[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do brainlets on /v/ think engines reflect the quality of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: vtard.jpg (171KB, 709x821px) Image search: [Google]
vtard.jpg
171KB, 709x821px
Why do brainlets on /v/ think engines reflect the quality of a game? Does /v/ not understand what engines are?
>>
>>388794729
No most of them don't.
>>
hey todd
>>
>>388794729
Unity pls go
>>
>>388794729
I mean some engines are more optimized than others

Source runs worse than Frostbite and looks worse
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBFZ1KR8oVE

Yes, /v/ doesn't know shit about making games or what function a Game Engine actually serves. People who post on /v/ are usually 14-17, don't ever forget that, and stop taking them seriously.
>>
>>388794729
a "better" engine most likely means that the minimum talent required to make a decent game lowers, of course over complicating it can have the opposite effect
>>
>>388795335
>Unity pls go
(you) didn't earn it
>>
>>388794729
Most of them don't, and I don't think you do either
>>
File: const4.jpg (47KB, 668x692px) Image search: [Google]
const4.jpg
47KB, 668x692px
>>388794729
It reflects the kind of development choices, showing that the devs couldn't be fucked to make the assets themselves.
>most devs don't have the money
most devs don't need the money to make a fundamentally good game
>>
You can't deny every single game in unreal 3 is fucking ugly.
>>
>>388794729
a true 9 is impossible without a cutting edge engine imo.
>>
>>388794729
They do

Destiny 1 is a good example of this. Because of the engine, it was difficult to churn out new content for players.

>People who worked on this projectsay that one of Bungie’s fundamental issues over the past few years has been the game’s engine, which the studio built from scratch alongsideDestiny. Four sources pointed toDestiny’s technology—the tools they use to design levels, render graphics, and create content—as an inhibiting factor in the game’s development.

>“Let’s say a designer wants to go in and move a resource node two inches,” said one person familiar with the engine. “They go into the editor. First they have to load their map overnight. It takes eight hours to input their map overnight. They get [into the office] in the morning. If their importer didn’t fail, they open the map. It takes about 20 minutes to open. They go in and they move that node two feet. And then they’d do a 15-20 minute compile. Just to do a half-second change.”
>>
HIGHER NUMBER GAME MEAN GOOD
SO HIGHER NUMBER ENGINE MEAN BETTER
SAME WAY NEW GAME MEAN GOOD
NEWER ENGINE MEAN BETTER

t. 99% of gamers
>>
File: 1478044867230.png (50KB, 282x424px) Image search: [Google]
1478044867230.png
50KB, 282x424px
>>388796348
>8 hours to open a map
>>
>>388794729
Bethesda.
>>
>>388796348
are they running their dev tools on toasters?
>>
the thing with the belt
>>
>>388796713
There's nothing wrong with the various engines bethesda softworks utilizes.
Moving to a new engine would kill the modding scene.
>>
>>388796971
brah Fallout 4 runs and looks like dogshit
>>
OP here. I was mostly referencing the retards who make threads shitting on Unity, saying you can't make a good game in that engine.
>>
>>388796046
Unreal 3 was exactly what everyone wanted when it came out, looked great and decidedly next-gen without being a resource hog like Cryengine.
>>
4 FUCKING GBS
>>
>>388797107
sorry you're literally a brainlet who thinks a new engine is going to mean fallout 5 will run on your toaster
>>
>>388796971
Gamebryo is and has always been garbage.
>>
>>388797764
It is, and always has been pretty solid.
You, as your mother's failed attempt at swallowing, should have never happened.
>>
>>388797613
I have a 1060 but it runs worse than games that look 10x better
>>
>>388798002
Why is this so upsetting for you?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.