[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>figure out strategy to get through map >fails because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: fire-emblem-past-display-image.png (225KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
fire-emblem-past-display-image.png
225KB, 500x313px
>figure out strategy to get through map
>fails because that one opponent managed to land a 1% crit, or your unit missed a 95% chance to hit
>have to redo 40 minutes of your life doing the exact same thing as last time and praying you won't get RNG screwed
What's the appeal of strategy games?
>>
File: 1391560168472.png (30KB, 232x285px) Image search: [Google]
1391560168472.png
30KB, 232x285px
looks like SOMEONE is using frail little girls instead of macho men, then wondering why the hell enemy soldiers could kill frail little girl in one hit
>>
File: git gud.png (1KB, 62x80px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
1KB, 62x80px
>>388802665
>figure out strategy to get through map
>fails because that one opponent managed to land a 1% crit, or your unit missed a 95% chance to hit
Sounds like you should have used a more reliable tactic.
>have to redo 40 minutes of your life doing the exact same thing as last time and praying you won't get RNG screwed
No, you should come up with a better tactic. And in FE it's recommended that you restart from the very start of the game when you get a game over.
>What's the appeal of strategy games?
Thinking up and planning out your strategies.
>>
>>388803176
>And in FE it's recommended that you restart from the very start of the game when you get a game over
Not OP, but what the fuck is your problem?
>>
While the RNG in Fire Emblem can be kinda grating at times, if your whole goddamn strategy gets fucked because of a single miss or crit then chances are you just didn't plan very well. It should be less "I'll be good as long as my unit doesn't get hit by a crit" and more "If my unit gets hit by a crit I'll have my flying ambulance/pegasus knight on standby to cart their ass out"
course if you're the type to reset a chapter whenever one unit dies then there's really no helping it
>>
> And in FE it's recommended that you restart from the very start of the game when you get a game over.

Literally no one does this.
>>
File: 1494717107104.png (77KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
1494717107104.png
77KB, 640x472px
>>388803176
>And in FE it's recommended that you restart from the very start of the game when you get a game over.
>>
>>388802882
Gettings Ike's new Lord look was always a part of what made getting to the second half of Por great
>>
>>388802665
Part of the strategy is denying your opponents the chance to attack through positioning, a strategy you failed to implement and immediately paid for it.

git gud
>>
>>388803717
>course if you're the type to reset a chapter whenever one unit dies then there's really no helping it
There are people that don't do this outside of challenge runs?
>>
File: Amelia.png (190KB, 351x677px) Image search: [Google]
Amelia.png
190KB, 351x677px
>>388802882
This is the face of true strength
>>
>>388803176
>in FE it's recommended that you restart from the very start of the game when you get a game over.
?
>>
File: nino confused.png (250KB, 972x902px) Image search: [Google]
nino confused.png
250KB, 972x902px
>>388803176
>And in FE it's recommended that you restart from the very start of the game when you get a game over.
>>
File: Ross_(FE8_Artwork).png (226KB, 413x592px) Image search: [Google]
Ross_(FE8_Artwork).png
226KB, 413x592px
>>388804178
Sorry my unit already killed half of the map, yours is just so slow
>>
>>388804319
If you really can't deal with less move and don't want to use boots on a killing machine just turn her into a great knight/paladin
>>
File: 1329628336823.jpg (501KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1329628336823.jpg
501KB, 1280x1024px
>>388804041
>this playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS1Y-Cgn1GM

PoR is simple but great

>>388804178
>wasting your time babysitting a unit
>so that you can invalidate the game
>with a shit-tier color scheme'd unit
what's the point, again?

>>388804319
Ross is the only trainee in FE8 that you can use without wasting resources and time
>>
>>388804503
How is building up a unit that "invalidates the game" wasting time? Also you got shit taste with that color comment
>>
File: IMG_0148.jpg (88KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
88KB, 500x669px
>>388804496
>LITERALLY nerfing her true potential
>>
>>388805075
Her """true potential""" is wasted in a game where you only need subpar stats to easily beat it quickly.
>>
>>388804973
>How is building up a unit that "invalidates the game" wasting time?
because it removes all the challenge in the game, grinding shit in FE8 makes the game a boring cakewalk, unless you're there just to watch animations and read the story (which is not most FE's forte, be honest)

why do I have to explain this? did you even play the game? or did you actually do it, and thought "oh my god, this is the apex of gameplay!" by sending Amelia forward alone and setting animations to off because of how boring the game gets when every attack will connect and kill an enemy?
>>
>>388804178
>>388804319
Why use trainees in the game where you get Franz, Vanessa, and Seth?
>>
File: Only Marcus is manlier.png (91KB, 962x641px) Image search: [Google]
Only Marcus is manlier.png
91KB, 962x641px
>>388805228
Ross doesn't really take much effort to build up and comes with a really fast and useful support with his dad (who is also a decent unit).
>>
>>388805224
FE8 is easy no matter what. At least building up the trainees can be a bit tricky when you don't grind the tower
>>
>>388805394
I'm just shitposting, man. Ross is solid. Garcia not so much, but you get him early in the game so he can contribute and maybe become good if you're lucky.
>>
>>388805228
>try to train Franz
>ends up bad
>end up training Garcia Warrior, Gilliam General, Kyle Great Knight, Forde Paladin, Gerik Hero AGAIN
>play again, try to train another unit
>ends up bad again
>back to my basic army

god dammit

>>388805493
>FE8 is easy no matter what.
try playing it on hard, not grinding and not using pre-promotes, maybe it'll feel decently challenging

that said, making the game a "I'm not even going to pay attention to what weapons my enemies have equipped" is the worst available option, an anyone claiming that following it is a good idea should just stay quiet, or declare outright that they don't like the gameplay, they just want to carve through the game
>>
File: muscle arrows.png (80KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
muscle arrows.png
80KB, 960x643px
>>388805493
A few maps in FE8 can actually be fairly difficult assuming no grind and some subpar levels. The boat is the notorious one, but the ones with berserk staves can also be pretty annoying, and some other maps can at least potentially kill a unit or two even if they won't actually force you to restart your no-reset run.

>>388805593
Garcia is nice in that he's a super reliable heavy hitter. His strength will almost always be very high, and his skill will be decent enough, making for a great brave bow user. Combined with the bonuses he gets from the really fast support with his son, he's really fairly good. At the very least he's better right out of the box than the other fighters you get in the GBA games.
>>
>>388805837
The thing about Garcia is his really low speed growth. Even if he's hitting hard there's a decent chance he's not ORKOing stuff unless you really invested that much into him. He's usable for sure, it's Sacred Stones after all, but everyone else is really good and more often than not better. I'll agree with you that he's probably one of the best gba fighters.
>>
>>388806227
Yeah, his speed is rough but you can patch that up with brave axe and bow. Honestly more than his speed, my main complaint is still being forced to deal with having just E rank bows on promotion, they really need to throw Warriors a fucking bone.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.