[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is the point of 'gitting gud' in videogames?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 567563454356373.png (198KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
567563454356373.png
198KB, 500x500px
What exactly is the point of 'gitting gud' in videogames? Whats wrong with being okay and playing games on normal?
>>
kids think its a valid career path
>>
People say gitgud when you bitch about not being able to do something despite people giving you a dissertation of how to do something.
>>
>>388646621
This minus the dissertation part.
>>
>>388646305
it's a hobby that you put a lot of hours into
if you draw every day for several hours, would you be happy drawing stick figures for the rest of your life
>>
>>388646305
The reason you do it is partly because you are too cowardly for this life. You pretend to like it but in reality you are too afraid, too pathetic to measure yourself with other people who have already min maxed the game, you know they are better then you, they achieved the goal you were striving for. They took your purpose. But you still keep up the lie to somehow make it through the day. The lie that going at your own pace, keeping things relaxed, being a casual gives you a satisfactory experience. I call you a liar and a coward. Keep up this play and you will eventually lose yourself in self pity and deception. Discipline yourself, strenghten your mind do not fear the challenge. For the day will come in which you will ask yourself where you took the wrong path and I my friend will answer ; Right here right now.
>>
>>388646828
*tips fedora*
>>
>>388646305
It's fine being okay, just don't complain when it takes effort on your part to do better at said game. Tired of hearing /v/ complain about fighting games being hard when they don't want to put effort into learning it properly. Git gud or shut the fuck up when you get shit on by someone who put the time in to get good.
>>
>>388646828
>better then you
>then

brainlet spotted
>>
>>388646820
What a dumb analogy. Obviously the joy you get from drawing grows along with the skill simply because it allows you to draw more complex things, same cannot be said about playing videogames. A lot of games arguably get worse on tryhard difficulties.
>>
>>388646305
Its in the name video "games", they are meant to be played skillfully.
>>
>>388646305
when someone says they are good on a game and they can barely beat it on normal difficulty,thats the only problem here,makes me mad
>>
>>388646828
>all these people merely pretend to have fun!
>*gets angry*
>>
Git gud literally means "Overcome the challenges the game provides you at your own pace and with your own methods."

If you can't beat the game despite all the resources it provides you, you're a failure. Million of other players did it before, so why can't you? Git gud.
>>
>>388646305
Ritsu would git gud
>>
File: jdfgff.gif (685KB, 256x256px)
jdfgff.gif
685KB, 256x256px
>>388647460
>can't beat a videogame
>play another videogame
>problem solved
>>
>>388646305
Nothing wrong with that but if you're the kind of guy who act like DSP and blame the game everytime you fail at something you really need to get good.
>>
>>388646305
You realize that some games don't have difficulty options and are just hard by default, right?

>>388647594
You didn't solve the problem, you just ignored it.
>>
>>388646910
>>388646968
>>388647178

Cowards, have you not listened! Do not let your anger and frustration cloud your mind, instead use it as power. A power over pathetic choices, your pathetic personality. My friend i tell you in the twilight of hate you will have to fight. Fight and if you shall be victorious, you will for the first time have the honour of calling yourself a man. What is a man? You shall know the answer.
>>
>>388647594
Exactly HOW is it solved?

The game is still unbeaten by you. Even if you do something else in the meantime.
>>
>>388647460
sauce me
>>
>>388647896
>>388647980
The problem was me not having fun with the game because I could've proceed further. I solved it by playing another game and having fun in it.
>>
>>388648291
Is this really a good approach to life?

>something somewhat challenging presents itself
>try briefly
>give up and do something else until the cycle repeats
>>
File: 5DgEJ3t.jpg (319KB, 650x3260px) Image search: [Google]
5DgEJ3t.jpg
319KB, 650x3260px
>>388648291
But you did not experience the fun provided by the first game.

If all "fun" is completely equal in your eyes, then you might as well just play cookie clicker and such games forever. Generally though, the greater the challenge, the greater the reward for overcoming it. You just chose to eat nuts instead of pineapple.
>>
>>388648487
>Is this really a good approach to life
Jesus Christ, dude, it's a videogame.
>>
>>388647941
It's just a game, anon.
>>
>>388648291
Overcoming challenges isn't fun for you?

You seem like a rather lazy and boring person. Good for you that you want your dopamin streamlined into your brain, but there are many people who rather do something for it, even if it only includes pressing buttons.
>>
File: eat this.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px)
eat this.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
There's an infinite more pleasurable reward at mastering something for the betterment of yourself than instan mild to low gratification.

When playing MP games and understanding and then winning by the rules is much more exciting than just mashing buttons. Gitting gud is for the better man, it's not about proving yourself to others, but proving to yourself you can be better. It's awesome.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.