[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw constantly dieing to the strike boss Didn't you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: Destiny-2.jpg (544KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2.jpg
544KB, 1900x1068px
>tfw constantly dieing to the strike boss
Didn't you say this game was casual as fuck? Why haven't I beaten the strike yet?
>>
>>388826152
>Why haven't I beaten the strike yet?
Because you suck at videogames.
>>
>>388826152
Cause you suck
>>
>>388826152
D2 DOA the beta is a solid 4/10
>>
>>388826152
>It's the games fault
laughingwhores.png
>>
>>388826152
How are you that retarded? Learn to spot the bosses attacks.
>>
>>388826152
Use cover and shoot his weak points

Not that hard
>>
The movement controls are clunky as fuck and the guns feel like pea shooters.
Or is it one of those games you have to play with a controller because the devs didn't bother to implement keyboard movement properly?
Optimization is ass too.
>>
>>388826534
Are we playing the same game?

I find the m&kb work great and the game runs just fine
>>
>>388826687
He's right game runs like shit you dumb fuck autist. Go back to your cancerous general.
>>
>>388826785
OP here, you're wrong. The game runs amazingly well, so my suckage doesn't come from poor game performance or optimization
>>
>>388826785
>hey the controls feel fine to me.
>G-GO BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT G-GENERAL Y-YOU AUTIST!?
Shitposting early today anon?
>>
>>388826687
Aiming is fine but running and jumping feels wonky. It almost feels like there's a delay between pressing the button and the execution. Already jumped off the map twice because of this.
>>
>>388826534
>>388826687
>shotgun
>point blank is one shot
>anything further than point blank is literal M&Ms
>feels good

Ya about as good as borderlands and its loot pinatas
>>
>>388826995
>Shot gun is a 1 hit kill power weapon
>"What the fuck, why can't I use it in long range!"
Because then it'd be a sniper rifle
>>
>>388826534
the only time movement feels bad is when you're sprinting I've noticed, toy around with the sub-class jump options.
>>
>>388826152
Shoot the boss's head. Make sure to cull the adds.
When he slams the ground and turns it red (or white later) jump or it'll do huge damage to you.
The final phase starts when you pop off his head. His exposed core in the belly becomes the weakpoint then. This phase will also spawn a ton of adds, so it may be a good idea to save your super for clearing them out.

Also remember you have a power weapon. Do big damage with that or use an explosive one to clear clumped adds.
>>
>>388827292
Spoken like someone who has never fired a gun in his life, honestly. I get it, it's a fantasy, but it's not for me bud. I'm no fan of ARMA or anything but that shit is dumb. Just opinions tho, it's a beta. Balance or whatever. vOv
>>
>>388827751
I'm talking about the archetypes of the guns in game, not how realistic they are. I'm sorry you look for realism in sci-fi fantasy games.
>>
>>388826152
Maybe cause you have brain damage. The entire mission was obviously tuned to be incredibly easy.
I wish there was more content, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.
>>
>>388826932
Why are you still here autist go back to your cancerous containment board.>>388826932
>>
I spent thousands of hours on destiny 1 and had a blast. Destiny 2 for better or worse is basically the exact same as destiny 1 with some minor changes. If you didn't like destiny 1 when it came out then you aren't going to like destiny 2, it's as simple as that.
>>
Is it just me or is the gameplay really, really simple? Skills, grenades etc. feel like they have a much too high cooldown to have any fun effect on the battlefield. Coming from a 100 hour marathon of Borderlands 2 + all its DLC recently, my friend and I were quite disappointed by the beta. Sure, there's no item drops yet so maybe that's that, but overall the character progression looks ULTRA light at best, they could have scrapped it altogether.
What difference does it make if I ascend quickly into the air when double jumping or quickly to the sides?
I was legit hyped to play this on PC finally but the beta gameplay left me wondering. At least the game looks and feels great
>>
>>388826534
>Optimization is ass too.

What the fuck are you talking about? This is the best running PC port we've had since nuDOOM
>>
the only phase i can imagine you are dying at is the middle one where he just stands in the middle, so - stand on the pedestals and take one step to the right behind the pillar if he targets you - or just jump in the air when he ground-slams and turns floor to lava if you aren't on the pedestal. grenade and rocket adds down quickly, shoot boss in his head/neck over and over.

thats it, congrats you are a pro now OP.
>>
>>388828795
welcome to bungie games
which are 5% gameplay and 95% hot air
>>
>>388826534
>Optimization is ass too.
I'm playing on medium (some settings on high) at 1440p stable 60fps on a GTX670. This is by far one of the most optimized games to come out in the last 5 years, if not the most optimized.

Say what you will about the game but it's amazingly optimized.
>>
>>388828795

i have no idea why classes exist at this point. you are right, the only flavor my class has is from an ult i use maybe 3 times in a whole strike. a grenade, a jetpack, a melee, and a generic buff circle are not filling the fantasy of a Warlock, and thats everything else i do.

bare in mind we have almost complete template classes in the beta - so this point is behind a hundred hours of time-gate and grind. this is my complete class fantasy, and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>388828795
>Skills, grenades etc. feel like they have a much too high cooldown to have any fun effect on the battlefield

Because they toned down abilities a ton because everyone bitched Destiny 1 was too crazy and random for require "skill". They fail to realize Destiny is not a competitive game in any way and toning it down will not help it, or rather I'm sure they know this but they'll squeeze out any e-sport potential the game has for a quick buck.

The ability and super nerfs affect PvE much more than PvP though, which is the aboslute worst thing, they shouldve just toned down supers or removed them entirely while keeping the regular cooldowns. You used to be able to get 3-4 grenades in the time you get to use just 1 in PvP
>>
>>388826152
thanks doc
>>
>>388826534
>"T-the optimization sucks!!"
>complaining about movement

Maybe movement wouldn't suck if you weren't playing on a 7 year old laptop, bitch boy.
>>
>>388829334
>>388829376
please tell me the beta is just holding out.

I tried warlock, and was really hoping the beta locked most shit, because i was not thrilled with the list of actions/customization i had.
>>
>>388828795
Lots of gear in D1 gives reduced cooldowns and ways to refresh cooldowns. None of the gear in this beta has modifiers.

It feels really wierd having minutes long cooldowns on skills thanks to this.
>>
File: speccy.jpg (96KB, 1438x888px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
96KB, 1438x888px
>>388829508
u mad son?
>>
>>388829641
There's another subclass, and typically it's full mmo style gear customization with stats.
>>
File: 1489175579081.jpg (51KB, 869x510px) Image search: [Google]
1489175579081.jpg
51KB, 869x510px
>>388829693
>gtx 1070
>think anybody is mad about your poorfag card
>>
>>388829641
Obviously, yes. No heroic version of strikes, locked out of second skillset for subclasses, limited armor and weapon pool that was really just the same 2-3 items, loot chests dropped from high value targets dont give you anything due to it being a beta.

But dont expect the cooldown and weapon balance to change, this is pretty much the final build of the game since it releases in a week
>>
>>388826152
i didnt know it was meant to be hard, i dont remember struggling
>>
>>388829901
Inb4
>No it-it-it's an old build! The devs said so!
>>
>>388826152
Esports killed this game
>>
>>388829815
old titan x,
single channel 16gb

are you serious
>>
File: 1454391419471.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1454391419471.gif
3MB, 220x212px
Hand Cannons are blatantly overpowered, in both PvE and PvP. And I don't see how people are complaining about the TTK being too long in PvP, it's short as fuck.

Are shotguns really limited to being only a power weapon?
>>
>>388827292
The shotgun in the beta really sucks though, he's not exaggerating when he says point blank
>>
>>388830187
Hand Cannons are shit long range and the best weapon in PVE is the Titan legendary you get.
>>
>>388830187
>>388830297
Hand Canons lack range, so they arent suited for PvE as well, BUT all three maps for the betas have been very small meaning handcanons dominate.
>>
I'm keeping my preorder. Game runs great and performs well. Did firestrike last night with friends and we beat it. My only complaint is warlock + handcannon is a little too OP right now.
>>
>>388828795
Cooldowns are tied to gear, none of the gear in the beta has any cooldown reductions. Even with decent gear you can be cutting 15-30 seconds off of everything.
>>
>>388826497
doesn't work in the last phase where he constantly chases you down. But if you die any time before that then yea it's your own fault.
>>
>>388826221
this. you really have to be bad to die in this strike from anything that is just dumb luck like falling off a ledge or something.
>>
>>388828501
Why did you quote twice? Are you THAT seething?
>>
>>388828795
There are usually only a handful of "builds", and they usually involve an exotic armor that gives an extra grenade or melee charge combined with some character perk that grants conditional cooldown reductions/resets and stacking your gear to 1-stat to make some gimmick-ass "infinite grenade" or "infinite melee" build.
>>
File: specc.png (17KB, 462x391px) Image search: [Google]
specc.png
17KB, 462x391px
Can someone who knows things about computers tell me if this frankenstein made of leftovers from my friends will run Destiny 2?
>>
>>388831768
not a problem
>>
File: 1474639530976.jpg (2MB, 1000x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1474639530976.jpg
2MB, 1000x1199px
>>388831845
thank you, friend. have a best class.
>>
> Sucking in a casual piece of shit game

No wonder it's getting worse years after years.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.