[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm binging through the RE series, beat 1-3 and CV, bounced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 2566511-re0.jpg (69KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
2566511-re0.jpg
69KB, 317x400px
I'm binging through the RE series, beat 1-3 and CV, bounced off the lightgun games. Outbreak games seem irrelevant to the series, and I don't really like 0 so far. I don't want to miss out on the plot / lore before I play RE4 onwards, can I skip Outbreak, 0 and the lightgun games?

Also original RE thread, I suppose.
>>
RE0 really isn't as bad as some faggots make it out to be. Mediocre at worst. Worth playing through if you enjoyed 1-CV.
>>
0 is shit and is almost completely irrelevant to the series lore. None of the plot points are important or impact the series mythology in a meaningful way. You can ignore 0, play the rest of the series and you'll be fine, there are no references to 0 in any game, it's a narrative wasteland. Spoiler below if you want 0's story summed up.

Marcus was working on the virus,
was betrayed by Wesker and William. They thought he was killed, but his own research (involving magical zombie leeches) revived him. As revenge against Umbrella for ordering the hit he unleashes the T-Virus. The game ends with Rebecca (and Billy, a character who only appears in 0 and has zero relevance to the series) defeating Marcus. So basically the whole point of 0 is to explain why the virus outbreak was happening in the first place,
it's because Marcus leaked it.
>>
>>388722537
Survivor and Dead Aim are actually not bad games, especially Dead Aim, its atmospheric as fuck and is actually not linear as later RE games, it has exploration. Its maybe 3 hours long or so, I recommend it.

Outbreaks are a pain in the ass due to shitty AI and are absolutely irrelevant for the story.
>>
cvx=2=1>remake=0>rev2>3>4>rev1=5>>>>>>>6
>>
File: 1499806797211.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499806797211.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>and I don't really like 0 so far. I don't want to miss out on the plot / lore before I play RE4 onwards
0 isn't particularly relevant to the storyline. The REmake doesn't even give reference to Rebecca's adventures before being found in the mansion. She acts as if this is all new and exciting so 0 may as well not have even happened.
>>
File: of what purpose comrade.jpg (110KB, 618x586px) Image search: [Google]
of what purpose comrade.jpg
110KB, 618x586px
>>388723650
>rev2 better than 3 and 4

what kind of faggot are you exactly
>>
0 isn't particularly bad and as long as you know about the dip in quality (the motherfucking bat) you should be fine.

I'd power through it and try to enjoy myself.
>>
>>388723168

Dead Aim is not particularly important lorewise IIRC, but I agree, it's atmospheric as fuck
>>
>>388722537

No.

Outbreak are unironically the best games in the series gameplay wise. I guess from a story perspective they are irrelevent but they are fun as fuck games. Honestly Outbreak and REmake are the best two RE games in existence.

Also protip. Don't bother playing RE for story or lore it's fucking garbage. Play it for the atmosphere. Also RE4 is not related to the rest of the games and is essentualyl a reboot. You don't need to play any of the other games before it, if that's all you want to play then just skip to RE4, then go back and play the others later. RE4 has literally 0 connection to the other games aside from some recurring characters.

I don't know why you bothered with CV though that's the worst game in the series. Trash melodramatic story and garbage gameplay. RE0 is worth playing and it's much better than CV is.

My advice is quit caring about the terrible lore of this series, Capcom themselves don't give a fuck and they retcon it with every new game. Just appreciate the atmosphere and gameplay, and play Outbreak 1 and 2.
>>
>>388723650

>CV better than literally anything

The game is hot garbage.
>>
>>388725765
>Outbreak
>best gameplay-wise

Ahahaha sure if you like Silent Hill-like clunk.
Resident Evil 3 remains the eternal apex of gameplay mechanics and simple quickness/smoothness of movement.

Your opinion is not only shit but objectively false.
>>
>>388722537
Zero is a great game, don't skip it.
>>
>>388725765
>>388725874
Code Veronica is GOAT you plebeian pieces of shit.
>>
>>388726148
It's good but the worst of the 6 classic style games.
>>
File: 1500079448651.gif (946KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500079448651.gif
946KB, 250x250px
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>388725980

What the fuck, how you can love RE3 but not like Outbreak? Not going to insult you here since RE3 is my favorite classic style RE game, it's fucking amazing. But so is Outbreak.

Honestly REmake, Outbreak and RE3 are the top 3 RE games and the only ones anyone really needs to play. I didn't find Outbreak clunky.

REmake = Outbreak 1/2 = RE3 >>> RE1 > RE0 > RE2 > Umbrella Chronicles > RE4 >>>>> RE5's DLC > RE5 > Dead Aim >>>POWER GAP>>> Code Veronica

>>388722537

I forgot to mention but the lightgun games like Umbrella Chronicles are pretty good fun.
>>
>>388722537
REmake>4>2>1>0>3>7>Rev2>CV>Rev>5>6
>>
>>388722537
Zero is tied for worst of the classic series with CV but I still wouldn't skip it. Definitely don't skip Remake either since it's arguably the best.
>>
>>388722537
0 provides some insight into various RE lore. Dr James Marcus was the last of the mysterious trio of Umbrella founders, and was head of the research department that ultimately created the T-Virus, and was mentor to William Birkin and Albert Wesker. He was also the one responsible for the initial outbreak, as revenge against Spencer for attempting to assassinate him.

We get more info of Birkin and Wesker's relationship. Wesker's write-up on their history with the company, going back to their teens, included their work with Lisa Trevor and Birkin's jealousy towards Alexia Ashford, a scientific genius even younger than he was, and his subsequent elation when word came that she'd 'died' in a lab accident, was pretty interesting.

That said, the game was pretty long, and the events are not mentioned in REMake, which was released before. It could have just as easily been shortened into a brief prologue mission add-on to REMake and worked just as well.
>>
File: 1497931032086.png (627KB, 900x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1497931032086.png
627KB, 900x1264px
>>388726295
>>
>>388726347
Your lack of reading comprehension prevents you from realizing I never said I dislike Outbreak. I like it for what it is, a conjoined fuckup of pseudo-skirmishes that tried to spice things up. But like any other multiplayer-oriented RE game it bites the dust no matter how hard you try to polish it. Gameplay had some fun stuff like the original ability for every character but pure gameplay wise it was clunky as shit.
>>
>>388726295
Shit my pants desu.
>>
I think I completed 0 about three or four times because I bought it full price and wanted to get my money's worth.

It's okay I suppose, but I agree that there is something unsatisfying about it. I've always found it hard to put my finger on exactly where the problem lies because it's so mechanically and artistically similiar to other classic RE games, it's ostensibly just more of the exact same thing. And yet it isn't. Somehow it lacks atmosphere and falls flat.

This rather unhelpfully gave the impression that the classic RE style had grown stale and reached the end of its natural lifespan. When in fact the problem was that it was just a lacklustre instalment in the series.
>>
>>388726148
Only a shit eater as yourself would have such shit tastes
>>
>completely shitting on CV just because it doesn't match with your precious headcanon fanfiction
>>
File: Steve Burnside.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Burnside.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>388726748
>Steve
>Alfred
>Steve
>magic fire spitting final boss
>Steve
>Whesker is now a ninja straight out of The Matrix
>Steve
It's inexcusable.
>>
>>388726748

It has boring clunky slow as molasses gameplay with ugly bland artstyle and muddy low res boxy graphics and a melodramatic out of place non horror story about muh fee fees and a bunch of Matrix references since the movie came out a few months before the game and was all the rage at the time.
>>
>>388726958
literally
who
cares.

Steve has maybe 5 minutes total of appearance in game.
I don't give a flying fuck about anything that you wrote, literally, because I am not emotionally involved with a fucking video game on an autismal level like you.

Game ticks all the right boxes:

>exploration
>puzzles and key collecting
>nonlinearity
>huge levels with decent pacing
>chris and claire
>actually not the easiest game in the series
>eerie atmosphere due to dreamcast visuals and charm
>decent OST with objectively best save theme in the series

It offers a super solid classic RE experience that is shooting monsters, running around collecting keys and figuring out the next route to take. It's fucking great.
Shitty side characters don't make for the shitting on the game.
>>
>>388726958
Alfred is the best villain the series has ever had.
>>
>>388726748
its a shit game deal with it faghot
>>
>>388727628
>mobile shitter
REDDIT
SPA
CING
>>
>>388727628
>>eerie atmosphere due to dreamcast visuals and charm

Not even gonna bother with the rest but holy fuck that shit taste lol.
>>
>>388726748
DESU I didn't find CV too bad. Gameplay-wise, exploration is great, though new enemies are pretty lame and weapon progression is bad too. The story (excluding Steve) is okay, and it's not hard to headcanon most of its inconsistencies. The biggest problems I have is the main characters, Claire acts like she never survived a zombie outbreak before and Chris is a generic older brother macho guy.
>>
>>388727628
>decent OST with objectively best save theme in the series
This is literally wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOniDBiBhGg
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.