[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished playing Undertale for the first time and i fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

Just finished playing Undertale for the first time and i fucking loved it.

The way the game ends, when it crashes so Flowey can fuck up with your save file is brilliant.

If anyone here didn't played it yet you should do it now!
>>
File: 1455267818806.jpg (77KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
1455267818806.jpg
77KB, 500x507px
>>388707765
Wait until you do the Pacifist run m8.
>>
>>388707975
I'll do it tomorrow
>>
>>388708071
Prepare for feels when you do the final fight.

You'll get spoilers ITT if you keep lurking, run while you can
>>
>>388708445
I got some feels already when the fucking Flowey killed the king after the fight when he apologized
>>
>>388708825
That's honestly nothing man, Pacifist will make you cry like a bitch if the neutral run affected you.
>>
>>388709269
I hope so
>>
Make sure you head back to the hotel after fighting Mettaton. You'll get a call from Undyne. This is necessary for getting the pacifist ending.
>>
File: 58f.png (141KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
58f.png
141KB, 500x471px
>>388707765
good to see that we can have an undertale thread without someone fucking it up, sometimes.
>>
File: Flowey.png (639KB, 600x829px) Image search: [Google]
Flowey.png
639KB, 600x829px
>>388711361
Be careful!

Sadly I was spoiled before playing so I immediately played pacifist end.
looking to go back and see the different endings.
Makes me sad though, because I know if I went into this game knowing nothing I would have played it like a normal rpg only to find out the truth at the end of what my actions had caused.

Shame really.
>>
>>388707765
Try lisa the painful after. It made me feel more feels than undertale and the walking dead
>>
>>388711535
all i heard before playing was that i could get "the best ending" by not hurting anything, so i did exactly that.
>>
>>388711876
same here, imagine if you didn't know anything though.
>>
File: 1495876731196.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1495876731196.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>388710560
M8 first try to get the genocide run and then for the pacifist.
>>
File: 1482933905204.jpg (382KB, 1920x1560px) Image search: [Google]
1482933905204.jpg
382KB, 1920x1560px
>>388707765
It would have been better if after dying five or six times, he actually deletes your save file and you have to back to the beginning.
Would have actually had real tension.
>>
>>388712142
Is it possible to die tho? When my life was lowish i was taking significantly less damage, like almost no damage at all
>>
>>388711952
I spared everything except the random mob encounters and the spaghetti skeleton, I regret killing him afterwards when sans called me
>>
>>388712283
It is in fact possible to die as hard as that may be.
I wish Asriel and Flowey were actual fights, they don't have to be Sans but having what amounts to an interactive cutscene as your final boss leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
>>
File: i love this trash.png (1MB, 1200x1569px) Image search: [Google]
i love this trash.png
1MB, 1200x1569px
It feels at times that I was the only one who on their first playthrough decided on a case-by-case basis whether each individual monster should die or not.

I spared mostly everything. Everything that either had a good reason for attacking (Papyrus, Undyne, Toriel, Asgore) or I felt was misunderstood and well-enough forgiven, but occasionally I deliberately killed some monsters who I felt justified in fighting due to either the inanity and whimsical nature of their attack on the player's existence (Mettaton) or the threat presented to both humanity and monsterkind that they posed (Flowey, who I also felt should be executed for his own sake so that he would be put to rest).

I feel like one of the few who didn't feel gutpunched by Sans's speech at the end because I felt justified in my actions. Self-defense with a tendency for forgiveness when an honest effort is made to make amends.

A greater responsibility is placed on the player when you realize that the monsters are just saying "hi" with their bullet hell introductions and when Sans posits that you might feel obligation when it is within your power to traverse the game's story without violence, but I did not feel bad due to the fact that there was no way for me to know about any of that on my first time through.

Either way, True Pacifist was a treat. I don't know if I entirely agree with the game's message, but it was the saccharine ending my heart wanted anyway. If the message is to, if possible, live peaceably among all men, I can agree with that and felt that it was a theme beautifully presented.
>>
>>388707765
You see, this is what I like to see on 4chan. Actual fucking discussion of video games
Played Undertale >1 month after it came out after hearing about it from some article online. Watched the trailer, it interested me, so I bought it. Due to myself not having any real expectations for the game I had a fantastic time with it, with no spoilers to ruin any twists and no overtly high expectations to live up to. It was honestly one of the best gaming experience I had in 2015. Omega Flowey was one of the most genuinely shocking experiences I have ever had in a game. I guess I felt what many felt when they first encountered Giygas.
Then I decided to try and get my friends into it in order to have some people to discuss it with. With one friend I told him that it was "one of the best games to come out recently" and all of this other hype stuff. With this friend I learned the true power of the overhype effect. He enjoyed the game, but not to the degree I did, and constantly throughout his playthrough he said that he wished that I didn't tell him it was the best thing since sex or whatever when I described it to him.
As time went on and the game got more and more popular, the overhype effect started to become more and more common. People were parading it as one of the greatest games of all time (I still fucking hate the fact that it one the GameFAQs tournament. Added more fuel to the growing hate-dom), and this caused those who heard the lofty praises to become eventually disappointed when they played the game themselves. Now, there were those who likely wouldn't enjoy it even with the hyping effect and those who enjoyed it very much in spite of the hype, but the damage was already done for many people. People got sick of hearing about the game, Tumblr got out of hand and the fandom went from alright to Homestuck 2.0 now with included LIGHTSABER D I C K (seriously what the fuck guys AND WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP DRAWING SANS WITH FANGS WHY).
>>
>>388707765

Make sure you do the genocide run too. Final boss will really test you and also has the best song in the game.
>>

And so public opinion of it fell out in many gaming communities. Oh and something something MatPat Sans is ness or whatever. Mentioning it on /v/ was basically a death sentence, with rampant shitposting and the growing hatedom causing no real discussion to ever occur (The rampant fandom on places like Tumblr also didn't help. I can still see the images of Sans using his blue glowing lightsaber dick to make sweet love to himself but edgy. Or rad. Or glitchy. Or Temmie [incidentally, TemmieTale is good AU, next to LegTale]). It makes sense that now, almost 2 years after it's release, actual discussion is now happening.
I still hold Undertale as one of my favorite indie games, due in part to the Music being phenominal (Toby Fox is a musical genius, and why Homestuck attracted such a large following, for better or worse. I bought the soundtrack on Vinyl because I have lost control of my life and enjoy having cool but ultimately useless gaming tat), and the characters and writing hitting just the sweet spot for me. However, I am aware of it's flaws, from it's graphics (a friend of mine who is really into pixel art has ranted to me for hours about how the art in Undertale is fucking dogshit), and Mettaton being there as well (those fucking legs man, you could get lost in them). I hope that now after all the insanity died down we can finally stop with the shitposting and have discussions about the game. Thank you for letting me get this out of my system.
>>
>>388713538
Sorry, forgot to connect this to
>>388713353
>>
the """""meta aspects""""" were the most tacky part of undertale, i have no idea why people were so infatuated with them to the point where it's all i fucking heard about.

undertale is a fucking amazing game for a few reasons: the music is fucking godlike, the graphics are consistent, and most importantly the writing is surprisingly good in all aspects of the game. it's funny, it's sad, it's gripping, it hits a lot of different notes well...

most impressively, though, EACH playthrough gives you information that no other playthrough gives you (be it chara, true lab, etc, snippets of dialogue, flowie crying, etc). the structure of the game is so advanced and far ahead of most traditional rpgs that it just fucking ruins other games for me...

why the fuck people obsess over the """meta""" aspects and the SUPER LIGHT lgbt aspects and claim that that's the game's strong point fucking blows my mind. who gives a fuck if there are 2 gay couples when you're literally destroying the world, killing everyone, or trying to stop a trans-dimensional villain being controlled by an even MORE powerful villain... it surprises me that gaming as a whole even likes undertale at all given how shit their taste is as evidenced by what they liked in undertale despite the other obvious strengths
>>
>>388713869
alright you've probably never played another game in your life or you're just baiting, but I'll bite
>the music is fucking godlike
you mean the same 3 tracks that last 50 seconds remixed to make them sound different? Yeah, great music
>the graphics are consistent
sure, that's why the main character looks out of place near every other character in the game
>the writing is surprisingly good
>dude spaghetti!
>a cute doggie ahahaa doggo!!!
>I'm gay look at how I'm gay also I watch anime
>Each playthrough gives you information that no other playthrough gives you
you
can learn everything about the game in your first playthrough, and even if you don't, most of the stuff you missed is probably dumb unfunny joke
>>
>>388715419
>dude no fun allowed lmao
>>
>>388715419
> Pickle rick posting
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.