[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow.... why am I actually having fun with a Rabbids game? Grant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

File: Mario + Rabbids.jpg (120KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mario + Rabbids.jpg
120KB, 1024x576px
Wow.... why am I actually having fun with a Rabbids game?

Grant Kirkhope is bringing my childhood back with this soundtrack too.

What DLC do you want to see for this game?
>>
>>388757556
>What DLC do you want to see for this game?
Games should be completed when they release.
>>
>>388757746
The game is finished. Nothing was hacked off the game that makes it feel like an incomplete experience.

>>388757556
There isn't really much you can add besides new weapons and maps, maybe new characters. Rosalina and Rabbid Rosalina would be nice.
>>
>>388758114
Then any post launch content should be free.
>>
>>388758572
So the devs should just work for free after the game launches lol????
>>
>>388758959
So should anti-consumer prices be encouraged lol????
>>
>>388757556
Not DLC, but I want them to polish the game a bit more through patches. The occasional 1-2 second freezes during battle and the way characters snap back to their default pose during dialogue just before doing a special animation seems jarring.
>>
>>388757556
>wow this is so fun guys I am reliving my childhood what dlc should we- I mean they make

500 replies in one hour
dumbest board on the site
>>
Its pretty good. Just finished the first world, enjoying it alot.
>>
>>388760813
Why do you have to be so fucking negative? People are enjoying this game.
>>
I want to fuck rabbid peach
>>
>>388761387
She's not impressed by your dick.
>>
in all seriousness does anyone actually own it?
>>
>>388758114
I think it would be more appropriate if it were a Luma Rabbid.
>>
>>388762357
Yes. I get fucking angry when I accidentally choose the wrong target because the game doesn't ask for confirmation.
>>
File: valk.png (387KB, 787x377px) Image search: [Google]
valk.png
387KB, 787x377px
Would you?
>>
I want to see Nabbit (but no rabbid Nabbit, just Nabbit) since I was hoping for him since reveal. And then Rosalina and rabbid r-
>>388762628
Actually Rosalina and Luma Rabbid because it makes so much sense.
Other than that? Start on a sequel. I'd love for this to be a thing they revisit every 2-3 years or atleast do other games x rabbids. Preferably Splatoon x Rabbids. (Feat. Callie, Marie, Sheldon, Spyke, and their counterparts)
>>
Option to turn on confirmation for move and attacks and maybe more animation settings.

That's all this game really needs. For DLC, a whole new story.
>>
>>388759346
that sentence is probably the saddest thing I have ever read. that you are that fucking stupid to believe it
>>
>>388763802

More importantly, why aren't there people working on a humanized version of her?
>>
Why is OP making it sound like there's no DLC planned?

Season pass has new story for 2018 which may or not expand on the Rabbids even further and either make new mid-bosses/bosses or expand on the already existing ones.
>>
>>388762843
that's the only real problem with this game
I fucked up a handful of times and i wouldnt have with a confirmation
>>
Having a blast so far. The world 2 dual bosses fucked my shit sideways.

All I'd like from the DLC would be some sort of level generator. There's a lot to do but most of it boils down to challenges and reruns for better score. A generator would make this game priceless.
>>
They're doing some kind of story DLC in 2018, I'm hoping it's Wario and Waluigi end up meeting the two Rabbids of them we meet in-game and going on an adventure

But we all know it's going to senselessly shoe-horn in Ray-Man
>>
>>388766267
I think the game could have also let you move characters in the overhead view or retain enemy/ally movement range indicators after locking it in the overhead view and going back to standard view.

I've also seen enemies on higher elevations shoot my guys through the floor, but the game doesn't seem to let me always do the same. I'm not sure what determines if that can be done or not.

>>388766615
>level generator
Let's take that up a notch and make a level creator.
>>
>>388766818

why not both
>>
>>388767451
Because it's Nintendo/Ubisoft and they'll only pick one, if they're even based enough to pick either
>>
>>388767014
I think the game should let you have a party of 4 and not force you to pick mario.
I get the 1 mushroom kingdom and 1 rabbid min being enforced, but it's weird that they're is more that double the characters i can use at once yet am forced to use one at all times.

i change up my characters regularly and i think players should by the way it's designed but when it forces me to play mario, i have a problem
>>
ha ha
>>
>>388766818
>That second spoiler

Uh, didn't they confirm the Rabbids universe and the Rayman universe to be two different things now?
>>
File: crazy-frog-53a35a2ece01b.jpg (274KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
crazy-frog-53a35a2ece01b.jpg
274KB, 1000x1000px
Is it possible to enjoy this game if I find rabbids really REALLY annoying? I mean crazy frog levels of annoying?
>>
>>388768001
>That spoiler

Uh, you don't get to bring friends___________________________
>>
>>388768279
>Crazy frog levels of annoying

Having witnessed both these at their prime, nothing will ever come close to me as being as annoying as the Annoying Thing. And that includes the Rabbids.

They might be annoying but at least they can still be cute from time to time.
>>
>>388757556

It's really good, it's like an expanded sequel to Codename: S.T.E.A.M just with Mario and Rabbids.
>>
This game is so good bros, I just unlocked Rabbid Mario he seems good but I've been rolling with Mario + Luigi + Rabbid Luigi for a while now not sure who I'd drop for him.

Mario and Luigi both having the ability to attack outside their turn is so strong and Rabbid Luigi's vampire dash is the shit.
>>
I expect the DLC to expand on the aftermath of the game
Basically the Rabbids don't leave the mushroom kingdom and now both worlds live together, I expect the dlc to kinda make you return every rabbid home
>>
>>388767686
There's always the co-op stages for 4 characters.
>>
File: download_20170830_175300.jpg (493KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170830_175300.jpg
493KB, 2048x1152px
I'm also surprised at how much I'm liking it. At world 1-6 right now after playing for a bit yesterday. On docked mode there are slowdowns during the attack animations but none that could be seen when playing handheld. This seems to be a common issue with the switch.
Attack confirmation is not a damper for me, but I do mix my RL and ZrZl buttons every once in a while.
I wish you could love overhead view for attacking, but I'm enjoying the game more than I imagined.
>>
>>388767789
sauce
>>
File: 1476063964383.jpg (23KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
1476063964383.jpg
23KB, 600x497px
>>388760813

What, my lads, did he, this Anon, mean by this?
>>
File: Really whoas my mamas.jpg (28KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
Really whoas my mamas.jpg
28KB, 480x552px
>>388769009
>That feel when DLC comes to expand the story, but Rabbids never actually return back home, only Beep-O for its creator

>Your face when Rabbids made canon
>>
>>388768886
Rabbid Mario and Princess Peach are beasts. I just wish you could replace Mario himself with a different party member.

I like Rabbid Luigi's focus on status effects and slide-tackling, but they tend to backfire when you need them most so I stopped using him. Most bosses are immune to status effects and can't be slide-tackled, which screwed me twice in a row before I finally replaced him.
>>
The only reason you're enjoying the game is there hasn't been a single major release since march. It'll be dead once the fall lineup begins. September 19th is the first one
>>
>>388770151

>he only has one console

wew lad
>>
File: shill.jpg (16KB, 211x225px) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
16KB, 211x225px
>>388757556
>Wow.... why am I actually having fun with a Rabbids game?
Your livelihood depends on it.
>>
Excited to play. Ordered on amazon for the discount but it won't be here til sept 5th
>>
>>388757556
>actually wanting DLC instead of free content

Devs please stop shilling.
>>
>>388770557
Name one good title since BotW or Horizon or P5?
>>
>>388769740
Ah good to know.
>>
>>388770151
I love this game and I also love Sonic mania and splatoon 2
I know it's hard to believe but this game is actually good
>>
>>388770826
>>388770826

you're the one that focuuses purely on AAA games then wonders why there's nothing good

>wow tacos again
>does this taco stand only sell hot dogs
>what a shit
>>
>>388770802
DLC literally means "Downloadable Content", that's it. It doesn't specifically imply that it has a fee.
>>
Nintendo let Ubisoft get away with some adult jokes and toilet humor that normally wouldn't fly in a Mario game.
>>
>>388771224
Yeah except any Indie game I've played recently lasted maybe 6 hours tops? Shovel Knight, Terraria and Darkest Dungeon being the only exceptions. Sorry if I enjoy a longer experience. Only thing coming close so far is Path of Exile.
>>
>>388769390
looks like minu8 to me.
>>
>>388769664
Rabbids look very happy to be in the mushroom kingdom, to be hones they aren't out of plave there.
>>
>>388770826
>name one good example of this besides [list of good examples]!
>>
File: has been heroes.jpg (60KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
has been heroes.jpg
60KB, 460x215px
>>388771464
Try pic related. Takes around 35 hours to beat and 100+ to 100%.
>>
>>388771712

Yeah, whenever animated defused and in their normal state, they seem pretty chill. Even the one who was on top of the Piranha Plant for instance was simply sleeping on top of it (not sure HOW it got there, let's leave that into speculation). The ones that came back simply built things for better access to the overworld and other things. Like what the fuck. These little shits are wounding up more productive than ever before.

I guess they were severely limited on Earth and find themselves more comfortable on Mushroom Kingdom? They had this thing about going to the Moon, maybe this is what they intended? Is it to create their own utopia for themselves?
>>
>>388763802
I would. She's even hotter than Peach Rabbid.
>>
>>388757746
I agree but DLC can actually add to a game and the experience. Selling the game half done and selling the rest as DLC is bullshit.

This isn't EA we're talking about.
>>
>>388771464
Try Rabi-Ribi, Rain World, Hollow Knight, The End is Nigh, Hyper Light Drifter, Enter the Gungeon, VA-11 HALL-A, Dustforce, Salt and Sanctuary, Slime-San, Wuppo, etc
>>
>>388763802
Hope we get some Rule34 soon.
>>
>>388757556
I want Wario and the Wabbid to be party members.

Also some kind of "Nightmare Mode" with impossible levels of difficulty and all the enemies and bosses can have alternate colors like Rabbid Kong being brown and stuff.
>>
>>388763802
How Ubisoft manage to get this pass Nintendo Customs is beyond me.
>>
File: 555-Come-On-Now.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
555-Come-On-Now.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>388761387
>>388763802
>thinking these thots are superior to Lava Queen

reminder that Rabbids are an all male species making the "female" Rabbids trans
>>
>>388773635
In all seriousness, I think this game might usher a new age for Nintendo. A Nintendo that's more open to other companies handle their properties and willing to be more experimental and I mean more then usual.
>>
Has anyone used Easy Mode yet? I just did because I wasn't quite at chapters end at one point and my characters health ranged from 10 to 70 so I just did it for the heal. There's no downside to doing it so you might as well if you're not looking for a bit of a challenge.
>>
File: ame_ame_ame.webm (306KB, 330x422px) Image search: [Google]
ame_ame_ame.webm
306KB, 330x422px
why does a Ubisoft game have the best Nintendo soundtrack of the last decade?
>>
>>388757556
>Wow.... why am I actually having fun with a Rabbids game?
Because you are pretendo year old.
>>
>>388774067
Well, having Grant Kirkhope of B-K fame on board might be a factor.
>>
>>388768279
you spend the majority of the game killing them so it might actually be less annoying in a way
>>
Does anyone else like doing team jumps and going through pipes even when you're going to an area that's easily accessible without them? I love doing it just because the presentation is so charming in this game and it's just so much fun looking at the characters flip around.

>>388774067
because it's Grant fuckin' Kirkhope.

Also for a game with so many bwahs, the soundtrack blows the NSMB score out of the water.
>>
File: 1458439325772.jpg (166KB, 966x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458439325772.jpg
166KB, 966x720px
>>388759346
>It's anti-consumer to sell things.
>>
>>388757746
>>388758572
>>388759346

You're retarded and don't know studio work flows work. I work in a AA studio and we do the same thing.

A studio proposes a project to work on, they get a team and they funding. In the proposal they give details of a timeline and expected completion. Working together with the producers, teams complete projects before an expected deadline. Once that project is finished, it is shipped out/published.
Now, DLC would be proposed as a separate project and not part of the original proposal, do you understand? DLC follows a separate proposal and time line. You think everyone works like capcom, but that's simply not true.
>>
>>388774478
>I work in an AA studio
C-can you get me a job? Please? i've been trying all summer since graduating
>>
>>388774786
Errr probably not, you're gonna have to climb the ladder I'm afraid. What's your training? What do you do?
>>
>>388774786
I can see what I can do, we are hiring for some low level positions at the moment! Email [email protected] with your resume and credentials and I can see what I can do :)!
>>
Is there literally any point to waiting a month or two before buying this?
Even a 5% chance of a sale somewhere?
>>
>>388761215
Fuck enjoyment. This is /v/. Only hatred allowed here
>>
>>388774886
>what's your training? what do you do
Production Assistant on major feature films
>>388774995
>:)
D-damn, yo-you're trolling me
>>
>>388775004
Its nintendo, so sales never ever

Anyway, how long is the game? Does it have any extras/ng+?
Im seriously considering getting it but i need something that lasts at least more than 20 hours.
>>
>>388775004
On on hand, it's an Ubisoft game.
On the other hand, it has Mario.
I have no idea if it's going to price drop. However, don't worry about the launch edition dlc because it's just weapons. that'll be outdated after the first world.
>>
>>388774995
dude, you don't just post your email on 4chan and not expect someone to spam you.
>>
>>388775004
get Amazon Prime and buy it within the next two weeks. That's the cheapest you'll get most Nintendo games for a year or two years after launch.
>>
>>388775319
Prime doesn't do that anymore. It's only for preorders now.
Best Buy GCU is still king.
>>
>>388775082
You're a director at Naughty Dog?
Why the fuck are you looking for a job then?
>>
>>388775082
>>what's your training? what do you do
>Production Assistant on major feature films

Interesting, what calls you to gaming? I do think there's room for cross-over from film to games btw. You should be fine.
>>
>>388775438
what does GCU get you?
>>
>>388775464
Kek.
That said, do you think one of the meme companies that makes playable movies would look at a film student
>>
>>388775082
I'm about to start a film program at a local community college and plan on going into PAing and other film work when I graduate (not from the community college), how has your experience been?
>>
>>388774318
>>388774170
david wise > grant kirkhope
>>
>>388775525
20% off on all non-preowned games (except Black Friday deals) and 2x reward points for two years for $30. Best Buy also has free release day shipping for preordered games as long as the total is $35+ or you're an elite member.
>>
>>388775634
If you're good at networking/have at least one person you know in the industry, skip film school and just study whatever you want, or at worst, something broad like Communication Arts like I did

My experience was fantastic but probably just lucky, the production secretary on one of the films was telling me how the POC paid PAs pretty much top dollar compared to industry standard and treated us like people. I'm having difficulty finding a job now though, mostly because I can't feasibly commit to 12-hour-days in the city, I'm just not physically healthy enough for it.

PA work is like a master key though, and gives you access to pretty much every department in film-making. All it takes is a few jobs worth of doing good work (PAing is easy grunt shit, so all you need to do is not be a lazy ass) and people will bend over backwards giving you contacts.

I've only been on two films so far and one was a middling success and the other won awards at some of the major festivals, and I'm hoping them being on my resume will help.

Last suggestion: make your own shit, literally anything. Learn to write screenplays. I know this is 4chan and le plebbit boogeyman and shit, but check out /r/screenwriting, which is a decent community as long as you don't act like an entitled moron. /tv/ has /fmg/ and /swg/ threads once in a blue moon as well.
>>
>asking this in what's most likely a shill threa
is this game half as funny as Superstar Saga was? Or is it lolsorandum BAW SCREAMS XD dumb bullshit?
One of my favorite moments in SSS was Luigi taking a hammer and pounding an NPC into the ground and then giving a thumbs up
>>
>>388775881
sounds like a good deal, might have to check it out after my Amazon Prime ends (which may be never because every time they fuck up an order, they extend it by one months and it's been extended by almost a year now)
>>
>>388775483
>what calls you to gaming
It's been my dream since I was a child to always make games, and I've wondered about transitioning into, at the very least, the cinematic/story-telling based side of the industry for a while.
>>
>>388776089
How do I get them to give me shit? They've fucked up four of my orders this month, and all I get are assholes that don't want to do anything.
>>
>>388776071

Decent humour to bring a smile. So far my only chuckle is them not knowing who Luigi is and fuckign up his name. That never gets old
>>
>>388776351
>Beep-O clearly refers to Rabbid Luigi as Rabbid Luigi
>Calls real Luigi "Louis"
Fucking robot prick just pulling Luigi's legs to make him upset
>>
>>388776048
>skip film school and just study whatever you want
I want to do film! I have so many people telling me (mostly from one of my other film friends who flunked out of high school and doesn't have the drive to work his way up from a community college to a bigger college) to just get a technical or just go into something else, but film is truly my passion and I want to be in it my entire life no matter what line of work it is be it PAing, handling the tech, writing, directing, or producing.

Multimedia class was by far my favorite part of high school, so to do it again in college is going to be rad. I know they're pretty bad films, but the multimedia teachers at my school have connections with production companies around here and work on and have their students help with the set stuff on films like Transformers and the DC movies.
>>
>>388776071
Yes, it has good humor, mainly in how expressive they made the Nintendo characters.
>>
>>388776865
I'm not saying not to do film, no, but I am saying you might want to broaden your degree. For example, I have a Comm Arts degree and it's basically like the multimedia classes you're describing. Radio, TV, Film were all a part of the degree, but since the film industry doesn't give a shit if you have a film degree, you might as well broaden your knowledge.

That's great that you have connections like those, they're going to help you get ahead much more than a degree. Good luck and have fun in the films industry!
>>
File: Broodals.png (2MB, 1676x877px) Image search: [Google]
Broodals.png
2MB, 1676x877px
>>388771712
>>388772983
deepest lore
>>
>>388777068
Will do! I believe the actual name of my degree is "Media Art and Technology" which just sounds like a fancy term for "Film Degree" but perhaps it is broader?
>>
>>388775464
Underrated post
>>
>>388757556
Anyone know how joycons work for this game? Interested if there's some sort of neat gimmick. Or is it something a wii-mote would do where you point to control the robot roomba?
>>
>>388777615
they're just the controller. No gimmicks.
>>
>>388767789
is there a version that shows the full body?
>>
>>388777615
No gimmicks as far as I can tell except maybe HD rumble. I guess there's the co-op stages that allow each player to use one joycon.
>>
>>388777723
That sucks. Can you at least use the touchscreen to move around like a 3ds tactical game?
>>
File: 1496977377914.jpg (247KB, 1258x910px) Image search: [Google]
1496977377914.jpg
247KB, 1258x910px
>all this talk ITT about getting into the industry
>tfw fell for the game design degree meme
>>
>>388777165
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS? LITERALLY THE DEEPEST LORE.
>>
>>388777165
>Broodals come from a utopia made by Rabbids, for Rabbids, where there are now various kinds of different looking Rabbids

I mean, that'd be pretty far'fetched and literally reaching given they look nothing like Rabbids and Rabbids having to eventually return home possibly at one point. They honestly kinda look like rabbit versions of the Koopalings. But at the same time, I want some more of that quirkiness.

Would it be possible to have the Phantom fake-death on us while crashing the wedding?
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.