[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original release: >Yawn. Whatever HD Re-release: >Woah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 1504092912518[1].jpg (78KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
1504092912518[1].jpg
78KB, 333x472px
Original release:
>Yawn. Whatever

HD Re-release:
>Woah Remake is the shit! Best game ever!

Reminder that Remake was met with middling sales, and a lack of caring upon release. It was common to see unsold used copies for 5 dollars in stores. RE was seen as tired and boring at the time, and it was seen as just another re-hash of the tired old formula. Plus it was on a Nintendo system when the majority of the fanbase was on the Playstation. It was only with the re-release that people started to put Remake on a pedestal.
>>
I got a Gamecube instead of an Xbox or PS2 because of the Resident Evil REmake

Neck yourself OP you underaged little bitch.
>>
>>388729824
>It was only with the re-release that people started to put Remake on a pedestal.
Among enthusiast communities like this it's always been a classic.
>>
>>388729824
FALSE people have sung REmakes praises since it came out
>>
>>388730047
>I got a Gamecube instead of an Xbox or PS2 because of the Resident Evil REmake

Congradulations, you were one of the 1.35 million people who bought Remake. But those sales are a huge down from previous RE games, and lower than a lot of other Capcom titles at the time. It sold average at best. A lot of random games no one remembers sold that much. In fact, the HD release of Remake actually sold higher than the original. 1.9 million.

>>388730246
>enthusiast communities

ie super niche.
>>
>>388730506
>ie super niche.
I'd say that's a stretch. Basically anything that's not "GTA, CoD, and Madden only" tier normie community respects REmake.
>>
>>388730506
>Congradulations, you were one of the 1.35 million people who bought Remake.

That was probably the amount of people that owned a Gamecube at the time.
>>
Blame Mikami for pushing Gamecube only. He went REEE when Capcom put RE4 on the PS2. It makes perfect business sense to do so. REmake and Re4 should have been cross platform from the start.
>>
>>388729824
You are a little retarded underage faggot, how do i know you say? only fucking millenials play/rate games by fucking sales numbers you sissy boy. That said REmake showed the world how remakes should be in the frist place, we dont get that love and respect for classics now days, Now please get the fuck out of this board and take your cancer with you.
>>
File: yawn.png (214KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.png
214KB, 468x263px
>>388729824
But both games had Yawn.
>>
>>388731323
>REmake and Re4 should have been cross platform from the start.

That's a very western way of thinking that killed the Japanese market
>>
>>388731580
>That said REmake showed the world how remakes should be in the first place, we dont get that love and respect for classics now days
Seriously this. REmake was faithful to the original with a few new stuff added in. So much so, that fans wanted and are getting REmake 2. Now the main concern is, will it be as faithful to the original as REmake was to 1?
>>
>>388729824
Who care re4 still better
>>
Who cares about how it did at launch? It's a big seller and praised by everyone now.
>>
>>388732067
No but /v/ will trick themselves at first
>>
Remake was fucking awesome. Only good game on the trashcube. First console I ever sold. Nintendos been rubbish ever since
>>
>>388729824
Resident Evil fans are fucking weird, apparently they hate RE4 now
>>
>>388732067
If they turn REmake2 into an actiony 3rd person shooter, then I'll just go play Darkside Chronicles
>>
Are RE games made to be scary? Like are they the horror genre?
>>
File: 431.png (388KB, 600x689px) Image search: [Google]
431.png
388KB, 600x689px
>>388729824
Its was shitcube only when it came out thats why nobody gave a fuck, res got big on the ps1 and most of them got a ps2 not a shitcube.
>>
>>388732557
I look at it like this. When you get exposed to the same stuff over and over, you'll most likely become desensitized. That's why some may not find horror games, shows and films scary anymore.
>>
File: 1024x768.jpg (116KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
1024x768.jpg
116KB, 960x768px
So what extra contents do you guys want for Remake 2?
>>
>>388732952
The horror genre is in general really terrible. RE was just you trying to shoot with those God awful camera angles with low ammo being their shit excuse for a gameplay feature
>>
File: 1476149832973.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476149832973.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>388731956
>>
>remake
>not REmake
go back to school you little shit
>>
>>388729824
>It was only with the re-release that people started to put Remake on a pedestal.
But that's wrong. I've seen people sing the praises for the last 10 years, and it made me get as hype as i did when the re-release got announced because i never got to play it. I know it's common to do so around here, but you don't have to talk out of your arse to try and fit in.
>>
>>388733008
I wouldn't mind extra scenarios about Sherry, Ada and Annette.
>>
I beat it recently for the first time and I thought it was excellent. I liked how well crafted the mansion was, after dying it was really easy to get everything back because of how smart everything was designed. The scene where you encounter Alice for the first time scared the shit out of me. Generally I was scared throughout entire game, the only thing I didn't like was the final boss because he was just a big bullet sponge, which was more of a action fight rather than horror. I had a really good time with it and am looking forward to playing 2.
>>
>>388734097
Lisa, not Alice.
And honestly, I think she was kinda shit. I expected her to be more monstrous or a pursuer like Nemesis. But I guess RE1's environments don't lend themselves to that kind of gameplay.

I didn't really feel threatened by Lisa, because she was just so slow.
>>
100% steam achievements. Played when it first released on gamecube. Its always been great.
>>
File: 1275867251466s.jpg (8KB, 251x193px) Image search: [Google]
1275867251466s.jpg
8KB, 251x193px
>>388733572
I want a what if scenario where you fail to cure Sherry on time and she transforms into a loli G
>>
>>388729824
>Yawn. Whatever

Are you shitting me? Everyone loved the original Resident Evil.

But the graphics update and the new areas/puzzles in REmake blew everyone's mind at the time. I should know, I was actually old enough when it came out to remember the reaction, unlike you who is probably 18-20 and just pulling facts out of your blown out asshole.
>>
>>388735953
That would be interesting desu
>>
>>388736353
The Moonlight Sonata trailer on Gamespot was fucking amazing
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.