[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is like playing through an anime, its fucking perfect.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: tales of berseria.jpg (37KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
tales of berseria.jpg
37KB, 460x215px
This game is like playing through an anime, its fucking perfect. Second best Tales I've ever played
>>
Shit did I wait too long to discuss this on /v/
>>
Fuck you guys then
>>
>>388810967
>second best Tales
Then what is your best then?
>>
>>388810967
It was awesome
>>
>>388811861
berseria
>>
This game was so fucking boring I quit like 5 hours in. Maybe I just don't like tales games because I thought zestiria was boring as fuck also
>>
>just mash the buttons for a shit story

Remember when Tales had deep combat?
>>
>>388812217
Zesteria was bad and Bedseria was Mediocre.
Play Vesperia and Xillia 2
>>
>>388810967
I enjoyed it but Velvet was broken af.

>>388812217
Try Vesperia. If you don't like that either then this series isn't for you
>>
>>388811313
Yeah, should have done this back in january or february.
>>
>Nostalgia friends insist Symphonia is one of their favorite games
>We play through Vesperia
>They try to play Symphonia again and get bored after a couple hours
Its interesting seeing the goggles slowly peeling off their faces battle by battle
>>
I'm playing Symphonia right now, planning on playing Berseria after
Is that alright or should I play in a diff order?
>>
>>388812579
I played Symphonia for the first time as my first Tales game about 4 years ago and though it was very good.
>>
>>388810967
I thought the soul-stealing combat was cool thematically but in practice felt too feast-or-famine where you could get screwed over and get stuck on two souls (or god forbid you eat a status and go to one soul).

Liked the characters, though mostly found them funny for how edgy they desperately wanted to be. At least Rokuro had a good sense of humor about it, everyone else had serious sticks up their asses.

Equipment upgrading was a hassle and felt like it worked against the skill-learning philosophy of wanting to stick with something just long enough to get its skills. It didn't feel like I was able to really dedicate myself to a weapon till the very latest part of the game.

I thought Artorius and the church had a lot of potential as antagonists before they got downgraded to mind-controlling villains working for """THE GREATER GOOD""" but watching Velvet get over her emo revenge bullshit was still pretty satisfying.
>>
>>388812217
Same. I think you need really low standards to view this game as anything above average. My biggest gripe is the game's inability to immerse you into its world. The level and world design is extremely bland and I found it really hard to give a shit the world as a result. The dungeons felt like a chore. Couldn't get past about halfway through the game.
>>
>>388810967
Yeah, Berseria is my favorite Tales by far
>>
is this different from zesteria?

i played that for like 2 hours and was bored as fuck, the combat just seemed to revolve around mashing a single button
>>
>>388813181
Basically the same. Good combat is in Xillia and Graces f.
>>
File: framedmisc2.jpg (402KB, 3108x2224px) Image search: [Google]
framedmisc2.jpg
402KB, 3108x2224px
>>388810967
It's an okay Tales game, but for some reason it just drags after you return to Velvet's hometown. It's obviously better than Zestiria, however that's not really saying much with the amount of hate that game receives. I really want the series to go back to LMBS. It bothers me that they had this solid battle system only to turn it into a 'crazy' hack n slash.

Maybe I'm in the minority now, but Tales needs to get back to its roots; it'll probably never happen now though.
>>
>>388810967
it was ok dragged on a bit to long at parts. and some really stupid character development. i still dont understand why velvet cares that she killed the brother and sister exorcist. the brothers death was completely reasonable and nothing like her brothers death but it still triggered her for no good reason and felt super forced.
>>
>>388810967
Zesteria is the only tales game I've been able to stomach for more than 20 minutes. What does that even say about me since that seems to be the universally hated one?

The other's just have the worst character writing and only seem to take from the worst anime tropes. Zestiria at least had this unique dynamic between the 3 characters I met.

But then I forgot about the game, tried to launch it to no avail, re-pirated it, then it still didn't launch using that fix mod(and even the pirated version of it).

So I'll never finish it apparently.
>>
>>388813390
i really like zesteria the whole good guy needs to kill bad guy story was such a simple and refreshing plot. its to easy to get burnt out on these overly complicated story's. the only real problem i had with it was thay draged out the ending way to long.
"Hay guys where ready to go fight the final boss!" -2screens later- "Oh wait hold up all of us have stupid pointless shit we need to do first."
>>
File: newmanga3.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
newmanga3.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Postin' Legendia shit to spark the topic back up.

Also have they already done that convention (forget what it's called) where they might announce a new Tales game?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.