[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching some "pros" playing fighting games >90%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: sf4.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sf4.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>watching some "pros" playing fighting games
>90% of the time they're trying to poke each others with long range attacks
>then someone gets a hit into a combo and the match ends
>every single match is like this

How can people enjoy watching this stuff? It's boring as fuck.
>>
>watchin some 'pros' playing chess
>90% of the time they're just sitting there looking at the board
>then someone moves a piece and the match ends
>every single match is like this

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH CHESS?
>>
>>388778526
Not OP, but chess is hella interesting if you also play and pay attention to what's going on on the board. "I see what he's trying to do there, he's attempting to force the queen out of position" or "The fuck? He's left his bishop open"

Fighting games are just "whoa that reaction" over and over again. There's no real game plan to be observed.
>>
>watchin some "pros" playing basketball
>90% of the time they're just dribbling the ball and passing it
>then someone shoots and gets 3 points, and the match ends
>every single game like this

I think we can literally use this argument with everything. OP, you're a genius, I think you may just have solved all of the worlds problems
>>
>>388778832

you're a retard
>>
>>388778832
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>388778832
retard
>>
ITT: Brainlets who aren't familiar with the given options in the game and therefore can't comprehend the resulting mindgame.
>>
>>388778832
How retarded are you?
>>
>>388778832
retard
>>
>>388778832
t. Someone who has no idea about the mentality of fighting games

Go read some guides about fighting game fundamentals and then go watch some matches. Even if you yourself aren't good at playing fighting games, you can also somewhat understand how the best players try to condition their opponents, set up combos, and try to maximize damage
>>
>>388778832
nimrod
>>
>>388778980
That's not accurate though. Basketball is boring because the point scores are way too frequent. There's no tension.

Something like soccer (I dislike all sports, don't get me wrong) can have a giant swing simply by scoring once or twice. That's quite fun for those who like to build tension and study the field - boring if you're in it for the scores.
>>
ITT Butthurt fighting game fags
Your genre is dying out because its stale as fuck just FYI
>>
>>388778832
Obviously baiting here. The correct answer is that they're both boring as shit.
>>
>>388778832
>I see what he's trying to do here, he's attempting to go for a mixup
>the fuck, he just did an unsafe on block move
>>
>>388779553
>That 20 minute Gamerbee vs Infiltration EVO match where Gamerbee is constantly healing with Elena

the slowest, longest, most interesting fighting game match I've ever watched
>>
>>388779265
To be honest, every video game is boring, and so is any sport, they're based on mundane tasks and their repetition. If we're gonna look at things with an elitist perspective, everything is gonna become boring, even physics at some point, and that is why being a nihilist has its flaws, and is unhealthy just in itself
>>
Only 1v1 game worth watching is Quake. Any iteration really, even Champions is great to watch. As opposed to fighting games.
>>
>>388779304
retard
>>
>>388779050
>>388779056
>>388779098
>>388779157
>>388779162
>>388779232
ok

>>388779209
t. Someone who can't read

I've played every SF bar V. OP was opened a discussion about what games are like to watch, not what they're like to play. Chess gives you some serious insight into the player's mentality, to use your phrasing. Watching SF is simply about watching reaction time and gasping in amazement - you haven't a clue what's going on in the competitors heads other than "Will he take a risk? Yes, he took the risk".
>>
>>388779693
Having a discussion and playing devil's advocate does not mean conceding that every argument is simultaneously right and wrong.

I personally believe basketball's point scoring system kills the tension early on in the game, unless you have two seriously good teams who are constantly neck and neck. I'm curious what counter-arguments there are - I think I've made a very good point.

I actually prefer playing basketball to soccer, not that I'm particularly enthusiastic about either.
>>
>>388777967
That's what I always wondered with guilty gear.
Watching people who have fun with it play is totally different than watching so-called pros play it. People having fun makes the series look incredible, while pro-play just looks like a bunch of dull faggots playing shufflepuck.
>>
>>388780034
you're right, watching basketball is a daunting task that I can't bear, it's just the same back and forth. Unlike when you're the one playing, which then gives you the adrenaline pump that any sport gives, and the same can be applied to fighting games, where you can only appreciate how hard it is to mimic a pro player by having tried doing what he does.
>>
>>388780439
Pretty much this!
I also prefer watching Overwatch to stuff like CS:GO because while it's about cooldowns and reaction times, it's got that little bit more interest in team comp and how they play that out. Who initiates, where they push from in the map, who flanks etc. While like you say, you can only appreciate the technical skill by doing the same - the specific team game plan each push is what makes it somewhat interesting to me. (as a decent pharah main, I never expected dogfights in the pro scene for example)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.