[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Magus worth saving /v/? I'm playing Chrono Trigger (DS)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Magus2.jpg (42KB, 325x425px) Image search: [Google]
Magus2.jpg
42KB, 325x425px
Is Magus worth saving /v/? I'm playing Chrono Trigger (DS) for the first time and need some advice.
>>
He's probably the worst party member but you gain nothing from killing him off. Keep him.
>>
>>388761258
Magus Crono Ayla

Yes
>>
No point in skipping him, except to get one specific ending. I'd skip him in the first game so you can get some endings, then recruit him in the new game + to get the other endings.

In terms of usefulness, the game can be played with any character. But Magus doesn't have good synergy with anyone. Chrono, Ayla, Marle master race.
>>
>>388761258
There's nothing to gain from killing him, absolutely nothing. Recruit him and bring him to the Black Omen when you go there.
>>
>>388761258

Its on how you want to play. Which decision do you feel is a more satisfying end to Frog and Magus' story?
>>
I always kill him. He's very shit as a party member and has virtually no dialogue in cutscenes. Other members will have things to say just about whatever scenario they're in, but not him. He feels like a party member that was going to be cut from the roster yet the game released before they could finalize removing the option of recruiting him.
>>
>wanting to kill the guy that was saving the world
>>
>>388763141
Only thing Magus was trying to save was his ego. Dude is basically a Vegeta and would have (and did in alt timeline) get his ass whipped by Lavos.
>>
>>388763285

>Only thing Magus was trying to save was his ego.
I'm not a huge fan of Magus, but he was clearly trying to save his sister and Zeal. He was that guy who acts like a jerk loner on the outside, but truly cares for people on the inside. You pretty much missed the whole point of his character.
>>
>>388763815
That's bullshit and you know it. If he was trying to save his sister and kingdom why did he not just backstab ol' mom in her sleep? Did he not have enough power to take her down? Then how the shit did he expect to tear Lavos a new one?

Standing by allowing Lavos to be summoned in order to fight it is the ultimate Vegeta move. He could be arsed to kick Crono and crew out to another time period but not the sister he was allegedly trying to save?
>>
File: 1246139447579.jpg (60KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1246139447579.jpg
60KB, 450x500px
>>388764309

>If he was trying to save his sister and kingdom why did he not just backstab ol' mom in her sleep?
He was a kid who didn't know what was going on because his sister specifically was hiding it from him. He had the power to see into the future and could tell Chrono was going to die, but didn't know how, when or why.

>Did he not have enough power to take her down?
No one did. Especially not him since he couldn't use any magic. All he had was a weak precog ability.

>Then how the shit did he expect to tear Lavos a new one?
He was warped forward in time and grew up to be the most powerful sorcerer he knew. But even then, it's made painfully obvious in the story that he is just gonna try to defeat Lavos without knowing if he's powerful enough. Then those damn meddling kids came to his lighthouse and foiled his plan.

>Standing by allowing Lavos to be summoned in order to fight it is the ultimate Vegeta move.
I think you're a little too obsessed attributing something to Dragon Ball when that plot idea has been used for centuries.

>He could be arsed to kick Crono and crew out to another time period but not the sister he was allegedly trying to save?
He didn't send anyone into any time period. Every time someone warped through time, Lavos did it (indirectly). Man, you really didn't understand the story at all. Its not that complex.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.