[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /v/, do you let review scores determine whether you purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 8966376018_678ddc49b7_o.jpg (327KB, 1680x729px) Image search: [Google]
8966376018_678ddc49b7_o.jpg
327KB, 1680x729px
Tell me /v/, do you let review scores determine whether you purchase a game or not?
>>
If its a game I know I'll like I don't care about reviews (We're talking weeb shit here)
If its a game I was iffy on, I'll get it on a heavy sale one day.

In regards to stuff more "narrative driven" stuff I couldn't care less how well it was received.
I get some people want more narrative focused games but I'm not one of them.
muh sjw stuff aside I don't really like the newer naughty dog stuff.
Jax and Daxter was cool but Uncharted gets treated more as a tech demo than a game from critics.
>>
>>388677930
Pretty much never, as a kid I would go off how cool it looked on the box/magazines etc

Now I just watch a bit of someone else playing it on Youtube and then if I like what I see I buy it, then if its shit you can always refund now anyway
>>
>>388677930
No, because if I did I'd listen to IGN's 3/10 for God Hand.
>>
Yes, I'll buy said game if someone convince me to
>>
>>388677930
Well BOTW got 98 (YES IT DID OKAY JIM STERLING DOESN'T COUNT) so it's the best game ever.... *smirks and waits for your non-intellectual refute*
>>
I don't purchase games.
>>
>>388677930
No because I did not and will never purchase the last of us or play it.
>>
File: the-last-of-us-2-1-630x353.png (243KB, 630x353px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us-2-1-630x353.png
243KB, 630x353px
Not really. If I think I will like it then I will like it, this was the case for all my games except for 2015 Battlefront. What a piece of shit game.

Now, when you fuck up a character THIS bad, it makes me want to not buy your game. They took a cute loli/daughterfu and shat on her design.
I might still buy it if they don't make her a lesbian, but knowing Naughty Dog she's gonna be scissoring some black girl that resembles her childhood friend for half the game.
>>
File: DHbhIwgVoAAJWRI.jpg (514KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DHbhIwgVoAAJWRI.jpg
514KB, 1536x2048px
Not really if its series or genre I dont like. I havent played Zelda games, Mario 64 and basically whole nintendo library and doesnt intend to, even if they have some of highest scoring games of all time
>>
>>388679770
Piratefags not welcome in this board.
>>
>>388680025
This desu
>>
>>388680175
>Missing out on games just because "m-muh fuck this company"
I see you're a man of autism as well...
This only counts for EA and Dice
>>
>>388680025
she looks like some manhating lesbian straight out of Lilith fair.
>>
>>388680542
I didnt say company, just genre or series. Nintendo does a ton of platformers and I dont care for platformers. I tried hollow knight and it was meh. I liked mario kart though.
>>
>>388677930
A stream of negative reviews will not necessarily dissuade me from something I'm interested in, but I'll do more research before jumping in right away at full price. A stady stream of exultant press, on the other hand, winds up making me suspicious of a game and more critical of flaws the reviews glossed over in their praise.
>>
>>388679849
Then arent you still basing your opinion on the reviews, just in an opposite fashion? I think the best way to determine the quality of a game is to play it. TLoU is actually pretty good, I think.
>>
>>388677930
Good review scores can get me to look into a game I might otherwise not have, and extremely low scores might deter me from buying something close to launch.
>>
I don't pay attention to them at all. I honestly have no idea how 90% of the games I play have scored in reviews.
>>
If a game looks interesting to me, I will get it.

Gameplay vids are what I need, not reviews.

TLOU was a good game by the way.
>>
>>388677930
No. At the very least not since the internet and Youtube became a thing. If I'm interested in a game, I'll go look for some videos and see if it turns me on or off. Of course I will take the words of close friends to heart. Art is subjective. One man's ten is another man's one.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.