[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

all they had to do was make a good game. thats it. thats all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: sfv.png (52KB, 292x222px) Image search: [Google]
sfv.png
52KB, 292x222px
all they had to do was make a good game. thats it. thats all capcom had to do to solidify their place at the top. but no, they went after esports.
>>
>>388673009
>all they had to do was make a good game.
They did.
>>
>>388673009
It's not a bad game. The main issue that keeps me from enjoying it is the god awful netcode. Like fuck USFIV wasn't always 100% perfect connections but it sure was better than SFV is now.
>>
>>388673063
Pros play exactly the same and moderately competent players.
When this is the case in any competitive medium its a big fucking problem.
>>
Street Fighter 5 is a good game. The amount of hate it gets is because of it's business model (tons of DLC) which is reasonable, but I hate constant fucking threads of people bitching about the game when they actually know nothing about fighting games and are not at a high enough level to compare fighting games.

It's an average game and I love it. I have like 600 hours.
>>
>>388673774
I don't get this argument. Moderately competent players play footsies and use the most optimal combos, so do pro players. This doesn't mean an average player has any chance of stealing a win from a pro. Like what the fuck? Plus, who cares what pro players do unless you aspire to be a pro player. Even OP says the game turned out shitty because they wanted "E-Sports", so, you either care about E-Sports and pro players or you fucking don't. Which is it?
>>
>>388673009
And it's working
>>
>>388673009
What do normies consider to be a good fighting game anyway. Story mode? That shit is always retarded, and the AI can get cheesed super easy. RPG elements? Customization? Minigames? Even something like Injustice 2 you get bored with after 5-10 hours. I don't see the point in buying a fighting game unless you are going to be competitive and put 50+ hours online. Main problem with SFV is the 50/50 setups and netcode, not lack of content
>>
>>388673910
lmao

Game has no depth and it's had a million issues, it LITERALLY INSTALLED MALWARE ON YOUR PC
ACTIVELY USING SFV WAS DANGEROUS, the game is THAT shit
Maybe play third strike or ultra sf4 or maybe get out of your comfort zone and play non capcom games and you'll see how absolutely abhorrent is sfv gameplay.
>>
>>388675102
I played hundreds of hours of third strike before SFV came out and actually had about 150 in Guilty Gear Xrd Sign playing online against people from /v/. I have extensive fighting game knowledge and I enjoy Street Fighter 5. Want to fucking fight, faggot?
>>
File: lolguiltygear.png (41KB, 1897x270px) Image search: [Google]
lolguiltygear.png
41KB, 1897x270px
>>388675102
t. salty GG fag
>>
When's my boy Sodom getting in
>>
>>388675279
>goober boogeyman
>>
File: neddikens.jpg (194KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
neddikens.jpg
194KB, 750x750px
>>388675367
>>
>>388675367
wrong thread bucko
>>
>>388675279
>mention other non capcom games
>inmediately jumps into a THIS GUY MUST BE A FUCKING GUILTY GEAR FAG
what the fuck is wrong with you

I'm stating what's happened to the game as someone that hyped it and even got people to play it.
It's a mistake I'm not repeating with fucking marvel.
>>
>>388674213
The argument is the game has the depth of a puddle.
If you took a pro level match, removed their names and played the footage alongside 2 average gold ranked players using the same characters you would not be able to tell which match is the pros or the gold players.
If you don't see the problem you have no business discussing fighting games.
>>
>>388675853
Honestly, why don't we try to do this? If you fags want to prove your point so bad, it wouldn't be hard to do this. Just take two matches, one of pros and one of average gold players, remove the names and change the audio and boom.

In fact, I could do it if there was some way to get a pro match without the commentary.
>>
>>388676086
Soundless webm?
>>
File: uh.jpg (68KB, 648x638px) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
68KB, 648x638px
>>388675853
No, you can tell the difference. If not, you have no business discussing fighting games. SFV has a low execution ceiling, but that doesn't mean Gold players play the same as pros or can even begin to compete with them. We see the same 20 people in top 8's for a reason.
>>
>>388676213
Good point. We just have to block out the names on both sides, post them side by side, then post it on /r/Kappa and get a million upvotes.
>>
File: overwatch.png (99KB, 532x398px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
99KB, 532x398px
>>388676424
triggered
>>
>>388673009
Agreed. Played it again after months of not touching this and inputs still feel like controlling a character underwater. On the flip side, Arc System Works has an uncontested road to become the top fighting game dev in current year.
>>
>>388676672
I wasn't kidding. I was just saying it's something we could do.
>>
>>388673009
>all they had to do was make a good game

You make this sound like an easy feat.
>>
>>388673009
It's a pretty good game. I like Street Figher in general so I find it enjoyable.

I'm hoping by the end of its lifetime it becomes as dynamic as USFIV became. I was watching some USFIV footage the other day and it was remarable how much more back and forth there was between players FADCing through things on a pproach or getting out of sticky situations with their character's toolset and that giant roster had some ridiculous counterpicks. Maybe SFV will get there. I think the potential is in the game to be cool

I wish my PC could play it in better than claymation mode
>>
>>388673009
It's not like it's a bad game either. It's just painfully average. I still boot up every now and then for some games but I don't run sets in it like I did with 3S and USF4.
>>
>>388673009
>upset kekken fan starts a shitposting thread trying to quell all the Menat threads

Can you be any more obvious
>>
>>388677783
what's it like to have shit taste?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.