[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new game gets announced for long running series >at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>new game gets announced for long running series
>at least a year until release
>"I can't wait for this game to come out. Never played any other games in this series but I always wanted to get into <series>"

So then with over a year to go, why not just play the games in that series that have been out?
>>
why are you so fucking asshurt over yakuza 0/kiwami.
>>
File: 1111141.jpg (250KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1111141.jpg
250KB, 1280x1280px
>>388657183
people don't always own previous-gen-and-earlier consoles, nerd.
>>
>>388657183
>monster hunter world logic
>>
>>388657183
I completed a good amount of Smt and all of Persona because 5 took so fucking long
>>
>>388657413
You have over a year until the game comes out. What kind of shitty excuse is that when you also say "I always wanted to get into this series"?
>>
You should only be mad if it's a long running series with a continuous story.
>>
>>388657183
>FFXV fags circa 2013
>>
File: why didnt you.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
why didnt you.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>388657574
anon you really need to understand that people don't have the willingness to just go out and get outdated hardware just to play an already-existing game series like yakuza, or doesn't have an actual series continuity like monster hunter
>>
>>388657183
I really don't understand the people saying this for KH3.
Like they're going to get the game and be like who the hell is Ansem?
>>
>>388657183
fucking nier and drakengard
>friend buys nier automata
>"hey you're a fan of the drakengard series too !!!"
>"of what ???"
>>
>>388657894
What do they mean by they always wanted to get into the series then?
>>
>people who say this and jump into a series with an overarching story
>>
File: 1370569656854.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1370569656854.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
I remember I knew a guy who was super hyped for Diablo 3 (yeah wtf?) and I told him Blizzard is gonna take forever to release it even after its announced and if he is interested we should play some D1 or D2. And he hardpassed. When D3 did finally come out he put in over 1500 hours and all that shit. Some people...
>>
>>388657413
>what arr emulators
>>
>people who were hyped for BoTW who never played any other LoZ game in their life and say they love zelda
These people unironically exist
>>
>>388658898
You forget we live in le Youtube era. Kids have grown up watching Let's Plays of series they have never touched first hand.
>>
>>388657478

I hate seeing this so much despite the fact that you can easily emulate MHFU. If you want to get into the series that much why wait? This seriously doesn't make sense.
>>
>>388657248
What?
>>
>>388658898
>implying this is even a problem
90% of Zelda games are bad anyway.
>>
>>388658128
It's piqued their interest but it was never convenient enough to get into the series.

For example, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was my first MonHun. I always was curious about it since I saw videos of its gameplay, but I have never owned a PSP or cared enough to buy one just for one or two games that I may or may not like. Then MH3U came out for the 3DS, a console I already owned, and getting into the series was as easy as an offhand purchase at the local game store.

Similar story with the Yakuza series; I couldn't be bothered to buy a PS3 just for wacky Japanese gangster antics that I might not be a fan of. 0 coming out was my taste.
>>
>>388659106
a damn shame
>>
>>388660338
With a ton of time until the new game actually does come out though why not seek ways to play the other games in the series?
>>
Fucking Momster Hunter every fucking time.
>>
>>388658898

I feel like this happens every time a new Zelda comes out. I remember this happening with Wind Waker especially. Twilight Princess less so, but it happened with Skyward Sword for sure.
>>
>>388658414
>hyped for Diablo 3
Get better friends
>>
File: 1478716318989.gif (133KB, 275x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478716318989.gif
133KB, 275x225px
>>388660689
>If you're interested in a game why not just spend hundreds of dollars on consoles and a few games you might not even like?
>>
>>388661676
series not game
and you're the one saying you want to get into the series
>>
>>388660689
Because I didn't care enough to go out of my way. It's more akin to window shopping until it was more convenient for me than just dropping everything because I had a passing interest in some game.

I'm not sure how you operate, and I get the feeling you're being purposely obtuse at this point, but most people don't immediately head to the roots of something the moment theh become curious about it. For example, if you were just learning about baseball, you're sooner to learn your local major teams and then the rules before hitting up wikis and libraries for the history and origin of the sport.
>>
>>388662132
well with your interest now, maybe you should go back. point being that there's plenty of time to do so.
>>
>>388662870
Point is I didn't actually care enough and my interest was hardly a pressing matter. On the list of my concerns, "adding games from that series I sometimes see on /v/ to my already massive backlog" is pretty far from the top.
>>
>>388662870
Why leave these games stuck on old hardware? why not port the older games to newer systems?
>>
>>388658030
why.jpg
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.