[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, how is the game? Is it any good? The core gameplay looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: mrkb-header-desktop_291920[1].png (1MB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
mrkb-header-desktop_291920[1].png
1MB, 1280x540px
/v/, how is the game? Is it any good?
The core gameplay looks good and the soundtrack sounds incredible from what I've heard but how is the difficulty curve and map design? Is it consistently challenging? Does it have plenty of depth and replay value?
I'm genuinely curious how the people on /v/ who have bought it are enjoying it.
>>
>>388812632
>how is the game? Is it any good?
Are you desperately thirsty for a new Switch game with literally no other game on Switch, or any other hardware to turn to? If so, then you pretty much have to get it.
>>
It's pretty damn fun. Pick it up.
>>
Is there a reason why I can't pick Luigi after picking Peach for my team?
>>
>>388814318
The game forces you to not neglect the Rabbids. Ubisoft knew we would try that shit, so they, rather comically, implemented it so that you have to have at least one Rabbid on your team at all times.
>>
>>388812632
Just finished up with a two hour session. The game is a fine enough entry level TBS but it the shallowness of combat options and boring overworld makes it better suited for burst play rather than proper session play---which fits into the Switch's ethos.
>>
The game is pretty challenging and fun, the movement is crazy
I don't know if it has replayability but it has tons of challenges
>>
Wait, is it required to have mario on the team?
>>
File: 100fresh.png (75KB, 410x377px) Image search: [Google]
100fresh.png
75KB, 410x377px
>>388812935
Stay mad
>>
File: supa.jpg (6KB, 200x152px) Image search: [Google]
supa.jpg
6KB, 200x152px
anyone else really want to fuck this guy?
>>
>>388814431
That's actually pretty hilarious.

That said, I'd be perfectly fine with it if we could at least have 4 characters on the team instead of only 3.
>>
>>388814963
Id rather fuck the cartoon turtle he has been travailing with.
>>
>>388814609
I don't think there's much replay after getting 100% unless there's an unlockable hard mode, but it seems like it has a good amount of content as it. Looks to be about 30 maps per world if you include the challenge maps that appear after beating the boss, and there's also the co-op maps accessible from the castle area.
>>
>>388814882
Nope.

Just have to have one rabbid and one non-rabbid on the team, other than that there's no* rules about team construction.

*DK for some reason doesn't count as either, so you would then have to have one rabbid AND a regular character if you add him - I have a feeling it's more a glitch than anything and will get patched out.
>>
>>388815026
The co-op maps are 4 characters. It's supposed to be 2 per player, but it should be easy for one person to do both.
>>
>>388815114
Are you sure?
I don't have the game at hand right now to check, but I'm fairly sure it forces to use Mario
>>
>>388814882
Yes, Mario and one Rabbid, your third choice is completely up to you.
>>
>>388815265
As far as I know it does, at least for the first few worlds.
Honestly the team restrictions are probably just so that there's always Mario and a rabbid to appear in any cutscenes.
>>
>>388815265
Only for the tutorial levels, a select couple in chapter 1 and 1 very specific story mission in chapter 2. Other than that you're completely free to use whoever.
>>
>>388812632
>soundtrack sounds incredible

It sounds like generic AAA dreck. No offense to Grant.
>>
>>388815470
Did you actually get past the first world?
>>
>>388815397
>>388815357
>>388815265
>>388815114
ok i have no idea what the correct answer is
>>
>>388814318
You must have a Rabbid. Honestly I would have liked a four man squad even if it meant 2 Rabbids were required. The main 4 are pretty subdued in comparison to the typical Rabbids.
>>
>>388815610
You need Mario on the team unless you have a Rabbid on the team, and then you can pick and choose everyone else as long as you have one-non rabbid.
>>
>>388815114
>DK
Bullshit he's playable. Prove it.
>>
File: IMAG0513.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0513.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>388815610
I booted the game and started phone posting because I needed to double check.
No matter who I added/removed from the party, Mario was not allowed to be removed. This mihht change, because I'm only in World 3, but this is an actual picture of the game.
>>
>>388812632
It's pretty good. I just did the first world, and the game started to be difficult since the 1-7 level for me. You unlock capacities wich add more possibilities and strategies. I didn't expect it to be this enjoyable, but I really like it, and hope there will be more.
>>
File: This is mildly confusing.png (794KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
This is mildly confusing.png
794KB, 1280x800px
>>388814963

Spawny is not for fugs, just hugs.

Also, are you seriously implying you would legit fuck a Rabbid?
>>
>>388815845
dissappointing
>>
>>388812632
I had to choose between this and xcom2 dlc and got the latter (i love it so far). How's the Mario game?
>>
>>388816268
Simplified in certain aspects, but Mario-Rabbids focuses more on mobility than on the combat strategy for it's tactics. It's more about figuring out chaining together dash attacks, team jumps, finding higher ground, and still ending up in cover at the end of it. Battles only take a few turns because of the amount of actions you can make and the lack of as much random chance in the shots, but it can become a back and forth because the enemies also have access to these skills and attributes, especially in the later levels.
>>
File: tulls.jpg (87KB, 615x457px) Image search: [Google]
tulls.jpg
87KB, 615x457px
>>388815114
>DK
Wait, what?
>>
File: n-nani.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
n-nani.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>388815114
>DK
>>
>>388812632
It's a fantastic game so far.

Difficulty in normal maps is way below XCom in normal but challenge maps are more interesting. Where the game has depth is in the mobility options mostly, the skill tree is basic and weapons usually only differ in their special effects (slow, pushback etc).

Music is absolutely top tier, reminds a lot of Viva Pinata.
>>
WHEN IS NEW PIKMIN IM THIRSTY FOR THROWING PLANTS
>>
>>388814431

I have generally preferred the rabbids' abilities and weapons, so I don't mind that I'm forced to have one.
>>
>>388815114
>DK
I saw the boss rabbid, are you saying actualy DK can be a party member too?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.