[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the earth stand any chance against a single flood spore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 28

File: floodIF.jpg (12KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
floodIF.jpg
12KB, 320x319px
Would the earth stand any chance against a single flood spore? How long would we last?
>>
How's the Flood anything special?
You breathe in lots of fungi spores every day, but they don't start eating you alive from inside (well, most of the time they don't...). Why would the Flood be any more successful?
>>
>>388828405
because they do eat you from the inside.
>>
>>388828461
But a spore is just a single cell. It will get shut down by the antibodies or just die on its own.
>>
>>388828646
Your body can't fight it if you're dead. They burrow into your chest and directly to your spinal cord killing you and assuming control of your body in seconds.
>>
>>388829972
Ah, so weren't talking about actual spores, but whatever the games call "spores", I see.
Then it would be even easier to contain or destroy than a plague of microscopic organisms.
>>
ill just take some tylenol
>>
Depends where it lands. If it lands in a developed country first, it would get shut down or at least contained very fast. If it lands in some African shithole, it will have time to amass a huge army of Flood by the time any country with power noticed.
>>
>>388830065
It is a spore, even by technical standards. It just isn't necessarily microscopic. But the flood does reproduce itself by sending a smaller version that multiplies. It would be like trying to get rid of all the sardines in the world, they multiply and migrate faster than you can destroy them.
>>
ONLY one? It should be fairly easy to kill, but it could possibly kill at least one person first.
>>
Would easily annihilate it with a swift left hook
>>
>>388830065
Why are you putting the word spores in quotes? There are many different kinds of spore, each reacting to the body in a different way IRL. I mean, it's no different than the many different viruses we have, some can be treated while others are fatal.
>>
>>388831030
>lands in Africa
>Jamal Negrophallus sees it
>whips out his AK
>splats it

>lands in America
>John Smith sees it
>whips out his Glock brand Glock 19
>splats it

>lands in Britain
>Nigel Bongbutter sees it
>breaks down crying
>gets raped to death
>the entire UK has to be nuked

>lands in Russia
>Cyka Blyat sees it
>crushes it with a frying pan
>>
>>388831483
Killing the person doesn't really prevent more spores from being created and spreading. Flood spores are insanely contagious and can affect any biological entity, dead or alive.
>>
everyone seems to forget that humans aren't the only species on earth/that the flood can infect pretty much any type of animal
it could create a fucking army before coming into contact with any humans
>>
>>388831709
>frying pan
You mean
>whips out Kalashnikov, screams "ANUU" and squats on it
>>
>>388828461
kek
>>
>>388828646
It's literally been said that a single spore can wipe out an entire species.
>>
>>388832142
>flood spore starts off in the ocean
>every deep sea monster flood-ified and crawling onto the shores of the world

fuck me silly, had that flood ship crashed into some water in Halo 3 chief wouldn't have stood a chance
>>
>>388832256
it might've been true, or it might've just been an excuse to nuke an entire human continent since Rtas didn't seem to be too fond of humans despite being in an alliance with them
>>
It took over a large portion of africa in an hour so the covenant had to glass it
the flood is not a normal creature and grows exponentially by turning cells it touches into flood super cells
endgame flood with a couple of planets styled on the forerunners so hard that they had to clean the galaxy of all life and that's because they're actually precursors
>>
File: confuse.jpg (154KB, 2000x1684px) Image search: [Google]
confuse.jpg
154KB, 2000x1684px
>>388832256
>It's literally
>been said
>>
>>388832639
"it's" can mean "it is" or "it has"
>>
>>388832256
a single spore can't wipe out a species

now the exact opposite has 'literally been said'
>>
>>388832749
do you want to double check on that first, or are you going to sincerely lock that in as your reply?
>>
>>388832896
it is been a while since i've seen a retard like you
>>
>>388831709
>Americlap in this much denial
UK is better than your shithole
>>
>>388832896
It’s is a contraction for it is or it has. What's your autistic ass on about ?
>>
>>388832896
http://speakspeak.com/grammar-articles/its-is-has-difference
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/its-or-it-s
http://www.its-not-its.info/
suck my BBC
>>
If it started in the jungle or anywhere near an unprepared person we would all be fucked. Didn't they had to completely wipe out a solar system just to prevent the spores from contaminating the galaxy inODST?
>>
>>388831709
Nah nah, John Smith screams while John Smith's gf's Tyrone splats it with a glock with a potato taped to it.
>>
File: 1382129838815.gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
1382129838815.gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>388833119
>UK
>Better than anyone
Ok Ahmed
>>
>>388833149
>>388833142
>>388833113

hah, red herring, and you all took the bait.
The "it's" wasn't the problem, see: >>388832774
>>
File: 1441489711464.jpg (89KB, 1022x577px) Image search: [Google]
1441489711464.jpg
89KB, 1022x577px
>>388833530
>MERELY PRETENDING
>>
>>388833650
>fish bites hook
>laughs uproariously in the frying pan about how the hook was pretending to be a simple worm and nothing more

"okay"
>>
>>388828405
Flood spores at an ancient races hate manifested. A single spore is enough to destroy worlds
>>
>>388828194
Not even a day.
>>
>spores are about the size of rabbits
>they can be easily outrun by masterchief
>let's assume masterchief runs faster than normal so let's say a spore travels at about normal human sprint speed, say 100m in 13s
>they're killed by a single bullet wound from a powerful pistol

I seem to remember human NPC's in halo being able to survive several flood spores jumping on them, so it's not like a single scratch is fatal like a zombie virus.

doesn't seem like a big deal unless you take written lore wank that contradicts the gameplay as canon.
>>
>>388835725
>contradicts the gameplay
Oh boy
>>
I think a lot of people here are uneducated about the flood so lets explain this further.

The crawly things are flood organisms. Even when they die you need to clean up their guts and stuff because they still behave as a fungi when dead. A single flood spore can infect anything and everything. If you look in halo 2 and 3 you can see bulbous mutagenic globs all over in flood levels. They infect in multiple ways.
>>
>>388831709
>Lands anywhere in the world
>Clueless tween snaps it on their smartphone, edits it with the caption "NiBBa what even is this animal" and runs it through MSPaint as a JPEG 100 times
>Gets anally raped and infected while doing so
>>
>>388836051
Then there's that comic about that UNSC prison ship getting fucked up by the flood and some guy gets flooded from simply being injured by a combat form.
>>
If it is indeed so dangerous it could wipe out all life on Earth, using a nuke would not be out of the question, and a single nuke would be enough.
>>
>>388830065
autism
>>
>>388836764
>and a single nuke would be enough.
That's implying that the flood didn't infect any flying, or aquatic creatures. In one hour an entire ocean could be infected. Now if you whale sized eggsacs walking onto land and exploding on to everything resulting in even more infection. In halo 3 it takes 2 hours for africa to be completely infected
>>
>>388833119
>America is bad because it doesn't have guns!
What did britbong mean by this?
>>
>>388836949

Sounds like video game bullshit to me. Just the physics involved in moving across an area the size of Africa in 2 hours makes it highly unlikely this would actually happen.
Africa at it's longest point is over 5000 miles long. Travelling that distance in 2 hours would mean moving significantly faster than a bullet.

Last time I played a Halo game, I could ourrun the flood enemies pretty easily, and any vehicle was so fast they stood no chance of even keeping up.
>>
I hate americans so much
>>
>>388828194
No, professionals wouldn't know how to respond to it due to how ludicrous of a situation it is. It all depends on where it starts honestly, in a populated city worst case scenario they just obliterate it to prevent them from spreading, it's just luck if they get out after that. Flood's pretty crazy but they're manageable.
>>
>>388836637
Sounds like an interesting read.
>>
Literally no. They are ambush predators. They wouldn't give an unsuspecting human the chance to react even if they did have a gun, which the average human does not include in their EDC.

One human would be infected, it would kill anyone else in that household, gestate for a day or so, and then release a dozen more spores and so on.

It might get shut down though by well equipped law enforcement though when they catch wind of an entire suburb being ransacked by green balloon squirrels of death.
>>
>>388837257
>Last time I played a Halo game, I could ourrun the flood enemies pretty easily, and any vehicle was so fast they stood no chance of even keeping up.
Video game mechanics /=/ Canon
In game chief is a lumbering rock with top speeds of like 10mph. In the lore he can sprint up to 60mph outside of armor. The game doesn't cover any flood forms such as animal based ones. Only humanoids. There's also giant football field sized rocks that the flood shoot towards earth shown in the level the covenant. These things are completely covered and filled with flood forms. Imagine about 5 thousand flood forms crawling out of that and running in every direction jumping on every living organism. These were shot all over the world but mainly Africa due to the fact that the Portal to the Ark was there.
>>
>>388837676

But we're not talking about that. We're talking about a single flood spore which moves about as fast as a slug.
>>
>>388828194
The Flood Infection Form might appear at first glance to be little more than a harmless and repulsive creature, but once it gains physical contact with a biological host, it instantly becomes a deadly foe. Any foe without shielding protection will be prone to instant death or infection, although the potential host can fight back with limited success when the Infection Form attempts to infect them. Small tentacles underneath its body penetrate the skin, tap into the victim's spinal cord, and unleash an attack on the host's nervous system via direct contact with the spine, killing the host almost instantly, though in rare cases leaving the victim conscious. Once this is accomplished, it rewrites the neural pathways of the victim's brain with its tendrils, forcing a resonant frequency match between its neural signals and the host's signals. Then, it releases the Flood Super Cell which overwrites the host DNA and causes rapid mutation.

we would be fucked in less than 48 hours
>>
>>388836637
>>388837512

Non canon.
>>
>>388833119
Enjoying your cctv and butter knives locked behind an age wall?
>>
>>388837872
Did I say that I cared if it was canon or not?
>>
File: 1257074506497.png (73KB, 755x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1257074506497.png
73KB, 755x1255px
>>388833812
epic win bro! you showed them xD
>>
>>388837512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36hTq2soGDE
Even better. Its one of those comics that reads itself for you because you can't be arsed to do it yourself.
>>
>>388837950

No, but you should keep it in mind that it's not representative of the flood.
>>
>>388837824
>But we're not talking about that. We're talking about a single flood spore which moves about as fast as a slug.
They move pretty fast and are strong enough to kill 6 foot tall trained soldiers. And then infect them. It really matters where it lands however. If it lands in a temperate climate filled with organisms such as South America or The Congo. Than it's GG Earth is fucked. At the same time if it lands in the middle of a city than nothing happens. Maybe 2 or 3 people get infected but cops would be able to handle it. That's however only if the cops shoot the infected from a safe range. If the infected explode onto it than the cop would be infected in 5 seconds tops and shoot/infect the nearest person.
>>
>>388837830
The question is how long does it take from Patient Zero to the first batch of spores and how many would one host produce? I would imagine it would produce more than the like 5 or 6 that carriers produce in the games.
>>
>>388838048
Oh, it's like that one Dead Space "animated" short then. Well, that's not so bad.
>>
File: Halo_Reach-Survive.png (72KB, 238x164px) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Reach-Survive.png
72KB, 238x164px
>>388837830
>Zombie plague in Great Britain
>EU and US break out their joke zombie apocalypse plans out and quarantine the seas around Great Britain
>a few days pass
>suddenly the entirety of Great Britain's military hardware bursts forth, devastating the military forces offshore and providing cover for jet airliners full of spores headed to Europe's most populated cities
>>
>>388832434
It is odd that we dont see flood animals in halo, too much extra work/ not fun to fight against i guess
>>
>>388837872
>>388837950
>>388838064
Except it is canon.

Every single Halo novel is canon.
>>
File: 1492470194700.jpg (91KB, 818x985px) Image search: [Google]
1492470194700.jpg
91KB, 818x985px
>>388838545
>Every single Halo novel is canon.
>He considers New Blood and any of that newer shit canon
>>
File: Halo-Prehistoric_human.jpg (87KB, 1366x586px) Image search: [Google]
Halo-Prehistoric_human.jpg
87KB, 1366x586px
>>388836637
That makes more sense. I mean, why wouldn't it work? The supercells or whatever get into your body and you should be fucked. I find it hard to believe Tier 1 and 2 civilizations would get fucked by anything less than something that infect you by merely breaking your skin.
>>
>>388838789
New blood was pretty iffy but other then that the recent Halo novels have been fantastic. Broken Circle and Last Light were both Ghosts of Onyx tier, in particular.

Also, the book in question he was talking about was Evolutions, which was also Ghosts of Onyx tier and was pre 343
>>
>>388839148
Also, figuring out what's canon and what isn't depending on the book can be difficult because the games like to be cheeky and conflict.
>>
File: Halo-UNSC.png (214KB, 936x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Halo-UNSC.png
214KB, 936x1440px
Reminder that xenos have ended more human lives than anything in history, more than every disease mosquitoes carry combined.

WE DO NOT FORGIVE
WE DO NOT FORGET
>>
>>388828405
>Flood spore detected.
>>
File: 1492475674639.png (355KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492475674639.png
355KB, 700x600px
>>388839538
Kind of hard to say that when you have little to no ships left in your defense grid and a portion of your last world is already glassed
>>
>lands in Australia
>assumed to be part of native wildlife
>after brief stint as popular local cuisine it becomes a protected species
>known only by the colloquial name "Wingly Wonga"
>>
>>388839148
Ghosts is so good. I liked Last Light too.
The sequel Retribution is out tomorrow. Can't wait for more Spartan III goodness.
>>
>>388839681
>last world
The Human-Covenant war barely touched the Core Worlds.
>>
What was the population of Earth before Halo 2 and then after Halo 3?

If I'm not mistaken billions of people left Earth between those games.
>>
>>388839725
made me chuckle
>>
File: Thu_Mar_12_21-11-23_UTC_20151.png (2MB, 1920x819px) Image search: [Google]
Thu_Mar_12_21-11-23_UTC_20151.png
2MB, 1920x819px
>>388839761
"Earth is all we have left."
Literally the last thing standing between any invasion force and the rest of their already battered species.
>>
File: retribution.jpg (89KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
retribution.jpg
89KB, 540x960px
>>388839750
Retribution came out on the 29th for me. Just finished reading it. Highly recommend it
>>
>>388835725
Marines get wiped out by individual parasites in one attack in every game. Once one makes contact they die within seconds. Halo 3 made it worse by having them turn within seconds too.

The only time the lore contradicted gameplay was by having the arbiter still be alive after being around the flood so much without a breathing mask.
>>
>>388839993
yeah I never really got that.

In the books it alludes to there being other small colonies and human settlements around earth and reach that didn't get hit. Pretty sure it directly states somewhere that numerous "inner colonies" were bypassed when the covenant came to Reach. The games make it seem like Reach was the 2nd to last colony and Earth was humanities only remaining planet but the books mention a number of colonies that were never even touched by the war. Does anybody have a final answer on this?
>>
>>388838789
Sadly it is

Halo is one of those series where it would benefit from not having every bit of self-contradictory piece if expanded material be canon
>>
>>388839891
Yeah, despite the fact that there was overall not that much damage during the battle of earth outside of a few specific places, the actual population numbers we have show earth's population was reduced from 10 billion to 200 million

I assume this was due to error's on the part of whoeever gave numbers, but it's been explained in universe by people fleeing the planet, but over 8 billion people evacuating (even if we assume 1 billion died in the conflict, which I doubt) would be insane
>>
>>388840178
Many Inner Colonies were spared, Hood was just using hyperbole
>>
>>388833812
>FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
>ANALOGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>388828194
Everybody's missing what a spore is

That's an infection form, a spore is literally airborne microscopic floor organisms.

In one of the books, an elite breathes in too much of the stuff while they're purging an overrun ship, and starts to turn.

I'd imagine somebody would think it were some form of cancer, go to chemo and all that, steadily turn, they start coughing up more flood biomass, and it goes downhill from there until mass fire is used.
>>
>>388831376
Except we are getting rid of srdines no problem
>>
>>388840267
As a lorefag, there's very few things I actually wish weren't canon.

There's just a few minor things here and there, really.

Granted, I dislike the entire direction the state of the universe has been heading in since Halo 4, but that's not really a specific thing that you could wish wasn't canonical, and most of the specific details/books since then have been good anyways.
>>
>>388840373
makes sense. The battle for Earth is where Humanity focused all of its remaining military might. If they lost, there would still be other worlds but Humanity would have no possible hope.
>>
>>388837257
They showered Africa with organic meteors from space. They literally Flooded Africa with unlikely masses of infested matter. At that point it didn't matter what the extension is. The only thing that matters is the density of the meteor shower.
>>
>>388837676
>Football field sized rocks
Lol you wouldn't even need flood spores if you're firing this shit
>>
>>388840178
Games are the final answer and their lore overrides the book's lore, though you're free to write around that and make both answers canon like a lot of people did with Halo: Reach and The Fall of Reach.

Sort of like this. >>388840373
It's not factual but you can't really disprove it unless an actual writer states otherwise.

IMO even if there are other small scale colonies, if Earth fell the Covenant/flood would likely have searched for the rest of our colonies until we were practically extinct. Earth was the last essential planet we had left. It falling would pretty much mean the end of our primacy in the starts for the next few decades.

>>388840267
Yeah, I wish that were the case.
>>
>>388828461
It can't just do that, no matter what your cringe sci-fi says. A single cell first has to overcome the innate immune system and then a whole host of massively cytotoxic immune cells which would immediately find an alien fungus. There's a reason all infections require an infective load of millions of cells in order to catch hold.
>>
>>388838437
I remember there being infected birds at some point.

Halo wars had a miriad of infected animals
>>
>>388829972
Then the host body would become useless relatively quickly, the flood would have to direct the body to breathe, eat, drink and rest alongside growing its new limbs which would take weeks at huge metabolic expense.
>>
>>388832774
kek
>>
>>388840014
>jiralhanae

dropped
>>
Remember that time the rookie was executed in a fucking book because Mickey is a big bitch?

me neither, only a retard would write something that dumb
>>
>>388831030
Every major city in the US can't handle their rat epidemic what makes you think they could handle the flood?
>>
>>388837830
> it rewrites the neural pathways of the victim's brain with its tendrils, forcing a resonant frequency match between its neural signals and the host's signals
Absolute gibberish
>>
>>388838437
there were basically no animals in halo anyways
>>
File: 1495530748891.jpg (31KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1495530748891.jpg
31KB, 650x488px
>>388841086
>>
>>388840287
Think of it this way, senpai. The Core worlds get a lot of food from colony worlds. Think about the metric tonnes of food to feed a planet. Compared to that hauling people isn't that big of a deal.

Hell, all they would have to be done is the UNSC mandate that every empty grain ship take as many people as they can carry when they leave Earth.
>>
File: ODST.jpg (297KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
ODST.jpg
297KB, 1280x718px
>>388841086
wasted opportunity for a H3: ODST follow up game with Rookie as a S4. Or shit even if they replaced Vale or Tanaka with the Rookie it would have been so much better

New Blood is easily the worst fucking Halo book on the planet. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY jesus fucking christ 343 what is your problem
>>
A flood cell - probably wouldn't get too far.
A thing cell - we're wrecked.
>>
File: cunt.png (759KB, 1000x738px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
759KB, 1000x738px
>>388841269
The rookie died for this.
>>
>>388841086
Pretty it's why that chick hasn't written any other novels since.
>>388841136
Pretty sure Reach had several. I remember the big ass monster ape thing and the achievement for killing so many of those bird things in the first level.
>>
File: hang in there baby.jpg (34KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
hang in there baby.jpg
34KB, 1024x577px
>>388839993
I'm pretty sure in the Halo 1 fluff (that actually came with the game itself) it was stated that MOST of humanity's worlds had been wiped out in the last decade or so, but the core worlds were well hidden, largely untouched, and only now coming under threat since Reach was glassed.

Given that fact, he was obviously speaking metaphorically. Earth is the metaphorical heart of humanity. Destroy that and all ties which bound humanity into one government, the UNSC, may be lost and humanity scattered to the wind.
>>
>>388841126
the explanation is stupid, but it's not like it wouldn't be impossible to hijack nerve cells and put your own signals into them
>>
File: H2A_Campaign_ForerunnerBird.png (716KB, 1158x514px) Image search: [Google]
H2A_Campaign_ForerunnerBird.png
716KB, 1158x514px
>>388841136
are you telling me you don't remember Sniping the birds out of the sky in H2 while you were riding those gondola things?
>>388841424
Moas
>>
>>388841330
For the record, we have no reason to believe The Thing would be a threat outside of its natural lifespan. It may just die of old age in a century after living a long fulfilling life as a caribou or a business executive, only having killed maybe 100 living things while it was getting settled and tying up loose ends.

We KNOW a single Flood spore can spread exponentially.
>>
>>388841126
I was thinking the same thing. Everything else is okay for a science fiction, but that line stands out as silly.
>>
>>388837824
nigger they sent a guy through an entire room using a wrench back in the halo 1 novel "the flood"
>>
A warhammer marine would totally kick a SPARTAN's butt :)
>>
>>388841561
Well it's not impossible to send a signal down a nerve at all, it's done in medicine all the time. So yes mainly the explanation was stupid but even then to hijack a nervous system externally and know how to use it, which nerves lead to what for what function and then to be able to use them all in conjunction is plainly impossible. Your own brain doesn't do that, it grows already connected to them all, with specific areas connected to pathways and you spend many years working out your conscious control.

The flood infection form would have to at best take control over the brain itself rather than the nerves and even then it would have to have millions of nerves and a beyond neuroscientist knowledge of the human brain to work.
>>
>>388833119
well done, you made me burst out into full laughter.
>>
>>388838545

Not a novel bruv, just a shitty animated comic thing.
>>
>>388841782
The thing cell permanently mutates and takes on traits perfectly, so it would never age - if that process occurred to it it would just imitate younger cells. Whilst it doesn't make any actual biological sense it would just spread immediately.

A life span is almost irrelevant because millions would be infected within a couple of days.
>>
>>388841940
flood form becomes the brain itself. How do you think the brain sends signals to the body to move and perform actions? Through the spinal chord. The flood form attacks the central nervous system and blocks inputs from the brain. Thats how it takes over the hosts body. Is this really so hard to believe. It's sci-fi anon you have to be able to set aside reality occasionally.
>it's done in medicine all the time
stop trying to sound smart
>>
File: 1503524183611.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1503524183611.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>388828194
>this is muh creepy OC donut steel monstah
>one microscopic particle from it is enough to wipe out entire species xDD
>>
>>388841424
The flood wasn't on reach though right? I can't remember
>>
>>388842223
No, Reach was just a covenant vs UNSC thing
>>
>>388842195
>take over biological host
>get all it's memories and knowledge
>replicate
>gravemind
>replicate and continue
>only way to win is nuke the fuck or genocide everything else to starve it
yeah, that's pretty scary
>>
>>388842183
>infected
The Thing from The Thing doesn't infect people. It kills them, imitates them, and takes their place.
>>
>>388830067
underrated post
>>
File: cord.jpg (28KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
cord.jpg
28KB, 400x258px
>>388842193
How was stating that trying to sound smart at all. I literally just stated that stimulating a nerve isn't rare but it's not the same as controlling a body. The brain is designed in unison with the nervous system, it isn't some executive organ that straps in and configures it. Something not designed from the ground up to correspond to the nerves, positioned correctly for them and to be be near other parts controlling relevant similar nerves will not work.

Nor is the spinal cord the only nerve pathway, you have cranial nerves which are massively important, you also have gastrointestinal neurons that control the gut. Just saying "it blocks the brain and plugs into the spinal cord" is absolute drivel. I've attached a cross section of the spinal cord, taking control from here tell me what you would send impulses down to raise your arm.
>>
>>388842621
I think you are missing anon's point. It's over the top. It's like...
>this is my OC, he has a katana folded OVER ONE BILLION TIMES and is so fast he can move faster than light and could basically kill everyone everywhere whenever he wants if he wanted to do that XDXD
>>
>>388842807
It infects blair.
>>
>>388842941
>it isn't some executive organ that straps in and configures it.
How does this impact brain transplants?
>>
>>388842941
Again, is my explanation really so hard to believe? Can you not suspend your disbelief just a tiny bit for a sci-fi game??
>b-but thats not how it w-works
news flash, the flood aren't real
>>
>>388840616
>Lol you wouldn't even need flood spores if you're firing this shit
That's where the spores come from. The "rocks" are mixes of organic and inorganic material. Usually pieces of ships with flood shit on it.
>>
>>388843134
When the thread is a shit "imagine if this scary super monster from my fictional world infected earth and killed all my family i would be such a hero and finally come into my own" sort thread i'm happy to shoot it down.
>>
File: 1356591633311.gif (486KB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
1356591633311.gif
486KB, 200x118px
Who'd have thought people into Halo could be so autistic
>>
How many published Halo books are there that specifically deal with the Flood? I like reading about the Flood. That kind of morbid shit fascinates me.
>>
>>388843020
It replaced Blair.
>>
>>388841330
The thing is like the Superman of fictional monsters. Like no matter what it's always going to win.
>>
>>388843113
With any technology today it's totally impossible. You would have to somehow keep the brain alive outside of a body, use nanomachines spewing stem cells to reconnect nerves absolutely flawlessly and somehow get the myelin sheaths to regrow. Then weeks of intricate surgery to replace all the vessels in the brain and supporting cells, then the meninges and cranial nerves. Then use some crispr bullshit to nerf your entire immune system so you don't die in what i can only imagine would be the most violent immune reaction. I don't think a brain transplant will ever happen.
>>
>>388843467
*blocks its path*
>>
>>388843467
But it lost.
>>
>>388843223
>implying having an imagination is a bad thing

Why is /v/ filled with such cancerous faggots? You must be fun at parties.
>autistic basement dwelling neet detected
>>
>>388843436
Slowly from the inside, that's and infection.
>>
File: IMG_1699.gif (2MB, 346x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1699.gif
2MB, 346x248px
>>388828194
No and we wouldn't last long

>libs protesting about infested people still being people
>the flood is a parasite of peace
>no to bigotry, the Earth has room for all species
>>
>>388843547
"But it lost."
Not really. There's either 2 possible endings for the first movie. Either Childs is the thing or he's not.
>>
>>388843612
But it does the exact same thing to everything else it assimilates, not just Blair.
>>
>>388828405
>>388828461
>>388828646
>>388829972
I don't think it's ever canonically explained how they gain leverage so quickly. I guess the claim that a 'single' infection form can wipe out an entire species is supposed to imply they reproduce asexually and quickly.
>>
>>388843516
well, sucks
now I'll never get to be the little girl
>>
File: monster8editub9.jpg (22KB, 320x236px) Image search: [Google]
monster8editub9.jpg
22KB, 320x236px
Guys who would win.

SCP-682 vs Flood
>>
>>388843828
First infection form creates a carrier form which then creates a number of flood spores. In the game you can watch marines and enemies get "assimilated" within maybe 5 seconds. If they had access to a hundred people in a small area it's logical they could take over within a few minutes.
>>
>>388843828
>I don't think it's ever canonically explained how they gain leverage so quickly
It's because all it takes for you to be infected is to be punctured and there's millions of these little things running around. And unlike most zombie esque monsters flood forms can go from mindless to fucking omnipresent monsters commanding the army light years away. They also retain some intelligence from their hosts so they are able to use weapons and learn how to drive vehicles albeit usually ending in a crash. There's also the fact that the flood, I don't know how can infect ships.
>>
>>388843941
SCP-682 would adapt his cells to be able to resist hostile flood space magic because SCP-682 is a mary sue SCP made to end mary sue SCPs.

The Flood could fuck over almost anything else though.
>>
>>388843704
No, most people it takes by murdering and then molesting their body, blair never gets physically attacked by it - whether during the autopsy or by food he takes in some thing cells and they begin to do their work.

Unless he gets attacked completely off screen with no reference which may well be true because the film isn't nearly as tight as people would have you believe.
>>
>>388843828
>>388843992
actually jk I just watched this video and it takes about 10 seconds for a spore to turn a living specimen into a flood form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLMoYhpTerQ
>>
File: 1476664348355.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1476664348355.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>>388844041
>all those OC donut steel SCP's with interactions with 682
Isn't there an even bigger mary sue SCP that wished 682 out of existance? Pretty sure it's a little girl
>>
>>388844157
So it looks like the flood doesn't kill the marine directly, but instead takes control of him and forces the marine to snap his own neck.

Cool.
>>
flood infection forms =/= flood spores
>>
>>388844265
I thought they were the same, actually. If there are actual spores that infect and turn you into a Flood, why didn't that happen in Halo 1 or 3?
>>
>>388844041

Wouldn't 682 have to experience the flood first before being able to adapt though? The flood instantly kills anything once it starts infection. Unless 682 can just begin reversing the infection process like it does to pretty much every other SCP with similar properties.
>>
>>388844263
>So it looks like the flood doesn't kill the marine directly, but instead takes control of him and forces the marine to snap his own neck.
Pretty sure that's the marine snapping his own neck out of shear pain or the thought that "maybe if I kill myself it won't be able to control me" but unlike zombies flood forms are fungi so they take over literally anything that's organic
>>
>>388844081
>Unless he gets attacked completely off screen with no reference
He WAS alone and unsupervised for a very long time. Long enough to potentially get assimilated by an unknown, unaccounted-for Thing host, which is actually something that both the movie itself acknowledges as a possibility. Long enough to get assimilated and begin building some kind of makeshift space craft.
>>
>>388844203
sounds like an anime character.

I'd love an SCP that was like The Groke from Moomins.
>>
>>388844265
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_Spores

you're right. I always thought that was another name for the infection forms
>>
>>388844429
Well, put it like this; 682 had to experience a nuke before adapting to it, right?
>>
>>388844429
Well the Flood from the Silentium novel could always just use hijacked Forerunner tech to put it into some slipspace time lock prison anyway.
>>
>>388844203

There is an SCP that kills everything in the universe including 682 on the other side when somebody enters it.
>>
>>388844203
It encountered "God" who was like "Yeah that's not one of my creations."

I think they edited that out quite some time ago.
>>
>>388844603
>>388844203

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2935
>>
>>388844627
>It encountered "God" who was like "Yeah that's not one of my creations."

That's pretty cool, actually. I like the idea that the supposed God of the entirety of everything has no idea what something is, indicating there are other gods or dimensions or something.
>>
>>388844798
Whoever wrote this did a damn good job of making it sound absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>388838120
It's not enough to just shoot them. Flood infects all biological matter like rats, trees and so forth. Corpses can provide them with biomass. You need to incinerate everything it has infected or it's GG.
>>
>>388844960
In other words, you literally need an exterminatus.
>>
>>388833119
Point and laugh at the retard! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>
>>388833119
BIN THAT KNIFE
>>
>>388845051
Pretty much. The absolute worst case is if the Flood stops acting feral and starts using technology. They would just load up onto any form of transport and basically spread as far and fast as possible by any means neccessary.
>>
>>388835725
The spores instakill Chief if his shields are down.
>>
What would be worse, a Flood outbreak, or a Necromorph outbreak?
>>
>>388842164
The animated comic is an adaptation of a novel story. Specifically, it's from Halo: Evolutions, an anthology of short stories.
>>
>>388845321
Doesn't everything past Halo 1 instakill Chief if his shields are down?
>>
>>388845321
Not him but not in Halo 1 or 3.
>>
>>388845321

>tfw no shields in halo 3
>flood spore jumps on you
>hear "chomp chomp chomp" sound

That shit freaked me out when I first heard it
>>
>>388836949
Wasn't only half of Africa infected?
That's as much as the Elites glassed anyways
>>
>>388845571
No, in Halo 2 maybe, but I can get hit a couple of times unshielded in Halo 3 and 4, I don't know about Halo 5 since I haven't bought the game yet.
>>
>>388839725
>Flood start infecting other species and take control of the continent
>Aussies blame other countries for bringing it in
>>
>>388836949
Flood can only infect animals with sapient amounts of grey matter.
>>
>>388831376
>It would be like trying to get rid of all the sardines in the world, they multiply and migrate faster than you can destroy them.
Factually untrue, the populations in the north sea crashed like no tomorrow in the mid 1900's and it is only after having been completely protected and any fishing made illegal for half a century that the populations start to recover somewhat.
We are very capable of fishing the seas dry if we try.
>>
>>388845571
In Halo 2 onwards you still have a health value that regenerates slowly apart from your shields
You can still take some damage while shields are down but headshots and infection forms become instakills
>>
>>388845571
No they just do a lot of damage.
>>
>>388841086
>>388841269
>>388841390
>>388841424
The rookie dying was fine, having him live to be an S4 would ruin what makes him cool.

You are just assmad a character you like died/wanna bitch at 343, but the funny thing is 343 actually DID kill off a good character whose death negatively impacted the state of the universe and cut off good story threads, but nobody talks about it: Jul Mdama

>>388846632
>>388836949
The flood can infect and convert any organism into flood biomatter, but they can only infect sentient (they don't need to be sapient) organisms with a central nervous system into combat forms.
>>
>>388840692
You fucking nigger flood spores are the size of housecats and leap at you like facehuggers they're not monocellular organisms, it's a videogame, them being able to interact with earth-born carbon based life is already handwaved
>>
>>388837581
So if i, i mean alien species want to invade a planet i start with the United cuckdom, even africans have guns.
>>
>>388847296
This, the Rookie was just some one off character, I could care less if he died, he was about as impactful as Noble Six.
>>
>>388847697
>implying
Noble Six allowed Halo 1 to happen.
>>
>everyone here assuming they would target humans first
flood can also target animal species and quickly grow infection form numbers. From this point, I would imagine a city could collapse quickly.
>>
>>388847296
No, they need sapient. Sentient applies to most every animal on Earth.
>>
>>388835725
in cannon, any flood attack that breaks the skin can be lethal as spores can enter the body. This includes any physical attacks from combat forms and the like.
>>
>>388847829
No they can't. They've never done that.
>>
>>388848010
in the novels they have
>>
>>388847562
Not a spore
>>
>>388848096
Which ones specifically.
>>
>>388836457
This
>>
>>388847697
>>
>>388847814
The Fall of Reach allowed Halo 1 to happen, Bungie should have just left it like that.
>>
File: 250px-H2A_Render_FloodSpore.png (99KB, 250x274px) Image search: [Google]
250px-H2A_Render_FloodSpore.png
99KB, 250x274px
>>388835725
That is not a spore you're thinking of an infection form, the spores are about the size of a fingernail and float in the air clogging air ventilation systems and caking walls/floors
>>
Chicken noodle soup and sprite. Millions of lives could have been saved.
>>
>>388828194
We'd survive a few years once the liberal application if fire and napalm is approved. The moment they hit the higher tier forms though we're fucked. It took an ex-Covenant ship glassing half the continent of Africa to 'contain' a single infection, and the captain of said ship had to be talked down from glassing the entire planet. Modern mankind's closest equivalent is multiple nuclear bombs targetting the same area, however that said it's not guaranteed to wipe all of the Flood there, on top of rendering the area into Chernobyl times ten.
That said, the Flood laughibly beat us in the long run and within 20 years we've either nuked ourselves or are one with whatever Gravemind set his sights on us.
Oh, and that's 'modern' flood. Forerunner era Flood would have us in a week.
>>
>>388847956
>Sentient applies to most every animal on Earth.

Correct. You can see the flood infect animals in Halo Wars to use as combat forms.
>>
>>388845230
The true comedy about locking knives behind a pay wall is that now they use acid.
Acid attacks in the UK are becoming ever more common, because it's legal to walk around the streets carrying acid but not knives.
It's like how all Jap became pedos because of porn censoring while child pen0r or puss doesn't have to be censored.
>>
>>388828194
>that dab
Bungie think they slick
>>
File: 1454884010717.gif (92KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
1454884010717.gif
92KB, 500x340px
>>388841330
What if we combined the two? How fucked would the Haloverse be if a single X-parasite found its way onto a human or Covenant civilization?
>>
File: laughing cat.jpg (46KB, 357x334px) Image search: [Google]
laughing cat.jpg
46KB, 357x334px
>>388844798
Ali: So what's that all over the inside of the chamber?

Indigo: If I had to guess, I'd say that's the ghost girl.

Daniels: Did she explode?

Indigo: Maybe had an adverse reaction to dying twice.
>>
>>388831709
>lands in Australia
>becomes a healthy part of the ecosystem
>>
>>388850870
The fuck does X-parasite do exactly?
>>
https://youtu.be/yO6fydss0hU
Here you go
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.