[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been six days since my biggest fantasy came crashing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: halflife3.jpg (39KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
halflife3.jpg
39KB, 1137x640px
It's been six days since my biggest fantasy came crashing down. I don't think Half Life is ever going to get a resolution, Valve is making way more money on Steam, Leidlaw spoiled the story for the game, it's been in development hell for 10+ years. Any hopes, gang? Bonus points for dropping your best feels reaction.
>>
>>388734185
how the fuck is that a threat haha its fuckin tiny just hit it with the crowbar
>>
>>388736013

They should have put some birds flying around it for scale.
>>
people were highly invested beyond HL1? this seems like a meme. HL2 was like 7/10 and the newcomers cared more about Garry's mod, Portal and TF2.
>>
>>388736745
Don't play dumb, it doesn't suit you.
>>
>>388736874
this is the nicest comment I've ever seen on here.
>>
>>388736745
The worst part of half life 2 was the shooting.
>>
>>388734185
>Dyson sphere made out of glass
>>
I never played any halflife even though i started pc vidya in 1993

first halflife looked like just another fps in a time when every fucking game had to be rts or fps so i didnt play it
>>
>>388734185
Fuck off Valve are still making Episode 3 and without Laidlaws shitty dysonpshere.
>>
>>388737570
Give a man, teach a man.
>>
>>388736745
The worst part of Half Life 2 was the shooting. The story, the pacing were all flawless, it was linear but that's not an argument when most of these "lol choose ur path" games are fucking awful as shit. Half Life had a solid story, like it or not, it was cliche but that was okay. To this day, I have not seen a single game that does what Half Life 2 does.

But the shooting was absolute shit. The glock made a watery fart sound and was pretty much a low-damage spam piece of shit. The parts where you're using it are meant to be the standard action movie "I only have a pistol but I can win with my superior gun-fu" except the thing is near impossible to aim due to HL2 shitty crosshair. The SMG is fairly decent but as your main workhorse weapon its fairly underwhelming. The revolver is a strong weapon, it's one of the few that is accurate at all and has some damage. Its slow firerate and low ammo cap balance it out, almost too much so. The shotgun is the only other weapon that is any sort of pleasure to use. A headshot takes down a combine but a chest-level double-blast does the same job, so its a matter of how you want to play. The combine AR is by far the biggest disappointment, here we had a chance for a solid assault rifle with decaying accuracy, instead we get a slower-firing SMG with a bit more damage. No chance for tapping headshots, or any kind of skill. HL2 shooting is basically a Dungeons and Dragons fight where you slowly carve through the opponent's hit points until one of you dies. The crossbow is okay but is crippled by the lack of ammo capacity despite the fact that it is probably the most economic weapon to make ammo for among the resistance members, but no somehow they all have stolen SMGs and ARs. Nice job combine. Also explain to me how MP7, SPAS-12, Glock17, and .357 are the only weapons? Why not include an AK-47 seeing as it takes place in Eastern fucking Europe?
>>
>>388739010
>>388738907
The dyson sphere is cool, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>388739717
Fuck you its shit and doesn't fit the lore.
>>
File: comb_assassin.png (670KB, 881x719px) Image search: [Google]
comb_assassin.png
670KB, 881x719px
>you will never be an elite combine assassin dual wielding pistols
>you will never be tasked with slaughtering resistance cells
>you will never burst into an old warehouse and slaughter resistance qts
>you will never have them beg for mercy after being badly wounded
>you will never see a qt resistance fighter crying over her boyfriend's corpse, before you mercilessly execute her as well
>you will never find the wounded in the infimary and slowly finish them off, meeting eyes with one of the qt girls with a cast on her arm before sliding the gun slowly in her mouth as she whimpers and spattering the old decaying sheets with her brain matter
>>
>>388740605
Which part of the lore does it not fit with?
>>
File: canals.jpg (19KB, 276x500px) Image search: [Google]
canals.jpg
19KB, 276x500px
Overwatch:Rank Leaders-Reminder;100 Steralized Credits qualifies Non-mechanical Reproduction Simulation.
>>
>>388740738
It doesn't fit with the combine aesthetic.
>>
>>388740827
which is?
>>
File: 1661231.jpg (13KB, 255x291px) Image search: [Google]
1661231.jpg
13KB, 255x291px
>tfw we will never see this masterpiece of an ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLyJP_nH5Cs
>>
faggot why did you delete your post? shit looked cool but i click the thumbnail it says fucking 404
>>
File: 1495657766709.png (59KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1495657766709.png
59KB, 600x719px
>>388741869
i changed plans and deleted the post to make a new thread about it but

uhh
>>
>>388742053
well link the new thread then nigger
>>
>>388742148
>>388742318
>>
>>388742342
thanks
>>
>>388734185
0/10 image Alyx never sees the dyson sphere.
>>
File: 1503755856645.jpg (172KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1503755856645.jpg
172KB, 1280x913px
>>388734185
I'm quite sad it'll never be finished. HL2 and its episodes are very easy for me to get lost in over and over again. But there will be other games worth getting lost in. It's alright.
>>
>>388742887
>But there will be other games worth getting lost in.
like what?
>>
>>388743901
Plenty. I've been playing a lot of 2142 lately. Lots of fun. Got a job so I'm saving up for a new PC so I can finally play DSIII. Killing Floor 2 on high settings will be a whole new experience. Millions of Half-Life 1 mods I want to play. I still haven't played Life Is Strange, or The Wolf Among Us; Vanquish just came out on PC and I never played that. Ditto for Bayonetta. HL1 deathmatch is still populated. When I get my new PC I'll be able to host /v/ only HL1 dm servers (provided /v/ users have HL1). There's always something else to do, man.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.