[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo can crib style notes from Souls all they want, but the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Windblight-2.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Windblight-2.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
Nintendo can crib style notes from Souls all they want, but the bosses in this game still suck ass.

And I just got done playing Metal Gear Rising, so I feel particularly picky about bosses right now. BOTW was great, despite its shitty bosses.

Discuss.
>>
Waterblight > Windlight > Lava?Blight > Thunderblight
>>
>>388686584
I wanted to climb a giant beast Ganon the size of Hyrule castle, stabbing at him SotC style. Oh well. Still my favourite Zelda since MM.
>>
>>388686739
They all meld together in my mind. I can't remember anything special about any of them.

There is no Father Gascoigne or Devil Hand in BOTW, that leaves you thinking "that was awesome, I wanna fight that guy again", you know?
>>
Agreed that's another thing this game lacks that goes hand in hand with the lack of dungeons.
>>
>>388686952
I actually liked the dungeons. Guess I'm in the minority. More visual diversity inside of them would have been nice though.
>>
>>388686949
Yeah. It's kind weird that SS had better combat than BotW.
>>
>>388687874
literally not true. the combat in skyward sword has no fucking variety
>>
File: Koloktos.png (858KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koloktos.png
858KB, 1024x768px
>>388687874
I was kind of thinking this. SS is far from my favourite Zelda, but Koloktos might be my favourite boss in the entire series.
>>
>>388686584
I fucked around long enough that I had the Master Sword before tackling any of the beasts. It made every boss fight trivial.

It's cool that the Master Sword is finally all the shit that they make it up to be, but I wish I fought the bosses without it.
>>
>>388688046
The boss fights outside of the EYEBALL fight was pretty good. Ghirahim was great. >>388688168
was great. My favorite boss was actually the miniboss one where you're against that pirate.
>>
>>388686952
BOTW is the only Zelda game I've ever finished, because I absolutely hate the dungeons in every other one I've played.
The only reason I even played it is because people complained about a lack of dungeons.
>>
>>388686739
>Thinking NANI boss was the weakest
Poor taste anon. My biggest gripe with the bosses was how similar they all were. The designs were cool, the themes were cool, and yet they were practically the same for each one. Not to mention how none really required any special tactics and could all be beat with simple sword strikes.

The blights should have been a little more reminiscent of previous Zelda bosses. Master Kogha did and he was great.
>>
From getting on the birds back, to fighting wind ganon thing took about 20 minutes. Why are the 'puzzles' and fights so easy?
>>
>>388688475
I placed Thunder at the bottom because it didn't really use magnesis in creative way.
>>
>>388687874
How the fuck can people say that? Almost every enemy in SS is telegraphed so that you can use your sword at precisely the right time and that is such bullshit because the combat in SS is basically reduced to being a QTE in disguise.
>>
>>388688307
>The boss fights outside of the EYEBALL fight was pretty good.

You mean like all 2 of them?
>>
>>388688683
Fair enough. Personally I thought Wind was the weakest since even with the additions of the currents, you hardly left the ground.
>>
>>388688828
K well but imagine if the next Zelda had bosses like Koloktos or the Helmasaur King or a sword fight with Ganondorf, using the combat and physics engine that BOTW has established.
>>
>>388686584

Waterblight is the only boss I remember being exciting at all and that's because it was the first boss i fought and I wasn't fully accustomed to the controls yet. Still beat him in one try.

Every other boss was a joke after that. I think i beat the last boss in less than a minute, X5 Lenel bow with hundreds of bomb arrows.

Zelda bosses have never been particularly hard tho so it wasn't much of a disappointment. If anything it made "being the hero" feel that much more real.
>>
>>388686584
>Nintendo can crib style notes from Souls all they want, but the bosses in this game still suck ass.
Well, yeah. Copying Souls combat is obviously going to make a game worse.
>>
>>388686584
There's basically almost nothing in common between the combat in both series outside of z-targeting, you retarded souls cuck.
>>
File: 539144.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
539144.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>388686584

Every Souls game is literally Young Link vs Darknut in Ocarina of Time, ad nauseum.

Even Miyazaki says everyone has been stealing from Nintendo-sensei for some time, so get fucked you gaming-illiterate cuck.
>>
The fight with the corrupted dragon was probably the most fun
>>
BEING TRACKED BY A STARVING BEAST
>>
File: f.gif (2MB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
f.gif
2MB, 540x404px
>>388692689
>Miyazaki says
Then Nintendo-sensei should have stolen from Nintendo-sensei
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.