[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you that have one, did Nintendo's E3 this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 18

File: switch.jpg (34KB, 554x369px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
34KB, 554x369px
For those of you that have one, did Nintendo's E3 this year have anything to do with the decision to get it? Or did it have nothing to do with it at all?
>>
File: prooooof.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
prooooof.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I always knew i was gonna get it, but i decided to get mine a bit earlier after seeing the e3 shit. Im pretty excited for mario odyssey and the new metroid. The montage at the beginning of the e3 presentation got me hooked.
>>
I like it but it doesn't work with my monitor's HDMI port so I've been using it only handheld which kind of sucks
>>
I just wanted to play zelda and there was no point in buying a Wii U at this point
>>
I got it launch weekend.

It was mainly a case of "Look, ya know you're gonna get one eventually, why put it off?"
>>
>>388679830
>It was mainly a case of "Look, ya know you're gonna get one eventually, why put it off?"
Nah I was pissed at launch. Then again I owned a Wii U so my experience was difference. E3 made me realize I wanted one though.
>>
I got it because Nintendo systems always have 4 or 5 of the best games of each generation, and those games are usually far superior to the best games on other consoles. So they're worth the price of the console.

If we let Nintendo die, they'll become Sega. One good Sonic game in 5 years. One good Mario game every 5 years.

I'm not willing to let that happen.
>>
>>388678946
Nah, the only reason I got mine after E3 was because I couldn't find any in stock in the US, so after looking for a while I said fuck it and bought one from the EU
>>
>>388680076
>If we let Nintendo die, they'll become Sega.
Sega was only good after they became 3rd party
>>
>>388678946
I won mine in an online contest. Came with Mario Kart.

I'm glad I won it it's a lot of fun but I don't think I would have bought it at this point since all I play is Zelda.
>>
>>388680076
>One good Sonic game in 5 years. One good Mario game every 5 years.
It's not that different from now. You can expect one good Mario game each gen. 3DW wasn't even very good.
>>
>>388680446
LMFAO
ARE YOU JOKING ME
>>
File: 108306027_a_l.jpg (53KB, 648x365px) Image search: [Google]
108306027_a_l.jpg
53KB, 648x365px
>>388680562
You mean, as we let Nintendo die, the games are suffering...??
>>
Switch bros. Two questions:
Does a usb-c ->hdmi hub thingy work as a dock replacement? I don't like the prospect of fucking up my screen because the dock is poorly designed.

Do I "need" a pro controller or 3rd party controller? Or are the regular joycons good enough?
>>
>>388680446

Nah. Going third party meant them becoming "the Sonic game factory" while their library of IPs rot.
>>
>>388680682
>while their library of IPs rot.
So, just like Nintendo already.
>>
File: 1332261167345.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1332261167345.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>388680446
How old are you?
Sega was the fucking shit in the 90s and late 90s. They had amazing IPs and made the best fucking games ever. When they went third party they literally tanked and Sonic is the only thing that survived, and barely.

>>388680562
>No one buys Wii U
>Nintendo is floundering, bleeding money
>Death throes

>T-THEY DIDN'T RELEASE TONS OF GOOD GAMES. THE WII HAD TWO OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME, WITH GALAXY... WHY DIDN'T THE WII U?
>>
>>388680671
>Do I "need" a pro controller or 3rd party controller? Or are the regular joycons good enough?
I've not bought a pro controller, but I have no trouble playing with the joycons on the big screen.
>>
>>388680671
It won't fuck up your screen unless you're a clumsy mongoloid or child. Just don't drop it in and yank it out of the plastic cube like a moron and there's no reason it could ever scratch up your screen.

I think the joycons are good enough honestly. Use them with the grip and it feels fine. I've been playing Zelda like that and haven't had any problems at all.
>>
>>388678946
What is with americans buying this garbage?
Why are all of you stupid?
>>
>>388680757
>T-THEY DIDN'T RELEASE TONS OF GOOD GAMES. THE WII HAD TWO OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME, WITH GALAXY... WHY DIDN'T THE WII U?
It's about as stupid as the argument that they'll turn into shit if they went 3rd party. You could argue that their quality would actually improve because they wouldn't have to do like what they did with the Wii U. We'd probably be playing Odyssey this time last year if it was a multiplat.
>>
>>388680743

Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, and Kirby keep getting regular releases.

Thats three more than Sega ever does.
>>
>>388680743
>Just like Nintendo already
>The Wii U, a failed console, didn't have good games like the N64, GameCube, and Wii

>Proof Nintendo's dying

The quality of games is directly proportional to the amount of sales the system has. While GameCube had tons of good games for low sales, this was the end of Nintendo's "Golden Era," it came off the N64. So they had tons of good shit still in the pipeline.

The lackluster games we've been seeing area direct result of people letting Nintendo die like they let Sega die, even when Sega pushed out amazing games on Dreamcast before people ignored it for the PS2 DVD Player.
>>
>>388680832
What is it with Eurotrash being so fucking poor and useless that all they ever buy is a gaystation and Fifa?
>>
File: 1327995041161.png (68KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
1327995041161.png
68KB, 400x236px
>>388680784
>>388680806
Cool. I won't miss out or feel like shit when it arrives later this week then. That's great.
>>
>>388680954
Oh and just get a screen protector to begin with. That way you'll worry even less about scratches.
>>
>>388680854
>You could argue that their quality would actually improve because they wouldn't have to do like what they did with the Wii U. We'd probably be playing Odyssey this time last year if it was a multiplat.

You're... An absolute imbecile and lack total basic understanding of how business works.
Their company would downsize to fucking nothing and just be a team that works on generic, third party Mario titles, and slowly, like I said, turn into what Sega has turned into. And Sega is on it's way to turning into what Atari is.

Imagine an Atari level Nintendo in 20 years.
>>
>>388680954
Yeah dude it'll be fine. Although I did play around with a buddy's pro controller for a while and it definitely is an upgrade. I don't think it's worth the price just yet though.

It's like how I love my Xbox One Elite controller but only because I got it in a bundle with the system. I'd never pay that much for the upgrade but it's nice to have.
>>
>>388678946
I'm waiting for Metroid Dread, then I will make my purchase.
>>
>>388681336
Retro isn't doing Prime 4 my brother. You'll be waiting a long time.
>>
>>388681415
The producer is still consulting.
>>
I got it on launch, but the E3 was definitely a "well now I'm very glad I have it" kind of thing for me.
>>
>>388681072
SEGA's IPs were never the quality or as popular as Nintendo titles. I say this as a Nintendo fanboy but it's true. Sega was also facing bankruptcy. They didn't go 3rd party as a choice. They were forced to because they literally didn't have the money to continue their hardware business. I imagine Nintendo following the same path (which they are) and I'm really afraid for them. They have an OPPORTUNITY to do it differently. To decide, when they're well-off, that they're just going to be the world's biggest games publisher, and nix their outsourced hardware business (which doesn't even need to be downsized, since Nintendo hasn't actually *made* hardware for 2 generations)

I fully believe they'd be better off. I fully believe their fans will be better off, and I fully believe it will be beneficial to the entire industry to have some of the best games available on every platform, and one less redundant trinket people need to own such that they don't miss out on games.
>>
>>388680954
If you're worried about the dock scratching your screen, just get a dock cozzy or better yet a screen protector. You're probably going to want one anyways if you ever plan on taking it out of the dock and playing in portable mode.

A normal a usb-c ->hdmi cable won't work with the switch, the dock uses a certain mechanism to tell the switch to send a video signal out through the USB port, which is hard to replicate unless you have access to a 3D printer or something.

You don't need a pro controller but ever since I bought one I haven't gone back to the joycons except when in portable mode.
>>
I don't watch E3. Without fail, Nintendo's games and consoles, especially the "gimmick" consoles, are much more fun than the competition. I like the Wii motion controls, including Wii Motion Plus, because I'm seemingly the only person who doesn't have Parkinson and scoliosis and can accurately wiggle a plastic remote. I think HD ruble is a stupid name, but those motion controls are fun, too. I skipped the Wii U to get into PC gaming so I'm glad to see some of the best from the Wii U making it on Switch in some form. It should have been bundled with the console, but nonetheless 1-2 Switch is fun as fuck.
>>
>>388681415
Metroid Dread is a 2D game by Sakamoto, it's Metroid 5 the sequel to Metroid Fusion, not a Metroid Prime game.
>>
I bought it because as soon as they showed it was handheld, which meant Pokemon.
>>
>>388681585
>I imagine Nintendo following the same path (which they are)

Every other day someone says this. They have billions in the bank and the Switch AND 3DS are still selling like hotcakes. They're perfectly fine.
>>
>>388681621
>A normal a usb-c ->hdmi cable won't work with the switch
that's a fucking shame. there seemed to be only two small "hubs"/stands but they're not out yet, which is why i asked.
Guess i'll get a big microfiber cloth or something when i get it. no need to sweat it too much before i know how it is.
>>
>>388680562
>3DW wasn't even very good.
fuck off
>>
Didn't really pay attention. Was there cool stuff revealed other than Metroid?
>>
>>388681585
Beyond Oasis, Shining Force, Crazy Taxi, Sonic, Daytona USA, Bayonetta, House of the Dead, Toejam and Earl, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Virtua Tennis, Virtua Fighter, Super Monkey Ball, Space Harrier, Samba de Amigo, Sega Bass Fishing, Shinobi, Skies of Arcadia, Valkyria, Out Run, Yakuza, and MORE

YOU'RE SO FULL OF SHIT IT'S COMING OUT YOUR EARS.

SO MANY AMAZING GAMES IN THE 90S

FUCKING DEAD BECAUSE SEGA IS NOW SONIC THE HEDGEHOG AT SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS.

IT'S NOT EVEN "SEGA" ANYMORE.

AND DON'T EVEN START ON ATARI.
>>
>>388681816
>They have billions in the bank
They have a couple billion. It takes that much to launch a new hardware platform like the Switch.

They will not survive another Wii U. And there will be one. The Switch is already proving it can't maintain launch levels of demand and the prospect that it would be the next Wii is laughable
>>
>>388680076
>Nintendo systems always have 4 or 5 of the best games of each generation, and those games are usually far superior to the best games on other consoles

Lmao. I bet you're a huge fucking loser.
>>
>>388678946
i don't remember their e3. decided to get one sooner rather than later just to get in on splat2n and enjoy the splatfests.
>>
>>388682030
Nintendo has like 30-40 billion in the bank. No company survives "two Wii U's" in a row. They clearly do not have another Wii U on their hands. The Switch is selling near the Wii at this point in it's life. Like 5 million Switches were sold in 6 months, compared to about 6 million Wiis in 6 months.
>>
>>388682030
>The Switch is already proving it can't maintain launch levels of demand

What?
>>
>>388678946
I got it for Splatoon and Arms. I really like it, but I miss the two screens that the Wii U barely used.
>>
>>388682072
Name 5 must have games on PS4, then Xbox One.
>>
>>388682149
>Nintendo has like 30-40 billion in the bank
Stopped reading

>>388682171
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003
Want to play a game? Find me a store that *doesn't have stock* right now. Demand has fallen sharply since launch, and no, supply is not up. They're still doing their artificial shortages bullshit and it's not even working.
>>
File: ri.png (80KB, 232x271px) Image search: [Google]
ri.png
80KB, 232x271px
>>388678946
Pokemon confirming that the Switch is indeed their portable successor is what won me over.
>>
>>388682395
Can't lie, that had a lot to do with it too.
>>
>>388682305
I think its because they just keep selling out so fast.
>>
>>388682305
What are you talking about? Every store near me is out of stock.
>>
>>388678946
On all levels except physical I am Nintendofag.
*buys virutal consoles games again for the 2nd time*
>>
>>388682481
Demonstrably not the case
First indicator of decreased demand was the scalping market crashing over a month ago. Stores are trying to play into the "supply shortages" narrative but it's just not working. The fans want one. Normal people don't. You need the normies to have another Wii, because core gamers aren't interested in Nintendo either
>>
>>388682558
Zip code, please
I'll find a BB within 10 miles with stock, guaranteed
>>
>>388682305
Sales have remained very consistent for the Switch, it's sold around 6 million units and will probably have around 10 million sold at the end of the year depending on how well the Christmas period goes

the numbers simply aren't on your side so let go of your obvious hard on for Nintendo
>>
>>388682649
Everytime I see it in stores, its gone the next day.
>>
>>388682753
>it's sold around 6 million units
Last report was 4.7. Are we just pulling things out of our ass?
>>
>>388682649
nobody gives a fuck if the stores near you have them in stock

go look at the sales chart, it's selling the same as ever
>>
>>388682812
Even the Wii U sold 13.5 million. Long way to go yet
>>
>>388682838
that was two months ago, keep up
>>
It's my Binding of Issac machine and I started grinding in Splatoon 2
It will (hopefully) be entirely worth it one Rocket League comes out on it

Kingdom Rabids is pretty fun so far but I'm not wow'd yet
I've only beaten the first midboss though so I barely started
$60 seems a bit steep for that game
>>
>>388679524
Pretty much this. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>388682964
Ok, link me to the new numbers please
>>
>>388682725
>>
>>388682883
It's sold less every month. NPD isn't releasing the actual numbers because Nintendo is paying them not to
>>
>>388683098
What the fuck are you talking about? They release the numbers each fiscal quarter. Are you retarded? This fiscal quarter isn't over until September.
>>
>>388683098
>NPD isn't releasing the actual numbers because Nintendo is paying them not to
>It's sold less every month.
you're contradicting yourself
>>
File: Capture.png (146KB, 620x583px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
146KB, 620x583px
>>388683086
Lucky you! There's stock
Oh wait, you bought on in March like every other drone and now demand has dried up because there's only so many of you
>>
>>388683242
if you look at vgchartz it's true
of course you'll dismiss those numbers but they're the only ones we have

I'm kinda getting tired of fighting 5 rabbid fanboys at once
>>
Can't wait for the better version with more colors and a far better chance of being in stock. It's the 3ds all over again. I'm patient this time.
>>
>>388683318
all I can see on vgchartz is software sales and it says Breath of the Wild and MK8 are still selling a lot
>>
Nah, I'm a Nintendo whore.
>>
>>388683247
YOu actually made me check my best buy's availability and there's a ton of stores that have em right now. Which is surprising. NYC here so you guys can't say middle of no where Kansas.
>>
So, is the Switch still selling out or not?

I can't tell..
>>
>>388679687
Why not?

>>388678946
Yup. It made the deciding factor.
>>
>>388678946
Want Odyssey, BOTW, FE Warriors, XC2, Shovel Knight, and Setsuna. I hope they make a new model by the time I decide to get one, they are so easy to find, but I think the current model has slight flaws which I wish were fixed. Hope they port Bayo 2 though.
>>
File: Capture.png (59KB, 948x425px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59KB, 948x425px
>>388683520
http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php
You get little peaks when there's a new release, and Odyssey will undoubtedly get a big one, but the trend is down. Only the fanboys want this thing, it's not another Wii. Not by a long shot. You know how I really know? 51% of Wii owners were women. Because it sold to the type of people who never played video games before in their life. That's how Nintendo achieved that kind of success. When they don't, they're just marketing to their limited fan group, which dwindles every generation when they piss off more and more of their fans. 10% of Switch owners are female, which aligns perfectly with what the Wii U was.
>>
>>388683616
It wouldn't be any fun if I was lying about it

Listen, I have no doubt that all of these units will sell out, probably in a week's time tops. But the brisk demand of the Wii just isn't there. Wii was still completely sold out 6 months later, and still going for $200+ above retail. The scalping market for the Switch isn't even profitable right now. You can't make any money selling a $300 console for $370 after tax and fees

Switch isn't another Wii U, it'll do way better. But I can see it easily going on to perform similarly with N64 or GC. It's too expensive, it doesn't have the 3rd party support, and it doesn't have the gimmick appeal that made the Wii a hit among normies. Just because fans were willing to ignore these things doesn't mean everyone did. And there's only so many diehard fans out there, though Wii U suggests that they number at least 13.5 million
>>
>>388678946
>e3
I thought the console looked neat so I was like fuck it. I finished paying off my car so decided to buy something.
>>
>>388684391
There aren't any at Best Buys within a 35.6 mile radius from me.
>>
I don't have one yet, but E3 definitely made me want to get it this year.
>>
>>388684581
You must live in the middle of nowhere
>>
I didn't have a Wii U, BotW and Mario Kart 8 looked up my alley. So I got one. I want Odyssey and MP4 though. I won't be truly satisfied til an Animal Crossing and Pokémon game are announced, a localized Monster Hunter too.

Couldn't give less of a shit about Splatoon and ARMS though.
>>
>>388684641
I live in south eastern Connecticut.
>>
https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/29/microsofts-open-invitation-to-valve-nintendo-and-others-to-join-xbox-one-and-pc-crossplay/

Why is Sony so anti-consumer?
>>
>>388684391
Dude, I am going to be real with you, from my house there is a Walmart, Target and Gamestop within a 8-10 minute drive. They all have had at least 10 Switches in stock since week 1. The online stats must be faulty if three major retailers in a major city have that many switches since day 1.
>>
>>388678946
I bought mine before E3
>>
>>388684831
And I guess sharing your zip code is too much of a hassle
>>
>>388684884
Are you suggesting Nintendo's lying about how well it's doing? Because I really don't believe that. I think you just live somewhere where it happens to not be that popular
>>
>>388678946
No, I got mine at launch for BotW and most of the future Nintendo first party games, E3 just made me more confident in my purchase
>>
>>388684924
Its a small state, you could use any of the ZIP codes from this area and get more or less the same result. Go for 06357.
>>
File: IMG_20170829_120539.jpg (2MB, 5248x2238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_120539.jpg
2MB, 5248x2238px
Not really, I mostly got one for Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2
>>
>>388685024
I dont think they are lying I just cant believe people have been having trouble finding them.
>>
File: Capture.png (871KB, 1042x627px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
871KB, 1042x627px
>>388685186
You have an unbelievably strategic position for this game, but well played none the less, you have bested me
>>
>>388685131 Same here Anon. It's just sitting on my desk collecting dust for me until future titles get released!
>>
I had to have the switch, the E3 display was an excellent display of value to their customers, truly an inspirational marketing bounce back for Nintendo on all fronts (except 3DS - Fuck 3DS) nonetheless, I admire nintendos gusto, you can tell they have young blood working in marketing trying to connect with the generational players. Very cool. Any ways, peace and thanks for the thread.
>>
>>388685474
That's pretty hilarious, I had no idea until I looked it up. Switch games are in limited supply around here too.
>>
>>388678946
I bought it because of the concept, being able to play a home console game anywhere is great.
>>
>>388678946
I got mine at launch, figuring that Nintendo's multiplayer mainstays (Mario Kart, Smash, etc.) would be released on it, and once they revealed that they were going to put the Wii U out to pasture. I didn't -- and still don't -- give much of a shit about Zelda.

Also unlike most other people, I knew Nintendo was going to be largely full of hot air concerning their promises of more robust third-party support, and I wasn't disappointed when that didn't immediately pan out. I'm happy with my purchase, but still wouldn't get rid of my PS4.
>>
>>388685798
You sound like you wear a fedora regularly.
>>
>>388685963
>Smash
I'm very surprised that Smash isn't like a November port.
>>
So do you guys play it more on TV or in handheld mode?

I like seeing the HD detail nice and up close, so usually handheld.
>>
>>388686085
And you sound like he baited you into a response.
>>
>>388686226
>him
did you just assume my gender?
>>
>>388686338
2017 assuming
>>
>>388686153
It depends really. I use both kinda evenly.
>>
Shoving some hot Mario Odyssey boipussy into my ass made me think "when a store finally has this product that doesn't exist, I will buy it".
>>
>>388686680
Can someone translate this into English
>>
>>388687543
He liked the Odyssey reveal.
>>
>>388682753
>tfw you missed out on Nintendo stocks in the beginning of the year and missed the $20 to $40 ride
>>
>>388678946
Yep, big tittied sword waifu chronicles and a full pokemon game finally sold me on the system.
I don't get consoles unless there are three games I want to play on it and that pushed the number up to four counting Splatoon 2 and botw.
>>
>>388687848

>big tittied sword waifu chronicles

Fire Emblem Warriors?
>>
>>388686680
Are you only capable of speaking in memes?
>>
File: 2017-06-1319_14_08-xeaesti.png (628KB, 916x717px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-1319_14_08-xeaesti.png
628KB, 916x717px
>>388688128
xenoblade chronicles 2
>>
loved the concept and bought it when Zelda was getting good reviews. Hadn't bought a Nintendo console since n64 days and felt this was the right time to get one
>>
i wil get one when tax returns come and will likwly get mario zelda and bimding of isaac with it
>>
>>388688597

Ah, good choice. That was definitely a highlight of E3.
>>
>>388688638
and how do to2u feel now mister jesse cox?
>>
>>388678946
>ARMs
>Breath of The Wild
>Mario + Rabbids
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
>Mario Odyssey
>Splatoon 2

If I had money I'd already have a Switch by now. Speaking of the Switch is there any more information on that No More Heroes thing that was hinted a long while ago?

I'm dying to know what exactly it is. I want to believe it's NMH3 but I need more info.
>>
It's not worth the money, I just bought one a few weeks ago, bought zelda splatoon and mario kart.

I've probably played a total of 20-30 hours and i'm bored with it already and bought a PSVR.
>>
>>388689124
funny eveeytime i buy a playstation console i have a similar experience i. going to try tokyi jungle for my ps3 but if i dont enjoy that im going to get rid of the thing or i might also give nier a try since i hear its similar to zelda
>>
>>388689124
So you just buy shit based off fads rather than actual content?
>>
>>388679830
>Look, ya know you're gonna get one eventually, why put it off
Price drops, model revisions, lack of games near launch.
>>
>>388689114
Oh and Kirby too. Not sure how I manage to forget that since I LOVE Kirby.
>>
I wanted one since xenoblade 2 was announced, kirby, pokemon, and pokken tournament dx only hasted and increased my desire for one
>>
>>388689418
I'm an idort and curious about shit, so I buy almost everything.
>>
>>388678946
I was too hyped for Splatoon 2 and a little bit for ARMS too, so I had to get one.
>>
>>388689524

Impatience is a bitch.

And I knew Puyo Puyo Tetris was coming a few weeks later, so that and Zelda was enough for me.
>>
>>388679687
uh...why didn't you just return it and get a new one? or is your monitor just fucked?
>>
>>388685203
>Yellow joyconbro

Nice taste, my dear anon
>>
>>388684097
Eat shit faggot if you use vgchartz
The switch is selling like crazy and the sudden drop is because of the screen provider you big cock eater
>>
>>388690426
sales have dropped but that's because July/August is the slowest time of the year for sales, it will pick up soon, expect a big jump for Mario Odessey which will continue over the Christmas period
>>
It makes me consider getting one. But until I see Metroid Prime 4 on the fucking shelf, it's not happening.
>>
>>388691218
>wanting to buy all of it at the same time
>>
>>388678946
I guess it was mostly the Zelda trailer
>>
>>388691019
Switch sales have actually been increasing in July and August, going by the numbers we've seen so far.
>>
>>388690426
>The switch is selling like crazy
It's not
>>
>>388691385
source?
>>
>>388678946

I got it the second it was available (launch) so no E3 just got me more excited.
>>
>>388691385
We don't have numbers for July/August, aside from Japan which has received the smallest amount of Switches globally, so it's no wonder they sell out instantly, and if there's a week with double supply, it'll still sell out instantly

The situation in Japan is pure artificial shortage
>>
>>388691482
why would they create an "artificial shortage" in Japan but nowhere else? Your conspiracy theory lacks logic
>>
>>388691415
Japanese weekly sales from Media Create:
http://gematsu.com/tag/media-create-sales

Monthly totals:
March: 565,013 (5 weeks)
April: 212,239 (4 weeks)
May: 125,883 (4 weeks)
June: 136,690 (5 weeks)
July: 246,475 (4 weeks)
August: 172,008 (3/4 weeks so far)

US monthly sales are recorded by NPD, but they don't normally release them publicly. There have been leaks going around, though. These are the leaked numbers:

March: 910,545 (5 weeks)
April: 280,897 (4 weeks)
May: 165,038 (4 weeks)
June: 215,582 (5 weeks)
July: 222,000 (4 weeks)
>>
i stikm dont get why some seem to be rooting for the switch to fail do you have some sort of vein hope that nintendo will go third party? dont kid yourself its not going to happen if the switch fails they will just exit the industry and take their ip with them
>>
>>388691259
>buying it right away and being disappointed by every game you're excited for
Already did that with the Wii U. Not doing that again.
>>
>>388692108
some are idealistic and want Mario on PC

others are just malicious and want what happened to SEGA to happen to Nintendo
>>
>>388692316
mario will never officially be in anything other than nintendo consoles period and super mario run doesnt count
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>388692485
No
>>
>>388692085
how accurate would you say those leaks are?
>>
>>388692603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EKAuwk2ugU&list=PLHmR7c8zbVZQAoT3GIcionEesK4oQtr19
>>
Best place to ask this. When you get a new Switch game physically, is it contained on the card, or does it download the game to the system like the PS4?
>>
>>388692085
any numbers for Europe?
>>
>>388692998
Cartridge
>>
>>388689524
>model revision
Other than increased internal memory, not much they can revise. Other than cheaper components (which they already did, launch switch had a gold plated headphone jack, current model does not).
>>
>>388692792
They're pretty consistent with what we know of the official data. The increase in July is also backed up by the official report that Switch was the top selling console for that month. I'd give them more credence than vgchartz.
>>
>>388693093
Oh thank god. So I don't need an extra SD card right away.
>>
>>388692998
Game remains on the card, updates and saves are stored on the system
>>
>>388678946
Certainly made me feel better about buying early
>>
>>388693070
No, there aren't any consistent reports on console sales in Europe. Just some scattered data and Nintendo's quarterly numbers. It's been looking pretty good from European Amazon best sellers and GAME's reports, though.
>>
>>388692998
>or does it download the game to the system like the PS4?

?????

ps4 games dont do that wtf?
>>
>>388693531
I guess it's around 200,000 each month like USA and Japan then
>>
>>388693573
hey bud....better check that hard drive space
>>
>>388693573
>insert disc into system
>game downloads onto system
Even though I have the physical discs, my PS4's hard drive has only maybe 20GB left.
>>
>>388693097
what do you mean? I could imagine a beefed up switch with a 1080p display that can get docked performance
>>
>>388692603
funny enough this is the number one reason for that
>>
File: 1504064485468.jpg (110KB, 948x580px) Image search: [Google]
1504064485468.jpg
110KB, 948x580px
>>388679830
>>
>>388693696
thats installing...
>>
>>388694479
And my hard drive is being taken up with the games.
>>
>>388693968
That seems more like a software thing more than hardware.
>>
When the fuck is there going to be more info about the paid online?
>>
>>388678946
More good games = I will buy
>>
>>388697256
Like what?
We already know it's $25 a year, it will be required for online play and to use key features of the app and you'll get "free" nes and snes games along with it.
What other details do you need?
>>
>>388698073
Oh. Well fuck, I didn't know all that. I just read it was going to be paid.
Thank you, anon.
>>
It wasn't the deciding factor, but it helped.
>>
>>388698670
What was the deciding factor?
>>
>>388693097
>Other than increased internal memory, not much they can revise.

>IPS or OLED screen
>Gorilla Glass over cheapo LED-LCD if they wanna be cheap but still impress
>Bigger battery due to more internal space after die shrink
>Quick Charge support
>Better Bluetooth chip, support all wireless headphones
>Improved range over Wi-Fi
>Potential "Pro" model with Tegra X2/X3
>>
>>388678946
I didn't watch this e3.
Actually I haven't watched them for a number of years.
It has games I want and is getting more I want later, and while I probably wont use outside of the dock much the portability is nice to have.

So far I like my switch quite a lot.
>>
>>388682395
I forgot about that when I bought it, but yes it will be nice to already have my switch when they come out.

It will also be another guaranteed ten million switch sales when they come out.
They've really got no reason not to put all their eggs in the switch basket.
>>
File: IMG_2680.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2680.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
They announced Pokken DX at E3, and I bought one solely for it, so yes
>>
>>388699635
Are those mostly multiplayer hours?
>>
>>388699680
Absolutely, only 6-8 of them are single player. Pokken's got basically zero SP content, just a longass grind to unlock everything.

Like most competitive fighting games, you really only should bother with it if you intend to git gud at it for playing against other people.
>>
I doubt it because

>It was $240 new due to a friends discount
>Pokemon, SMTV, Xenoblade 2, No More Heroes Switch, and inevitable Bravely Third.
>Pokken, Arms, Splatoon 2, and Disgaea are a fair amount of decent games so early in its life
>I like the Switch, I want it to succeed so we don't get a new dedicated handheld that plays at 480p and ruins everything
>>
>>388698867
>IPS or OLED screen
Will probably never happen because Nintendo seems deadset on sticking with their current Japan based partner and they don't produce those types of screen
>Gorilla Glass over cheapo LED-LCD if they wanna be cheap but still impress
Again, doubtful given they are already starting to cheap out on the switch's already cheap production cost (headphone jack is no longer gold plated and the heat fins are already a slightly simpler design)
>Bigger battery due to more internal space after die shrink
Even with a die shrink the battery is already taking up about half the space in the tablet
>Quick Charge support
Not going to happen, power deliver is almost as fast and you still have access to data transfer while charging
>Better Bluetooth chip, support all wireless headphones
Again, doubtful. Nintendo seems deadset on forcing that retarded phone app wire spaghetti bullshit.
>Improved range over Wi-Fi
I'd be ok with that
>Potential "Pro" model with Tegra X2/X3 I doubt they'd do that for the first couple years.
>>
>>388682030
>doesn't read financial statements

nigger their margins are insane and they're pretty confident considering their payout ratio
>>
>>388699760
Okay. I was thinking about getting DX since I skipped the first one on Wii U. I'll have to try it first before getting it.
>>
>>388699886
Sharp shits out a billion IPS screen, the N3DS has a mixed batch of IPS and TN

Gorilla glass and IPS is cheap as fuck, sub $100 phones use both even.

>Again, doubtful. Nintendo seems deadset on forcing that retarded phone app wire spaghetti bullshit.
https://dotesports.com/general/splatoon-voice-chat-feature-16978
>>
I will probably get one next month, but E3 didn't really show anything to make me want it any more.
>>
Seeing that SMT and FE mainline games were coming to switch convinced me. E3 absolutely convinced me.
>>
>>388700261
I fucking forgot about FE15. God damn I am excited.
>>
>>388678946
I loved Mario Odyssey since the first trailer but what solidified my decision to get one was Pokken 2 announcement. Pokemon Switch later only sweetened the deal.
>>
I was always going to get one for Splatoon, but E3 let me justify it because I want FE Warriors and SMT, also.
>>
The thing about Nintendo games is like 3D mario or zelda. These games are pretty timeless. I don't have to pick it up day 1 and think I missed out on anything. Communities won't be dead after a month. can wait for sale and cheaper switch revision

Looking forward to Pokemon and smash bros. But I have no urge to get switch right now
>>
>>388700143
Sharp doesn't make the switch screens, Japan Display Inc does.

That's LAN, and the mic was a wired one, not wireless.
The switch's Bluetooth is dedicated to signals from controllers only, like the ps4.
>>
>>388700384
same here man. hope we get some info soon

also wanna hear about the new SMT and supposedly ubisoft has a new IP in the works that they're gonna announce. I'm cautiously optimistic considering how good mario + rabbids is
>>
>>388682395
yeah that's was the main reason why i got mine too.
>>
>>388678946
I had an interest in in before e3, but that Mario Odyssey trailer definitely cemented it
>>
The Switch has already sold over 5 million, including holiday/odyssey sales there's no way this thing doesn't outsell the Wii U's lifetime sales year 1. I know you're desperate for it to fail but it's not going to.

In fact, it's worth pointing out that the only reason the Wii U could fail as hard as it did, is because Nintendo put their priority into the 3DS after its poor initial start. If the Wii U was their only system, it would have received many more games like Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Fire Emblem. The Switch is Nintendo's only system, so it will by default receive those games. There is no reason whatsoever to assume this will be anything like the Wii U.
>>
I don't understand why someone would want Nintendo to fail. Even if you never buy their consoles, surely you want to emulate their games down the line? If Nintendo failed, it would still hurt you because you would lose the ability to emulate those games 5-10 years from now. Nintendo failing would literally benefit no one.
>>
>>388701647
they're just trying to fit in
>>
>>388701647
Some reason some fags are preying Yosemite blows it's top. Their lives are so sad that that have to see others suffer to make them reel better. Also the gravitation pulls of their colossal vaginas are so great that they can't physical bring a gun close enough to their own heads to kill themselves.
>>
File: IMG_3898.jpg (730KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3898.jpg
730KB, 1200x1600px
I got mine in April. A bit after the madness to have some time to see how the system handled and such. Gotta say I'm pretty happy. I just want a decent VC so I can have more stuff to play at work.
>>
>>388700176
Not even the Mario trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQHQc_3ycE
>>
I wanted a Switch when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was teased earlier in the year. Metroid Prime 4 and Odyssey shown at E3 only quickened the process. Zelda is pretty fun too.
>>
>>388678946
How long until a model 2?
>>
File: 1503765734809.jpg (187KB, 1239x931px) Image search: [Google]
1503765734809.jpg
187KB, 1239x931px
>>388678946

Twas free, currently playing splatoon 2 - while waiting for other stuff to be released.
>>
File: 1499648964159.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1499648964159.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>388678946
I don't have one yet, but E3 did sell me on it. Before that I had no real interest in getting it soon, maybe after Xenoblade, the new Fire Emblem, and SMT were out, but I was impressed enough with what they showed that I decided to get one when I could. Hopefully I can grab one next week when the Splatoon bundle drops.
>>
Nothing to do with it.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.