[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've finally played this holy grail of console gaming,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 19

File: destiny2.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
destiny2.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
So, I've finally played this holy grail of console gaming, and I really don't understand all the mass hysteria around it.
It's just Borderlands in space with always online DRM. Maybe the bigger raid dungeons do something different and more fun, I dunno, but so far I'm not impressed.
The backdrops look really pretty, won't deny that, but the character design, the armor and weapons are as generic and unremarkable as they get.
The supposed final boss of the entire game? Some faceless alien hulk in blocky armor. He would be a generic grunt enemy in any other FPS it feels.
>>
It only got hype because bungie knows how to marketing and make kids eat it up.
Really just is a pretty and more expensive borderlands.
>>
>>388814807
>Maybe the bigger raid dungeons do something different and more fun
The Raids are the highlight of the whole experience, they are outstanding pieces of content and you can't really find anything like them elsewhere. Everything else in the game, in Destiny 1 at least, was extremely lackluster compared to the Raid content.
>>
>>388814807
>the mass hysteria around it.

theres no mass hysteria, there's activision marketing and a somewhat disgruntled destiny 1 community
>>
>>388815440
This is sort of true. It was fun running raids for the first time to learn the ins and outs and secret chests. And it was so satisfying to finally get all the gear from a raid. But there was a lot of fun strikes in the game too. The strike in this Destiny 2 beta is pretty lackluster.
>>
>>388814807
played the beta yesterday. Basically just Borderlands combined with Warframe.

I'll just play Warframe.
>>
>>388815596
I mean the entire franchise, not just the sequel.
>>
>>388815652
im not getting it, there's only a single game out yet
>>
>>388815639
Its not like everything else is outright bad, but the Raids are on an entirely different level. The Inverted Spire strike is bog standard, which I think is the biggest issue. Aside from the scale and spectacle of the environments there is nothing special about the combat encounters leading up to the boss. I do like the boss itself though, it might be a straight up fight with no special mechanics but the boss is a lot more dynamic than any non-raid boss found in Destiny 1, it moves around a lot and its attacks aren't super predictable.
>>
>>388815739
Destiny 1 was super popular for some reason, despite not really doing anything new. And Destiny 2 had its own entire convention, and the presenters talking about some obscure game lore, as if it was common knowledge.
It just doesn't seem like a game that couldn't have been unveiled at a general expo, like E3. And I really don't get why it got so popular in the first place. It's a phenomenon.
>>
Raid is fun first 3 times and then it's me cause by that time you know where enemies spawn and what are blind spots. Killing same end game content over and over again gets boring really fast. By the time even you are good at Raiding your friends have stopped playing and you have to go to lfg. This means you will probably get a stoner, a black guy with 1$ mic living in a hood, a kid and his parents on the background, a guy who doesn't talk much but knows the Raid and then the liers who are doing their first Raid. Said Raid will take 5 hours cause people will drop out. So your taking another gamble. You suffer there for 5 only to be blessed by RNG.
>>
>>388814807
The raids are cool but the thing is, there was only 4 of them total. One in vanilla, and the other three slowly added over time (through paid DLC of course). The raids are fun but ONLY if you have a set of friends to do it with, and if you do, it's sooooo fucking easy you can just turn your brain off. You're basically playing a game for a specific experience that only feels fun ONCE and that's the first time going through it and discovering mechanics with your friends. And that experience is not worth 60$ and grinding for. I'm telling you, please do not buy into the hype OP. It's a genuinely shallow game that offers very little for an insane price.
>>
>>388815885
that's because Bungie still has a lot of pull
>>
>>388816003
Oh, you don't have to worry, I'm not buying into the hype, but I was wondering why so many people did.
>>
>>388815885
nah destiny 1 was highly anticipated but was largely seen as a disappointment and only held on to it's dedicated community because they made some actually good content in the form of expacs and charged extra for it.
>>
>>388816093
to add to that, there's no borderlands anymore, there's no co-op pve FPS anywhere, that's the niche this fills
>>
>>388814807
Subscribed.
>>
>>388814807
I played quite a bit of the first Destiny and the shooting mechanics really did it for me. But Warframe is pretty much the same thing with more stuff to do.
>>
>>388815941
>>388816003
Guess I just got lucky with the group I ended up with, but the Raids never got old for me at all. Outside of Crota which was a broken shitshow, I never really got tired of any of the Raids even after running them once or twice every week for months on end. It wasn't even about the loot, I just had a lot of fun Raiding. The encounters and boss fights are just really well done tightly designed things, they hold up on repeat play as long as you don't have retards dragging you down and ruining the experience.
>>
Kings Fall is best raid cause it exposes casuals.

>Picking up relics at the same time
>Relay race while Boomer Knight snipes your ass
>Jumping on plates in the right order and shootings mobs under pressure + timelimit
Golgoroth is easy if you have Gaze holder. Swear Bungie didn't expect people to abuse 1 orb strat
>Dildo wall can take hours if you can't jump
>Random person gets Taken and has to jump on platforms while clock is ticking. Also counting anti clockwise seems so hard for some

Everything you did lead up to Oryx and by that time you should be decent enough to kill her but nope that thing brings even the best player's to tears
>>
>>388814807
I agree, I felt like Borderlands had much better mobility in it's characters to be honest, Destiny only has "choose your type of double jump"; same thing with melee focused characters, not enough punch (eh!) and ability to stay healthy with so much shit blowing on screen.
>>
>>388816438
Wrath of the Machine is far better for that purpose. The Aksis fight is almost impossible if you have somebody who can't pull their weight.
>>
>>388814807
I had over 700 hours in it and yeah the 'story' missions are really bad, like the anon said the raid's what makes it so good. The exotic weapons are really rad as well.
Oryx is one of the best boss in vidya, shame people that don't play mp games won't get to experience it.
>>
>>388814807
> I really don't understand all the mass hysteria around it.
There is none? People went super quiet about Destiny 1 a few months after launch when nothing big was happening, and then another big splash for TTK "this is how it was supposed to launch!!" but nothing changed again.

People are just hoping they don't fuck up, again, and have a decent product. The biggest flaws of Destiny are uninteresting classes which still exist, and the content not being added onto without a 15/40 dollar expansion. They are already heading in a better direction with adding a patrol zone in the first expansion, maybe leading to every expansion adding a new patrol zone aka planet with playable space on it rather than Destiny 1 expansions just reusing existing planets and being stale as fuck for 1 entire year.

Every Destiny class needed a grenade skill is really lame, and atleast Hunters get a throwing knife but the melee skill itself is also stupid as fuck. They finally add another button to press, which is finally something unique between the 3. Except Hunters who just get a shit dodge that does nothing for the team.
>>
>>388816545
Oryx is only really good for the spectacle, its only an engaging encounter for the runner. Atheon and Aksis though are both probably the best bosses to ever feature in a shooter.
>>
Are there really only 3 classes?
>>
>>388816559
Destiny sure has more active skills than Borderlands, but they're still not really all that fun to use.
One is just a grenade, one is a melee passive, and the remaining utility skill isn't very impressive or engaging to use.
And the super charge you just blow off on elite enemies to oneshot them, like the Borderlands' only active skill.
Most of the time all three classes play pretty much identically, just using the guns and hiding behind covers to regen health.
I personally expected the classes to have more distinct roles like in classic fantasy MMORPGs. I actually feel like Destiny would benefit a lot from shifting focus from the standard FPS gunplay to more cooldown based skill heavy approach to combat.
>>
>>388816675
Damn, I'm replaying D1 in anticipation of 2 but never did those fights. Is the DLC worth it?
>>
>>388816762
Three classes, each with three subclasses to pick from.
>>
>>388816762
Yes but they're pretty fleshed out.
>>
>>388816806
And how big are these subclasses branched out?
The beta made me more afraid to try it if there is going to be so little content.
>>
>>388816762
3 classes each with 3 subclasses. In total 9 supers which is the only real unique aspect between classes. The problem with the classes of Destiny is they all have grenades and melee, and since the subclasses reflect the elements of Void/Solar/Arc the grenades are reused.
>>
>>388816803
Not anymore, if you had picked it up again over the summer you could have had the Age of Triumph event to play around with but at this point don't bother. If you want to see what you missed, try watching some playthroughs of the Raids.
>>
>>388816971
Thanks anon, I'll check it out.
>>
>>388816798
I think the supers are fine, but not all of them. The Dawnblade is super shit, and so is the Nova Bomb. The Arcstrider is cool, but its a reskinned Bladedancer. The Titan shield thing is cool though.
Grenades and melee are just uninteresting shit and clearly only exist to keep everyone the same for PVP/easier balancing.

>>388816879
You can load it up and switch between 2 in the beta, the passives are all different which may or may not be significant. Not sure how strong some of the stuff will be.
>>
>>388814807
>PS3 launch
>Literally no games
>Console audience, which never played online shooter co-op or MMO in general
>Millions of dollars for marketing from Activision
It's not exactly bad game per se, just mediocre and really overrated.
>>
>>388816559
>>388816798
>>388817031

I think the biggest problem keeping the classes from being more interesting is just how rarely you even get to use your skills. They just take forfuckingever to recharge to the point in the strike we have so far you only get to use either one maybe a handful of times. And fucking supers where you're lucky to pop them off twice, or only once if a decent chance never arrives early enough in the run so you get stuck saving it for the boss.

Honestly the most fun I've had in the beta so far is abusing the dodge/melee combo during the opening sequence on the one Hunter subclass where you can just spam them both constantly. Running around with 2 handcannons, bobbing and weaving between enemies and punching them in the nuts. Good shit.
>>
>>388816943
You are really undercutting the variety all the abilities provide, the melee and grenade abilities aren't just color changes. Speaking from the perspective of Destiny 1 here as we don't have a full picture of the D2 builds, and haven't even seen the third subclasses even though we know they exist thanks to leaks.

>Striker
Their melee ability is Stormfist, the highest damaging melee attack in the game; it could be paired with modifiers which made it insta-recharge sometimes after a kill, do AoE damage on activation, or give you super energy on kills. For grenades they had flashbangs which blind people and disable NPCs in PVE, pulse grenades which sent out an AoE pulse every couple of seconds, and lightning grenades which stuck to walls and shot lightning bolts out to lock down hallways and corridors.

>Defender
Their melee ability is disintegrate, killing somebody with it gave you an overshield; it could be modified to grant super fast reloads while it was up, make it so you generate tons of Orbs of Light while it is up, or make it so the overshield recharges instead of being destroyed if depleted. For grenades they had a sticky grenade which produced two explosions, a spike grande which stuck to walls and did a constant beam of damage, and a suppressor grenade which could knock people out of supers and prevent them from using any abilities.

>Sunbreaker
Their melee ability was Sunstrike, which lit people on fire; you could modify it with a debuff that makes a burning target take way more damage, have it so people that die to the attack explode causing AoE damage and creating a special thing called a sunspot, or make it so the ability recharges really fast or instantly if you kill someone. Sunbreaker did borrow grenades from the other two Solar classes though, its only unique one was thermite grenade which caused a big burning line of fire on the ground.

This was just the Titan classes, I could go on.
>>
this is miles better on pc holy shit
>>
>>388817396
In Destiny 1 there were attributes to lower cooldowns for everything, but those have been replaced. There will likely still be gear that lowers coolowns but it will be much more controlled.

>>388817431
I just remember the grenades, TTK Warlock Arc reusing the Titan Striker Pulse Arc nade. I believe the Solar Titan reused the Solar grenade too from the Sunsinger
>>
>>388817431
>its only unique one was thermite grenade which caused a big burning line of fire on the ground
Pretty sure the defender subclass has this one too.
>>
>>388817514
The Taken King subclasses all reused two grenades from other ones matching their element, they only got one unique one each.
>>
>>388817514

>In Destiny 1 there were attributes to lower cooldowns for everything, but those have been replaced. There will likely still be gear that lowers coolowns but it will be much more controlled.

I've heard as much, I'm hoping its just a poor choice of gear for the beta and not something that will reflect the experience in live.
>>
>>388817553
If you are talking about D2, that's Voidwall, which was originally a unique grenade the Nightstalker had. For some reason they removed Spike grenade and gave Voidwall to nu-Defender. Voidwall and Thermite grenade were different. Voidwall was a thin horizontal line which did constant damage, Thermite was a wide vertical line which came in waves.
>>
File: IMG_3021.png (529KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3021.png
529KB, 500x597px
The game looks great on PC, and is super well optimized. With a 1080Ti at 1440p on all highest it didn't seem to drop below 100FPS. It looks amazing too.

The game is boring as hell through, never played a game that's more of a bullet sponge simulator. Total garbage.
>>
>>388818148
I don't understand how people call Destiny bullet spongy at all. Basic enemies will go down in a few bullets, a single headshot from higher impact hand cannons and scout rifles usually. For shielded enemies you use matching elements to down them quick, for the named major enemies you can tear through them fast with abilities or power weapons. The boss in the strike goes down in like 5 minutes tops if everyone is using power weapons properly and not dying over and over again in the mid and final stages.
>>
>>388818442

Cause we played y1 Nightfalls
>>
>>388818442
It's not to do with the amount of bullets in this case, just that the combat has no complexity. It's not like CS for example where you have to control a recoil pattern, stop moving, aim for the head, time the first bullet inaccuracy between shots etc. You can pretty much just hold W and mouse1 and win, it's boring. Obviously I'm not expecting a game like Destiny to play like CS, but you get my point that it lacks depth.

Even gunplay mechanics aside, the AI you fight are boring. Halo was notable for the AI reacting to shit. Like Brutes raging when you shoot their armour off, grunts fleeing when health is low (or going suicide mode), shit like that. The enemies in this could just be all copy pastes of eachother with different health amounts.
>>
>>388818584
If it was a shitty nightfall without burn modifiers, sure.
>>
>Enemies spawn during boss fights so you can kill them for ammo because bosses are such bullet sponges
Amazing
>>
I think my biggest issue with this game is that there's not anywhere near enough weapon drops. If it wants to be like borderlands, it should be FLOODING ME with new weapons and giving me the option to trade up at least once every 30 minutes. Not a fan of this MMO design mentality where you've gotta get your EPICS and until you go for a more difficult raid you'll not get anything better than what you have
>>
>>388818660
If you want mechanical depth, that is mostly all backloaded into the Raid content. The Raid fights are totally different from the Strike bosses, the Raid encounters in general don't play like the rest of the game.

>Even gunplay mechanics aside, the AI you fight are boring. Halo was notable for the AI reacting to shit. Like Brutes raging when you shoot their armour off, grunts fleeing when health is low (or going suicide mode), shit like that.
Destiny does have stuff like that though. If you shoot a Vex with enough non-precision hits you knock their chassis off and they go into a rage mode and charge at you guns blazing. Hive enemies in D1 also had an enrage mechanic where they would regen a big chunk of their health and do increased melee damage. Fallen behave similarly to the Covenant AI in Halo, the weaker units stay clustered around the big ones and they route if you kill them. Cabal were the most underdeveloped in D1, their only real thing was jetpacking around and jumping on top of you.
>>
>>388818832
I think most raid bosses in MMOs have adds, extra management.
>>
File: vicarious visions.png (35KB, 768x952px) Image search: [Google]
vicarious visions.png
35KB, 768x952px
>>388818148
>well optimized
>running a monster GPU
it's at 70% done
it doesn't use more than 8 threads, the engine has trouble feeding cores at higher frames even though physics couldn't be that taxing when distributed, there are graphics options missing and it doesn't even look that good for it's demand
a Vulkan port would be great
>>
>>388818956
The beta is not representative of how loot works in the actual game at all, they honestly really dropped the ball there more than anything. Just watch some of the EDZ gameplay footage if you want a better idea of what the loot actually looks like.
>>
>>388814807
But normies like borderland even if it is shit.
>>
>bosses should die quickly reeeee why do I have to keep shooting it.

Only bosses in this game are "damage sponges".
Which is fine cause it's the fucking Bosses.
Even Elite versions of regular mooks die quickly.
>>
File: 41115533.png (847KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
41115533.png
847KB, 800x600px
Are you going to buy their game?
>>
>>388819094
>it doesn't even look that good for it's demand
Meh, it looks pretty good in my opinion. There's just so much going on that it's hard to take in, it's like a Transformers film in that regard. It's probably the best looking game I've played, but I don't really play a whole bunch of AAA super grafffixxxxxxx games so I dunno.

The PvP portion doesn't look as great as obviously there's less going on, but that's to be expected.
>>
>>388819094
And the majority of PC games don't even use more than 4 threads, why are you acting like "only" 8 is somehow bad?
>>
>>388817442
It's fantastic on PC. I can run it at 40-60fps in 4K with everything but DoF and AA turned to max. I'm actually kind of bummed out that I have to get it for Xbone, because that's what all my friends are going to be playing it on.
>>
File: 1482095810510.jpg (52KB, 604x455px) Image search: [Google]
1482095810510.jpg
52KB, 604x455px
>>388819906
>I have to get it for Xbone because that's what all my friends are going to be playing it on
Same.
>>
>>388814807
i'm kinda glad to finally play destiny, i loved the pre-4 halo games
game looks and feels pretty good although i'm disappointed at how dry and short the beta is
everyone keeps saying it's like warframe so maybe i'll go try that since it's free to play
i guess the thing that worries me about destiny 2 is that it seems like you'd really want to have friends to play with but i don't have any
>>
>>388819906
>>388821328
cucks
>>
>>388821494
Its definitely nothing like Warframe. Warframe is alot faster pace, but it has a MASSIVE fuck ton of grind or pay2notgrind.
>>
>>388821328
>>388819906
Just tell your friends to get it for PC, it runs on toasters and they can use a controller if they insist on gimping themselves.
>>
File: 1445672899187.jpg (207KB, 1500x961px) Image search: [Google]
1445672899187.jpg
207KB, 1500x961px
>all the mass hysteria around it
There is no mass hysteria regarding either game.
Unless you're an OP posting loaded question fallacy baits of course.
Destiny is not "super popular". We don't have regular threads about it here at normal /v/ for a reason, and anyone at /vg/ hates it but can't break the habit.

Stop thinking that hating Destiny is some mega contrarian guaranteed replies troll of the century.
>>
>>388821827
/v/ hates any mp game not made by Blizzard who cares what those shitters think.
>>
>>388819396
their engine is multi-core from the start
they could've pushed it further if they spent a bit more money on a porter instead of activisions little bro

PS4 / Xbone is running a 7870 with 4+4 Jaguar cores at 1.6Ghz to produce 30fps
modern "gaming" PCs at 3.0-4.0 Ghz and waay better graphics processors with massive video memory should blow through this much easier
>>
>>388818148
It's not well optimized, the game is just not that graphically intensive to begin with, it just has great style to compensate. And you're running it with one of the best cards on the market. Turning everything to Low barely changes how the game looks at all, so its likely that any weaker setups will struggle hard even with Low settings.
>>
>>388814807
Warframe has better customization, better movement, more content, and is free.
>>
my friend told me that the "magic" in destiny basically revolves around some magical dragons that the humans then purged from existence.

is that true?
>>
>>388822701
Your friend has an autistic amount of interest in Destiny's backstory. You should watch out for him, make sure he doesn't walk into traffic or fall into a manhole.
>>
>>388822801
he doesn't leave his house as far as I know.
>>
>play beta, never played destiny 1
>pick hunter, go co-op mode
>guns seem pretty bland, less imaginative than from fps games in the 90s
>combat feels boring, guns don't feel satisfying to use
>try combining melee kills since apparently I have abilities that combo off it
>still feels bland
>visuals are nice enough
>music is dull

am I missing something? maybe I'm too old for this shit, but where are the interesting fps guns like from unreal and quake that feel completely different from each other?
>>
>>388822519
>free
Only if you have ungodly amounts of free time to grind.
>>
>>388821543
>>388821698
Two of my friends are NEETs, another two of them have kids, and another one is in college. They are all poorfags with only one console, and the few of them that even have a computer have 15 year old laptops that can play solitaire or run Notepad. I'm the only one working with no kids, so I actually bought the Xbone just so I could play with them.
>>
>>388816438
King's Fall is fun the first time but really annoying every other time after because theres always dumbfucks who cant do it right.
>>
>>388815639
>The strike in this Destiny 2 beta is pretty lackluster.
It's far more active with the constantly changing environments and mancannons. It's a bit too long, but so far way more memorable than the strikes from the first game that were just run through hallways until you get to sit in a corner and plink away at the bullet sponge boss who is a giant copy of a standard enemy. Destiny 1 strikes were like something out of an amateur game dev project. They really need to get over this fear of alienating stupid players and incorporate more raid type mechanics into average content.
>>
>>388823126
No, you're not.
>>
>>388815639
>>388823336
Something I noticed is that while the strike in the beta does have a "defend this spot" part, it's really quick and you barely notice it
>>
File: 1486461233858.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486461233858.png
168KB, 400x400px
So I haven't seen an answer to this yet, how much of destiny 2 is going to be soloable/doable through matchmaking? Am I going to be missing out on most shit if I don't have a group set up to run things with, that's most of the reason I never bothered with destiny 1 having to have a premade group to do raids with made the game not worth it even though I liked the concept.
>>
File: 133186557214.png (281KB, 765x540px) Image search: [Google]
133186557214.png
281KB, 765x540px
I was hoping the campaign would be better in 2, but what i played, that's a big nope

It's still a literal hallway shooter, fuck even COD has more flanking than D2
The characters are still as obnoxious & forgettable as ever, changing voice actors & removing "i don't have time to explain" doesn't change anything Bungie

I guess Destiny's focus is on the raids, but still, the Halo games had great campaigns, it's a shame to see Destiny's campaign be so mediocre
>>
>>388823428
I think everything has matchmaking this time, even raids, but only for regular difficulty.
>>
>>388823428
There's going to be a matchmaking-like system for finding randoms to play with, basically they're integrating those LFG sites into the game. You can use it for everything except for hard mode raids.

You won't miss out if you don't have a static raid group. I played D1 from the start and always raided with randoms, in three years of playing I never raided with the same people twice and I got to do everything, cleared every raid on hard more times than I can count including the special challenges.
>>
>>388823487
>Halo games had great campaigns

Only level design wise
>>
>>388823497
>>388823685
>but only for regular difficulty
That's fine I have some actual mmo's for my autism grinding I just enjoy rpg shooters, so if lfg is getting added I'll pick it up
>>
>>388823428

Everything but Raids.
But also possibly raids this time around.

Since there's a feature for clans to recruit randoms for raids.
So it's not technically matchmaking, but you can find groups IN THE GAME ITSELF INSTEAD OF OUT OF GAME WEBSITES REEEEE
>>
>>388815648
I stopped playing Warframe after spending money to get Equinox and now everything is so different I'm scared to play again
>>
File: 1498287366524.gif (313KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498287366524.gif
313KB, 500x500px
>>388823898
>spending money to get Equinox
>>
File: 1290090257638.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1290090257638.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
Played the open beta for 2 hours, came out displeased and somehow disappointed.
On one hand Bungie art design and setpieces are always nice to look at, but the game design is flawed in its very origin.

It's a Shooter with the worst pieces of MMORPG design at its core, and with none of the cool things MMORPG do(namely, the "MM" part).
Enemies are designed to be hitsponges, the boss was pretty boring, and the warlock is only useful in PvE as in PvP it's mostly a handicap.
As for what I could play in the beta everything felt like taking out the trash or washing the dishes, IE a fucking chore.

I had played the original at my cousin's house and it was just as bad by the way, at least this one being on PC fixes the loading times.
It's not worth the full price, let alone your time, as it's designed as the average skinner box.
Too bad, because Bungie's talents for art and lore is wasted on this.
>>
People were memeing how good the gunplay was in this game, and I seriously don't see it. It doesn't even have at least the elemental secondary effects that Borderlands has.
>>
>>388814807
PVP is very awkward on PC. The fact that the entire game was designed for console controllers really sticks out in crucible, and it doesn't feel right.
If they get enough engaging pve content with launch, it might be a pretty good game. But having said that we all know what happened to the first game and there isn't much hope.

Still gotta give credits for great port and optimization, the game feels really smooth and pulls pretty stable 60fps on my 1050ti at almost the highest settings.
>>
>no loot crates
>not enough cosmetics
>no steam marketplace
why should I play this?
With PUBG I can make mad cash, why the fuck should I play some game where I can't even buy crates?
>>
>>388814807
>holy grail of console gaming
you mean halo 3 in the year 2008-2009
>>
File: 1478659696878.png (115KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
1478659696878.png
115KB, 636x440px
>>388814807
>Borderlands in space
>Borderlands
>in space
>>
File: 1494468352834.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494468352834.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>plugging in an xbox controller turns on aim assist for mouse
>trying to play pvp with people with built in auto aim
>>
>>388824976
ahahahahahahahahahaahahahah
>>
>>388818148
Why do people do this?
>I have the strongest GPU on the market right now
>Games pretty optimized guys!
>>
Honestly I quite enjoyed the Beta. I do feel the Strike was pretty generic but I had fun with the overall mechanics.

Titan is fun but maybe Warlock is more versatile, haven't tried it yet.

Do we know the number of Strikes and Raids of launch? that's gonna be the selling point for me.
>>
>>388814807
Really wanted some new coop game, so I kept an eye on it. Followed news, checked videos, and tried it.

Meh/10.
Worth maybe 5$ or so.
>>
>>388814807
you're playing a dead game basically. the real game was pvp and the raids and the climate that surrounds both has changed as the game has progressed. what you're playing now doesn't have the same weight as it had when the game was truly alive.

the actual campaign is just the reminder that they released this game as an unfinished mess
>>
What's the open world in this game like?
>>
>>388814807
The movement controls are clunky as fuck and the guns feel like pea shooters.
Or is it one of those games you have to play with a controller because the devs didn't bother to implement keyboard movement properly?
>>
>>388818148
35 fps on a 290.
The game is optimized like ass.
>>
>>388826279
Works great on my machine :^)
>>
I saw a commercial that offered a kill counter as a pre order bonus for Destiny 2. I laughed my ass off at this garbage franchise, patted myself on the back a few more times for skipping it altogether despite the shilling back when Destiny came out, and went back to forgetting that it exists.
>>
File: 1471387147625.png (96KB, 297x237px) Image search: [Google]
1471387147625.png
96KB, 297x237px
Is it just me or is the gameplay really, really simple? Skills, grenades etc. feel like they have a much too high cooldown to have any fun effect on the battlefield. Coming from a 100 hour marathon of Borderlands 2 + all its DLC recently, my friend and I were quite disappointed by the beta. Sure, there's no item drops yet so maybe that's that, but overall the character progression looks ULTRA light at best, they could have scrapped it altogether.
What difference does it make if I ascend quickly into the air when double jumping or quickly to the sides?
I was legit hyped to play this on PC finally but the beta gameplay left me wondering. At least the game looks and feels great
>>
>>388825156
Having a 1080Ti doesn't mean the game will run great. I'm still using it with a 3570K (at 4.7), so I'm CPU limited in a lot of games, I'm just happy it isn't CPU bottlenecked at all, GPU usage is pegged above 90% pretty much the whole time.
>>
>>388818148
I would have gotten to jail for that broad
>>
File: 1376998756074.jpg (77KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1376998756074.jpg
77KB, 500x375px
Going to be one of the top 3 console games of 2017 easily and every expansion pack it'll probably shoot up to most popular game besides maybe PUBG on Xbox.

It's fun, but you need to realize your just playing a shiny MMO + Monster Hunter + Halo + Diablo game. It's unique and doesn't have any competition currently, which is why it's popular on consoles. Consoles lack longterm grinding games so Destiny fills that niche.
>>
File: 2017.08.31-13.19.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017.08.31-13.19.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>388826279

that's literally a lie
>>
>>388826279
750TI
Game ran without any issue on high.
>>
File: dumb penguin.jpg (130KB, 832x1049px) Image search: [Google]
dumb penguin.jpg
130KB, 832x1049px
>>388825156
You realise there are a billion games out there that look way worse that Destiny 2, but use way more GPU power, right?
>>
>>388826947
>>388826905
>NVIYDA goyworks sponsored game
Sounds like they're at it again.
>>
>>388826725
Sad but true. I just want more online coop games. I'm even looking forward to MGSurvive.
>>
>>388826279
>AMDcucks BTFO again
when will they ever learn
>>
>>388827117
>Able to max any game that isn't optimized like wet diarrhea
>Almost all NVIDIA titles had optimization problem at launch and months after
>KEK AMDFAGS BTFO
Another shekel for the good goy.
>>
>>388827248
hey you're the one with problems, not me
>>
>>388814807
>So, I've finally played this holy grail of console gaming, and I really don't understand all the mass hysteria around it.

this is how i felt when i played halo for the first time
>>
>>388827575
Halo PC CE was GOAT though.
Xbox kiddies haven't a fucking clue on what they missed out on.
>>
>>388827395
literally all the cards are underperforming
get the people who did Vanquish to port it
>>
>>388827672
>literally all the cards are underperforming
>literally people without problems in this thread
>>
If you have performance problems just run the game in full screen instead of borderless window, it makes a difference.
>>
>>388827575
Halo was pretty nice. It felt like the HL of console gaming, a huge important milestone in the history of console FPS.
>>
>>388827721
>take screenshot with 60fps on a ryzen 1600 and r9 290
>the only reply is literally shitposting against nvidia
>the faggot lying about getting 30 on his 290 gets bunch of shitposts in return

yeah, it's almost as if /v/ isn't full of retards who just want to spout shit about stuff they know nothing about
>>
>>388827721
My frames are jumping all over the place from 90+ fps all the way down to mid 30's.
It's kind of annoying.
>>
>>388824976
so that's why aiming felt a bit weird (didn't play pvp tho)
>>
Seems like a good game to buy at half price on kinguin or other websites like that
>>
i7-3770, 1050ti@2ghz, 60fps high/ultra with AA lowered to SMAA and some tweaks for playability(no HDR/DoF)
>>
Really though, they should just make grenade mods an item drop just like every other game so they can use that slot for something potentially interesting.
>>
>>388827721
yes, for that visual quality, it shouldn't be that taxing
there's a huge gap between 60fps and 120+fps that there is no point in getting a powerful PC since the performance tapes off, there is not even much difference past "medium" settings and last, last generation GPUs can run it just 60 at that
I'm saying that it doesn't scale straight with newer hardware which would piss anybody who built a new "gaming" computer off

shit's not optimized yet
>>
File: c64.jpg (26KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
c64.jpg
26KB, 600x788px
>Have Discord running in background
>Insane mouse input lag
>Shut down Discord
>Input lag is gone

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>388829467
put the game in full screen, not borderless window
>>
File: 1479393431541.png (209KB, 375x391px) Image search: [Google]
1479393431541.png
209KB, 375x391px
>>388824976
>playing pvp in a shooter
twitchkiddies need to go
>>
>>388824976
Why are all console shooters casual as fuck?
WTF is the deal?
Are there any console shooters that AREN'T casual as fuck?
>>
>>388830882
>why are games where depth of skill stems almost entirely from accuracy and reflexes casual as fuck on a platform that doesn't allow anywhere near as much precision or reaction speed
Of course there aren't. But being a casual game isn't the same as being a bad game.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.