[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite /v/ mocking Randy and the game itself, have any anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: free-trial-key-art.jpg (213KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
free-trial-key-art.jpg
213KB, 960x540px
Despite /v/ mocking Randy and the game itself, have any anons here actually played it? If so, whats your opinion on it?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-08-29 11.14.22.png (44KB, 273x111px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-08-29 11.14.22.png
44KB, 273x111px
>>388639502
It's surprisingly fun, and a lot better than it's given credit for. The downside is feeling like too much information is being thrown at you at once.
The characters have a lot of character to them, and it's fun to listen to their interactions when the AI feels likes dropping some, their usual grunts and sayings can grate the ears though.
The story is meh, and is pretty much an introduction to the characters and a trial for figuring out who you want to play and how you want to play them. Multiplayer is where it's at, but wait times are ASS. Literal ASS. Nobody plays the game except for the tight nit community who Discords customs every other night and are crazy good.
If you're looking for a recommendation I'd say give it a shot, but understand that its prime has already come and gone.
>>
>>388639502
I couldnt stomach more than 2 games before uninstalling. Go play Smite if you REALLY want to play a 3d moba that badly.
>>
>>388640397

400+ hours

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF
>>
File: 1451121054851.png (3KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1451121054851.png
3KB, 142x138px
>>388640642
>play game
>enjoy game
>put hours into game
>>
>>388640642
I bet 200 of those hours were spent waiting for a game.
>>
>>388639502
It's boring as shit. Everything has zero impact, from the overall feel of animations to damage values and status effects. Which is pretty fucking terrible if your game is a repetitive MOBA.
Also the grind is unreal if you're f2p, but that's a secondary issue.
>>
>>388640397
Have you at least made friends with the other 20 insane people who like this for whatever reason?
You guys should ask your asylums if you can be put in the same room.
>>
>>388639502
It's a rough diamond, much better than soulless games like Overwatch. It's a shame this slightly flawed masterpiece never found the success it deserved.
>>
I played during the beta, my friend and I had a good time with the coop campaign. Generally the designs and gameplay are strong but gearbox's sense of humor is pretty grating.

Overwatch's strength in terms of character is that they actually feel like characters, instead of sardonic quip machines.
>>
I played during that beta it had before it came out, and when it first went F2P. I liked it because it had some fun characters, and the upgrading system was interesting enough to make me want to experiment with everyone. It was a mess visually, and its a shame because I actually enjoyed it. I was hoping I could at least play some of the character I liked in the beta, but the time spent getting into matches were abysmal. I mean good God, even if the queue times were instant, it still took a minute to choose a map, and another minute to choose a character, and load times, AND the 45 seconds to wait for the game to start. At least I have stuff like Awesomenauts or Gigantic to scratch wahtever itch I get for these types of games.
>>
File: 1471948068038.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1471948068038.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>388640397
>400 (FOUR HUNDRED) HOURS IN STILLBORN
>>
>>388640397
>424 hours
Man thats like what, 20 matches after searches?
>>
>>388641264
I'll add that the equipment system from what I remember was bland, the items didn't feel distinct and basically boiled down to numbers. I'm not opposed necessarily to customization in a game like this but the items should at least try to be memorable or it just becomes a mess.
>>
File: IMG_5317.jpg (29KB, 625x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5317.jpg
29KB, 625x463px
>>388640397
400+ hours
>>
File: le shig.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
le shig.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>388640397
This is literally Randy Pitchford, isn't it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.