[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make money in this game? I always seem to hover around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: dpc8p1lummd9pubcjmti.jpg (138KB, 836x470px) Image search: [Google]
dpc8p1lummd9pubcjmti.jpg
138KB, 836x470px
How do you make money in this game? I always seem to hover around +$1000 no matter how big my city grows because shit just costs more. Which means I can't have any fun whatsoever.

In fact my highest income is usually when my city is tiny and has no public services.

I guess this is why most people play with unlimited money turned on.
>>
>>388730194

>not playing with unlimited money

you dun goofd
>>
>>388730194
industry zone or commercial zone
anything that can sell product
>>
I never have problem with money in this game, don't know what I do or don't but it always seems to work. It's tougher in the beginning on the snow maps, but other than that no problems. I always fall on traffic management in the end, at around 150k population. I rarely ever touch taxes
>>
Don't worry about the money. The income and costs are tied together, it's impossible to make more or less money than the developers wanted you to at any given city size. Only for a brief time if you do some changes will it differ until it gets time to adjust itself.

You may think you can't afford free smoke detectors when you see the money change to -50.000 each week, but just keep it, your income will soon increase enough to make up for that.
>>
>>388730194
>How do you make money in this game?
Really? Like really? This game on hard is still facebook level managment. Spam zones everything generates money.
>>
>>388731561
Spamming zones wont work because roads require upkeep money
>>
>>388731724
Significantly less the the money generated from the houses.
>>
>>388732352
You're also forgetting the power requirements. Every time you think you've got a nice pot of money going BANG it's time to build more fucking windmills.
>>
>>388730194
lmao pleb I play this game on hard mode and with the realistic population mod
>>
>>388730194
Check if some service of yours is overfunded. Public transportation can also get you a fair bit of money, if it works correctly
>>
>>388732626
You also play with a dick up your fucking ass
>>
>>388732576
Still significantly less then the money generated from the houses. When my money dips the i take a big plop of land and build a new development of low income housing. Sure high tier gerates more income but its far easier to spam some houses with water power and fire protection.
>>
>>388730274
I can only think of alucard from hellsing abriged hearing that line
>>
>>388732765
how did you know?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Have any of you even beaten Lugdunum?
>>
>get money flow positive
>triple speed
>you now have infinite money
>>
>>388730194
how are you this shit OP, I had +300,000 on a game I was fucking around with while watching films.

Build a well connected industrial area and make sure you get it upgraded, same with a retail/office area and then rake in the cash.
>>
File: 1412459564637.png (120KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1412459564637.png
120KB, 387x357px
>>388735037
My dad used to play ceasar 3 a lot. Used to sit and watch him play. Fairly sure he managed to beat it.
>>
Citizens are usually fine with an 11% tax as long as you keep them happy by spamming parks.
Also make sure your industrial and comm zones have easy access to the highway.
It's easy as shit to get more money if you have a functioning city. Im around +$10k with like 10k cims right now, but I've been slowly growing to that amount as my city grew.
>>
>tfw just lost two hours worth of progress in City Skylines because my computer crashed

I forgot to turn out autosave, just fuck my shit up.

Also, it gets easier to make money later once you start building zones. Don't be afraid to take loans early on if you need to build something critical.
>>
File: received_470837723272896.jpg (35KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
received_470837723272896.jpg
35KB, 720x405px
>>388736681
>spent all night making a city
>its autosaved, never bothered to make a regular save
>it gets saved over when a friend wanted to make a city because I was showing them the game

I know that feel, only my folly was having autosave ON.
This is the only remnant i have left of Stiplingo, a phone picture.
>>
File: Hidden Rage.png (74KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Rage.png
74KB, 204x200px
>>388736681
>>388737556

>working on a city
>turn on steam cloud so I can play EU4 mods
>forget to turn it off again
>most recent save with ~6 hours of progress is fucking gone
>>
File: cuo's temple.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
cuo's temple.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>388735037
>>388735656
Haven't played Caesar yet, bought Emperor from GOG and working through that right now. Fun as fuck, I wish there were more modern takes on this type of city builder.
>>
>>388739379
Are these sort of games hard to learn to play? I wanted to try Caesar but always worried I would be terrible at it.
>>
>>388734059
The consequences will never be the same.
>>
>>388739379
I've only tried Caesar and (very little of) Zeus, couldn't get Pharaoh to work on W7. After being so used to C3 some things about Zeus annoyed me (terrible UI in comparison, housing blocks limited to 2x2 etc) but it was comfy as well.
>>388739567
Yes and no. IMO they fall into the 'easy to learn, hard to master category'. It isn't that hard to set up a functional city but there are a lot of things going on behind the scene that you need to understand (walker system, getting vs accepting goods, pathing blockers etc) in order to build truly impressive cities. Give C3 a go.
>>
File: farms.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
farms.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>388739567
Emperor kind of eases you into it in the Campaign, I didn't find it a problem.
>>
>>388739892
>big farming areas
muh dick. What's Emperor's quirk? Zeus' thing seemed to be the gods/monsters thing, Pharaoh has pyramid building etc
>>
>>388739379
literally Lethis path of progress
>>
File: spring and summer2.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
spring and summer2.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>388740472
Probably the feng shui mechanic - each building you place is in either a positive or negative feng shui location and contributes to your overall feng shui rating. I've gotten by just ignoring that for now though. It has monuments to build and you can attract deities to your city by giving them sufficient offerings of goods.
>>
>>388741136
So it's just reskinned desirability, or does it go beyond "have x amounts of gardens for your housing blocks"?
>>
>>388741646
desirability still exists as a separate thing based on beautification structure

i'm halfway through the campaign and haven't had a mission where i'm required to have a certain feng shui rating yet
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.