[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I feel like playing sonic 1 today and getting all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: shit.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>"I feel like playing sonic 1 today and getting all the emeralds"
>green hill
fun with the occasional glitch
>marble
slow but still kinda fun
>spring yard
>death traps left and right
>labyrinth
>death traps left and right with water physics and air meter
>star light
Pretty decent other than the bombs actually, too bad they're everywhere.
>scrap brain
>instakills left and right
>fucking act 3
>over 200k score
>gone
>able to enjoy speeding through stages?
>nope
>fun?
>Fuck no

Don't ever fucking say this franchise had a golden age, it started shit, it is shit, and for every good one, there are a dozen bad ones.
>>
>>388679820
git gud though haha
>>
Whats the best way to play 1-3 on the PC? Just genesis emulation?
>>
>>388679820
git gud
>>
Arin please go.
>>
File: 1461999512904.jpg (31KB, 277x297px) Image search: [Google]
1461999512904.jpg
31KB, 277x297px
>Play the original Super Mario Brothers
>mario's jump is extremely floaty and it sucks ass
How did this series even make it past the first title?
>>
>>388679820
Other than some of the crushers in Scrap Brain every deathtrap is telegraphed and easily avoided.
>>
>>388679967
Sonic 1, 2, CD = Taxman ports
Sonic 3 = Sonic 3 complete
>>
>>388680215
I wonder what KB is doing lately?
>>
>>388679907
>>388679998
>>388680071
Name a single thing I said that's bs or fuck off contrarians.
>>
>>388680575
You're the contrarian here though.
>>
the greatest sonic game of all time Sonic 3D Blast
>>
>>388679820
I think 1 and CD are an acquired taste, much more platformy and methodical than the others
3&K is still my favourite though, best of both worlds
>>
>>388679820
I completely agree

Sonic 2, Sonic 3K, Sonic CD and Sonic Mania are the true patrician Sonic experiences. Sonic 1 was just a necessary stepping stone, a push to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>388680729

it's actually spinball
>>
>>388680789
Sonic 1 is better than CD in every way. CD is Dimps-tier trash.
>>
>>388680834
why is spinball aesthetic as fuck?

https://youtu.be/HmqIsit1h0Q
>>
>>388680841
>Sonic 1 is better than CD
How does it feel being this wrong?
CD's only problem was finding the goal of each level as well as looking for those robot machines, everything else was totally fine.
>>
>>388680517
>Sonic 1, 2 Taxman Port
>iOS & Android only

U wot m8?
>>
>>388681060
android emulators exist anon
>>
>>388681054
>CD's only problem was the gameplay
Yeah I know. Looking for the machines was a boring slog, and if you choose to ignore them and play normally the levels are far too short and easy. The bosses suck too. It's a very unfulfilling game.
Sonic 1 on the other hand has tight platforming and good level designs that last much longer and don't rely on a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>388679820
let's fix that
>GHZ
great first stage (might be one of the best intro stages because it's not quite as zero effort as the later ones while still being a smooth entry into the game for someone starting out)
>MZ
acts 1 and 2 are a bit slow but tolerable
act 3 sucks and has an actual forced waiting bit
>SYZ
elevators suck, stage is pretty good otherwise, actually blends going fast and platforming
but the elevators really suck
>LZ
it's kind of fucking obnoxious
it'd be a bit obnoxious without the water due to the sheer amount of spikes everywhere, let alone with it
acts 1 and 2 aren't too bad again, act 3 really sucks
>SYZ
poor enemy designs for a Sonic game like the spike ball enemies and the bomb (both enforce fairly long wait times if you don't want to get hit)
otherwise, a fun, fast stage with a mild amount of platforming
>SBZ
it's actually pretty fun and suitable for a last stage, gets a bit annoying with sawblades and shit at times though
unfortunately SBZ3 exists, which is basically LZ4, and it fucking sucks ass (there's a ezpz shortcut, but that just sidesteps the issue)

like, the game's mostly decent with a handful of really fucking shit bits and a few really amazing bits
and it all handles great and the music is great and the graphics are great, little else on the machine looked and sounded as nice as S1

>>388681060
use one of the various android emulators (people mention Bluestacks, but I haven't tried it myself)
>>
>>388681330
This.
CD is easily the worst of the classic series
>>
>>388679820
If you want the game to play by itself go play Sonic 3.
>>
>>388680215
Is this now a pleb confessions thread?
>The only classics from before the N64 era I've enjoyed are Sonic 3 and Knuckles, A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, DOOM, and Final Fantasy 4 and 6.
>I've never liked any 2D Mario game from the old to the new, I think Metroid is Nintendo's worst franchise and a total bore.
>Rare is the classic equivalent of Naughty Dog, doing nothing interesting other than aping what's popular and disguising their faults with good presentation. Retro's DKC games blow their shit out of the water.
>Megaman fucking sucks and I'm glad his franchise is on ice
>Kirby is for babies and that hasn't changed. As far as games for babies, you could actually do a lot worse
>>
>>388681409
>poor enemy designs for a Sonic game like the spike ball enemies and the bomb
Jump or roll past them.
>>
>>388681330
>Looking for the machines was a boring slog, and if you choose to ignore them and play normally the levels are far too short and easy. The bosses suck too. It's a very unfulfilling game.
Understandable.
>Sonic 1 on the other hand has tight platforming and good level designs that last much longer and don't rely on a shitty gimmick.
>good level designs
>can fall between spikes and platforms in green hill and die
>can't see if you're going into a goal path or the right path in a special stage
>marble zone is practically on rails
>spring yard
>enemies you can't see until you're hit, >obstacles you can't see with slowing your pace to a crawl
>labyrinth
>water gimick
>air gimick
>star light
>bomb gimick
>scrap brain
>even slower pace than the other zones
>pitfalls again
>the entirity of act 3
Don't you dare make blatant lies about this game.
>>
>>388681667
bomb is fairly avoidable in most situations but still lame as shit
spike ball isn't really excusable due to placement
>>
>>388681170
>>388681409
Well shit and I just played through 1&2 and got all the chaos emeralds on genesis plus gx in retroarch. Oh well.
>>
This is the new "culture thread".

There must now be a thread up, at all times, to the effect of:

>hey i went back and played this old game AND ITS SHIT, YOU NOSTALGIA WHORES CAN SUCK MY DICK

They've done it to zelda, mario, and sonic. /v/ fucking sucks. Are those just the easiest because they are what most people remember fondly?
>>
>>388682331
>nothing in my post had any merit
Fuck off.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.