[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A well balanced, well thought-out third-person PVP brawler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 37

File: absolver.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
absolver.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
>A well balanced, well thought-out third-person PVP brawler with depth
I never played For Honor but that game looked awful and honestly in terms of PVP this does better than Souls did.
>>
But how am I supposed to see what moves people do and dodge them with windfall style? It seems way too difficult. Also, there aren't any grabs, what the fuck????
>>
Windfall is shit
>>
>>388792617
Slower attacks have telltales and there's patterns to every fighter's set of attacks. AKA one move is gonna flow into another and into another. So if you see x move, you know it'll flow into y. It's mainly about educated guessing, idk if you've ever played 3rd Strike but it's similar in you gotta see what your opponent is doing and make an educated guess from there. Honestly, sometimes you can just guess and it works too, it's not super effective but you do have a 1 in 4 chance every time.
>>388792932
No it's not lol.
>>
>>388793102
Yeah, but in Third Strike you aren't limited by your "Combat Deck".
>>
>>388793163
Yeah you are lol each fighter has only so many normal and special moves. And they all have priorities of either being a high or low attack. Similar to Absolver.
>>
>>388793456
That's not true. In Third Strike I can do a light punch then a medium punch, or I can do a light punch then a low medium kick. In Absolver, I can only do light punch then medium punch unless I back out of combat and redo my "Combat D*ck"
>>
I'm gonna get this game tomorrow, how is Forsaken fighting style? How difficult is parrying?
>>
>>388792548
Absolver is a fresh new take on a genre that desperately needed it
>>
>>388793629
Depending on how you setup your combat deck and what button you decide to press each time can vary your patterns up but because of a move flowing into another move that actually helps with pattern recognition and therefore it'd help with dodging with Windfall. You can also fake out too.
>>
>>388793102
tell me what avoid can do better than parry and absorb
>>
>>388794165
Not sure since I haven't gotten to those two yet. Absorb seems the most OP, at least when I fight enemies it's OP. I just don't think Windfall is that bad, it's fairly easy to dodge moves and you get stamina back.
>>
>>388793946
Forsaken can be quite a bit to deal with. The Perry is input either left or right, as opposed to the windfall which has a four Direction Dodge. Forsaken is rated the most difficult to play, I haven't gotten around to creating forsaken main yet however.
>>
>>388792548
This game sucks I already uninstalled LMAO
>>
>Parry is left or right but avoid is 4 directions
why
>>
>>388794835
Don't hate. Being able to hop over leg sweeps and duck under high punches is the most satisfying thing.
>>
>>388793946
Forsaken parries either left or right, depending on where the attack is physically coming from. This makes them a little more susceptible to being ganged up on, but a parry is pretty much the best defensive ability, since it completely stops the fight's momentum.

Khalt's Absorb is the easiest to use, you just flick the stick, but it also gives you the least immediate benefits. It will negate any knock back from an attack and turn the damage white, meaning an attack from you will regen it. It also gives back between a quarter and third of your stamina. Think of Absorb as the rope-a-dope, it's there for you to endure a barrage of attacks and counter attack.

Windfall is for faggots.
>>
>>388794379
Most attacks can be avoided by two or more directions of the "Avoid". For example, sweeping attacks can be avoided with UP and either Left or Right, if not both.

Absorb NPCs are a fucking pain in the ass, though, I always end up cheesing them with break moves.
>>
>>388792548
To bad servers are dowbn like 90% of the time

>>388792617
Yeah, it takes TIME, i don't even bother dodging any move with out long windup

>>388794165
it doesnt stop the move so you can counter while the guy is doing a long wind up on nothing, also it increases your jewel power and stamana much faster when you do it
>>
>>388795252
A lot of wide arc attacks cannot be avoided with left or right, and they can be a little difficult to tell if they're coming high or low. I fought a windfall guy that after losing twice finally figured out my attack string, which is when I switched to my second one that incorporated two wide sweeps that he just couldn't deal with.
>>
>>388795485
My Windfall brothers forget that dodging back exists, forgive them, please.
>>
>>388794959
Its hard as fuck, unless they do a red move or a gold move i cant predict shit
>>
>>388795568
They will learn.
We will make them.
>>
>>388795568
It doesn't though doing the space bar dodge is only good if the enemy is not mid attack because you will be hit anyway
>>
>>388795852
You can also avoid while blocking.
>>
>>388795706
practice on the npcs in the Oration Quarter, the ones that do the kicking bullshit combos, you'll die alot but they are easy to read and practice ducking and jumping with imo
>>
>>388792548
Too bad the combat feels crappy.

I don't care how deep it is if it isn't fun.
>>
Definitely going to be picking this game up over the weekend once I get paid.

My question is, how does this game work? Is it online while you play a story? Or go through some kind of arcade mode? I keep hearing people facing NPCs and players simultaneously.
>>
>>388796136
why does it feel crappy to you? seems pretty rewarding so far, but I play Windfall so I get to have fun in fights, can't speak for absorbfags or darksouls dudes
>>
>>388796223
about 6 H of single player to teach you the game then its all pvp

>>388796262
my one issue is that you stance changes when people move around you, once you get into dodge wars i cant keep up with what stance im in anymore and its just random flailing instead of my strategic attacks, maybe if the stance icons were ontop of your guy in the middle of the screen instead of off to the side
>>
>>388796136
I'll take your copy anon, refund it and give it to me
>>
>>388796474
After you level up in PvP, you unlock harder bossfights, too.
>>
>>388796223
>My question is, how does this game work?
You build your combat deck and get good
>Is it online while you play a story? Or go through some kind of arcade mode?
>story
You fight minibosses/bosses, but the 'story' is buries in the lore. Think of the story as more as a personal journey of learning and adapting until you become a true 'monk'.
>I keep hearing people facing NPCs and players simultaneously
The NPCs are always present unless you are near an altar or crossing area between zones, other players join your area based on region from what i can tell, but you can play offline to avoid player to player until you want to deal with that
>>
>>388796136
>>388796262
Yeah I don't see the issue, it has a lot of depth for a game that gives fairly easy access. Moves are responsive, got enemy AI to practice on.
>>388796223
You basically play on a giant map with the objective of having to beat enemy AI and boss AI and players can jump in and out of areas for you to coop with or fight or leave alone.
>>
>>388792548
>honestly in terms of PVP this does better than Souls did.
thats not saying much considering souls is primarily pve
>>
>>388796474
>>388796660
It also sounds like you can create multiple characters. Is that true?
>>
>Little to no customization
>Combat is slow (for move-reading purposes I know, but still slow)
>You can be thrown off ledges
>>
I refunded the game wasnt for me I hated the animations and the sounds in this game wished for more PVE content too
>>
>>388796883
You can but I don't think you will want to given you can have all the styles on one character and re-acquiring attacks is no fun
>>
>>388796474
>stance changes when people move around you
your stance is based on who you are locked onto unless you mean when you attack someone other than who you are locked on to in which case it is relative to them which makes perfect sense
>once you get into dodge wars i cant keep up with what stance im in anymore and its just random flailing instead of my strategic attack
the strategy seems lost at first but that is literally part of the skill of the game, knowing your deck to the point that it is second nature so you only have to read the opponent and outplay them
>maybe if the stance icons were ontop of your guy in the middle of the screen instead of off to the side
the stance is on the bottom under your stamina, the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>388797009
Gotcha, from what people were saying I thought maybe you weren't able to have all the stuff unlocked on one character. Good to know.
>>
File: absolver fighting styles.png (721KB, 958x1018px) Image search: [Google]
absolver fighting styles.png
721KB, 958x1018px
Who would suit Forsaken best?
>>
>>388796894
lolwut, you can literally customize the entire moveset
>Combat is slow
I've fought a lot of fast folks, I play fast myself by bombarding enemies with constant attacks. Even for slow attacks shit is pretty fast, so I don't know what you're talking about. What do you consider fast combat? Like what game has fast combat to you?
>Can be thrown off ledges
I feel that to a point but.... Mind your surroundings.
>>388796978
PVE is, for all intents and purposes, practically the same as PVP.
>>
>>388797146
the only reason to start a new character is probably to check out the primary skills (parry/dodge/absorb) until you like one off the bat, you can learn all the moves eventually but it will take a while
>>
>>388797287
Ip man, them wing parries my guy
>>
>>388796894
visual? muh fashionsouls
in combat? get gud
>>
>>388796262
I play as windfall too. Lets see
1. Dodge is garbage because it goes 2 feet and has no i frames.

2. avoid is pointless because the game spawns 2 or 3 enemies like 50% of the time and you can just get punched by one while dodging one of their attacks. Might as well just block and jab on repeat.

3. The game world is boring as hell. Nothing but masked hobos and rubble.
>>
File: absolver fighting styles.png (959KB, 958x993px) Image search: [Google]
absolver fighting styles.png
959KB, 958x993px
>>388797426
right
>>
anyone know how to join a school?
>>
>>388796732
>Has a lot of depth.
Yeah, but its not fun. I don't know what you don't get here. I played it and didn't have fun. The combat feels wrong, the game world is crap, the servers are laggy and I just can't get into it.
>>
>>388797803
>1. Dodge is garbage because it goes 2 feet and has no i frames.
>needing i frames because similar games have it
I only use dodge if there is a need to leave a fight or reposition, but honestly unlocking and running is better at times
>2. avoid is pointless because the game spawns 2 or 3 enemies like 50% of the time and you can just get punched by one while dodging one of their attacks. Might as well just block and jab on repeat.
>avoid is pointless
bruh, get gud. Avoid in group fights is hard to do, but as windfall if you get surrounded you have to push the enemies away and keep switching focus to keep them off of you, if you can't do that then keep repositioning and focus one down quickly
>3. The game world is boring as hell. Nothing but masked hobos and rubble
I like the minimal interaction with NPCs and the visual mystery kind of storytelling it forces on the players, but the aesthetics aren't for everyone.
>>
>>388797961
You have to find a mentor first, only way to be a mentor is to have your own school which is acquired by playing 1v1 matches. The point of a school is to use someone else's combat deck, which probably wont happen for a while and will likely be a thing that streamercunts do with their fans

the only school that isn't player based is the one that gets you Stagger Style, which you have to be lvl 30 to unlock the NPC to fight and then the area to reach the NPC that has the school
>>
im sure this game is fun and all 20 hours in but i just felt like i was watching a bar fill up to click at the right time like I was in witcher 1, except you had more fluidity and mobility in witcher 1. I dont got the time or patience to make sense of this deck building shit let alone remember what my attack sequence and alternates are/link into. this game will be fun to watch some high level autists go at it but not me
>>
>>388799069
This game is weird because it falls into the category where brainlets like you can't pick it up but fighting game autismos laugh at how simple it is
>>
>>388798210
>I need i-frames
It would feel better than dodging and getting clipped over and over

>Get Gud
Eh. I don't feel like it. Even when I do dodge well and shit, it doesn't feel good. I could become king badass and it would still be underwhelming. Again, its just not fun.

>Minimal interaction
You mean none?

>Visual mystery
You mean how every level looks identical?
>>
>>388798210

>get gud

you shouldn't need to defend a game with this term
>>
>>388799495
Come on man every level has a pretty nice aesthetic to it. To say any of them resemble each other in structure or look is shitposting at best
>>
>>388799495
>>388799570
fuck of /v/irgins your just angry this game didnt flop on launch its kicking dark souls,for honor,blade symphonys, and even legit fighting games asses
>>
>>388799248
fighting games are fine since moves are dished out on a per-character basis. this is a lot different since you have to figure out which moves are good for certain things as well as which moves complement what you have. so you take this complex deckbuilding package and then cram it into a choice of 4 different attack strings that are only ever broken by the Y attack. i guess what im trying to say is that the actual combat part is not involving, or entertaining enough to learn the complex deck building element.
>>
>>388799670
its losing people faster than for honor
>>
>>388799825
Do you have a single number to back up your shitposting?
>>
why is this game melting my CPU?
it's not well optimized at all but I can get at least 48-55 fps on 4790k at 1440p but I'm reaching nearly 90C.
>>
>>388800014
unity
>>
>>388799495
>You mean none
There are actual NPCs to talk to, you just have to find them
>identical
if you mean the art style is consistent then yes, but each area has its own feeling and flow as well as visual distinction
>its just not fun
can't make you like something you don't like

>>388799570
>you shouldn't need to defend a game with this term
people complain about things that are skill based and I'm telling them to get better to fix their complaints, but i'm the asshole?
>>
>>388800004
http://steamcharts.com/app/473690

It launched on Tuesday with 18k and now its down to a 12k peak today and now with 7k playing it
>>
>>388800337

Still fake news garbage
>>
>>388800415

How is it fake news look for yourself
>>
>>388799737
>fighting games are fine since moves are dished out on a per-character basis. this is a lot different since you have to figure out which moves are good for certain things as well as which moves complement what you have.
The point of the game is that every player is their own character, you have to see what style they are playing and then learn their combat string, since it is best of 3 you have time to learn most of their moves unless they are smart and know not to let you read them all in the first few rounds.
>choice of 4 different attack strings that are only ever broken by the Y attack.
>not involving, or entertaining enough to learn the complex deck building element.
that's your issue senpai, if you don't care about the system then you won't use it well it is literally that simple
>>
>>388800337
>dude do you ever like wonder why nobody is playing the game which has its servers down??
>also I'll pretend the game never released on GOG because I value saying dumb shit on the internet more than making logical points
>>
>>388797287
Ip Man
>>
>>388801057
bruh >>388797884
>>
>>388800839
>game so shit devs forgot to turn the servers on for 2 days in a row
>>
>>388798478
How do you find a mentor? Does another player have to invite you to their school or something?
>>
lmao your all mad /v/ users the game is a success

Its beating For Honor which was shit and its beating your precious Japanese fighting games
>>
>>388801253
You have to find them in your area, so it's random unless they are on your friend's list. If you find them I think there is an option if they are a mentor for you to ask to be a student.

Honestly at this point there is no reason to join a school other than the Stagger school because joining a random person's school to get their combat deck without knowing how good it is makes no sense
>>
>>388800337
Numbers probably dropped because the servers went down again. Seemed like there was a pretty decent boost once the servers came back up again. That's generally where the real fun seems to be anyway. I was playing a sort of vigilante type guy looking for guys being ganked and jumping in to help them out, giving them the thumbs up after the fight was over, and then running off
>>
File: 147215399624.jpg (23KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
147215399624.jpg
23KB, 641x530px
>>388800068
>people actually managed to make UE4 look and run like unity
holy shit
>>
>>388801518
does their deck overwrite your own deck or can you choose between the two
>>
Are the servers down? A friend seems to be online, but it won't connect for me.
>>
>>388801613
You choose between the two from what i can tell. Here's an example of the school system, though i haven't seen and player to player, but it should be similar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xt4fMHjeQE
>>
>>388801736
they're down for me, NA
>>
>>388802550
yea, definitely, thanks
>>
File: 1498087949008.jpg (102KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
1498087949008.jpg
102KB, 470x320px
MAKE THE DAMN SERVERS WORK
>>
>>388802812
just play offline, grind and wreck when the servers are back up
>>
>>388803175
But I want to wreck NOW
>>
>>388803524
patience my dude, perfect that deck my dude
>>
File: eyes wide shut.jpg (81KB, 1272x710px) Image search: [Google]
eyes wide shut.jpg
81KB, 1272x710px
>sitting in the combat deck edit screen
>notice that different stance icons light up when moving around moves
>the game literally tells you which moves connect to which alternatives so you can mix up shit mid combo

jesus how deep IS this game? there's nothing like knowing your deck inside and out
>>
>>388803747
I just have it so every 2 lights combo into a quick heavy so I can keep chaining that way, then do 3 lights when I want to end with a slow heavy
>>
>>388794165
prove you're actually good
>>
>>388803747
>people ITT talking shit about the combat system
At least someone else knows this shit, I figured this out two hours in while i was grinding a marked one. My current deck cycles through all the stances infinitely until i break it with an alt, not going to be great for PvP but I'm grinding out PvE first
>>
>>388804205
that's what i've been doing since the beta
>>
File: bloodsport.jpg (34KB, 423x238px) Image search: [Google]
bloodsport.jpg
34KB, 423x238px
>>388803524
Someone in the /vg/ general mentioned he learned the best way to master combat was using sound and building a rhythm based on the sound of hits. Get yourself a blindfold and learn to fight blind
>>
File: 1497826785830.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1497826785830.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>388804285
Oh fuck, I'm not hardcore enough for this
>>
>>388804285
isn't that the point of the meter around your stamina gauge? from what i can tell it is like a timing meter to keep momentum up which is why it jumps around for each move, haven't delved too deeply into this though because in a 2v1 in PvE you don't have time to look at it
>>
>>388804285
I noticed that my combos have a certain rhythm when this one attack had a slight delay compared to the others and it always caused me to mess up the chain
>>
>>388792548
For Honor is shit but at least it has good concept
Absolver is just straight up garbage
>>
>>388804465
>Absolver is just straight up garbage
proof it
>>
>Reach the Arena
>First boss I'm fighting, has a cinematic and everything
>He's easy as fuck and I get his gloves at the end
>Explore around a bit
>Find the Marked girl sitting above the arena
>One straight hour of getting killed before I can defeat her
>>
>>388804583
i played the game and it was shit
>>
File: 20170830221414_1.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170830221414_1.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>388804205
Thoughts on my deck? Got it set up so stance 2 is sort of my normal one two combo but using my alternative attack delivers a slower heavy hitting punch that puts me into stance 1 so I can follow the power hit up with a hay maker or cancel out of it by throwing a normal attack that puts me back into stance 2.
Also got it so that stances 3 & 4 are sort of my power move stances where I deliver two wide swings with the alternative attacks while regular attacks put me back into stance 2.
>>
>>388804703
bosses seem preety easy, i beat those 2v1 barn niggas my first try at like lvl 7
>>
File: dodging in absolver.gif (979KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
dodging in absolver.gif
979KB, 268x200px
>>388804703
Are you talking about the bitch in the tower area chilling near the cairn under the stairs that you drop down to? If so I think I know who you're talking about. She's a cunt who seems to be a lot more aggressive than the other bosses I've fought so far. I just cleared the harbor and the bosses there seem to take a balanced approach between defense and offense giving me opportunities to back off and regenerate stamina. That bitch on the other hand just never seems to let the fuck up
>>
>>388805502
Yeah, her.
She had that elbow strike that was fast as fuck. I got hit by it so much I learned it upon defeating her.
>>
>>388804862
what is up with the empty slots? It currently reads as every stance funneling into the first stance, and the alts have to be manually shifted to to pull off. If it isn't a mistake it seems kind of clunky to use your alts, not impossible but odd to me, I'm going to try and screencap mine and hope my shit doesn't crash so you can see what i mean
>>
It's a fun game but if they don't fix their servers fucking immediately it will die a horrible death before the week is out. Not having your online mode work for the first three days of release of your ONLINE PVP FIGHTING GAME is a pretty big fuckup.
>>
>>388806202
You need more moves, nigga.
The deck makes sense, one you figure out what strings into what.
>>
>>388806602
rest in peace BRINK, it was a good game with terrible servers

>>388806629
you mean to reply to >>388804862 my dude, that's what i was saying to him
>>
File: 1392525928849.png (183KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1392525928849.png
183KB, 800x533px
>Dueling as windfall
>Near cliffs
Two slips get you directly behind the other fucker, and if you got good pushback, there's nothing that can stop you.
>>
>>388792548
>pick a class style
>mashing x and y like a retard in the tutorial
>game tells me that I can switch class styles with r2 and right stick, k
>try it
>throw a single punch and switches back to my default one every time
>y attack apparently changes styles, but they just go crazy all over the place trying to reset
>"ill figure it out later, whatever"
>go meditate
>"combo builder"
>"chain attacks"
>all these different little card options
>what the FUCK am i casting.png
i dont think ill play this again im too retarded to understand a second of it
seems fun though
>>
>>388806945
almost every attack puts you into a different stance, which there are 4 of. you can keep linking attacks across stances if you time it right
>>
>>388806714
>2 slips
or 1 slip and the sidestep pushing strike which does most of the job for you
>>
>>388807259
but there are only 2 buttons to attack and 4 stances
how that work senpai
>>
>>388807343
different attacks finish in different positions, and are categorizes as such
attacks also seem to be split up into front attack and back attacks, getting mirrored across left and right
>>
>>388807259
the issue is that the starter deck funnels into your first stance if i remember properly
>>388807343
rt/r2 + right stick movement switches stance, but each move begins and ends in a certain stance so you can build a combo that chains them or you can manually choose
>>
File: 1392608236337.png (220KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
1392608236337.png
220KB, 900x851px
>>388806945
You're retarded. Start the tutorial again, and read this time.
>>
>when you actually try to give your character a character with moveset and outfit instead of going for max damage all the time
I love this game
>>
>>388807440
best way to play, i only change my outfit when i get new gear that fits my character better, luckily I'm windfall so i get that comfy minimal armor aesthetics
>>
>>388792548
>dumbass premise
>visuals are trash
>sound is trash
>gameplay seems to be terrible till you get to high levels, then it's only all right
When you compare this shit to another shit like for honor you make it look good.
>>
I'm really early but so far all the 10 or so armor items i have found appear to make my guy worse. Less speed and damage output. The only defense it provides is against weapons, which no enemies have used yet. I'm just running around naked since it seems best for my stats this early on
>>
File: 1501542411513.png (435KB, 795x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1501542411513.png
435KB, 795x1022px
>tfw want to post my combat deck but also don't because autistic paranoia
there are people that it could help but do i really want to help them?
>>
Just watched Fist of Legend.

What are some other good 90's martial arts films?
>>
>>388807597
get gud my guy

>>388807605
which style are you? also bad luck on getting cut protection early
>>
>>388807693
the one for stamina and strength i forgot the name. I also have the absorb thing. Yeah its all got cut/blunt resistance
>>
how the fuck are you suppose to learn sword moves? I beat the final PVE boss in one try, but she's the only one who reliably seemed to use a sword AND have more than just the basic moves. now I can't fight her until rank 30 in pvp
>>
>>388806701
Brink wasn't a good game though. Potentially good yeah. All th mechanics for a good game were there but the map designs were fucking atrocious and tended to be filled with choke points and dead ends that tended to favor one side over the other. Biggest offender I can think of is container city where the assaulting team has to retrieve some shit out of a container that only has one entrance which is located in a large courtyard right next to the defending team's spawn point which makes it stupidly easy for the defending team to just kill anyone trying to get into the container
>>
>>388807793
max out your blunt resistance then because blunt blocks regular damage from what i can tell. You can go tanky if you want and as long as you build strength your clothes shouldn't matter too much as you'll get moves that are pretty strong as alts that will likely be your primary damage
>>
File: 1501184532751.png (2MB, 1200x1505px) Image search: [Google]
1501184532751.png
2MB, 1200x1505px
>mfw australian
>>
>>388807945
>map designs were fucking atrocious and tended to be filled with choke points and dead ends that tended to favor one side over the other.
The game was intentionally asymmetric hence the double storyline that allowed you to see each map from their respective sides. I found no issue with shit like choke points because it is an objective focused game so I expected to have to overcome bullshit defenses, then again I like stuff like Red Orchestra which takes this point to the extreme sometimes
>>
>>388808348
I know that feel my friend. Servers tomorrow.
>>
It's too short. Finished the game in just under 5 hours and half of that time was just parrying and blocking for more moves.

Otherwise, it's the best fun I've had all year.
>>
File: 1486119269213.png (363KB, 424x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486119269213.png
363KB, 424x444px
How are the keyboard and mouse controls?
>>
>>388808752
>It's too short. Finished the game in just under 5 hours
you do know there are more difficult bosses when you level up right? also the 1v1 stuff is a thing if you think you are gud
>>388808843
S P I C Y
mouse for attacks, wasd, middle mouse lock, flicking the mouse is the same as the second stick i believe, and stances are qezc or some shit
>>
>>388808843
Mouse clicks are attacks,
WASD for movement
QEZC for stance changes
123 for skills/weapon
Space for dodge
>>
How do I get more exotic gear? I beat the single player already, but the enemy drops are still boring basic shit. On PS4 so sadly still can't get online.
>>
File: 1374271210879.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1374271210879.gif
1MB, 480x272px
Who /Jabman/ here?
>>
>>388809446
>On PS4 so sadly still can't get online.
you get better drops from openworld pvp i do believe, also there are higher level bosses to fight
>>
>>388809446
pc servers down too zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, if this goes on tomorrow the game will be DEAD i guarantee it
>>
>>388809547
Been trying that and grinding just to get more moves. Currently level 30ish, but I'm still getting Tear drops.
>>
Graphics are charming, animations are nice, the combat has a good amount of depth, certain moves and styles are a bit OP, the world is boring, and the ai is kinda stupid. It's worth the purchase just to support these guys to see what they either update this game to be or what they come up with next
>>
>>388809529
Trying a straight strength build here. Works fine for pve but I bet in PvP I get destroyed.
>>
>>388793629
In absolver you can cancel to different stances or just your alternate move in the middle of your combo so there is more than what you say, but still, this is a hybrid third person action fighting game, don't expect it to be a six button fighter like street fighter, it is more akin to God Hand meets dark souls.
>>
>>388804862
way 2 slow, also having a very small move pool is good early but by round 3 your opponent will have read you completly
>>
>>388796136
I think it feels great. the problem is that you probably don't play fighting games and aren't used to it being "not your turn"

I won't be surprised if I continue seeing people who don't like it who also havn't played many fighting games
>>
>>388809647
>Currently level 30ish
once you get past lvl 30 you can fight the Stagger boss and join that school if you want some more fun
>>
>>388809718
Not even true, pvp is all abot fast swing attacks and there are plenty of fast str based attacks
>>
gonna grab me a GOG torrent now to see what the fuss is all about
>>
>>388807668
The Legend of Drunken Master is fucking amazing
>>
How long is it going to take to get the servers under control? I've been struggling to connect since launch and I really don't care to play this game offline.
>>
>>388809943
>GOG torrent
rude, you could just buy and refund it
>>
>>388810002
>I really don't care to play this game offline
why not? grinding for your combat deck is an integral part of the game, also as far as standard progression goes you kinda need to kill the bosses which has nothing to do with the PvP content
>>
>>388792548
>well balanced
but nah, my single biggest issue is that this is the kind of game that's hugely unplayable with 200ms+ ping
>>
>>388810070
The Full Experience™
>>
>>388810004
how is that any different?
>>
>>388810172
I've played both on and offline and honestly only got into one overworld pvp fight where I shit on this guy because i was grinding and studying the combat deck system, and he obviously hadn't. From that point I realized that the only good PvP stuff was going to be the direct 1v1s via the combat trials, but I also knew my deck was shit so i needed to grind and having some dumbshit fuck with my 1v2 bot grind is annoying as shit so i went offline for grinding which is more difficult because every time you get got the map resets, unlike when there are other people there to fuck up the spawn timers.
Also technically isn't the full experience getting to high level, having your own school, being in a party with your students and running around fucking people and bots up? If so, you will never get there if you don't get gud™

>>388810219
one is stealing, the other is being a jew, you decide
>>
So, the game is good?
>>
>>388807668
anything with jackie chan
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Post your absolvers
>>
>playing the game and having a good time
>some brazillian faggot walks into the same area as me
>suddenly slingshotting everywhere and taking damage out of nowhere
>>
Am I missing something or is stagger style just bad ? You can use the push to interrupt attacks but i still eat too many hits. Using the school deck btw
>>
File: 20170831000711_2.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170831000711_2.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>388810649
Does the GoG torrent even work online? I know even if you torrent the GoG version of Grim Dawn you still can't play it online because it needs some verification or some shit.

>>388810172
Online play actually makes PVE a lot more fun. People generally seem to be pretty cool online and I've had more people come in to help me out than just try to fuck me over. It feels pretty fucking good when someone jumps in to help out while you're getting your ass kicked and you both end up co-oping an area together

WHICH IS WHY THEY NEED TO GET THESE SERVERS STABLE ASAP REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 20170831000833_1.jpg (205KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170831000833_1.jpg
205KB, 1680x1050px
>>388811214
Thats not to bad, i have never seen that mask before

>>388811398
its region locked
>>
I thought this game would be german at first but it turns out its parisian. Goddamn euros cant make a game to save their life. Absolver is not a good name for a pleasure activity. Those graphics are worrisomely autistic. And a fucking fighting game in 3rd person is not in of itself a good idea. in conclusion, fuck you Eurofaggots, I hope you enjoy yet another failure of a game because you don't understand freedom

Absolver sounds like it should be a womans hygiene product, I mean fuck off you illiterate morons.
>>
>>388811450
i think stagger has the highest skill gap, because it excels at mixups because your attacks can block incoming attacks from what i've read, basically you gotta keep a good rhythm up and if they don't use a breaker/power attack you should win out in damage output. Haven't used it myself but there aren't many people using it that understand it and use it well. Just experiment my man, the game is still a baby make the class good
>>
>>388811671
>a fucking fighting game in 3rd person is not in of itself a good idea.
oh yea we sure as hell need more 2d ones, you god damn autistic sperg
>>
>>388811565
>Does the GoG torrent even work online?

the steam version doesn't even work online
>>
File: 20170830234736_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170830234736_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>388811671
> REEEE FIGHTING GAMES SHOULD ONLY BE 1 V 1 ACROSS A 2D PLANE WITH LEVELS BEING NOTHING BUT DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS THAT HAVE NO EFFECT ON THE GAMEPLAY
>>
>>388811565
from what i know any torrent will need a crack, but i don't think the crack has been made yet, also >>388811754 z i n g
>>
>>388811838
GOG releases don't require cracks, the whole point of their site is games with no DRM
>>
File: 1504140854326.jpg (63KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1504140854326.jpg
63KB, 500x493px
who /proudoftheircombatdeck/ here?
>>
>>388811925
don't all online games from torrents need a crack to play on the real servers?
>>
>>388811716
dude liek 80% of 1v1 is stagger fags, its the lowest skill cap all the moves are just fast aoe shit, i fought so many stagger fags during the 3 hours the servers were up that i learned like 10 moves and added them into my combos because they are OP as fuck
>>
>>388811565
>Does the GoG torrent even work online?
>>388811925
GoG have their own online framework that you need a legit account to use.
>>
>tfw you perfect the repeating 12-hit combo
game's fun
>>
>>388812032
>dude liek 80% of 1v1 is stagger fags, its the lowest skill cap all the moves are just fast aoe shit
read again
>there aren't many people using it that understand it and use it well.
anyone can spam, but stagger when played right is high skill cap
>>
File: 1501908614036.gif (162KB, 329x353px) Image search: [Google]
1501908614036.gif
162KB, 329x353px
>>388811954
I was proud of my combat deck when I was in the harbor and I was mostly fighting 1-3 enemies at a time. I rolled Kahlt and my deck generally emphasizes hard hitting kicks and punches which worked great for that area. I'm somewhere around the bird outpost now and it seems like enemies come in larger mobs and use quicker and longer combos
>>
>>388812254
what makes it high skill cap? All the classes can learn the attacks. What special thing does stagger do?
>>
>>388811589
How do you get the boss masks ? Random drop chance for the bosses im guessing ?
>>
>>388792548
>farm strikes
>some dude joins and starts lagfest
>comes and kills guy you tried to farm new strike form
>deep bows, like he saved me and runs off
>>
>>388812481
their skill has to do with letting their attacks also be defensive, from the way i understand it basically instead of a hard defense skill like absorb or parry, you keep attacking and your attacks kind of take priority over theirs if timed right,
>>
File: 20170831000859_1.jpg (213KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170831000859_1.jpg
213KB, 1680x1050px
>>388812534
I got these from PVP rewards, i dont know if its random or not
>>
>Upper elbow is so slow people dodge INTO it.
This move is the best
>>
>>388812363
what way are you working around the map? I went from harbor into Oration and jesus some of those bots wreck you with their damage, only other difficult area i have found is the bird outpost because of the constant 2v1

>>388812536
i've said it multiple times itt, grind offline if you want bot grinding the connectivity is kinda poopy and online bot grinding is trash due to latency and fucked timers
>>
>>388812793
If I had to guess looking at the /asg/ map (mostly been wandering around) I went from the hunting path up to the forgotten temple and now I've made my way over to the bird outpost
>>
>>388812684
I've seen a lot of odd masks from PvP and high level grinding, not sure how many are possible since the game is young, but for the next few weeks i'm sure people will be getting seemingly one of a kind stuff which is dope
>>
>>388812639
I use Stagger base setup from the school and it's OP as shit high or low level. You just have to make sure you're constantly on the offensive.
>>
Are there any sword moves that are fast enough to not have it pushed out of your hand immediately ? Also charged haymaker is GOAT
>>
>>388813437
I think the major issue with it is that people will use the fact that it seems OP as a crutch and not actually learn how to play it well. It is a very strong school, but there is a gap between the way people play it now and the way it should be played

>>388813738
yes? I think so, but any good player can disarm you
>>
>>388813781
How should it be played? Idk I haven't done enough pvp yet but most people I've fought struggle against it. Also are there other schools aside from Stagger? Because I can't find them.
>>
>>388813908
The ones in character gen
>>
>my character is highest skil ceiling
multiplayer game 101
>>
>>388813960
No I meant how do I learn the others after making a character?
>>
>>388814016
Stagger is the only style you learn from an npc atm.
the rest is through player-made schools
>>
>>388814197
This is my biggest issue with the game- feels incomplete. Not enough of the game.
>>
>>388814347
yeah, with the servers down 24.7 the game seems empty as fuck
>>
>Try PvP
>Everyone is so fast

I should just find some quick moves to make loops.
>>
>>388815271
Just gotta use the power of spacing to cut in with a heavy kick
>>
>>388815343
Can you elaborate? I was thinking of making quick combos and putting thé heavy blows in alternate attack slots.

I'm not finished with pve so so far I haven't unlocked that much skills and I don't have access to third hits yet.
>>
>>388815516
Not that guy but I have no idea how to make sets, just used the original (with slight additions) and the default Stagger set (which is OP so far) I've noticed most of the skill is from the defensive play and watching your stamina. I applied the principle I was advised to do in Godhand and that was just mastering the original moveset til I started making modifications.
>>
>>388815516
What my set currently does is loops between the top two stances for my quick combo, some low profile uppercut and a straight punch, and then every other stances loop between each other but have more specialized tools, so for example my top right and bottom right loop to constantly do guardbreaks, and bottom left and bottom right have interrupts.

As long as you have some easily accessible tools your deck should be absolutely fine, it's more about self expression than a perfectly calculated formula.
>>
File: absolver.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
absolver.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>388811214
>>
>>388797884

gooks cant fight irl. replace with actual men.
>>
File: MTbvnE0.png (681KB, 486x701px) Image search: [Google]
MTbvnE0.png
681KB, 486x701px
>>388811214
>>
>>388813189
check out my post above this. Not to toot my own horn, but my mask is fucking awesome.

Literally as I was writing this I hopped on cause I heard some fighting sounds and one of the fighters had my mask on and now it's not as special
>>
you have to be level 30 to find jinn?
level 25, it's very tedious grinding when you're literally done with the whole story.
>>
So the deluxe edition only gives you art book and OST?
>>
>>388816342
>everyone who just became an absolver ever.
>>
File: 2v3B0QT.jpg (43KB, 423x840px) Image search: [Google]
2v3B0QT.jpg
43KB, 423x840px
>>388811214
>>
Why do the characters slouch so much?
>>
>>388817335
so that we /v/irgins will have an easier time identifying with them
>>
Lads. Lads. I just found out about this game. Please answer.

>Can you use weapons, if so is the Hanbō one?
>How many moves are made up in your deck at a time?
>Will I enjoy this coming from Tekken and USF4?
>>
>>388817535
Can only use swords and fist weapons for now, sticks come out later

you can have like 20 moves maximum but you start with like 10

It's a much more casual game than "real" fighting games, fights are a lot slower, there isn't combos or executions and all things are based on reads and utilizing your deck efficiently
>>
>>388817535
>Yes, but only swords and gauntlets
>You can have 16 moves, in your deck, plus another 16 with each of your weapons
>Who knows, maybe?
>>
>>388817535
You can use swords and gloves. Others weapons like staves might get in.
You unlock slots as you level up, max is 16 differents attacks from around 180 moves.
Dunno lol
>>
>>388792548
This game seriously looks boring as fuck. Why is everybody so hyped about it?
Are they just shills?
>>
>>388792548
I'm only a few hours into the game, and I find myself wrestling with the controls. To change the lock-on you have to press two buttons (hold shoulder button + stick) instead of fast one button toggle.

Changing stance attacks require a 3 button input, (Hold shoulder + stick + attack button). I game like this I think requires some sort of custom fight stick, where each action correspond with a single button action. As it is, I just don't think I'll ever get to a place where I'm 100% comfortable with the controls, no matter how much I try it just feels clunky.
>>
>>388818001
You shouldnt change your stance manually, its obtuse almost by design

The lock on sucks though they had a better system in the beta
>>
How exactly is Forsaken style Ip Man but Windfall isn't? Windfall is literally the exact same style he uses in the films.
>>
>>388817848
A regular human being obtains the ability to empathize at the age of five. How old are you?
>>
>>388792548
>Servers are fucked to the point where basic functions like dropping lock-on stop working, you spawn into the map frozen in place behind yourself and NPCs don't respond to you
>Rebinding controls is fucked, especially for KB+M on non-default layouts
>Load times are pretty fucked even on an SSD
>AI is fucking retarded
>NPC text crawl is completely random and will sometimes be fast, sometimes be skippable and sometimes be slow as balls
I want to like this game but these five issues piss me off.

>NPC has moves I want to learn
>They're always at the end of a long combo chain that they randomly feint out of
>Literally only do constant Falcon punches once they're actually in combat with me even if I parry them every time
I just want to learn kicks.

>>388817848
A common thing that people say is that it's less interesting to watch than to play
>>
>>388818001
Try rebinding the keyboard inputs for the stance keys to your controller if you're using something to reconfigure your inputs like Steam (though Steam is a pretty shit interface).
Changing lock-on targets is also just the scrollwheel for keyboard inputs.

if you're on PS4 though you're pretty fucked.
>>
>>388817848
What do you think? These threads started popping up about a week ago. Shills everywhere.
>>
>>388818680
Are you retarded? It's brand new and it's fun so people say "it's fun" in a thread about it and you call that shilling? Fuck off.
>>
File: criplivesmadder.jpg (164KB, 1225x1079px) Image search: [Google]
criplivesmadder.jpg
164KB, 1225x1079px
>>388818680
Anon, just come out and admit it. If it was a thread about a game you like, you'd be saying the same shit about it being fun. Just other people like something that you don't doesn't mean there's some kind of secret conspiracy against you to fill your brain with advertisements or fucking whatever
>>
Why people acting like the combat is deeper than it actually is?
>>
>>388795938
While you are avoiding your block goes down so if you avoid in the wrong direction you get hit.
>>
>>388819428
Because the combat actually is deep. Do you really think you can just get through the game or win PvP duels by mashing m1 and blocking while sitting in one stance?
>>
>>388819428
why you a faggot
>>
Poorman's For Honor
>>
>>388819428
>>388819428
It is pretty deep if you include feints.That lets you chain an unpredictable combo and make almost any point of the deck into your starting point.

So you have 8 starting attacks that with feints become 12 and you have 12 possible follow ups and you also have the same amount for your weapon + spells that you cast with shards + a special defense based on your style.
>>
Where do you get that fucking fur collar? I'm looking by the bridge near the stagger guy but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
Is this a game I should pick up on a whim with my friend and couch co-op together on two PS4s? How fun is playing with friends?
>>
>>388820024
Even if it was Poor Man's For Honor at least you can play it offline.
thanks Ubisoft, I love always online DRM so much
>>
>>388820641
It has Co op but it's not a Co op focused game.

The game is designed around PvP.
>>
>>388792548
How is this game with a keyboard?
>>
File: 1502686073457.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1502686073457.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>388822812
>How is this game with a keyboard?
Unplayable. You can't rebind essential moves. The devs lied. Also doesn't support 21:9 which the devs promised and even showed off in the trailers. Also has no functional online.
>>
>>388822676
>The game is designed around PvP.
>awful online infrastructure

So, souls A team worked on this?
>>
File: 1498180055716.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1498180055716.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
So its not worth buying right now, right?
>>
>>388792548

Game is heading for the decline ala dead game
>>
>>388823245
So this is the power of indie devs

Guess I won't get it then, I'm a potato with a controller
>>
>>388792548

Absolver failed. the end.
player-base is too small, Like i have predicted, the notion of "thousands of possible move combination" is bullshit, go watch some fights and see how everyone basically using the same moves, which appears to be like 6 moves.
will there be any "must have moves" everybody will use because they are better ? I asked ? "no of course not, being different is what makes you win"

Nope. game comes out and everybody using the same Van damme style aerial kick, everybody using the same moves because they are the best moves.

eventually everybody runs with some cookie-cutter build which is just "the best" and that's it. in 1 month player base will be like 2k on avg and that's the end with this game until they introduce more content.

not to mention single player is non existent and the entire "open world" thing was a meme, yeah , not a bad release for the joke which is 2017 in gaming.

a solid 7\10 which deserves less, but gets a 7 because 2016-2017 in gaming were fucking horrible.
our standards are non existing basically.
>>
>>388792548
Shill alert. Your game sucks brah.
>>
>>388824434
How is 2017 horrible? It has hollow knight, the best game ever made, and some other shit that people liked
>>
>>388792548
why would i buy this when i can play mordhau alpha in 2 weeks?
>>
>>388824434
2017 is the new 2014
>>
>>388824434
>game comes out and everybody using the same Van damme style aerial kick, everybody using the same moves because they are the best moves.
Or maybe they're using the same moves because you need to unlock the other ones you stupid shit.
>>
>>388809747
>God hand meets dark souls
I have never heard of Absolver tell me more
>>
>>388792548
>SOULZ
>>
>>388826959
It's a multiplayer game
>>
I don't understand how people can compare this game and For Honor. They're very different.

And I can't fathom how can anyone say this is superior to For Honor either.
>>
File: HappyNip.jpg (89KB, 479x441px) Image search: [Google]
HappyNip.jpg
89KB, 479x441px
Wow, this thread is still up. Got paid and finally bought the game just now. Waiting for it to download. I'm excited.
>>
OCE servers seem to be up. Real combat trials have been pretty fun
>>
File: 'oce server seems to be up'.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
'oce server seems to be up'.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>388828789
[doubt]
>>
should I buy this game on steam or gog
>>
>>388829947
Steam. Gog version is offline and they're assholes to the devs anyway.
>>
I bought this game, have had to play it mostly offline due to lag. After you become an "absolver" are you really confined to that initial area where you defeat the marked ones? Because honestly it feels like there is little to no more content.
>>
>>388828789
When in the menu, after connecting to the server, there's only one absolver IP connection and it sits at 240ms so I'm gonna go ahead and say OCE servers aren't up, at least for PC.
>>
>>388816342
how did u get that mask?
>>
>>388830317
>>388829881
Oh shit my bad, guess I've just been lucky with the p2p. roughly 10 matches with only 1 rubber banding.
>>
>>388820064
Feints are extremely niche thing and doesn't really do what feints should because every fucking faggot will push buttons in your feints or just continue to block. The only thing they are good for is safe approach, use some move that propels you and the feint it, or cycling through your deck.

There are mathematically superior moves too and you will be idiot not to use them if you can. Early pvp meta heavy revolves around tankiness so far as you can easily outlast your opponent if you go full hp/blunt armor. Charge attacks are silly overpowered too for that matter, there are nowhere near enough ways to consistently deal with someone who just go maximum unga with them.
>>
>>388830898
>Charge attacks are silly overpowered too
a lot of wind up, plus lost of moves that stuff them.
>>
>>388832246
There are not many double hit moves or moves fast enough to double weave into charge time, and if you build into tankiness you are happy to hp trade with pretty much anyone.
>>
>>388825961

no i like what i said better.
>>
>>388830898
You can use feints to skip the first hit from your combo and essentially start with a different hit that your enemy is not prepared for.An easy way to trigger guard breaking hits.
>>
>>388832985
>There are not many double hit moves
But there are plenty of attacks that literally are there to stop charged attacks. Any time an attack glows red (not that rocky looking stuff for a guard break) it will stuff charged attacks.
>>
>>388830898
>There are mathematically superior moves too and you will be idiot not to use them if you can

Exactly like what I said. yep.
some moves must be better than others , objectively better.

Because they hit the same area , have the same windup time and just do more damage. Thus using anything lesser is stupid.
This is why everybody use that Van-dame aerial swing-kick as a finisher, it's just one of the best ones in case you dodge away. say it isn't so. you can't !

This is the bane of all such games and Absolver is going to suffer for it greatly because it's basically a glorified 1v1 2v2 3v3 arena, single player "open world" is a meme.

they should have just made it arena mode, and not focus at all on single player aspects, let them be non existent - focus more on creating more moves and what not.

I could say they can save it but then again we are in 2017 the cursed fucking year of our lord where every game is doomed.
>>
>>388834524
>This is why everybody use that Van-dame aerial swing-kick as a finisher
You know that you can dodge up/down/front and back/left and right,right?
>>
>>388834524
>Thus using anything lesser is stupid. This is why everybody use...

You realize the more popular an attack is the easier it will be to defeat, right?

If 'Left Elbow Uppercut B' is used much more often than other attacks then players will be able to parry/dodge/absorb it that much easier. If someone made a combat deck full of mathematically superior decks, made a school and then a bunch of people joined the school because it is 'objectively the best', they will likely get completely thrashed by a player with a fucked up, non-metagame deck because they won't be familiar with his attacks while the non-metagame player will have had lots of practice against metagame moves.

Hopefully the devs tweak severely under/over-performing attacks but it's somewhat a self-balancing system.
>>
How the fuck do I unlock a weapon? I've picked up people's swords, but I want those fighting gloves
>>
>>388835157
you need to beat up the boss with the minions
that will unlock the gloves
>>
>>388834234
That's what i meant by cycling through your deck.

>>388834336
Interrupt attacks feel very shitty to use. They have a lot of startup, sometimes on par with faster charge ones even, they don't track worth a shit, they telegraphed by their glow like no tomorrow and you can't really stuff them in combos without gimping yourself, while having them on alternative attack is not that viable either, as you might not have enough time to get it off when the other guy mix in his haymaker or whatever.
>>
>>388834796
>>388835081
It doesn't really work that way, good moves might be familiar as fuck but as long as you don't know when it comes you can't really do much of a shit to deal with it. The game lends itself a lot to mixing shit up, so you can time your moves differently and make it that much harder to deal with them on reaction or anticipation. Besides some of the better moves just kinda works, for example 360 back kick, the other anon talks about tracks stupidly well and has fuckton of range, it catches all the dodges beside drunken backward one and windfall down and safe as fuck on block as it shits on the stamina.

You can't really parry it on reaction either, only on prediction, which can be played around all the same and punishing on parries is not very easy either as you have very limited time to get a strike in, especially with buffer parries that is popular at the moment and the only way to not get your shit pushed in if you whiff it.
>>
>Come back from work
>Steam tells me the game isn't installed on my computer

What the fuck?
>>
>>388836518
You can also dash rotate and make them switch combo line.You know that by rotating around and enemy he switches his stance depending on the direction.
>>
>>388836651
there was a small update not to long ago maybe that caused it?
>>
>>388836995
Maybe.

What the fuck though, Steam see that I have Absolver in the right folder but still download it again.
>>
Oh god I don't know which style to choose, send help
>>
>>388838273
All are usable on one character, eventually.

Absorb is not nearly as useful as avoiding or parrying and out of those two parrying is easier.
>>
>>388792548
>/v/ doesn't know how to describe a fighting game without comparing it to For Honor or Dark Souls
>>
>>388838561
yea I ended up taking forsaken because absorb seemed like shit and windfall like wing chun, atleast this reminds me of bruce lee
>>
>>388800337
I wouldn't use this as a good indicator for the pc crowd. There was a sale on GoG that included Furi, so I'm sure there's a decent crowd of players coming from there as well
>>
Is it working now or should i wait a few more days to buy it?
>>
>>388839572
You should wait until next week when servers are stable
>>
>>388839572
Wait till next big sale and see if content promises will be delivered.
>>
File: 1490442593384.jpg (80KB, 1018x784px) Image search: [Google]
1490442593384.jpg
80KB, 1018x784px
I've no idea where the fuck I'm going in this game
>>
File: 1504061508394.jpg (35KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1504061508394.jpg
35KB, 900x900px
>>388792548
Ebin advertising on /v/ for a shit game nobody even wants. Yes please give me a fighting game with awful fighting where I can awkwardly peck away at somebody while flailing with horrible animations. Some ideas are just bad, this was one of them. Games like this are what happens when an autist dev doesn't get pushed down enough to finally realize their idea is terrible.
>>
>>388842657
here's your reply
>>
>>388838627
>Devolver shill doesnt know what a fighting game is
>>
>>388841260
Rest at a pillar and you'll get a shitty map.
You're the green dot.
Approximate the location of everything else based on the dot.
>>
>>388812032
I've only fought like 2 staggers so far
>>
>>388812230
I just have a 6 hit combo that loops until I run out of stamina or decide to end with a different combo
>>
>>388812751
same with the spinning windup punch
>>
>>388823493
that's what I've gathered
>>
File: Uppercut.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Uppercut.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
one of the most common complaints I see is that the feel of the attacks isn't satisfying but i really don't understand it

it has the meatiest, whallop-iest hits in any game I've played. Ragdolling someone with a high-strength attack feels fucking incredible.
>>
How is the connection for this game on PS4? I have friends to play with on PS4, but if it's better on PC, I might go with that version.
>>
>>388845982

I haven't run into any *teleports behind you* shenanigans yet after like 4 hours. But I'm also on FiOS.
>>
>>388845835
A lot of people praise the combat sound and visual design, yes. Hits are meaty and satisfying.
>KO with a punch/kick to the gut
>Enemy is blown back onto his stomach holding his gut
>KO with a heavy high kick
>Enemy tumbles end over end
There's also a bit of ragdoll before the body fades away, so you can see someone's body flop off a bridge.
>>
File: Hammered.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Hammered.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
that fucking feel when
>>
File: parrying.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
parrying.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>
>>388830425
To be honest, not completely sure. Just randomly found it from PvE
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.