[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Play PC beta >First mission is just killing trash mobs,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

File: Destiny-2-1080P-Wallpaper-1.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-1080P-Wallpaper-1.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>Play PC beta
>First mission is just killing trash mobs, no challenge
>Strike mission more of the same, killing trash mobs with shit-tier AI
>Boss is the most unoriginal shit, literally just a big robot with a gun
>Boss needs to spawn shitloads of trash mobs to even be remotely challenging
>Try PvP
>It fuckin sucks, game clearly not designed/balanced around it
Am I missing something here? Is Destiny shit or is it just a bad demo/beta?
>>
The big thing I noticed with Destiny 2 is a lot of the enemies felt fairly simple AI-wise. I get the feeling part of it is because they designed it for consoles and the slower reaction time then with K+M.

With that said, yeah, I thought it was a pretty bad beta. The destiny 1 beta at the very least allowed you to do some of the story stuff, whereas the PvP stuff was not the main reason I was considering picking it up.
>>
>>388724570
Shoot and loot games are never challenging. The fuck you expected?
>>
>>388724746
There's going to be a brief window where you can go to the new "tower" area called the farm

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/902606191984914433
>>
I played the 1st on the PS4.

It was fucking shit.
>>
It's a mix. Destiny strikes are typically shoot shit, do platforming, and then shoot more shit. They did add in more variety eventually but this strike clearly does not have any of that. Plus not loot drops until the very end to distract you.

Pvp is a bit fucked right now because the aim assist is so damn strong right now. Plug in a controller and zooming will snap you immediately to their head, and if you have a handcannon it's like two shots to kill.
>>
>play diablo
>you just click on enemies and your characters fires magic at them and they die
>get to boss
>boss shoots magic projectiles at me
>ignore them and keep clicking on the boss
>it dies
Am I missing something here? Is Diablo shit or is it just a bad game?

Dropping the sarcasm for a moment, the fun is in leveling up and gearing your character while exploring areas. Having FPS combat where you're jumping around and going for headshots and etc is also generally some of the most engaging minute to minute gameplay that exists, certainly a step up from traditional ARPGs like path of exile, though those games are still pretty good due to doubling down on the character customization which is less of a focus for games like destiny or borderlands.
>>
>>388724570
That sums up Destiny 1 pretty well. I'm not a retard so I didn't fall for the "sequel" meme.
>>
>>388724570
I am having a ton of freeze and crash issues on top of that. Having to go through the two tutorial missions every time you want to try out a new class is pretty ass as well since if you crash at any point you are sent back to the start
>>
>>388726905
But anon, that's exactly why people hated Diablo 3 over 2. 2 had complex fights way beyond point and click. 3 is point and click, and will never be beloved.

Destiny 2 promises to be even more simplistic than 1, and that alone should be a gigantic red flag.
>>
>>388724570
Casual normies and streamer girls on twitch will prob love this, another game to be half-afk while looking pretty on the camera.
>>
>>388727106
That's odd, the game has been running like water out of a tap for me and everyone else I've heard. You should probably submit some bug reports or whatever.
>>
>>388727261
Its supposed to be a beta after all, so I will do that.
>>
Yes, Destiny is and always has been garbage with terrible COD gameplay mixed with endless grinding. Boring pile of shit. Only retarded underages and actual shills will say otherwise.
>>
>>388727427
running any program at all that has in-game overlays will crash your game. mine wouldn't stop crashing until I turned off RivaTuner fps display. same with all the other overlays, and if you wanna stream the game you have to use display capture instead of game capture.
>>
>>388727238
It's been like 6 years since I last played diablo 2 but I don't remember it being that complex. The only real trick was realizing that stacking up resistances and having an actual build that puts out sufficient damage as was mandatory for surviving higher difficulties as opposed to what I did the first time where I picked necromancer and just went "I want to summon all the things"

Destiny is not a buildcraft game, it kind of really comes to how much you enjoy clicking on people. I've been waiting for a good mmo-fps-arpg since getting hyped for that fucking vaporware Huxley in 2009 and destiny is the closest realization of that dream we've had, so I'm looking forward to Destiny: More And Also Now You Can Play With Mouse And Keyboard
>>
>>388724570

This is why PC shouldn't have gotten Destiny.

People on PC are so used to the way others game play they can't appreciate the simplicity of how Destiny plays.
>>
>>388724570
bought the first one during some sale and finally tried it this month due to 2 coming out soon and after playing through the story I think I have my fill of destiny

the universe is so ho-hum science fantasy by the numbers and the way it told the story was worse than world of warcraft circa 2007
>>
Is it true the storyline is now Borderlands tier?
>>
>>388727706
>running any program at all that has in-game overlays will crash your game
I also had issues with just leaving things like Twitch in the background as something to listen to as background noise. Havent tried with things like youtube yet but if I dont have twitch open it runs great. With it on it freezes and crashes. Its not due to lack of resources since I kept an eye on that.
>>
>>388724570
It's a low skill ceiling console game ported to PC, not sure what you expected. It even has aim assist on PC, you can use a XIM to exploit and use a mouse with aim assist and they'll never remove it (just like in BO3) because Activision wants to double dip with controller users.
>>
I don'tk now, I liked the PVE missions, but there's just so little damn content I'm not sure if I really want to spend money on this.
There just isn't much to form an opinion.
>>
>>388727787
>pc shouldn't have gotten destiny because destiny is just like most other fps games on the market
>>
>>388727730
>Huxley

Wow, there's a game I haven't heard of in a very long time
>>
Either assault rifles are too shit or revolvers are too op
>>
Destiny was fucking awful, the game turned into a huge grind shitfest and they kept moving the goalposts so you would have to grind more endlessly, I don't know how people played it for so long.
>>
File: 1393875999572.png (377KB, 657x434px) Image search: [Google]
1393875999572.png
377KB, 657x434px
I had fun but the game feels so sterile, everything is so clean cut and the color palette is dull and dry. I felt that I was playing Borderlands without the memes and cell shading in end.
>>
>>388727830
After they got nolan north to replace peter dinklage, the "ghost" robot that follows you around is basically claptrap with a slightly less annoying voice. It's not that bad if you have any tolerance for those kinds of characters. They kind of went from it having not enough personality, to having too much. I liked the dinklagebot just fine though.

In terms of the overall story of the campaign, I don't think so? D2's mainly about this huge space marine turtle who is part of a military/warrior race and he hates the fact that humans are tiny and pathetic but they have been given this amazing space magic immortality superpowers thing, so he comes to cut the players off from the source of the power and blow all their shit up and that's the start of the game.
>>
File: 1332079014485.jpg (7KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1332079014485.jpg
7KB, 241x209px
whats the best class for beginners?
>>
>>388727787
>too intelligent to play destiny
>>
am I missing something? I just played the mission that it threw me in, and I had no idea until about 80% of the way through when I accidentally pressed a key that I had abilities. Also didn't know I could double jump until I accidentally pressed space again

am I retarded? have I missed something?
>>
>>388727787
>game is so shitty, generic, and lacking that PC shouldn't have gotten it so they can't make fun of your pathetic taste in games
Fucking kek. It's complete shit.
>>
I fell for the Destimeme the first time when the console generation was just kicking off. Traded it for Knack. I won that trade.
>>
>>388728443
Any of them. I'm playing a titan because I don't like how the others look
>>
>>388728470
Same, also dont play vs with assault rifles, use hand cannons.
>>
>>388728470
I wouldn't say you're retarded, just that you forgot to always take a look at the keymapping when starting a game, anon.
But yes, there isn't any tutorial or anything, the game throw you into a mission and that's it.
>>
>Kill giant Vex
>"Ha! Failsafe, admit that we did a good job! Say it!"
>"What are you happy about? The Captain did all the work and you just sit in his backpack." (Delivered in a way to simulate a bored teenage girl)
>"Hmph! Switch off! You hear me? Just switch off!"

I might actually just be playing Borderlands.
>>
File: 1499367572253.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1499367572253.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>388727787
>consolefags are mad because they can't lie about how good their game is anymore
>>
>>388728376
Both. It won't change, it was exactly the same in the first game.
>>
File: 1502940361501.jpg (33KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502940361501.jpg
33KB, 604x453px
>>388724570
>People buying Destiny 2 at launch even though its probably going to be the same barebones shit that D1 was at launch

why?
>>
>>388728443
Whichever one you think is cooler, warrior rogue or mage. They end up playing basically the same except for different supers, grenades, and double jumps that end up being more flavor then they are function.

I like warlock because I always pick the mage class and voidwalker super is basically a nuke and the new warlock fire subclass can do like a matrix aim glide shoot thing. Titan is also cool jumping around doing ground slams and tackles like some combination of the hulk and captain america. I don't like rogues because I am not fedoracore.
>>
After thousands of csgo, this game literally feels shit
>>
>>388727787
jesus man, calm down with that aggressive spacing
>>
Why are the environments so ugly compared to 1?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>388728731
>play a match with assault rifle
>0.5 efficiency
>play with revolver
>2.75 efficiency
>>
It's shit.
>>
Destiny has always been this way, welcome.
>>
>>388728772
That's surprising, considering you're going from casual garbage to casual garbage - you should feel right at home.
>>
>people weren't lying when they said gunplay feels floaty
Between this and the gearbox tier writing and voice acting, I won't be buying this. Seriously what's up with the script? It feels like they wanted to imitate guardians of the galaxy but ended up sounding like borderlands
>>
>>388728376
Most weapons in destiny are specifically designed to have the same basic DPS, it's just how they do that damage and in what pattern that changes. Handcannons pull ahead because it's slightly easier to make all of your shots headshots, while landing 100% headshots with an assault rifle is nearly impossible without aimbot.

Also further swayed by fuckers with a controller getting ridiculous aim assist, free headshots with handcannons right now, that'll probably be changed before release, lot of people are complaining about it.
>>
>>388729000
I suppose revolver makes sense on console where the average player aim is slower and sloppier, so they had to compensate over the faster weapons, but on PC it's just insane, there's absolutely no reasons to use anything else.
>>
>>388729071
Ok silver elite
>>
>>388729110
It used to be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlOYatDYC40

At the game's first expansion, they scrapped the entirety of dinklage's voice acting and replaced him with memepool.
>>
File: 1503259779226.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1503259779226.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>Destiny 1 revealed
>People are hyped for some reason
>We get gameplay footage
>It looks mediocre
>Beta comes, it still looks mediocre
>People still hyping it up
>Destiny 1 releases
>It's shit
>It stays shit for years
>PC gamers want it for some reason
>Destiny 2 announced
>Also announces PC version
>PC gamers play it
>Hey, it's shit. Why didn't anyone tell us?
>mfw
>>
>>388728768
You don't understand the fortitude of Destinyfags. They literally do not care what they get.

What's sad is that Bungie apparently knows this as Destiny 2 is looking equivalent to a Chinese knockoff of 1.
>>
>>388727787
exactly, console shooters are laughable and should stay on consoles
>>
>>388727787
Destiny raids are more complex than any PC mmo raid that's for sure.
>>
Doesn't feel right on PC. It's much more fun on console or with a controller on a TV.
>>
This game is going to have way less content than the first one did at launch. It is so blatantly another expansion to the first game being sold as a sequel.
>>
>>388729406
So you're telling they just cut out the most fun part from the beta?
>>
>>388729406
Shit bait
>>
>>388729517
Uh... yes? They did cut out the open world bits and the leveling and the character progression and the endgame. If they had put that in the demo, it wouldn't be a demo it would be the full game.
>>
>>388729494
>This game is going to have way less content than the first one did at launch

That would pretty much kill the series. Even hardcore Destiny fans wouldn't accept a launch as shitty as the first game.
>>
>>388729339
How did such a generic and mediocre game develop such a fucking absurd autistic following? Literally MAG for the PS3 had more depth and fun in its gunplay.
>>
>>388729110
Because Cayd-6 was the most popular character in the original game, and in typical Nathan Fillion fashion he was the joke spouting character. So they decided to make an entire game based on that.
>>
>>388724570
As someone who has always liked D1, yeah, the levelling gets pretty intense and the first 20 pre-light levels were essentially a giant tutorial, the demo being just a few levels of such.

Still don't see how it could work on a PC, but eh I guess Halo:CE could do it
>>
>>388729000
The pistol is good but I am shitting on kids way harder with the rifle. This is basically halo 1 gameplay with how the guns are balanced.
>>
File: 1497651025110.jpg (102KB, 746x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497651025110.jpg
102KB, 746x500px
>>388729406
>>
>>388724570
Good:
It runs very well but i would be fucking astouned if it didnt with how simplistic the levels look.
Bad:
Everything else. Holy shit what a bland, clunky and not funny game. Why is shit like this even allowed when theres games liek Titanfall 2, Splatoon 2, Overwatch, PUBG or BF1 around.

Playstation was a mistake.
>>
>>388729642
It has a fucking massive marketing budget. They wouldn't spend that money if it didn't work.
>>
The strike was easy? Huh i didnt finish it as much as ive left because teammates didnt know what they were doing, falling off, and getting killed by the boss. Other than that I enjoyed it, just wait till the game releases because you will have diferent gear and it will surely be harder.
>>
>>388729642
its an autistic loot grinder sim with nice art design, of course there would be autistic people defending it
>>
>>388729642
Because mag isn't a game that combines elements of mmo, fps, AND arpg. It was just a large scale fps.

People want world of warcraft + diablo, but with guns. This is a thing that is has been established that people want. I want it. Other people want it. Borderlands was almost it, but the online was shit. The game overwatch was going to be sounded like it would be it, but instead we got overwatch. Warframe is kind of it, but has many of its own problems and also is a TPS instead of an FPS. Destiny is actually it, even though it's not amazing.

Being actually the only game in it's genre is what makes destiny popular.
>>
File: 1428456297199.jpg (113KB, 457x446px) Image search: [Google]
1428456297199.jpg
113KB, 457x446px
How is nobody bitching about the cooldown timers on all your abilities? Game is basically 98% generic shooting and 2% powers/nades/etc. I mean I don't need my super every 5 seconds but the grenade and class ability shit is WAY too slow.
The fact that the "beta" (read: demo) has one PvE mission and two terribly unbalanced PvP aim assist shitfests tells me they're probably going to realease it with minimal PvE content for months and rely on the shitty PvP to keep people busy while they finish the game in $40 DLC increments.
You know, EXACTLY LIKE LAST TIME.
>>
>>388729634
Nah, those retards will literally eat up whatever Activision shits into their mouths. They're the same people who buy COD every year. But it's painfully obvious that it will have less because the beta is way more barebones than the beta for the first game. This most likely will not sell nearly as much as the first game did though because it is identical and the majority who bought that hated it and don't want more.
>>
>>388729642
People love carrot on a stick gear treadmills.
WoW's never been fun either but it's popular too.
>>
File: 1482616139212.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482616139212.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
does the game still have purchasable spaceships for the loading screens?
>>
>>388724570
They are just keeping alot of stuff secret but with all these leaks it looks really cool
>>
I like the idea of combos, like sprinting and meleeing for a special attack. Too bad there's so few of them and they play such a secondary role
>>
>>388729927
Destiny 1 had a stat you could build on your armor that would reduce cooldowns, I think/hope the same will be in D2.

Also that "generic shooting" is everything that is responsible for the success of Halo.
>>
File: 1502936806772.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502936806772.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>388729406
>>
File: 1473704408635.jpg (44KB, 378x411px) Image search: [Google]
1473704408635.jpg
44KB, 378x411px
>>388724570
Destiny (and I'm assuming the sequel) is an MMO for the Call of Duty audience. This audience has never played an MMO so all this basic shit design straight out of 10 years ago is completely new and original to them.

Basically the Chad MMO.
>>
>>388730058
Halo 1-Reach are far from generic. Halo 4 and 5 are the generic COD clone cancer. Destiny is just COD as well, nothing Halo about it.
>>
>>388730125
But the people I know who play dowaduddy are wimpy normalfags, they are far from chads.
>>
File: 1355884443419.jpg (38KB, 399x298px) Image search: [Google]
1355884443419.jpg
38KB, 399x298px
>>388730058
>Also that "generic shooting" is everything that is responsible for the success of Halo.
You are so goddamn wrong, its impressive.
>>
>>388724570
>It fuckin sucks, game clearly not designed/balanced around it
PvP is probably the only balanced part of this mess. The reason why we have double primaries and obscenely long cooldown timers on abilities is FOR PvP balance, which imo sucks ass but you can't call it unbalanced because you suck ass at shooters.
>>
>>388730125
be more out of touch
>>
>>388729920
>autistic loot grinder
Loot grinder autist here. It's all the "looks nice" because as a loot grinder it's fuckin abysmal.
>>
>>388728768
>destiney simulates fps mmo style of gameplay
>people desperately crave this, or something that sort of play style
>destiney knows this and doesn't have to try hard at being that with it being the only playable game in this market
>>
>>388730173
>Destiny is just COD as well

Since when did COD have double jumps / gliding and borderline-quake-like jumping combat? You spend more time in destiny airborne then you do on the ground
>>
If they don't add some amount of emphasis to vehicle play, I will actually not buy the game. Vehicle shit is the best part of co-op play.
>>
File: 1404826320128.jpg (64KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404826320128.jpg
64KB, 720x720px
>>388730058
>Generic shooting
>Halo
>>
>>388729664
jokes =/= quips get your facts straight, redd*t.
>>
>>388730173
Pretty pointless to go around labeling which other game Destiny "is". But in Destiny fights are usually more than whoever sees the other one first wins.
>>
I love how everyone shits on this game so hard because they can't admit they want to play it. They don't want to be alienated on their anonymous chinese imageboard, it's amazing.

Sorry you faggots don't remember how to have fun, maybe try another hobby if you're unhappy with video games.
>>
>>388730472
Since FW, tard.
>>
>>388730472
woah since when did Destiny have quake-like anything?
>>
>normalfags are actually playing Destiny 1 & 2

lmfao @ nu-/v/
>>
File: 1504024734382.jpg (1MB, 5000x4167px) Image search: [Google]
1504024734382.jpg
1MB, 5000x4167px
>>388724570
it's just as bland and mindless as diablo...who woulda known in a looting game that people would like this repetitive shit.
>>
>>388730517
>>388730319

I didn't call it generic, he did.

Destiny has the same basic gameplay as Halo 1. Literally. The. Exact. Same.
>>
The demo is pretty shit desu senpai. The real and actually good content is the raids.
Everything else is bad to okay.

Oh trials of osiris multiplayer mode was quite good with some friends.
>>
>>388730607
Since quake is a game with high TTK where you jump and shoot and go fast a lot and Destiny is a game with high TTK where you jump and shoot and go fast a lot.
>>
>>388730526
>Defending quips
I wonder who the real red here is???
>>
>>388730617
pretty relaxing after I played a few rounds PUBG with my bois :^)
>>
>>388730715
>Destiny is a game with high TTK where you jump and shoot and go fast a lot.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1411653734705.jpg (28KB, 436x356px) Image search: [Google]
1411653734705.jpg
28KB, 436x356px
Since it was established in this thread that Destiny 2 sucks nigger balls I was wondering if there is any good game that is an MMO or Diablo like game that is an FPS.

I remember playing hellgate: londong and loving that shit and I have been desperatly trying to find something like this however
>borderlands
>xD memes characters are le gay

>warframe
>wait 5 days to use a weapon or spend 20 bucks to get it now

Is there no good game in that area that still has players and a lot of contet?
>>
>>388730715
Destiny TTK is nothing like Quake lol
>>
>>388729406

MMOs dont have any gameplay to begin with
>>
>>388730472
>Since when did COD have double jumps / gliding
>>
>>388730914
Nope. It doesn't exist.
>>
>>388730620
It doesn't. Destiny has bullet sponge enemies which kills any fun you'd have from shooting.
>>
>>388730914
Literally no such thing.
>>
>>388730526

Defending that terrible humor is literally redd*t
>>
>>388730914
MGSV

It's third person, but it still has best shootan and even some pretty good FPS mechanics, with a unique loot grind system that keeps the game rolling.
>>
>>388730914
Warframe is literally the only name in the business, but it's only 4 players and the game has no loot, you just farm for crafting materials to build shit, so that's less fun.
>>
File: 1503713066002.jpg (94KB, 371x309px) Image search: [Google]
1503713066002.jpg
94KB, 371x309px
The enemies suck too, I never played Destiny 1 but I liked their designs far better than these fucking orcs.

PVP sucks ass, and when I try to play normal shit I keep getting paired with retarded shitbrained kids who go afk every 20-40 seconds or a full minute after every time they die from standing still.
None of the skills feel original, neat, or fun to play with. None of the weapons feel satisfying to use.

If I were to summarize my experience so far: it's like Borderlands with worse gunplay and better dialogue. The visuals are unimpressive to me, I don't know why. The game has great graphics but everything is so uninspired and uninteresting to look at.
>>
File: 1489687697118.png (411KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1489687697118.png
411KB, 500x506px
>>388730715
>Destiny
>fast
>>
>>388730914
Dunno, I enjoyed Borderlands 1 & 2 quite a bit, you should try to ignore the lol so funnay xD parts
>>
>>388730620
>Destiny has the same basic gameplay as Halo 1. Literally. The. Exact. Same.
No, no it does not.
>>
>>388731141
it does
>>
>>388731141
It's the spiritual successor to the Bungie Halo series, dude.
>>
>>388731034
Elites and those ape things on higher difficulties were as bullet spongey as anything in destiny. The only exception is boss fights, because halo didn't really have any kind of boss fights, you would just shoot a lot of enemies and at the end have to do a car race through an exploding area, or shit like the scarabs in halo 2.
>>
>>388731069
deadframe more like am i rite or am i rite?
>>
>>388724570
Bad demo. Bad strike mission. I got my brother to play it and while I personally enjoy it I could tell watching him play how horrible that robot boss AI was. Just a really shitty demo. The main game will be much better. They seem to be sticking to their roots so thats good. I was worries they would try something stupid and new.
>>
i was expecting this game to be too easy on PC.
plus it lacks content and comes out 2 months later.
please dont buy this game on PC guys...
>>
in bungie's defense they're obviously trying not to show too much in this beta - which is the opposite of what they did with the first game when they just gave everyone the first planet for fucking free

the opening mission is basically nothing, the strike is pretty fun but the fucked up gear means that cooldowns and super meter charge were all fucked up

honestly i dont think it's that great a representation of the game at all
>>
>>388731276
I think it's more like 8thmostplayedgameonsteamframe

or

50thousandplayerseverydayframe
>>
>>388724570
It is the very definition of a normalfag game, even worse than Call of Duty in that aspect. It's designed for chads who doesn't have time to git gud at video games and instead are out earning money and crushing pussy and then when they get home and have 15 minutes of free time they can hop on Destiny with their chad friends, then they get some loot and they feel accomplished.
>>
>>388730914
If your only complaint from Warframe is the building time for weapons you should give it a try. Unless you're a child with no attention span who can't play a game for longer than 5 days.
>>
>>388731141
It literally does.
Did you play either game? Are you capable of critical thought?
>>
File: 1259033413497.jpg (64KB, 700x638px) Image search: [Google]
1259033413497.jpg
64KB, 700x638px
>>388731069
>>388730914
>old Warframe
>low enemy density in missions, have to be strategic with your gear and pay attention to stats and attributes
>grineer are heavily armored so you should bring weapons with a lot of piercing
>infestation is weak to fire
>your group matters and your frame matters
>going fast was a rewarding challenge of skill and ability

>new Warframe
>ctrl + shift + space through the level while mashing E and your Warframe's one useful ability, use your overpowered weapon of the month on anything that doesn't die instantly to melee
>congratulations you beat the same exact mission you've done 40 times here is some mats and a blueprint for a part of something that sucks worse than any other weapon in your arsenal
>>
why are the cooldowns so fucking long?
>>
>>388731363
I honestly don't care about waiting. Waiting years for gta has hardened my immune system.
Game isn't too easy on PC, although substantially easier than wrestling with your controller.
>>
>>388731197
Thanks for correcting the record, Mr. Definitely Not Bungie Marketing Division
>>
WHO /REFUND/ HERE???

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH YOUR CASH?
>>
>>388729289

pretty much this
>>
>>388731390
I have over 200 hours in it, and in the end the grind was just not worth it anymore.
Did they add any worthwhile content over the years that it suddenly is better?

I remember that it had worse grinding then Diablo3, I loved the gunplay and the movement but it just got really tiring after doing the same 3 mission all day
>>
>>388731083
>The enemies suck too, I never played Destiny 1 but I liked their designs far better than these fucking orcs.
The cabal were 25% of the enemies in 1 and were far far worse than here. Looked more generic, had no purpose in the story, and only 3 enemy types one of which had physics defying shields of taking fuck all damage and warping you through a wall. They were always the most boring race, but it sounds like vex, fallen, and hive all have their own planets in this.
>>
>>388730914

Since you mentioned Hellgate Londom, try Secret World legends on Steam. It went f2p. It might be fun for a few hours for you.
>>
>>388731636
It's really fucking bad though. It's pretty much a walk in neck deep mud in between cinematics.
>>
>>388731175
>>388731197
>>388731392
>its a sci-fi FPS, so the core gameplay must be the same!
Educate yourselves, you fucking plebstars.
https://youtu.be/yuOObGjCA7Q
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-30+at+08.02.23).png (64KB, 262x138px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-30+at+08.02.23).png
64KB, 262x138px
>>388731390
Warframe is shit.
DE and their gook kike overlords ruined something that was good, made it mediocre as fuck, then made it even worse when people didn't like that. Can't wait for open-world so people finally give up hope in it ever being good again and it dies.
>>
>>388731506
Nothing because I got the game for free by turning about a million WoW gold into about $140 blizzard store bucks to pick up the digital deluxe edition.
>>
Actually had fun taking down the boss with my friends, who played 1 a lot on PS4. They're getting it on PC, I don't think I'm anywhere near on board yet, shit's also expensive.
They're pretty into it so they'll probably drop Siege for at least a solid few weeks when it comes out, so if I want to play with them it's pretty clear what I should do.
At least PC delay means that I can wait for the reviews on console release.
>>
File: 1503815824041.jpg (235KB, 787x768px) Image search: [Google]
1503815824041.jpg
235KB, 787x768px
>>388731790
>nothing because I got the game for free by buying it with money

You do know why any currency has value, yes?
>>
>>388727730
>>388728332
I'm glad there's other people who still remember huxley

I remember being hyped because I heard it was a PvPvE game on a huge scale but then when I played it was it just some shitty korean TPS MMO type game
>>
>>388731309
>everything we see is shit
>but the game will still be good
>calling "copy/paste" "sticking to your roots"

(???) ???-????
>>
>>388729642
What everyone else said, but also that Destiny was constantly touted as Bungie's magnum opus, the game they always wanted to do, and they had built up plenty of cred after the original Halo trilogy and their other previous projects.
>>
>>388731752
>now he posts doom

?????
>>
File: 4500.jpg (82KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
4500.jpg
82KB, 640x610px
D2 sucks, cod ww2 will be the shit.
>>
I played the first mission and the shooting felt pretty good; if it's more like Borderlands this time then I'll pick it up; if it's more grinding for twenty hours doing one mission then I'm running far away from it
>>
>>388731917
Okay, let me rephrase, I got the game buy spending my time, which has no value to me because I am a 30 year old man who does nothing but sit around playing video games all day. Shit's great. I beat the system.
>>
File: jaden-smith-1.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jaden-smith-1.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>388731369
>implying a patch wasn't just dropped
>>
>>388732031
will be shit*
>>
>>388732031
actually bf2 will be the new meme
screencap this you codpleb that shit has absolutely 0 hype going for it
>>
File: 1e353w[1].jpg (85KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
1e353w[1].jpg
85KB, 500x688px
>>388730472
>borderline-quake-like jumping combat

lmoa. quake jumping is for gaining speed and maneuvering, not floating off to the moon
>>
>>388732065
So this is the demographic for Destiny 2? A 30 year old NEET?
>>
>>388731752
No, because it controls the exact same. Compare it with Halo5 to see what I'm saying
>>
File: 1503394207094.jpg (29KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1503394207094.jpg
29KB, 250x243px
>>388732065
>I spent my time to get money, I beat the system of spending time to get money
Most adults figure it out well before 30. There is no escape from this system.
>>
>>388732081
It was 45 thousand players every day when I was last playing a few months ago, although those numbers were slightly boosed because plains of eidolon had just been announced.
>>
>>388729923
There's also The Division, but that's a third-person cover shooter, and its setting and tone didn't immediately lend itself to a looter shooter as well as Destiny did. People are cutting Destiny more slack than they are The Division.
>>
>>388729927
>Everyone has aimassist
>That means it's unbalanced

Just admit you're shit at aiming. Not everyone is mlg god-tier xXx420n0scopes. Just because you're bad doesn't mean it's unbalanced.
>>
>>388732031
>cod ww2
it looks exactly like every other CoD MP :(

I'll stick with Splatoon, thanks
>>
>>388732207
TD2 should be great if they drop that mmo hp sponge garbage. I get it to an extent as stats exist, but holy fuck it shouldn't take a good 5 minutes of shooting someone for them to die.
>>
>>388732031
it's just literally cod with ww2 skin...whose dumbass idea was it to add recon plane
>>
>>388729578
provide some examples that are better than the vault of glass
>>
>>388726905
>destiny shills are this retarded
What does Diablo have to do with anything retard? Can you not defend this piece of shit with an actual argument?
>>
I already bought it.

Im gonna have fun playing with my friends.

I hope you all have a nice day today.
>>
>>388732031
Destiny makes CoD look like the most innovative franchise of all time 2bqhwu
>>
>>388732441
Fuck you
>>
>>388732189
You ever think about how badly we had to fuck up as a species to create an environment where a robot doing our jobs for us is a bad thing?

This should be the start of the Star Trek-eqsue era of prosperity where we have no problems and resort to exploring space out of boredom, but instead that shit is being held back because we have to constantly invent fake reasons to give people money so that they can buy food.
>>
>>388732428
>destiny haters are this retarded
I mean it's the same argument from the OP, you dong.
>>
>get PC beta
>game refuses to launch
>try all the "fixes"
>nothing works
>get refund
>>
I personally had hoped for 4 active abilities or so like Warframe or dem MOBAs.

Also vehicles and a Planetside-like huge persistent war would have been nice. With the amount of cash they had available this shouldn't have been impossible to make.

It's all a bit bear-bones.
>>
>>388732537
stop reading genre fiction
>>
File: 812548129506.jpg (70KB, 483x507px) Image search: [Google]
812548129506.jpg
70KB, 483x507px
>>388732537
Instead we still have Jews and now SJeWs.
>>
>>388732441
Apply yourself.
>>
>>388732575
console masterrace
>>
>aim assist works in PC pvp
>literally just plug in a controller and get aimbot

I hear the game itself is optimized and everything, but wtf are they thinking
>>
>>388728768
>barebones as one
Doubt it. One was plagued with fucking development problems to the point that they remade the game several months before release. 2 actually looks like they've been given control to develop it properly.
>>
>>388731752
when both of the games were produced by the same developer, yes there's cause to believe they would be very similar
From the very first fucking piece of Destiny 1 footage literally everyone on /v/ just said "Oh this is just halo with magic"
Stop being contrarian
>>
>>388732596
They only have about $20 or so to spend on gameplay. This is mostly a marketing project.
>>
File: 1404788010979.jpg (17KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
1404788010979.jpg
17KB, 306x165px
>>388732269
>Plug my 360 controller into PC
>Aim literally snaps between other players and glues the reticle to their heads
>2 shot everybody with a good revolver
>KB+M players actually at a disadvantage due to the extreme nature of controller assist
PvP right now is basically two groups of players, the ones who don't know better and are rocking KB+M and rifles, smgs etc, and everybody else with a controller and revolvers DOMINATING the first group.
Sure, they'll patch it (probably) before October but right now it makes the PvP a joke.
>>
File: 1500840739853.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
1500840739853.png
313KB, 701x394px
>>388730572
>This game is awesome i love it, clearly no one would think otherwise. I bet they all secretly want to play with me too
>>
File: 1503671286088.png (230KB, 500x913px) Image search: [Google]
1503671286088.png
230KB, 500x913px
>>388732818
>>
>>388732965
good, Destiny is a controller game.
>>
>>388732831
>actually looks like they've been given control to develop it properly.
What does, exactly?
>>
>>388732975
he is right though. Reminder how butthurt /v/ is about PUBG because they don't have friends to play with.
>>
>>388729975
Yes. The spaceships still serve as nothing but loading screen/matchmaking filler.
>>
>>388732620
realize that money only has the value that people believe it has
>>
I was hyped for Destiny 1 thinking it would have this epic story based on the marketing.

I was very disappointed and had no idea what I was doing half the time, but the gameplay was fun and addicting.

I probably won't be buying Destiny 2. I'll just stick to Skyrim Remastered.
>>
>>388728587
All the dialogue I've heard in the game just seems so unnatural, it reads like a bad movie script that doesn't know whether it wants to be serious or funny.
>>
>>388732965
>Destiny 2 PvP
>a joke

you don't say? i thought a merry-go-'round rat simulator with regening health was super competitive!!
>>
>>388729597
They should've atleast a single raid for plays to try because this game feels a shit otherwise
>>
Thought the first one was pretty boring, stopped playing after a few hours.

Found 2 just as boring so far, but I'll play a bit more of the beta later.
It feels like if damage was doubled across the board it might be much much more enjoyable.

Not too sure I understand the appeal, feels very similar to borderlands, which I didn't enjoy.
>>
>>388733127
Running in a video game isn't fun no matter how many people you have to play with.
>>
>>388724570
When I played the pve mission I literally just ran towards the checkpoint, avoiding every enemy, until the few points where they force you to kill them. I suffered no penalty for doing this and probably saved myself 30 minutes of completely useless boring gunfights.

Is the actual game like this? What's the point?
>>
>>388733235
the beta is literally just the same shit they used for E3 showing.
>>
>>388733074
The fact that they've actuall spoken about their architecture for adding content, that they have an actual story set out with 50+ cutscenes as opposed to the handful we had on vanilla release, that there are more activites to do in comparison to vanilla, interviews, etc.
>>
>>388730914
That's the problem. This is a surprisingly narrow genre when you think about it. The only games in the space:
>Destiny 1 and 2
>The Division
>Warframe (if you squint a bit)
>Anthem (doesn't release for a full year)
>>
>>388733127
It's probably more about PUBG threads being the /v/ equivalent of /tv/'s GoT: absolute garbage that infests this board because 70% of posters are nu/v/ reddit faggots
>>
>>388733291
Well, the game feels like an emoty shit with no balance
>>
>>388732965
Everyone gets that aim assist option whether you have a controller plugged in or not. Do you really spend your life just shitting on everything? Is it because your life is nothing? I don't get it m8.
>>
>>388733337
>The Division
Tactical bullet sponge
>>
>>388733294
No no I mean from what you've seen or played, not what they've said. Because from what I've seen and played it's the exact same thing as Destiny 1 but with a handful of bad changes.
>>
>>388730914
Just play Borderlands you giant fag. The writing isn't the next great American novel, but the gameplay is fun which is all that matters.
>>
>>388724570
>there are people who are surprised that "not halo" the psuedo mmo fps 2, as in the sequel, is shit just like the first one.
am i missing something here?
>>
>>388733556
But make sure to pirate it to not give that cancer company Gearbox any shekels
>>
>>388733294
They spoke and put out a lot of talk on the first game. This is literally the same bs marketing hype. How well did that work last time?
Oh whats that, 150 dollars for the full "experience" after DLC because we couldnt fix our nothing the game?

What? There is already two paid DLC options planned. No, im sure thats unrelated. Im sure a game they have done in half the time as the first and with all the same promises as it will be completely FULL of content...and not just a sorry excuse for an expansion labeled number 2 so they can get more money on PC.
>>
>>388733403
>everyone has an option to use an aimbot so it's ok!

Do you just spend your whole like content with shit or what I don't get it
>>
do i get into the beta if I pre-order right fucking now?
>>
>>388733459
That seems to only further highlight the point that Destiny is considered the only real game in the space, despite The Division doing the same thing with a different control scheme and coat of paint.
>>
>>388733547
And what do you mean by barebones? When I read that I think actual cotent. Are you referring to the actual mechanics? The minute by minute gameplay feels fine to me and the weapon config changes aren't as bad as people make it out to be. I'd need to see how it works in pve more though to fully form my opinion on that.
>>
>>388733826

If 2 is really as much dissapointment as you describe then people just wont buy it
The hype and preorders are because Bungie restored some of that faith, but if they're repeating that bullshit people will just jump that wagon
>>
>>388733930
Its an open beta you goon.
>>
>>388733930
lmao it's an open beta
>>
>>388733930
It's an open beta at the moment. Just download via battlenet and start playing.
>>
>>388733942

Division playes like ass
Super floaty
>>
>>388733930
Anon, you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>388733853
I didn't say it was okay, I was just referring to the fact that the guy was just spreading wrong information on purpose like it made him feel better or something. I guess if it does, go for it. It's the only reason I see for it.
>>
>>388724570
>have gigabit internet
>blizzard's garbage app won't download faster then 3 MB/s
>stay up waiting for it to download cause i was mad about sonic having denuvo and didn't want to go to bed without playing SOMETHING
>game is slow as shit
>screen gets covered in crap whenever you get hit
>only 3 classes
>subclasses are essentially the same shit in a different color
>coming from warframe and mass effect 3, horde mode games in first person feel claustrophobic even with the FOV turned up
>game bombards me with set pieces and story clips I couldn't give less of a shit about
>giant enemy mothership throwing balls full of enemies at me
>but theres a cutscene before I board it
Guess I'll stick to warframe and PoE for my loot grindan needs
>>
So should I just hook up my controller for free Handcannon headshots or what?
>>
>>388734206
Oh and i almost forgot
>all the warlocks double jump options are useless shit
Haven't tried the others
>>
>>388734209
Try uninstalling this shit and playing something fun!
>>
File: 1497021175554.jpg (58KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
1497021175554.jpg
58KB, 578x578px
>>388733135
>The spaceships still serve as nothing but loading screen/matchmaking filler.

fucking REEEEEEEEEE

i was hoping that they would be more than a loading screen this time around.
>>
>we will never get a shooter mmo with cs mechanics
>>
>>388734456
no
>>
>>388734501
ah yeah, wait for peek and stutter step, that'd be one amazing game haha

now an mmo shooter with titanfall 2's mecahnics, that'd be fucking rad
>>
>>388734028
>number
well done
>>
>>388734456
lol why would I uninstall the game just to reinstall it again
>>
>>388734501
Thank fucking christ, I'd rather have shooters with fun mechanics instead of arbitrary recoil control.
>>
>>388734501
Praise the lord for that
>>
File: Anthem-Screenshot.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Anthem-Screenshot.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>388734608
Bioware: i gotchu senpai, just hold on for a year
>>
>>388734501
>tfw no FPS MMO with Stalker mechanics
>>
>>388734773
>bioware
>>
>>388734803
tarkov comes close i guess?
>>
>>388734773
I already know they're going to fuck it up horrendously and it won't even be worth playing until months after launch (and even then it won't be worth it), but there's still a tiny bit in me hoping they get it right this time.
>>
File: 20160408011637694.png (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160408011637694.png
274KB, 1280x720px
Played for 2 hours but it's exactly what I expected.
Epitome of generic
>>
File: 1504064681412.jpg (91KB, 380x669px) Image search: [Google]
1504064681412.jpg
91KB, 380x669px
>>388724570
KEEP US POSTED
>>
>>388734920
Bioware hasn't produced a good game since the original ME. Give it up, anon.
>>
>>388731243
>halo didn't really have any kind of boss fights
>SHOOT GUILTY SPARK THREE TIMES & YOU WIN A PRIZE!
>>
>PvP was only thing that kept D1 alive between DLC's
>They made PvP worse and even baby can be good
>>
>Launch game
>Set it to 1920X1080 Windowed Borderless
>Has an offset down and to the right for some fucking reason
>Try to adjust bounds
>Only lets you adjust inward
>>
I had all of my fun in D1 grinding up crucible and vanguard marks for FWC and vanguard gear because I thought it looked neat. Is that still in or no?
>>
>>388735562
I would put that in the same category as the scarabs, more of a pseudo-puzzle-action-like-thing
>>
>>388735691
this happened to me too, you have to use fullscreen windowed mode instead

it makes me wonder what the difference between full screen windowed mode and windowed borderless are because I always see them used interchangeably
>>
>>388736686
Windowed mode has the minimize/exit icons on the top right. It's just an option, but yeah full screen window is better
>>
>>388733235

The game is only launching with a single raid.
>>
>>388732441
Me too. Fuck the haters.

It's a great game. Have fun, anon.
>>
>>388738194
>It's a great game.
I know a guy that bought Fallout 4
>>
File: 1471254285461.jpg (54KB, 368x381px) Image search: [Google]
1471254285461.jpg
54KB, 368x381px
The general over at /vg/ for this game is so fucking awful holy shit
It's nothing but a long, unending autistic slapfight
>>
>>388724570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBKymmjzDPo
>>
>>388739571
yeah i stopped by there really quick. literally just system shitting and autism
>>
Can you actually disable matchmaking for that strike mission?
>>
File: 5.jpg (192KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
192KB, 960x540px
Give me one(1) reason to drop dripfeed simulator for this game
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.