[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NANI? >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA Es-NlcRtU It wo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: HiveSwapGraphic.png (324KB, 780x412px) Image search: [Google]
HiveSwapGraphic.png
324KB, 780x412px
NANI?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAEs-NlcRtU
It won't come out on that day. Calling it now.
>>
>>388739730
It's going to be so fucking bad. I wish I hated Homestuck.
>>
>>388739730
>implying it's not going to be delayed and hussies fuck buddies won't come up with another shitty excuse
Move on, seriously, move on. There are better games out there. This shit has been a literal trainwreck I'm surprised people still care.
>>
Closure would still be nice. I'd rather it be cancelled then be stuck in limbo forever.
>>
>>388739730
wtf is this tumblr shit
fuck off
>>
File: 1503001034423.jpg (229KB, 674x484px) Image search: [Google]
1503001034423.jpg
229KB, 674x484px
>>
>>388739730
I think it will. After the debacle in January no way they didn't wait until the game was 100% complete to announce a date.
>>
Oh, so the HiveSwap never coming out threads this past month really WERE just stealth marketing to remind people. Got it.
>>
>>388744353
OP here. I don't give two shits if you care about Hiveswap or not. I just wanted an excuse to talk about Homestuck.
>>
>>388744547
I'd want a Homestuck game that focuses on troll society, both the children living on Alternia and the adults invading other planets.
>>
Episode 1 won't be delayed again, it's probably 100% in the can, now. September 14th was chosen just because it's the 10 year anniversary of MSPA.

Episodes 2, 3, and 4 will probably have their own release scheduling shitshow. 'Hauntswitch' may never release.
>>
>>388741885
Overwatch is Tumblr shit.
>>
>>388739730
Take your bets, folks:
>Ends with a bad cliffhanger
>Short (4~6 hours)
>Character dialogue isn't good
>We actually get decent worldbuilding again
>Joey's brother/other troll isn't just Act 2
>Game turns out to (unfortunately) have canonical ties
>Shit goes wild after the first hour
>Delayed again
>>
>"g-guys can we use /v/ for our homestuck general?"
>"we love spamming katnep, kanaya and dead ships"

Reported.
>>
>>388745101
What the fuck does Overwatch have to do with this thread?
>>
>>388745146
Each episode is going to be 120-240 minutes long.

They've kept it a big secret - you can switch between Joey and (Other Troll) at will.

Worldbuilding is shit and deliberately destructive of Alternia fanon.

Dialogue is bland and forgettable aka shit.

90s meme ruins the game.

Hauntswitch is intended to tie directly to post-canon Homestuck, but may never be made.
>>
>>388740467
>I wish I hated Homestuck

I can sympathize with that sentiment.
>>
>>388739730
Why did you have to remind me that this exists? I'll never not be sad that this is the game that sprouted from Homestuck. All the posibilities, and this is it. What a fucking waste.
>>
>>388739730
You know what will be an instant minus about the game? Politics.
>>
>>388740467
I stopped giving a fuck about Homestuck years ago.
I could tolerate the Trolls getting far too much screen time, I was able to struggle through the shitty teen angst of the Alpha Kids, the hiatuses bothered me but I was patient.
But when the ghost writing started? When it it became clear that Hussie didn't give a fuck? When Dave started ranting about toxic masculinity? That's when I knew the Homestuck I enjoyed was never coming back.
>>
>>388744861
Trolls were a funny joke that was stretched out far too long, to the point of strangling the comic.
A Homestuck game entirely about the trolls would be fucking shit.
>>
>>388741885
We know. And it didn't use to be. And that's what sucks.
>>
File: 1435636807456.png (164KB, 423x318px) Image search: [Google]
1435636807456.png
164KB, 423x318px
>ywn play a simulated game of Sburb
>>
>>388749831
>all those projects never got off the ground
>>
>>388745146
>>
>>388745454
I bet you don't go into OW threads telling them to go back to tumblr. Why pick and choose which tumblr shit goes back to tumblr?
>>
File: Still the 8est.jpg (102KB, 1116x804px) Image search: [Google]
Still the 8est.jpg
102KB, 1116x804px
>>
>>388751397
I will never not be mad at just how badly Hussie fucked up Vriska.
>>
>>388751495
He had a chance to redeem her character with (Vriska) and he fucked that up too
>>
>>388749023
Homestuck really went to shit after Cascade. Caliborn was the only good part of Act 6.
>>
>>388751397
Always hated that forced ship. :^)
>>
File: 1504044432739.png (172KB, 597x900px) Image search: [Google]
1504044432739.png
172KB, 597x900px
>>388749831
No Man's Sky randomly generated worlds could work to create lands in a sburb game
but it would also need to add questing
for questing it could all be specific to the hero's titles
i.e
>all space heroes have to create the new world
>all breath heroes need to do the windy thing, etc...
things get difficult with time so they'd have to make something up for them

all knights seem that they need to protect space heroes too

so generated quests could be a mix of
aspect indicates what you do on your world
class indicates what your role is to your other party members

then comes if you're prospit or derse

and of course another issue is prototyping, the monsters need to be able to be generated specifically based on what's in your room

point is there's a lot of things to be considered for a good sburb game
>>
>>388752704
Prototyping and alchemetizing are pretty much impossible or very hard to do properly with current technology.
>>
>>388753013
You could cobble together something that would kind of work using a method similar to Jade Cocoon's fusion system, having dedicated points on skeletal rigging that have their parameters altered by the fusion addition, and just pasting on textures. Only problem is that it would look like shit and be limited in gameplay alterations.

Only other option is text based, which is more plausible.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.