goes on about "they're just too ridiculous" god forbid we have a little bit of creativity and flare with our fantasy characters, I guess you'd prefer that Tidus wear a tshirt and jeans.
>>
>>388839463
He`s a big guy
>>
>>388842212
Ashe is the protagonist of XII, Vaan is the player character. There's a difference
>>
>>388842306
XII was a game?
>>
>>388842240
If I sang the Hymn of the Fayth would you die?
>>
>>388842418
>If I sang the Hymn of the Fayth would you die?
It would be extremely calming
>>
>>388842372
I said XII not XIII
>>
>>388842218
It's not that his outfit looks different. It's that it's looks like shit. Shuyin's design is what Tidus should have been. It's not just the party though, The whole world is full of people with ridiculous outfits. It's like They just gave Nomura free reign and told him to go nuts.

>>388842306
Where did I call Vaan the protag? I just said he's more important than people give him credit for (not by a lot though and I wish they would have kept basche as the MC).
>>
>>388840587
that sounds boring as fuck, glad I never did that.
>>
>>388842509
Literally the only time you intervene in XII besides movement is when you have to Kamehameha a boss.
>>
>>388842534
>It's that it's looks like shit
But why does it look shit?
>>
>>388842218
literally no one can be considered a black mage in X's universe aside from Lulu tho, so that's why she looks so different from all the summoners and monks
also the Tidus and Wakka have intentionally asymmetrical costumes because it's their suit for playing Blitzball
>>
>>388842606
>boring as fuck
It was. Summoning Aeons was a core part of the game. The final boss encounter should have been developed in anticipation of that. I worked on maximizing my summon game because I figured it would have to be maximized.
>>
>>388842534
>Where did I call Vaan the protag?
>It's an everybody on /v/ is on the defensive and assumes they're being argued with episode
>>
>>388842658
Look man if you like it that's fine. I think the outfit designs are garbage and that opinion seems to be somewhat common. I don't particularly like Nomura when he's given free reign, I don't mind him when he's reigned in or when he reimagines Amano designs or whatever.

>>388842798
You responded to me with a sentence that seemed like it was written to correct a mistake. If I misinterpreted you then that's my mistake.
>>
>>388839463

He didn't pyrefly so good
>>
>The genocide of Al-Bhed scum was like happy festival fireworks ya?
fucking hell Raimi
>>
>>388843117
Memes aren't funny.
>>
>>388842959
>pyrefly
This was by far the worst cringe that became of Square titles in general. I mean it started with VIII, but X is when it started getting really bad when voice acting was thrown at it.
The need to develop some absurd half-hearted lexicon for random things.
Occult Pseudo-intellectualism. Is what it boils down to.
>>
>>388842738
>literally no one can be considered a black mage in X's universe aside from Lulu tho, so that's why she looks so different
but she doesnt fit the world that she belongs to and that's the problem, square said "the black mage must wear black and be gothic" having such a meta rational behind her design takes away from the imersive quality and visual cohesiveness of the wold and it's not like Lulu is the only on who can cast blk magic, fucking brother shocked Rikku but you don't see him all decked out in black.

>>388842935
I didnt say i liked them but I respect them for trying something different. The nuts and bolts on Cloud drive me up the wall so I get why people get upset over tidus' design but that doesn't mean they are 'garbage' designs.
>>
>>388843272
This post is a mess. Are you taking issue with fantasy settings creating fantasy concepts?

>>388843349
I think they're really bad personally. I'm fairly easy to please, they're the only character designs in the series that I dislike, and even then I think the npcs are worse than the protags. Seymour looks absurd.
>>
>>388843272
It's been there since like FFVI it just kept getting worse until every other word in XIII was "LCIE, FAL'CIE, EIDOLON, GRAN PULSE" and they had to add an in-game wiki so you could translate all that shit
>>
>>388843649
I don't think 13 presented its story very well, but if you hadn't figured out what that shit means through context alone by like chapter 2 or 3 then you're kind of slow.

Eidolon has been a word for summon since FF4. The rest you can pick up through context without ever opening the data log. Or you can open the data log.
>>
File: FFX_Lulu_Art.png (753KB, 563x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FFX_Lulu_Art.png
753KB, 563x1000px
>>388843349
>getting this worked up over a goth existing in spira
calm down
>>
File: 1465057974444.png (122KB, 345x321px) Image search: [Google]
1465057974444.png
122KB, 345x321px
>>388840474
>mfw remembering all the hidden shit in this game

Some of the minigames for the ultimate weapons were straight up bullshit. It baffles me to think there are weebs out there who managed to 100% everything in this game and beat penance.
>>
>>388843898
Her design actively keeps her out of cutscenes because she was so hard to animate.
>>
>>388843850
Studies of real life cultism have suggested that made up terminology is an effective brainwashing tool. Your fanboyish response to the criticism would suggest that those studies are in fact correct.
>>
>>388843850
>I don't think 13 presented its story very well
Right
>but if you hadn't figured out what that shit means through context alone by like chapter 2 or 3 then you're kind of slow
Wrong, the narrative attempts an in-media-res feel and doesn't contextualize any of the bizarre terminology being thrown around left and right. Good job on contradicting yourself though
>>
>>388844079
They just have Kimahri carry her at one point while surfing on those cables which makes sense in-story anyway
>>
>>388844085
How was that fanboyish? I conceded that the game presents its story poorly, but I critiqued your comprehension skills.

I don't think Fantasy is right for you if you get bothered by make up terminology.

>>388844204
How is that a contradiction? It presented it poorly (though I dislike "as you know" exposition dumps as well) but it's not that tough to figure out what they're talking about.

Due to context you can figure out Gran Pulse is a place you don't want to go, later you figure out it's a planet. I think it's Sazh that briefly explains what a l'cie is when you first encounter ceith. And they talk about Fal'cie while the camera focuses on Anima at one point.

This is less about defending FF13 and more about disliking awkward exposition dumps. But when people whine about not understanding stuff we get forced amnesiac characters or awkward "as you know" dialogue.
>>
>>388844325
I can think of at least one other cutscene that awkwardly cuts her out during a jumping scene. She's also frequently only shown waist up in cutscenes.
>>
>>388844204
>Wrong, the narrative attempts an in-media-res feel and doesn't contextualize any of the bizarre terminology being thrown around left and right. Good job on contradicting yourself though
not him but 13's terminology is used in a VERY straightforward manner the whole "they never explain what fal cie/l cie mean" is just a dumb fucking meme
>>
>>388844552
I'm guessing they prefer the FFX style where Lulu explains stuff constantly throughout the whole game. Half the point of Tidus' character is to let them explain shit without it seeming too awkward, but I'm not really a fan of that technique.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.