[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm here since 2006. I don't get the console wars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 30

File: The Mythical Switch.jpg (306KB, 870x1160px) Image search: [Google]
The Mythical Switch.jpg
306KB, 870x1160px
So I'm here since 2006.

I don't get the console wars.

Back then I had no job. A computer from 2002 and 0 consoles. It was weird to me.

Then later after university I just had money.

Got A PS3/PC/Nintendo DS/PSP

Today I Have a PC(i7 + 1070)/PS4/Switch/3DS/Vita.

I also have a 42" TV...

I live in Croatia and my average is 500$ a month.

How the fuck do you people not own all the consoles and a shitload of games?
>>
I think some people have the money, but just identify with certain brands. Conversely, when someone else insults the brand they identify with, they feel as if they're insulting them by extension. As if they're insulting their taste in video games.
>>
>>388766131
>I live in Croatia and my average is 500$ a month.

i hope this is a student job my dude
>>
>>388766239
>>388766131

meant to quote OP obviously, sorry
>>
>>388766323

Yeah, I get you.
>>
>>388766239
Obviously not. It's IT in the poorest region on Croatia. But it's a easy job I can't complain gives me a lot of time to game.
>>
>>388765887

Some people are weak-minded and gullible, so they believe that they will truly belong to some kind of community if they choose one platform and shill for it, shitposting on /v/ all day and refusing to play anything else even if they can afford it.
>>
I just enjoy the type of games Nintendo make more than others

I used to love Sony, more than Nintendo back in PS1/PS2 days but when they moved to making cinematic games I grew to hate them.
>>
>>388766131
How do you identify with Sony or Nintendo or whatever?

It's just a fucking company that takes your money for entertainment.

I pretty much always got AMD ATI Intel or Nvidia purely based on performance to price.

I got a R9 390 before my 1070 GTX because it was cheaper then the 970 GTX here. Later it broke and I got a partial refund so I got a 1070 GTX because there was no AMD cards of that tier.

It's hard for me to grasp that someone would spend tons of money on a "brand" that offers lower performance just because it's a brand.

Like if say you could only get one console with your limited buget I'd get the PS4 Slim right now. Yet some people seem to have only gotten a Wii U years ago...
>>
>>388766967
the same way someone can identify with a football team or a restaurant they really like, stop being autistic
>>
>>388766470
What kind of job is it?
Just curious but no need to answer if you don't want to.
>>
Isn't Croatia a shit hole? Why isn't Croatia as nice as most other first world countries?
>>
>>388765887
broke ass college student who can't afford dick atm.
>>
>>388767328
it's a Balkan country
>>
>>388767328
>eastern europe

You answered your question already anon.
>>
What is there to get?
It's just shitposting.
>>
>>388767218
No it's not the same thing.
Your hometown team is not the same as a company from another country, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>388766967

It depends. There's nothing really wrong with getting a Wii U at the moment, considering all of its games have gotten released. If anything it may even be the better choice for some because they could potentially get like, 20 games on it, VS PS4 which is still building up its library. Now some might argue PS4 is better because it's continuing to get good games right now. It really just depends on your preferences.

Part of what starts console wars is this assumption that someone is clearly making a worse choice than you, when in reality they're just making a different choice. It's their life, and they can purchase what they want. If someone wants to go to Dunken Donuts for coffee, I'm not going to tell them they're purchasing a worse beverage than I am. There's no point. The way I see it is, I'll mind my own business and just drink my choice of coffee, while someone else drinks theirs.
>>
>>388765887
brand loyalty is something ingraned in our genes, just like how people get devoted to their preferred sports team, tv series, character, director, writer etc.
>>
>>388767537
it doesn't make sense because you're an autistic spastic

learn about humans and how they are tribal, like to belong to a side
>>
>>388767760
Literally this, I own all consoles but identify with what Nintendo does the most (aka not making shitty pc boxes and providing me with portable console games which I need in a busy schedule)
>>
>>388765887
Someone post that pic of Kamiya telling all console warriors to get a job
>>
>>388767302
Front End Dev.

>>388767328
Ignoring the rape by Turks, Austrians and Hungarians. We also got raped by communism and then we got raped by our own politicians greed.

Lots of rape son. It's bad for you.
>>
>>388767553
Well the vast majority of you here are rich fags compared to me. Yet I bought all the consoles. So the console war concept has very little meaning to me when you people earn 20.000$ a year and up meanwhile I earn 6000$ a year.
>>
File: el-clasico-main.jpg (38KB, 759x423px) Image search: [Google]
el-clasico-main.jpg
38KB, 759x423px
>>388767537
>Your hometown team
The fuck? You think people only get devoted to their hometown team? These two teams have millions if not billions of fans all over the world.
>>
>>388768190

I don't know anon, a lot of people here are NEETs, unless their parents are buying them shit.

You probably manage your money better than most on this board. We have people spending thousands of dollars on pay to win games, and then crying about being out of money. Honestly, I'm like you. I made like, $8000 in the last year and still managed to buy everything I wanted, including a new graphics card.

Maybe your budget just makes you better at managing your finances than /v/. But yeah, console wars are stupid. It's like arguing over graphics cards, or lawn mowers, or shoes. Who gives a shit? Just buy what you want.
>>
>>388767760
I get the side belonging. I feel Croatian and European I feel my hometown oga boga we wuz kangs n shit.

I just don't get the Intel vs AMD, Nvidia vs AMD, Sony vs Microsoft, Nintendo vs Sony/Microsoft hated debates where people waste hours talking, shitposting, making memes.

When they can just buy everything and play the best games.

I'm mostly playing Zelda and Splatoon 2 now. A month or more ago I was playing Crash Bandicoot. Before that it was FFXIV for months. Before that it was Persona 5.

Why limit your experiences based on MUH SONY.
>>
>>388765887
good for you
>>
>>388766560
this.
>>
>>388768484
Well I do not have loans and I live with my parents just like everyone in Eastern Europe. The 500$ a month I spend on Food, Games, Plastic shit (anime figures) and saving for my next trip to Japan. Takes about 2000$ or so to go there really if you got 4 people to Airbnb for around 3 weeks.
>>
>>388768486
>I just don't get the Intel vs AMD, Nvidia vs AMD, Sony vs Microsoft, Nintendo vs Sony/Microsoft hated debates where people waste hours talking, shitposting, making memes.
The same reason people are fanboys of everything else like sports teams?

What don't you get?
>>
>>388768486
>>388766967
>>388765887

I agree with you completely. Although I'm European, too, so that may have something to do...

Brand loyalty is being stupid. Same goes for consoles. Play whatever the fuck you want and enjoy.
>>
>>388768578

Listening here dipshit, sometimes you space shit because you think you wrote enough to warrant spacing, even if you didn't really need to do it. This has nothing to do with leddit. Stop mentioning that cancerous website.
>>
File: cry.gif (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
67KB, 600x450px
>>388768578
Anon I've been using this kind of spacing for over 10 years here.

I don't give a fuck I like my posts to be readable.
>>
>>388768749
You cheer for a sports team because you like the players, the personalities, the team as a whole, maybe it's form your hometown?

Sony is a mindless company that sells you a console and makes 10 exclusive games over 7 years for it.

Microsoft is so cucked it doesn't even give you 3.

So yeah you're paying 300$ to 500$ and then justifying your purchase I guess? Shit you americans probably spend more at starbucks or mcdonalds in a year.
>>
>>388765887
no point I don't have the time for 3 consoles video games don't consume my life anymore
>>
>>388768724

Yeah I have loans. I have more debt than money. My net worth is shit. I live with my parents too, I spend about the same as you on food, vidya, bills, credit debt, cigars, and coffee. I lived in Japan for the better of the year, taught English there. Saved up about $4000, and it still wasn't enough. Had to take a loan from the company I worked for in order to survive.

Here in murrica, it's all about debt. You can't survive unless you take on some sort of loan. They stress credit score a lot here.
>>
>>388769050
If you don't have time to play video games on another consoles I'm pretty damn sure you don't have time to go around wasting 2 hours of your time daily to shitpost here about MUH SONY MUH NINTENDONT
>>
>>388769041
>Sony is a mindless company that sells you a console and makes 10 exclusive games over 7 years for it.
People like Sony because they like their systems, the same reason people like a team, because they like their players, regardless of what you personally think of them, they just don't share your opinion, simple as that.
>>
>>388769041
This man speaks the truth. Listen to him and learn to live, ameriturds.
>>
File: 1503934002125.png (1005KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1503934002125.png
1005KB, 1280x738px
>>388765887
>That controller
>>
>>388769041

>So yeah you're paying 300$ to 500$ and then justifying your purchase I guess? Shit you americans probably spend more at starbucks or mcdonalds in a year.

We probably do. I do a lot of frivolous spending on food, coffee, and tobacco. But to be fair, the more disposable cash you have, the more you're likely to spend it on shit that you really don't need. We Americans live this way because we do have an awful lot of disposable income.

When I lived in Japan I was going out to eat at ramen shops, buying smokes, alcohol, going to clubs etc. I was more likely to do any activity that involved spending money, rather than free shit like backpacking, going to temples, all that.
>>
>>388769195
nice projection
>>
OP, you're the man!
>>
It's mostly autistic Nintenbros who post console war stuff. If you contain them to their own board there would be no console war threads.
>>
File: 61753364_p0.jpg (283KB, 640x1280px) Image search: [Google]
61753364_p0.jpg
283KB, 640x1280px
>>388769394
After using it for 2 weeks. It feel so weird to hold a DS4 in my hand for some reason.
>>
>>388769715

Honestly, this shit is just as stupid. Like, why would you call someone a "Nintenbro" or "Sonybro"? I don't call people who go to Dunken Donuts "Dunkendrones".

>Stupid Nikedrones, buying their basketball shoes. I bet you guys don't even play basketball. Top kek.
>>
>>388769573
To be far I was in Japan everything you mention is cheap except going to clubs.

You can drink shit on the street. Literally go to a 7/11 and drink in a park. And a lot of nips seem to do exactly that.

Ramenshops are all below 1000 yen.

>>388769681
What?
>>
>>388765887
Because this board is literally comprised of children and you should have left a long time ago. They will grow up.
>>
File: Same Face Same Shit Same Tears.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Same Face Same Shit Same Tears.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>388769997
Fucking Lakerdrones obviously Chickago Bulls is the best.

But yeah this. It's literally a "let's not talk about this I don't know how to retort" the adhominem.

I call you a Nintenbro so you lost our conversation HAH!
>>
>>388770056

Honestly, it was kind of expensive for me. At least, where I lived. Even in the ramen shops, I was spending upwards of 1,000 yen.

Clothes were especially problematic. Most of the places I went to had shirts that were like, 7,000 yen. Belts were around 10,000 too, and don't even get me started on dress shirts, ties, etc. Unless I found a Uniqlo, I was out of luck and had to pay out the ass.

I liked being able to smoke anywhere though. I would hang with a couple of nips and smoke some cigars outside konbinis.
>>
>>388765887
Kek fucking this
>>
>>388769715
Here's the sonyfag with the persecution complex, like clockwork. The fact that images like the one explaining the sun/moon 'shitch' fag are even made is proof enough that you are desusional
>>
>>388768059
>By turks
>implying
You get wat you deserve
>>
>>388765887
Is all of croatia nice?
I've only been to split and dubrovnik. the adriatic sea is nice.
>>
>>388770274

>Fucking Cubsdrones, you didn't win this year, KEK

I know sports fans can sometimes be childish, and I've heard them screaming while watching a game. But can you imagine if they acted like this on top of everything else? It would be embarrassing.
>>
>>388770301
Thats a lot for a Belt.

But to be honest 7000 yen for a shirt isn't that much if it's a brand. I'd pay the same here in Croatia for Nike or some shit.

What I do IRL here is I try clothes out in a shop and just buy online cheaper.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=T%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3%83%84
>>
>>388770869

Maybe I was just looking in all the wrong places. Hold on, I'll find the shirt and tell you what brand it was.
>>
>>388771162

The brand is, Takeo Kikuchi
>>
>>388765887

>croatia
Why are all the croatians in my home town such shit bags. It was like some shitty cult. Cute girls though
>>
File: 401.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
401.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>388770646
I mean you probably won't find any parts of it that look like stereotypical Eastern Europe as portrayed by American media.

Since we're not terribly developed and we were Austro Hungarian most city cores look very Central European Empire style. Same as Czech Cities or Hungarian ones.

Our commie blocks tend to look different since we didn't have Eastern Block Communism but our own do not steal brand that sort of tolerated capitalism and religion etc...

If you're coming to Croatia might as well try continental Croatia to see some village live and such from long ago. Depends on what interests you.

>>388770676
Honestly I think sports fans respect each other a lot more then video game fans. So thats why they don't steep down to that level. Here it's like we're Nazis looking down on dirty presant nonhuman jews.

Sports seems more like it's Germany vs France in WW1
>>
>>388771486

Yeah I noticed that too. Some Sox fans were happy for the Cubs and Cubs fans by extension when they won the world series. Meanwhile, if Switch or PS4 sells well, all hell breaks lose, and there's a shitstorm. I hate to stereotype, but perhaps it has something to do with the fact that a bunch of NEETs and autists are interested in video games. I mean, they tend to be infantile.
>>
>>388765887
I'm about to spend $4 000 on a new PC and monitors, and posible another $1 000 on a new drum kit. I could buy all consoles, I just prioritise differently.
>>
>>388768486
I get the Intel vs AMD because of Intels shady, anticonsumer business practices. Sony vs Microsoft makes 0% sense to me, they're both shit.
>>
>>388771268
Yeah I've googled him seems like some fancy guy.

Honestly I found Japanese fashion weird but the standard salary man outfit so pants+shirt or a t-shirt to be pretty cheap.

And honestly here in Croatia we can't get decent stuff like this. We got Zara and shit that costs pennies compared to Japan for the same stuff I imagine but I hate that hippster shit they sell.

You can walk into an AOKI with 5.000~20.000 yen and come out smooth as fuck.

I'm always a bargain hunter so I spend time online researching everything I buy.

>>388771287
Diasporas always shit especially the Balkan kind thats pround of their home country and how "great" it is. Where are you from?
>>
>>388766945
I feel ya. I own plenty of Sony consoles, and I have a varied library of games, but all I can find myself clinging to right now is Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8.
>>
>>388771784
I spend what 1500$ or 2000$ on my PC got an Ultrawide and all.

Yeah I did notice you guys tend to spend like 1000+ dollars on music equipment you tend to not use as much. At least the people I know.

The most I spend on something like that was 200$ for a Drawing Tablet and now it's here collecting dust.
>>
>>388771965

Man, I just wish I was rich in Japan. It would have been a more fun experience. All the rest of the expats were living on mommy and daddy's dime. One of them getting a credit card with a huge fucking limit. Meanwhile I was struggling and in debt. It fucking pissed me off. I loved malls like Aeon, but I couldn't afford shit. The rest were spending money like no tomorrow, and not even sneezing at it. It made me sick. I was pretty jealous, watching a bunch of rich salarymen impress their dates at bars, buying expensive crab dinners and shit. Fuck me, being an ALT sucked balls.
>>
>>388765887
>>388765887
As I think nintendo should go third party where is their place, I refuse to buy ANYTHING from them to do so. Besides that always can emulate it aftervsome time.
>>
>>388772023
>>388766945
I do agree with this say Horizon Dawn vs Zelda...

Actually fuck Horizon Dawn... Witcher 3 or Skyrim fully moded vs Zelda.

I might actually prefer Zelda BOTW. And I can't belive i'm saying this.

A fucking shitty 900p tablet game is somehow more fun to me then some of the best looking shit on a i7 6700k+1070 GTX on Ultrawide.

But I sure am not going to say Switch > PS4 SONYDRONES BTFO.

Playstation 4 is an excellent console and has a very fun library.
>>
>>388772469

Honestly, as far as handhelds go, Switch is pretty high quality, especially for its price range. Obviously its power pales in comparison to its competitors like Xbone and PS4, but it's decent for what you're paying. Tegra X1 isn't bad at all.
>>
>>388772462

Well my man, you can keep refusing to buy their shit. They're probably going to be around after you die. Same goes for people waiting for Microsoft or Sony to go the way of the dinosaur. Companies can go on for centuries.
>>
Sony fan here. I confess that nintenbros going with their "hurr Nintendo is the only good vidya company" angers me and i feel forced to call them on their bullshit. It's a vicious circle.
>>
>>388772170
Musical equipment, especially drums, is expensive. The drum kit I currently own cost me $500, and I consider it entry level (that is not including the $400 I've spend on cymbals and $600 I spent on high-end pedals). I don't think anyone likes spending that much, but you have to if you're not happy with playing on literal trashcans.
>>
File: Aeon.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Aeon.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>388772390
Living in Tokyo is a fucking dream and it's very hard to decribe it to people who didn't live it... Fuck the "American Dream" compared to it...

The sheer convenience of the 7/11/Sankasu/Lawson/Family Markt shit it's 4 am and you can get anything and everything.

The trains run on the fucking second you literally don't need a car. You can order anything online. Shitloads of small interesting caffees, ramenya, gyudons..

Suika/Pasmo/IC card in genral. Fill em up you just BEEP and everythings is done.

The countless vending machines that allow you to get a drink anywhere. I sear I was spending 500 yen daily just on vending machines and there so much to drink. All these drinks I've never seen before or tasted. Melon Cream Soda is amazing.

The obscure small bars and clubs hidden away somewhere.

I would love to live in Tokyo.

But there a huge drawback. Working there is fucking hell. Yeah if I won the Eurolottery or something I'd live in Tokyo forever...
>>
>>388772824

Well, I'm a Nintendo fan, and I feel the same when I hear others going "KIDDY SHIT! NINTENDIES BTFO!". That kind of shitposting bothers me.

I know it shouldn't, considering Nintendo like Sony and Microsoft is just a faceless corporation, but for odd reason I can't seem to grasp this in the moment. We get defensive because we're being manipulated into doing so. The Sega VS Nintendo console war was the greatest thing to ever happen to these companies because it made us advertise their products for them. We, the consumers, because the ones to defend and advertise their brands. And the best part is, WE DO IT FOR FREE. We don't even get paid to do this shit.
>>
>>388772824
>>388773196

I think we are doing progress here.
>>
>>388772692
What impressed me the most was the physics. Somehow I feel games had forgotten about them over time. HL 2 had great physics and then nothing.

Menwhile the number of interactions in Zelda ruining on shitty ARM mobile CPU is amazing.
>>
>>388772806
So emulation and very late used things with cfw. Also there is no point for ms or sony to go third party, because they don't have many own games
>>
Where the fuck do I buy the splatoon-color joycons by themselves, I bought a switch before they announced it and I am FUMING
>>
File: Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>>388773184

I lived in Okayama, in the sticks. It was hell. Biking in all sorts of shitty weather, having to pay my bills at konbinis instead of online. Biking with groceries, biking home after getting off the train. Having a bunch of old people everywhere, not being the charisma man I was told I would be. Being all alone. My experience was so much different than yours. I wanted to live in Osaka city, I wanted to be surrounded by the lights, I wanted to be near Super Potato, I wanted to be near Ebisubashi. I wanted it all. Instead, I was living in Squalor, in a shitty Leo Palace apartment, out in the middle of nowhere.

You want to talk about a monkey's paw? That's my experience, right there.

>I want to live in Japan!
>Granted, but you're going to be poor as dirty, not find any romance, and you'll live in shitty conditions in the middle of rice fields

There were times where I wanted to kill myself, to jump in the lake behind me and freeze to death.
>>
>>388773346

So what do we do about it doctor? How can we fix our relationship?
>>
>>388773358

I was impressed by them as well. Being able to burn practically things, including my weapon, cutting the grass, chopping wood, making fires, using objects near by like boulders to kill monsters.

Fuck it makes me want to play this game again! I say this as someone who has never liked Zelda before, this game has made me interested in the franchise.
>>
File: IMG_20161011_094254.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_094254.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>388773184
Also the fact that you can leave your wallet next to your umbrella on the street and the nips will steal the umbrella is amazing.

I got my umbrella stolen quite a few times in the kombini...

I accidentally left my wallet in a caffee and it was there 3 hours later on the table. They just moved it to the side a bit... Sasuga Coco Curry.

>>388773798
Aww damn man I feel sorry for you... yeah I visited Kyoto and had Airbnb for a week in Muko.

I had to walk up a 30° road for a good 40 minutes to get home from the train. Pictured here.

Muko felt very different it didn't feel like Tokyo at all I have to say. And I can understand your frustration totally. I had to only live 1 week like this I can't imagine a year.

There one was 7/11 near the train station and another one was across the mountain 20 minutes it was a lawson... very different from my 5 minute walk in any direction in Tokyo.
>>
>>388774030
I played Zelda on the SNES years ago.

I tried some of the DS and 3DS ones that looked like the SNES one but never really stuck with them.

So technically this was my first Zelda game too. Now I wanna go and play Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask to get all the references in BOTW.
>>
File: 1475395896293.png (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475395896293.png
121KB, 500x500px
>>388769394
I'm honestly considering buying a Splatoon 2 pro controller right now even though I don't have enough cash for the whole console just so I have an Ex-Aid colored controller when I eventually do.
>>
File: fuck this justiceless earth.jpg (98KB, 429x468px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this justiceless earth.jpg
98KB, 429x468px
>>388774263
>and the nips will steal the umbrella
>>
>>388774263

Nips steal your umbrella? Jesus Christ. I lost my passport one time, and one of them returned it to the police station. Lucky me. I was sure I would be fucked.

Honestly, a big part of it was money. If I wasn't so poor my experience would probably be better. In all honesty I never went to Tokyo, I couldn't afford it. My co-workers, the expats, were going to all sorts of neat places. I was jealous as hell, and just in my apartment with nothing to do.

The first few weeks were amazing, because I was living in a Hotel in the city. That was great. I could walk to a konbini a mere 5 minutes from me, go to a yakitori shop, eat what I want (I had more money when I first came to Japan), go to Bic Camera. But as soon as I got in my apartment, shit hit the fucking fan. My experience took a nose dive. Work was fun, teaching English was fun, regular life, at least for me, not fun. What I concluded, at least for me, was that Japan is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Kyoto sounds nice though, I really wanted to go, so fucking bad, but I had no money to do it. Those bamboo trees are amazing looking.
>>
>>388774837
Isnt the legal system in japan slanted as fuck towards the prosecution? its kinda funny considering all the memes about americans suing for everything
>>
>>388774992

So I've heard, not completely sure though.
>>
>>388774263
>and the nips will steal the umbrella
Those bastards
How can they call that a society?
>>
File: UGreen.jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
UGreen.jpg
90KB, 800x800px
>>388774718
OP here I love it. I payed an insane amount just to get it here in Croatia. About 105$. But it was worth it and the camera doesn't do justice how neon the color are.

I mostly play my switch docked as a TV console and the pro controler is a must have if you ask me.

Also get this USB > LAN thing for 10$ on ebay or alibaba improves stuff a lot in splatoon 2.

My only complain it the rumble motors are the same as the joy cons yet the mass is bigger so it's not as strong. You can especially tell in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

But overall I'd say it's a must have. The Controler doesn't have to be splatoon but it does look awesome.
>>
>>388768456
They're called customers for a reason, not real fans.
>>
File: 傘.jpg (40KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
傘.jpg
40KB, 604x453px
>>388774789
>>388774837
>>388775112

Yeah like you even get that red dot mark in the kombini umbrellas so you can stick it to it so you know it's yours.

Fuckers didn't care. 3 times I got mine stolen, bought a new one 2 times the 3rd time I was so mad I just too a random white 7/11 one. I mean umbrellas cost what 500 yen or something cheap as fuck. But boy I was mad.

>>388774837
Dude save up if you can and go there next time with like 5000$ for a few weeks you'll have a different time. Honestly I feel like I could go there 500 times and still see new shit. Thats why I'm saving to go next year.

>just in my apartment with nothing to do.
Yeah I know this feeling I watched a lot of TV. Internet was shit too because I couldn't get real internet just mobile and it has caps. I'm used to my 120 Mbit here.
>>
>>388773897

Some hardcore fuck would do the trick.
>>
>>388775624

Strangely enough internet was amazing in Leo Palace, better than the hotel. I could play a lot of vidya with no problem. The TV sucked, it was something from the early 2000s with no HDMI output. Plus, their television shows suck too, outside of some anime. I do plan on visiting next time, but I will never live there again. If like you, I somehow won the lottery, I wouldn't mind chilling in Tokyo, an actual civilized part of Japan. Or Osaka. The konbini umbrellas suck by the way, they always break.

Here, have a picture of Kurashiki.
>>
File: 1459629990081.png (162KB, 494x388px) Image search: [Google]
1459629990081.png
162KB, 494x388px
>kupio je Switch
>>
File: Toudai.jpg (2MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Toudai.jpg
2MB, 1500x2000px
>>388774837
But I guess you are mad at Japan now and probably wont visit it again for some time I'm guessing?

I have a friend who goes to Toudai hes doing a doctorate. He has a nice stipend, he has girlfriend form the university. But he can't do anything fun because hes stuck in the lab working for 16 hours a day getting home and then doing it over and over again. He says actual work in Japan is hell. And even if hes in Tokyo he doesn't get to experience anything.

Excuse the picture I only made a overexposed photo at night.
>>
>>388776156

It's more like I'm tsundere for Japan. I talk like I hate it, but I actually want to experience the best parts of Japan.

I'll go again, if I ever have the money. Not to live of course, but to visit. Right now I'm just working on getting my TESOL certificate so I can maybe teach English here in the states.
>>
>>388776341

But yeah, I don't envy your friend. I would love to have a girlfriend while living in Japan, but working 16 hour days would destroy me. It was bad enough working 12 hour overnights as a security guard. I can't imagine 16 hours. That sounds like hell. I would probably hang myself like many other salarymen, or take up drinking as a way to medicate myself.
>>
File: Inari.jpg (760KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Inari.jpg
760KB, 2000x1500px
>>388775890
Well they do cost 500 yen...

Also damn thats a picture picture. Always fascinating how they can make the most mundane things look awesome. Japan is so photogenic...

If you ever do go to Kyoto go to Inari. By god it was amazing. Just shockingly good. It impressed me more the any other tourist trap or castle or anything.

I walked there for hours.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inari_shrine

Just fucking amazing.

And Kyoto in General that old reconstructed part with the park literally looks like medival Japan I was very impressed.
>>
>>388776642

Oh that's nice. My friends went to Inari, it looks beautiful. One day I would like to travel there.

Okinawa is a big one though. I want to fly there. Here's a shitty one of a castle I visited in Korakoen.
>>
File: Kyoto.jpg (899KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Kyoto.jpg
899KB, 1500x2000px
>>388776492
Well he seemed depressed as hell. He said he loves Japan but he wants to find some decent work thats like in a foreign company or something.

More of Kyoto also this.

>>388776861
But yeah there so much to see it's mind boggling.
I'm afraid to go to China or Korea... there so much to see there as well...
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3959.html
>>
>>388765887

I don't want all of them.
I'd also prefer to save my money as much as possible and buy games sparingly.

Nothing against xbox, but nothing it offers really appeals to me. The xbone s looks pretty imo, but that's not enough to justify getting one.

Handhelds don't really appeal to me, or at least not enough current releases. However, I did get a 3ds for my birthday couple years ago with pokemon Y and I had fun with that for a while, but that's all I have.
I do play emulators on my phone with a dedicated controller sometimes, though.

If any PS4 game catches my eye, chances are my friend already owns it I can play it later on when we have time to hang out.

I did get a switch recently and currently trying to 100% BoTW after spending so much money.

Main focus is still my PC. Cost about $900-1000 and it's been great to me for a few years now. I only get games when they're on steam sale.
>>
Stop

Posting

In

Reddit

Spacing

Please
>>
>>388777007

A foreign company (not China mind you. Those companies are horrible) would be good. Preferably an international one that's westernized. The good thing about the company I worked for was that they protected me from the abuses Japanese people would normally experience in the workplace. I didn't have to do the overtime, the nomikais, etc. The downside of course, was that I was paid like shit while my Japanese co-workers were paid around $40,000 a year.

Honestly I'm afraid of traveling to China and Korea too, mostly because I don't know shit. I know Japanese, but I don't know Chinese or Korean. I was only briefly in China on my way home, in Podong airport. The Chinese were pushy and not as friendly as Japanese.
>>
>>388777162

Quiet you
>>
File: 1498124560313.png (207KB, 499x458px) Image search: [Google]
1498124560313.png
207KB, 499x458px
>>388765887
To be an idort in the current year you need:
>xbox one x
>ps4 pro
>switch
>n3ds
>vita
>gaming PC
>PSVR
>Oculus Rift
>Vive
>4k

Now how much would you pay?
>>
>>388766131
this is me

I make 6 figs but i don't want an xbox or playstation
>>
>>388777289
Yeah China does seem more hmmm relaxed?

I like to call them Balkanized Japanese. They act a lot like Europeans they don't have such a strict mindset in public as Japan the not talking on the phone in metro part or the I'm not gonna blow my nose I'm gona snort like crazy in etc...

Did you also have a problem with all the fucking snortingo or sniffling or whatever you call the act of not blowing your nose but eating your snot?
>>
>>388777849

Actually no, I did not see people doing that at all. They just did what they usually do, sit far away from us gaijins on the train because we're scary. I had a few people tell me to keep my voice down, because my American voice is apparently more booming than their Japanese voices.
>>
>>388765887
>How the fuck do you people not own all the consoles and a shitload of games?- 107 posts and 23 image replies shown.

Why would you own all consoles? Theres a big gap between consoles and PC, its not that people can't afford all consoles its just that theres no reason to.

Theres also the space, I don't want my living room cluttered with children toys. Don't you have other hobbies? You sound like someone who for the first time has some extra money and doesn't know what to do with it, you don't have to spend it all you know, saving is an option.
>>
File: 1503324272488.jpg (195KB, 1280x949px) Image search: [Google]
1503324272488.jpg
195KB, 1280x949px
I'm piss poor, so I have to prioritize, and I end up defending my choices for the sake of discussion or shitposting.

I own a PC, my last console purchase was the Switch since it's a sweet handheld/console hybrid thing that is perfect for bringing to friends' places, and I really liked BOTW.

I would have bought a PS4 if I had a steady income, but the only real big title on it for me is Bloodborne, which I already played on someone elses PS4. Most everything else is multiplat which I would have played on PC anyway.
>>
>>388777715
You don't need a Xbox One X it offers no exclusives that are worthy of it.

PS4 Pro is also not required you get the full exprience with slim.

Switch and 3DS you do need.

Vita also has some pretty good games.

Gaming PC is a must.

Now VR is a touchy subject. I don't think it's worth it yet from a gaming perspective. Maybe a few years down the line if it doesn't die out because nobody wants it.

>4k
Well from a 1070 GTX guy perspective 1440p Ultrawide is better. For me at least.

4K TV cost what 600$? Big deal.

4K doesn't bring anything gameplay wise or graphics wise to the table. To be honest 4K is just for me at least a very advanced way of Anti Aliasing.

>>388778040
TFW people avoid you and go sit on the "elderly and disabled part of the train" colored part because you're sitting on a normal part thats 20 meters long.
>>
What I don't get about console wars here (no one cares about xbone) is that Sony, Nintendo and PC games aren't competing. These are very different markets with very little overlap. Where the overlap exists, people just buy multiple consoles. Nintendo's handheld market, focused on fun, colorful, whimsical games has very little to do with Sony's homeconsole market focused on stories and photorealistic graphics. There is a little overlap, for example weebs might be interested in both the PS4 and the Switch for games like Persona 5 and Splatoon. But I think most people who feel that way would just buy both consoles and this makes up a small minority of consumers.

Why are you trying so hard to draw a competition between non-competitive markets?
>>
File: Inside_of_OER_8000-Renewal_2007.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Inside_of_OER_8000-Renewal_2007.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>388778547
Woops forgot the picture.
>>
>>388778502
>bringing to friends' places

Been to many rooftop parties lately?
>>
>>388778547

Occasionally I would sit next to a nip, that's how I got a girl's number there. They said be careful though, as you're labeled a "nanpa" for doing it. Forgot the exact meaning, but basically, you're considered a bad dude hitting on girls in trains. Anyway she was so uncomfortable when I sat next to her, at first. Then I made her laugh and she loosened up. Most Japanese people look like they're in a state of panic when you sit next to them, it's funny to observe.
>>
>>388778625
Is that some sort of fabric on the seats? Why not just plastic?
>>
>>388779063

Their trains tend to offer more comfort than ones like Metro. The only complaint I have is no air conditioning. Jesus Christ it's hot as a bitch in trains during the summer. Unless you're on the shinkansen.
>>
File: IMG_20170831_015046.jpg (167KB, 1160x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_015046.jpg
167KB, 1160x870px
>>388778502
One day when the PS4 gets cheaper get Horizon Dawn is basically a bit worse Zelda and Persona 5 thats really good.

>>388778121
My other hobbies include manga/anime so that means I have figures and shit.

Maybe it's because I "own" a house not an apartment. I mean I get a nice hybrid bike that I go ride around the countryside. I have a few weights and such in another room that I don't use. But I mean look I just took a picture. This is all the space my Console gaming takes up.

There a PS3 behind the TV and my 3DS and Vita and DS are in a drawer on the bottom left.

My PC desk with 2 monitors and shit takes up a lot more then this.
>>
File: Holes for AC.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Holes for AC.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
>>388779242
Really?! The new metros in Tokyo all had air conditioning... And even the Kyoto one had it.

See the AC holes?
>>
>>388765887
I agree, I am a NEET who gets $800 a month welfare, Own all consoles and currently building a PC.
>>
>>388779345
I played Persona 5 on my PS3 already, which I bought for Demon's Souls back in the day. They're pretty much identical other than 720p versus 1080p.
>>
>>388779497

Damn nig, that looks nice. Better than the ones I rode. I also hear the schools have air conditioning and central heating. The airport I arrived at in Haneda didn't have shit. It was hot as a bitch in there. Meanwhile O'Hare has central air. This is supposed to be the land of tech and mechs, but what I experienced was the opposite.
>>
File: Ginza.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ginza.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>388779819
>>388778982
Wow you actually managed to talk to someone on a train.

My experiences on the metro and trains can be summed up with these 5 phrases... Suwatte kudasai, Dozo, Gomennasai, Sumimasen suwatte ii desu ka?

Also people shifting their weight if I sit next to them.

>>388779819
Well Ginza line the one I mostly rode was shit. Like the metro stations are all getting renovated and when you walk out of the train it feels like you just steped out into a furnace.

But yeah central heating, ACs, insulation are all so foreign to nips outside shops and cinemas it's crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-ESuep3_I

Some shit like Suica on vending machines that have hot/cold beverages with LCD screens and shit are amazing.

But then they use flip phones and their websites look straight out of the 90s...
>>
>>388779819
But yeah I was both at Haneda and Narita and I found Nartia to be more fun also better equipped.

More shops and shit.

I like trains so riding the NEX and Skyline was an experience for me as well.
>>
File: IMG_20170719_172453.jpg (235KB, 1160x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170719_172453.jpg
235KB, 1160x870px
>>388779819
I'm gonna go sleep was fun being all nostalgic about japan with you. On a side note I got hooked on this shit now I keep ordering it from Japan because lol Croatia doesn't have it or the prices are insane.
>>
>>388765887
Because they're children, OP.
Children actually care.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.