[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Modern Sonic is bad because it constantly take's control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sonic mania.jpg (72KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
sonic mania.jpg
72KB, 460x215px
>Modern Sonic is bad because it constantly take's control away from you/just makes your hold run and watch something cool
Really? Because from what I've seen so far Sonic Mania has a FUCKLOAD of holding right to win
>>
>>388654191
Sonic Mania has problems but "holding right to win" syndrome isn't one of them, you sure you actually played the game?
>>
>>388654191
>from what I've seen

In other words you haven't played it yourself.
>>
>>388654651
There's constant "going fast" spectacles of just holding right and nothing else. Flying Battery Zone is sick with them
>>
>>388654191
>Sonic Mania has a FUCKLOAD of holding right to win

What sonic mania did was balance sonic gameplay like the old games. In the old games you could keep momentum for a while in many stages by jumping or spinning at just the right time while going forward. There are many moments like this in Mania, which is how sonic is supposed to be designed.

If you watch videos of good players, yeah it's going to look like "holding right to win". It's also going to look like a player is using an aimbot if they're really good at FPS games.
>>
>>388654191
i've played it and fuck you. you haven't played it.
>>
>>388655053
I'm not done with the game you retard I'm on flying battery zone
>>
This game plays like a Saturn game, I wish it was a Saturn game.
>>
>>388655168
I'm not good at Sonic and I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about segments of the game that basically just showering you in speed boosts and going over a bunch of shit as quickly as possible.

Flying batter and green hill were rife with these, and studipolis had quite a bit too.
>>
>>388654191
Sonic Mania throws you in many different directions, and often when there are a lot of different paths to choose from. Hardly comparable.
>>
>>388654191
The difference is the "taking control away from you" aspect.
>>
File: 1224053059854.jpg (594KB, 1159x1583px) Image search: [Google]
1224053059854.jpg
594KB, 1159x1583px
>>388654191
honestly you have a point.
mania has a lot of sections were you lose control and its easier to just stay in the ball while the game goes auto pilot.
its kinda the downside of sonic cd and shouldn't have been used as much as it was in mania.
>>
>>388654191
>Not holding down
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.