[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other games that "saved" and "killed"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png (287KB, 456x409px) Image search: [Google]
PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png
287KB, 456x409px
Are there any other games that "saved" and "killed" a franchise like Awakening did?
>>
File: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (112KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
112KB, 380x384px
>>388804738
>>
inb4 MHW
>>
>>388804925
But SotN is actually great, its just the sequels that sucked
>>
File: RE4_GC_NTSC.jpg (94KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
RE4_GC_NTSC.jpg
94KB, 640x908px
>>388804738
RE4 was good so its not quite like Awakening, but it still changed Resident Evil forever into something that it wasn't
>>
>>388804738
Awakening didn't kill the franchise. I like waifus.
>>
>>388804738
But FE is still getting good games.
>>
>>388805448
>I like waifus.
Your bad taste doesn't make bad games good, it just means you like bad things as usual
>>
>>388805097
It's actually a perfect comparation, awakening is also a quite good strategy game on lunatic and further, in fact the best at it's time, fags just like to say otherwise since it changed the old style way too much.
>>
>>388805581
awakening isn't good
>>
>>388805581
>awakening is also a quite good strategy game on lunatic and further
Its really not, the maps are still all just LOL KILL AT THE DUDES IN AN EMPTY FIELD AGAIN, and the story and characters are all still terrible no matter what difficulty you play on. Its easily one of the worst Fire Emblem games I've ever played, regardless of Lunatic
>>
>>388805575
Are you a faggot? They have husbandos too. If you're asexual then it's on you.
>>
>>388804738
Re4 shame bout 5 and 6
>>
>>388805697
Fire Emblem is about a ragtag group of mercs and soldiers getting caught up in huge plots that threaten their way of life. Support Conversations are supposed to have political intrigue, characters talking about the horrors of war, missing their homes and families and being willing to sacrifice everything for the good of their country and the ones they love,
Instead we get a bunch of LOL SO QUIRKY AND CUTE scenes of horribly poorly written and awkward fanservice "flirting" and "romance" where characters try to hook up like high school kids at their first party even though they're all fucking soldiers in the middle of a massive war.

Sex and romance has no place in Fire Emblem, its not what the games were about. Its a fucking war game in a fantasy world, not a highschool setting with teenagers. If I wanted a shitty generic anime art direction and the ability to flirt with every party member and try to bang them I'd play fucking persona
>>
>>388805663

>empty field

There really aren't many of them, not even close to the amount in Echoes. I have a feeling people just stopped after the second chapter or remember all of them being Gangrel's map.
>>
>>388805940
>fire emblem is what I say it is and it should never change
Kys
>>
awakening did nothing wrong
fates killed it
>>
File: FE5_Homer_Artwork.png (2MB, 982x1442px) Image search: [Google]
FE5_Homer_Artwork.png
2MB, 982x1442px
>>388805940
*gets recruited after offering sex to girls in your army*
>>
>>388806759
pretty big difference between one flirty ladies man joining your group and everyone being a hormonal teenager that can't stop thinking about fucking each other even though they're in the middle of a war
>>
File: nuFE support convos.jpg (4MB, 5754x4314px) Image search: [Google]
nuFE support convos.jpg
4MB, 5754x4314px
>>388806354
w-woah...so this...is...war...
>>
>>388805940

There's always been sex. I'm not sure if you've played Geneology, but you play as children of characters from the first few chapters.

And romance is definitely there, Sigurd lost his love to Alvis. He stole her away, married her, and had children with her. Then, he executed him, making him watch his wife get taken away before being killed by Alvis's Valflame.
>>
>>388806893
kent and fiora's support in FE7 was literally about them complaining about why everyone was wanting to fuck each other and wanted to put a stop to it and ended up fucking themselves.
>>
>>388806585

This
>>
>>388805940
lol
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (38KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
38KB, 600x375px
>>388807145
>fan translations
>>
remember when lute in her support with vanessa tried to pull a pegasus's wings off when she learned they make good aphrodisiacs?
>>
File: 76794790.jpg (14KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
76794790.jpg
14KB, 246x205px
>there are actually people that not only think Awakening was a good game but defend it
>>
>>388808710
It was okay, I didn't hate it. I hated fates though.
>>
Awakening was one of the most boring RPGs I've ever played, plotwise, gameplaywise, characterwise. It's unreal to me that people not only liked it, but ate it up to the point where FE is where it is now. These characters are so fucking bland, holy shit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.