[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regenerating health is one of the best things to happen in games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
Regenerating health is one of the best things to happen in games. No more looking for health and getting right back in action and fun.
>>
>>388804198
BUT
>>
Looking for health and supplies was part of the FUN though.
>>
>>388804198
pussy
>>
>>388804198
but you're waiting for your health to come back

waiting in games is shit
>>
>>388804198
Wrong. Not getting shot is a skill. Managing health pickups is a skill. FINDING health pickups is a skill. Gloss all that over and you lose a big part of an experience.
>>
You're supposed to grab the health packs while you're fighting or moving through the map, if you have to scrounge you messed up. It's still better than waiting, and you always have tiny health with regen so you'll be waiting all the damn time. Hybrid systems are better than pure regen too, like games where you auto regen to a certain amount and need dedicated healing to go past that.
>>
>>388804198
Not even overwatch is this casual
>>
>>388806014
Eh, I'd argue no regen is fine. It's just nice if they throw you a bone, something renewable like duke nukem 3d's toilets or water fountains, if you really REALLY fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1358101779110.jpg (67KB, 494x622px) Image search: [Google]
1358101779110.jpg
67KB, 494x622px
>>388804198
>3 HP
>have to masterfully go forward without taking any damage and hope to find a medpack
>tfw that moment of relief when health pack sound place, screen flashes and my health goes up

now it's just
>"You've taken damage! Get to cover for 3 seconds!"
>>
>>388806638
This, regen health takes all the intensity out of the game, turns it into a slow paced shoot, cover, shoot, cover game.
>>
>>388804198
>regen health
>take hits
>take cover to wait for regen
>repeat
>repeat
yea back in the action
>>
>>388804198
Carryable healing items is a better solution than both.
>>
File: 1503975443388.jpg (830KB, 1575x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1503975443388.jpg
830KB, 1575x1050px
>Original COD4 comes out
>Dad is watching me play it
>I was in 'bloody screen, so real!' mode
>Dad asks why is it that i keep taking bullets and never die.
>Feel like a retard
>>
Regenerative health needs to be removed.
Health packs that can be carried need to comeback.
I was just playing L4D2 and it felt great going through that.
>>
>>388807354
Show this entire scene (to heli evac) to your dad. It's some of the dumbest shit ever.
https://youtu.be/u3OCz9gikcY?t=3h25m36s
>>
>>388804198
How long until regenerating money becomes a thing? Upgrades would be to increase your max money or its regeneration rate.
>>
>>388808216
Risk of Rain

arguably advance wars
>>
>>388807709
Kill yourself
>>
>>388808815
What?
>>
>>388804198
it matters what experience you're trying to have for the player.

If you want them to constantly be in the action, health packs are more of a nuisance than an interesting part of the game.

If you want to encourage exploration and have a lot of avoidable damage, health packs are great to find.

also, >You
>>
>>388806638
I remember playing half life when I was like 9-10 years old and having 17hp on a hallway full of vortiguards, made me so fucking nervous my hands were shaking a bit when I managed to get past that.
>>
>>388804198
>no longer having to manage your health
It's good for retards
>>
>>388804198
Nothing kills the tension of a firefight like squatting quietly behind waist high cover until the red tint leaves the screen saying you can safely go back to your shoot bangs.
>>
>>388804198
>No more looking for health and getting right back in action and fun.

You call sitting behind a wall action and fun?
>>
>>388804425
HEY
>>
Halo CE had the best of both worlds.
>>
>>388804198
yea, i can suck as much as i want
>>
>>388804198
Health shouldn't be given for free just standing around, To get around regenerating health everything has to hit like a truck to compensate, While without it you are trialed in endurance over the course of the stage/level/map.
>>
I like the MoH airborne and resistance way of having the health bar divided into quarters and regen only filling up the current quarter you are on. 50/50 like halo and republic commando works too I guess.

Killing shit to get health like doom is also ok
>>
>>388804198
It is. Wastinf time looking for health was pointlessly retarded.
>>
>>388810027
Playing video games is retarded, retard.
>>
>>388804198
Segmented regen is a pretty good compromise between the 2. You get 3 or 4 sections of health bar and it only regens within a bar that hasn't been depleted.
>>
>>388810181
>>>/a/
>>
>>388804198

Why is he holding the medkit from a game he's not in?
>>
>>388804198
>soft godmode for babies so they don't feel like cheating
regenerating health makes games easier than Easy difficulty
>>
>"I JUST WANNA' SHOOT STUFF WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT NUMBERS AND THINKING!
>t. (You)

Why not just add regenerating ammo and clips that never empty and fuck, why not make the player immortal while you're at it?

Holy fuck kys.
>>
File: IMG_1521.jpg (35KB, 736x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
35KB, 736x399px
>>388804198
What's the point of health bar if replenishing it is just a mindless busy work that exists just to take your goddamn time
>>
>>388804198
Thats why pubg is the nost popular shooter and not cod right?
>>
>>388808918
Fucking retard
>>
>>388808918
Why would he show something to his dad 10 years later?
>>
I like having both. You have medpacks when you need large amounts of healing/a spike of healing, and you have your regenerating health that goes at a slow rate so you don't have to hunt down a medpack if you're grazed by a single bullet.
>>
So is there any other FPS games that implements Health Regen in interesting ways? Payday 2's Grinder Perk Deck is the only example I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZZ03qPsK0
>>
>>388804198
>Regenerating health is one of the best things to happen in games.
Terrible opinion general?

I worry if they finally made a new TimeSplitters, we'd have shitty health regen instead of based pickups.
GTA already got ruined by having some health regen...
>>
File: wtfamireading.jpg (179KB, 404x521px) Image search: [Google]
wtfamireading.jpg
179KB, 404x521px
>looking for health packs
This was rarely necessary due to competent level designers.

When you spend more time covering behind a wall than running running and dodging enemies which game has more action?
>>
>>388805674
>mashing buttons and rattling joysticks is a skill

Video games are mindless entertainment. There's no fucking "skill" involved.
>>
>>388812202
Tell me one reasonable thing he's ever said about a video game. The man has repeateadly invalidated himself on multiple kinds of games.
>>
>>388804198
This is the current gen of "gamers". It's no surprise games are dumbed down if it's to appeal to these retards.
>>
>>388816493
He's right about the subweapons being useless in CV4 aside from spamming crosses on bosses
>>
>>388815898
Skills aren't nullified just because you don't like what they're applied to anon.
>>
You have to hide and wait so yeah, it still shits on the pacing.
The mechanic was only ok back when Halo and CoD 2 were released because those games had very shit design so it was impossible to avoid getting shot in multiple instances.
>>
>>388808216
Literally Saints Row 3 and 4
>>
File: 46.jpg (78KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
78KB, 700x394px
KLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOP
>>
Those Game Theory videos are among the stupidest on Youtube
>>
Good player
>Collect health potions
>Always have them avaiable because he barely takes damage
>Uses it when needed

Bad player
>Doesn't look for potions
>Gets damaged alot so he uses all the potions he had
years of failed playthroughs later
>REEEEEE HEALTH REGEN IS BETTER
>>
>>388815107
Call of Duty implements it in an interesting way. The enemy respawns in waves so if you killed a couple and then hid to regen you basically accomplished nothing except for wasting some ammo. You need to kill all the enemies and then rush to next cover spot, use flashbangs, smoke etc.

Games that implement CoD-like regen but don't implement enemy spawns miss the point so damn hard.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.