[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've played Chrono Trigger and Kingdom but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: aa.jpg (132KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
132KB, 1200x800px
So I've played Chrono Trigger and Kingdom but I've never gotten into the more weeb JRPGs, the furthest I've gone has been Tales of the Abyss which was kinda weird. What are some easy to get into JRPGs that are actually /good/? I need either a really strong story or cool gameplay ideas to really get hooked, what would /v/ recommend?
>>
It's not rocket science. Different games have different stories and gameplay.
>>
File: 1307978906161.jpg (45KB, 458x319px) Image search: [Google]
1307978906161.jpg
45KB, 458x319px
>jrpg
>good
>>
>>388803190
Play Shin Megami Tensei IV. You won't regret it.
>>
>>388803190
Basically any SMT game. Persona 5 is obviously a good starting point.
>>
File: 1471529768025.jpg (71KB, 369x358px) Image search: [Google]
1471529768025.jpg
71KB, 369x358px
>>388803190
Just play whatever you feel like, if you have an entire genre that's been left almost entirely untapped then you should be spoiled for choices.
>>
>>388803361
Will I miss anything starting at IV?

>>388803412
I heard that the high school portions had some issue, are the character relationships interesting?
>>
>>388803427
YA THIS! HEE-HO
>>
>>388803190
Skies of Arcadia is awesome.
>>
>>388803498
Yeah the character relationships are among the best parts.
>>
File: 1486250699661.jpg (26KB, 366x566px) Image search: [Google]
1486250699661.jpg
26KB, 366x566px
>>388803498
Megami Tensei games are pretty disconnected, you'll miss some references at most, but everything else in the game is self-contained. As for Persona, it does a great job of what it sets out to do, but it's not for everyone. The switching between dungeon-crawling and daily life segment are its whole appeal and it makes for a fun and unique gameplay flow, but there are people who are understandably very put off by the very story and dialogue heavy segments. It's definitely worth giving a try, because if you like it, you'll probably love it, but again, it's not for everybody.
>>
Debatable to even call it a JRPG, but I'm pretty big on Ys, even if they're more action oriented (people call Tales a JRPG so it's fairgame)

Oath in Felghana, VII, and Origins are all good starting points
>>
>>388803498
The real life parts are the best parts of persona, the dungeon side is just mainline smt but worse.
>>
>>388804142
>the dungeon side is just mainline smt but worse.
In P3 and 4, sure, but I don't think so in P5. The dungeon design easily rivals plenty of SMT games and the combat, while not as good as IV:A is pretty fun in its own right. It's also worth mentioning that both sides of ti are two parts of a greater whole and if it were just the dungeon-crawling or just the life sim, it wouldn't be nearly as good.
>>
>>388804684
My problem with persona games is that no story happens in the middle of the dungeons, only at the beginning and the end. That is almost no progression in the middle of the dungeon because most of the story happens in the real world while in mainline it is all integrated, so it doesn't feel like it is as much of a slog. I definitely think that persona 5 is an improvement over 3 and 4 as it wasn't just straight dungeon crawling but it still isn't as good as mainline for me because most of the story is relegated to the real life side while it is all together in mainline.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.