[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Healer mains, why do you do it? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
Healer mains, why do you do it? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy healing, but not more than tanking/DPS. I could never main it. What do you enjoy about it more than tanking or DPS? I don't know about all games, but I know in WoW it's always been a little more painful doing routine things like your daily quests and whatnot as a healing spec. I find healing a fun break from tanking and DPSing, but I could never imagine myself healing 90%+ of the time.
>>
>>388810984
Healing is an easy ass job and you can blame others when you fuck up. Healer mains just don't have the balls to play classes that matter.
>>
>>388811108

I definitely feel that with certain games. Overwatch for example. Lucio and Mercy are easy as fuck to play, but both of them bore the hell out of me. I played on a local competitive team where we did nearby tournaments at the colleges around here and what not, and they wanted me to Lucio main. After a while I said fuck it and stopped playing with them because Lucio wasn't challenging to play, and I know I could do better at DPS/Tanking than some of them were doing, but everyone refused to play a healer.
>>
>>388810984
I like feeling like I'm actually contributing, but in most games tanking is too hard so I settle for healing.
>>
>>388810984
I enjoy supporting my team, buffing them and healing them.

I enjoy tanking and DPSing but I feel like a strategist when I play technical characters, specially when my DPS is good and there's synergy between us.

It takes a really little man to make fun of someone who is bringing your full potential and a even smaller one to talk shit about the healer role when they are not good healers themselves.
>>
In WoW:
Healing was such a fucking easy task compared to the alternative, there were less people competing over the gear you'd need, and it had a much faster queue than DPS. I could never stand playing DPS and hear everyone constantly circlejerking over damage meters and who was doing best/worst each fight.

Though I played both Healer and Tank more or less the same amount.
>>
File: 20080922211849s.jpg (28KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
20080922211849s.jpg
28KB, 450x337px
I honestly think the healslut meme is somewhat justified because I think it takes a real streak of masochism to main a healer...its a lot like a woman who stays with a broken and damaged man that beats her in a drunken rage every other night.

Best way I can explain it is the desire to be appreciated and also feeling like feeling "good" about yourself for performing a role that is considered altruistic.
>>
File: 1461250345190.png (99KB, 204x196px) Image search: [Google]
1461250345190.png
99KB, 204x196px
i like having agency, and healers (when played properly) allow you to contribute in a way the other roles simply can't. I can save people who make mistakes, pump out extra damage if my healing is good enough, cheese mechanics, make my dps into killing machines with buffs, keep a dps from dying after a tank loses hate etc. the list goes on. While it is true that a lot of people play healers because they are often a straightforward and simple role, a great healer can make a huge difference. In addition, healers often have non-linear optimization of fights which keeps you busy as you are constantly trying to improve on the fly.

I'm not saying its some super patrician role or some shit like that, but i hate being in a party and being unable to help give my team and give them extra boost they need to succeed. Playing healer lets me make my whole party excel if i work at it, and the other roles simply can't contribute in that way.
>>
>>388810984
I don't trust other people to heal for me.
>>
>>388810984
I like to decide who lives and who dies.
>>
>>388810984
>inb4 Sissy white boy general
>>
File: 1461075278882.jpg (79KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461075278882.jpg
79KB, 600x720px
DPS main here. Straight male, no gay shit. here's my opinion on all healers (girls and traps)

DESU I prefer having trap Healer over girl healer, because a trap is still a boy who's popular been gaming for many years before he decided to become trap, meaning that the success rate in whatever content we are attempt is much higher with them on my team.

Girls trend to join gaming because their boyfriend or someone else got them into gaming very recent even through their younger/older brother has been a gamer his entire life and she could have been playing video games at a younger age. Thus the damsel in distress mentality when she fucks up at doing healing.

Also, a trap can play other classes too. A girl can only play Healer.

Trap Healer > Girl Healer

However, I really hate Traps attitudes. They get mad at the smallest shit and blow it up when it not even that serious. Good gamers, but terrible human beings.
>>
>>388810984
I like cocks
>>
>>388812473
Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>388813362
This is actually pretty true. Dealing with traps out of principle seems not worth, even if they are better players unless the game has no teamspeak or chat option.

A girl healer trying her best even if not all that good is fairly endearing if she has a good attitude about it and gets along with the team.
>>
File: 1473025262876.jpg (6KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
1473025262876.jpg
6KB, 200x212px
>>388811995

>played vanilla WoW a few months ago
>be mage
>5 classes rolling for spelldamage
>>
>Pick healer because I just want to press buttons
>Tanks are usually competent at their job
>IQ of dps is basically a diceroll with disadvantage and always makes mistakes, but there are so many you can kick them and find another dps instantly
>>
File: ayy bitch suk mah diq.png (410KB, 641x370px) Image search: [Google]
ayy bitch suk mah diq.png
410KB, 641x370px
>>388810984
>implying Seris is a healer, and not a murder machine that occasionally heals when she isn't wiping entire teams with her ult
>>
File: sairiaoh.png (337KB, 606x681px) Image search: [Google]
sairiaoh.png
337KB, 606x681px
Because I miss the days when MMOs were about playing in groups, and playing as a healer meant I could always get a group and meet new friends and get loot no one wanted because it was for healers and everyone wanted to be DPS.

Note: i've not healed in over 10 years in fantasy MMOs, but I fly logistic cruisers and force aux (previously triage archons) in EVE, but in that game I mainly build shit for my alliance while making bank
>>
>>388813719
>competent Tanks
hnnnngg
I forgot how big a role this plays. The joy of working with a good tank who does his duty well and is super cool and pleasant to deal with makes supporting him feel really great. Usually Tank mains are the most competent and reliable class almost always and its nice to get in on that and help them be their best and carry the team.

Fuck I think I am starting understand female sexuality.
>>
>>388814063
Even better when you befriend a good tank and often group up
Shit talking dps all day just to kick them and then open up another can of willing dps starved of parties who want to group them
The whole trinity thing is just to fool dps into thinking they are needed when in reality there is always another dps with a better attitude then them
>>
>>388810984

Because in the end, I'm really just a cumdump for cock
>>
The only game I main healer in is FF14. Healing in that game seems a lot more interesting, and getting your rotation down for some of the savage fights is equally as difficult if not more than some of the DPS jobs.
>>
>>388810984
>>388811995
>>388812724

90% of the time for them is 4 hours a week. It's not that much.
>>
File: guild wars monk tattoos.jpg (35KB, 260x598px) Image search: [Google]
guild wars monk tattoos.jpg
35KB, 260x598px
>>388810984
"maining" a role across any and all games is pure autism. I main different roles depending on the game. If a game has really good fun healer roles then I'll main healer. For example, Monk from Guild Wars and Medic from Team Fortress 2 are fun as fuck in my opinion. But I would never main Mercy from Overwatch because that's the most boring shit I have ever played in my life. Same with most MMO healer roles.
>>
Its 100% dependent on the game. I have played Everquest for 16 years. In that time the only thing i could truly enjoy is tanking. But for other games, its not the case. I was Controller or Stalker in City of Heroes, and FFXIV has me playing White Mage almost exclusively. For me, it just has to mesh with my mindset at the time, and classes as they compare to the style of gameplay.

Outside of MMOs its a crapshoot too. Overwatch I am married to Winston, TF2 i was Spy, HOTS I tend to split between Support and Warrior, and CRPGs I look for the classes that have the most CC options. It really just depends
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.